Winter speed zone

There were so many people trying Toft last night and obviously failing, which is exactly what I did as well. I tried various cars without any success, although not the Hoonigan RS200. I tried the Shelby Cobra for its acceleration out of the curve, but probably needed to X-class it. A lot of close-but-no-biscuit runs.

I stopped trying this one because it was distracting me from other matters – the Jesko. In winter? Sigh. But in spite of that, I’ve managed to PB various speed traps and surpass my old top-speed record in the game.

I was eventually able to get it with the Hoonigan RS200, but I had to do some upgrades on it. Tire and engine upgrades to the top of S2, got me close, but still lost speed on the curve. Got it on the first try after adding aero.

Just been trying a few options to see what else there is, for anyone who doesn’t have the RS200.

The best I’ve found so far is the Ariel Atom (tune by ForbiddenBeef21 - X Dirt). I’ve done 145 mph and could go quicker. Did over 140mph when I tried it in auto. Should be easily good enough for most people to do it as it has immense grip on the main corner and excellent acceleration.

Only issue is that it isn’t an Autoshow car but it is obtainable in game (ironically as a Speed Zone level prize) so most people should have it. Also not too expensive in the AH.

The Speed Zone was challenging this week, I also used the Hoonigan RS200 with a Don Joewon Song S2 tune, it handles the corner and snow well. I straight-lined the start from the Festival, this gave me enough initial speed to counter the bend.

I tried with a few different cars, none quite getting it. Also traffic was annoying. For some reason, it became a major thoroughfare. At one point, I passed 7 AI cars while coming from Ambleside. So I gave up for a bit to return later.

So broke out the Hoonigan RS200 as many have said. Nailed a beautifully smooth run but was still 6 mph under. Realized I was running my S1 900 tune. Did a few upgrades and nailed it on my third pass, 1 rewind.

I’ll try other cars to see what else I can get to make it.

Barn find TVR Cerbera Speed 12 can also do this zone with not much trouble:

Tune shared as Winter Spd Zone

I used the Ferrari 599xx. Saw a lot of people stuck there for ages trying it. Saw a lot of people stuck at the castle as well.

I’ve done every seasonal speed zone for over a year using an X-class Hoonigan RS200 tuned by SushiXXX - I’m well-practiced by this point, but it’s never taken me more than two or three attempts on any challenge.

I thought that this would be a point of discussion.
They’ve taken a speed that would be possible on a clear road, but really difficult in winter on a road that hasn’t been gritted !
It took me ages using the Hoon RS200, but did it in the end.
I found it totally impossible with the other cars that I would class as my speed trap or speed zone cars because of the lack of corner grip on an icy road.
I cleared out the wall on the inside of the corner & then just blitzed it heading from the river towards the hill (the reverse direction to what would seem to be the better way of doing it).
They should really drop the speed requirement if they want to include this type of thing as a winter PR stunt to take the conditions into account.

My personal best is over 170mph I think, so 135mph in Summer would be childishly easy. 145mph+ is possible in the snow in the Ariel Atom and the King Cobra, TVR Sagaris FE, TVR Speed 12, 599XX E and Diablo GTR can all definitely reach this target - I’d imagine there are more cars which can do so, as I only tried the ones I thought most likely. Whilst it’s not easy, it’s not unfair and it’s good to have the occasional speed zone which actually requires some thought/good driving.

2 Likes

The RNG traffic is the most annoying thing. With a clear run it would be pretty easy, the difficulty mainly comes from there being a mass of traffic on the approach.

1 Like

OK, thanks!

Traffic is not an issue since you can wait until they are gone or ram them with rewind. It would be crazy annoying without it.

They’re never gone, there’s always like 10+ cars on that stretch, and if I ram them and rewind, the rewind puts them back where they were.

1 Like

That would be very sad. It works online only for sure because traffic is synced online. That’s the reason I can play the game. Without it PR stunts would be pointless.

I never hit any cars leading up to the zone during this challenge.

What is your input device?

Controller on Xbox.

I ended up coming in at over 160 and then having to cut the corner off road, through the trees to make the turn. Kept enough speed to get it, using one of the Koenigseggs.

Speed Zone: Toft
Code Tune ARIEL ATOM 500 V8 2013:… 425 573 327

It’s worth cutting the route

1 Like

Right, I tend to play offline because of the connection problems the game has online. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, so I just don’t bother going online any more.