Tuned Cars from the Auction house

Hey Forza Community

I am Playing FM7 since two days and i Buyed some pre tuned cars from the Auction House, but u wanted to change some Things in the tune so i delete the tune but When i searched for the Things, that the Person before buyed, i didn‘t found anything, in Forza Horizon 3 i had the Things which the Person before me buyed but here in FM7 i cant find it, is that an bug or something ?
Please help me :stuck_out_tongue:

BR - from Austria (Not Australia)

It works differently in FM7 - you no longer get to keep the build/ parts bought if you choose to remove the tune from the car. You will still own the standard homologation parts but not whatever bits the tuner/ previous owner added.

1 Like

Why does it work differently in Forza 7? How come you no longer get to keep those parts?

Not 100% sure, but might be to “protect” the tune’s build. In previous Forzas all you had to do is download and install a tune, remove it and with the parts still there you can do exactly the same build. In many instances the build is 90% of the tune, so it might have been seen as unfair to tuners to make it so easy to copy their tune build. I’m no big tuner, but imo it’s a good move and only fair to the tuners. Paints are protected, so tunes are too.

1 Like

You can remove the tune and see the parts on any tune you download from the sharefront or leaderboard, just not from a car you got from the auction house.

IMO one of the most bizarre features in the game > Buy a car for 7-8 times what you can go to CC and buy it > Do one lap and realize it handles like a bucket of bolts > unlock the tune and go spend 20 - 120’000 CR to set it right. I have to REALLY want a duplicate car or buy an FE car and willing to sacrifice any parts that come with them because I haven’t kept a tune yet. I am curious if you go get a tune and you select one you get asked - Do you want to buy all the parts and install? and if the tune is not suitable do you lose the parts when you unlock there as well.

1 Like

But paint is for free and tunes are not.

JUST BOUGHT A CAR FROM AUCTION HOUSE, HARD LOADED, 1000+ HP AWD. WHEN I WENT TO TUNE IT, AND REMOVED THE CURRENT TUNE, ALL OF THE UPGRADES ARE GONE. THIS BROKEN GAME IS REALLY GETTING UNDER MY SKIN!
P.S THE AUCTION “SEARCH” DOESNT WORK
THE DRIVERS GEAR CONTINUOUSLY REFERS TO 3 NEW GEAR, THAT I HAVE HAD FOR OVER A MONTH
THE 32 TIRE WIDTHS ARE BACKWARDS, WIDER FRONT AND NARROW REAR
I HAVE HAD SEVERAL OF MY DESIGNS JUST DISAPEAR ALL TOGETHER
I NEVER GET AN AUDIBLE ALERT WHEN RECEIVING AN AUCTION ALERT

Nothing broken about that. If someone tunes a car and sells it or you load a tune from someone else it is locked. If you remove the tune it removes everything. Always been this way in Forza.

2 Likes

OK. It is better to sit in silence and let people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

1 Like

He lost the build as well. In FM5 and FM6 you still owbed the parts when you removed a tune.
I think you lose the parts in the Forza’s that have the auction house feature.

Ah I didn’t know that. Have yet to buy a car on AH.

FM7 is so far the only one that deletes the parts along with the settings when you remove the tune from an AH vehicle. This didnt happen on FM2, 3 and 4.

1 Like

So you might actually have to buy upgrades that you didn’t technically pay for in the first place? Shock and horror.

1 Like

Not correct as the parts fitted to a car increase its value in the AH if I take a 20,000 credit car and tune as stock I can sell for about 25,000 max. Now If I put 50,000 in parts and tune it I can sell for about 72,000 so when you buy a tuned car in the AH you do pay for all the parts on that car. Only to find them missing if the tune is not to your taste.

Never buy a tuned car in the AH as if it is not good for you then is wasted money only buy stock and then Download a tune for that car.

Ah, well… it’s correct for anyone who’s not daft enough to pay more for the car at auction than it costs in the store.

1 Like

This makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

I go to the auction.
I see several cars that are the same model but with different power ratings.
I pay EXTRA for a car with a higher power rating, download the car and go to Tuning and upgrades.
When I go to Upgrade Shop, select a category and then:

SETUP FILE LOCKED We know the rest of the story.

Why do I lose ALL of the upgrades that I BOUGHT when I BOUGHT THE CAR!!!

Will someone please explain this ridiculous money-grab procedure to me?

you dont lose any of the upgrades it removes them from the vehicle, any tuning on the car like the suspension or transmission is lost but not upgrades to the car themselves

A question that has been asked since the AH opened it was interdouced in Forza Motorsport 7 why we dont know was not a problem in Forza Horizon 3.

And most of us dont like it the only tuned cars I sell in the AH now are Homonigsed cars or Stock only. Some of the so called Tuners think it is a good idear as keeps ther tunes SECRET. or so they think It is not just the parts that make a good tune but is more the settings used.
So just buy stock or Homoigsed only from the AH as buying any tghing alse is a waste of your credits.

Wrong!