Why no shifting animation on certain cars???

Speaking of which, there are several cars where you can see the driver’s feet, but when they shift, they don’t use the clutch.

Sorry–couldn’t resist.

1 Like

I didnt defend the lack of animation. You guys really need to learn some comprehension. I defended against the use of the word Lazy.

And yes, Im the best straw clutcher this side of the equator

Did they not have enough time to correct the shifting animation? No they didn’t.
Did they have enough time to implement pointless features such as driver gear? Yes.
Did they have enough time to remove fan’s favorite features such as class based rivals? Yes.

But who can’ blame them, it’s design decisions after all right?

5 Likes

Great opportunity to completely rework the animations. Gran Turismo does it really well when you reach the red line. But yeah, as huiop2 said, they introduced the zoomed-in cockpit view so basically you don’t see that the animations aren’t there. Pretty weak.

Perhaps my criticism was a bit too harsh. They introduced that cockpit view most likely because fans have been asking for it, not because they wanted to hide the bad shifting animations. But you’ve gotta admit they killed two birds with one stone :wink:

Are you kidding me?! They introduced that view because wheel users have been asking for it for years! It adds to the immersion for people with a wheel and I know controller users who prefer it over the standard cockpit view.

Could they have fixed the issues with shift animations instead of adding driver gear? Sure.
Was it due to time constraints? Possibly
Is it game breaking? For some who are looking for fully immersion, sure, but for most of us who don’t notice things like that since we focus on the race, no.
Did they implement a feature just to hide flaws in the game: Highly doubtful.

Would I call it laziness? No, QC miss, maybe, but when you are having to QC everything, including tracks and car models, things are going to get missed.

I would rather them focus on game breaking issues, like the black screen issue with leagues, first and then work on things like the shift animation. Things that actually affect people in a negative way.

1 Like

I am not sure I buy the reasoning for not having enough time. 95% of the cars are from previous Forza games. It seems if the shifting animations worked as they added cars over the years they would have only had to do about 10 new animations for this game.

1 Like

Any word yet on a fix for the shifting animation?

They really need to fix this.

2 Likes

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

There are several dozen cars in the game with completely missing animations even though I can see a shifter in the cockpit such as the 70s/80s F1 cars and a couple of others including the Ken Block Ford Focus. There are just too many to list here.

Please designate a quality testing team and resolve all issues with cars that are missing gear shift animations, thank you very much.

Also, what’s with the strange H-shifter animation? It looks like your driver is simply moving his hand up or down once as if it’s a straight-cut race transmission. Done on purpose? It looks really weird.

All vehicles with no manual shift animation have been retrofitted electric shift on the wheel.

shift animations seriously need to be looked into, I cannot believe it’s been so long and they’re still not working properly. Let’s not forget there are some engine sounds that still need fixing.

I sure hope people are submitting tickets for the ones they find. Turn10 seems to actually be listening, if you post the exact car that needs fixing it may be able to be addressed.

When did they remove the H pattern animation? it seems to have gone back to the pre FM7 way.

I think it’s an absolute outrage that some people are defending the lack of shift animations in a racing game.

Yet another car the beautiful sounding Mercedez-Sauber C29 has no shifting animation. In the last 3 months alone, I must have come across nearly 3 dozen cars with no shift animation at all - and it’s mostly the different categories of race and track-modified cars from the 60s to 90s.

I also do not like the H-pattern shifting (driver moves like he’s working a straight-cut race trans) at all or how the driver can’t keep up with quick paddle shifting even though he/she can keep up with quick H-pattern shifting.

It was so consistent in FM5 and 6 - what happened? I only did not like the paddle shifting in those two games, which I still think is really odd in FM7. It looks good in Fh4.

Update: keep submitting tickets for missing shift animations. that’s the only way to get issues investigated and hopefully resolved.