ROAD to Forza 8, ideas and suggestions

First, BIG THANKS to turn10, in this state, the game is very very good, the best racing game ever made. I regret the physics were not like this at the release of the game.
I have all the racing games (iRacing, rF2, R3e, F12018, DR, Dirt4, AMS and FH4 of course) and now i have uninstalled most of them and I play only Forza 7.
I admit that the physics update is for wheel users, and i will be happy to share the settings.

What is very good in Forza 7 and needs to be in Forza 8:
-graphics : it’s the best racing game, awesome graphics, i laugh about rF2 or all other poor graphics. at 4K with rain or night, the framerate is very smooth, Shame on rF2, AMS or all outdated 3D ISI games .
-physics : with the update, the physics are awesome (200 with “road feel” setting is so good), it needs to be improved, but Oh my god, just go on this way.
-cars list and track list : all major tracks/cars are presents. Maybe add both right/left side wheel, it’s frustrating that our favorite car has not the good side.
-H shift with all cars, it’s nice to use our H shift, most of the games don’t allow this, we buy H shift to not use it.

What part of the game needs an improvement :
Sim settings:
-Qualify
-Full pit stop animation
-Better fuel/tyre wear
-Grid position choice (Random is not enough at all), it’s a shame in this state!
-More AI, if we have a decent PC we can race with 100 AI on the Nordschleife, others major games have the feature.
-Liveries for all cars, some of the best cars, like the Formula Ford has only 1 livery, and AI can’t use custom liveries.
-Day time choice ! It’s a shame that we can’t choose.
-Random weather, we can only choose a scenario, a real random weather could be epic !
-night and rain for all tracks.
-FOV and seat settings, it’s one of the biggest missing features.
-Replay save for ALL the race, and not only 15 min !
-360° wheel rotation animation !!! since many years, it’s 90°, all other games have 360° or more ! come on, it’s a shame in this state.

I understand there won’t be Forza 8 for 2019, Forza 7 in this state it’s just the best racing game ! For Forza 8, Turn10 needs to work hard about Simulation features, cause it’s the worst part of the game.
So delete rF2, AMS, iRacing or all others outdated sims, Forza 7 is the next generation !
Turn 10, listen to the usres, and all could be awesome, if you want the sim racing crown. But please just listen, you make the game, but we use it. It’s like the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, only available for the racers of an obscure tournament. So you have created the free 2019 version to make happy all the massive complainers ! The users win, cause Turn10, you have stopped to make so much Forza very fast and you undesrtand that games like rF2, Raceroom or Assetto have more than 5 years of life (GTA is the best example how Rockstars make the most copy sold game, they create a project that needs time, and with a Forza every two years like Project cars, you are become the “arcade, not serious, only for kids” game.

The time is come to take the crown !

3 Likes
  1. Motorcycles
  2. Engine torque steer (not as much as PCars2 though)
  3. Less shiny more realistic look
  4. “Simulation Steering” Leaderboard,Time Attacks and Races.

I have posted this previously on another thread, but I’ll edit and add a few goods point others have made and re-post here.

Generally, I think Motorsports as a series has missed the opportunity (since release of horizon games) to become a more serious sim racer as a point of differentiation. Eg. Horizon = Bit Silly in Good Fun / Arcade Racer / Caters for new and younger player base. Motorsport = Serious but rewarding / Sim Racer / Caters for existing and older player base.

Here’s 10 point list of things I would like to see in Motorsport 8;

1. Expand League Racing for Multiplayer; Driver Level System that rewards clean racing and finishing position, Group players according to Level, Ghost lapped cars, Add endurance races to Leagues.

2. Strategy in Endurance Racing; Animated Pit stops, Simple Tyre strategy (Hard, Soft, Wet), Fuel consumption, 1 Lap Qualifying, Mechanical issues (see point 5), Lap Delta. F1 2018 does this well.

3. Custom Championships; Let us choose Circuits, no of laps, Qualifying, etc. Horizon 3 did this well with Blueprints.

4. Zero to Hero Career; Start in Karts or “reasonably priced car” (e.g. Spec Maita), progress to touring cars and eventually F1. Minimum difficulty and prize money should increase each tier to encourage players to improve. Only after you complete successful Pro Racing career should you afford to have a 50 Supercar garage like Lewis Hamilton.

5. Realistic Upgrades; No 6.2ltr twin turbo Willies Jeep, a 1960’s Datsun road car has chassis rigidity of a wet noodle is near uncontrollable with 600hp, an 1100hp 3ltr should have awful powerband, should heat soak and have horrible fuel and tyre consumption over race distance. Extremes should compromise durability and drive-ability, reward smart balanced tuning and development.

6. R&D Parts; Access to one-off Special Parts for each car (Forza Edition Parts?) that doesn’t increase PI (eg. 911 Exhaust with +2hp & -1kg weight) for hard earnt achievements (eg. complete 200 laps in a 911 ) for players to be more competitive with their favorite cars. Current Forza Edition cars with silly wings and CR bonus are very disappointing. Let us build our own “special” cars.

7. Paintable Race Helmets and Suits; Sorry but GT Sports Helmet and Suit system is just miles better than the gimmick we got in FM7.

8. Race Car Preparation; Weight Reduction, Chassis Prep and Function Aero that has corresponding visual upgrade. Remove back seats and audio, install race buckets, Lexan windows, Steering wheel, Exhausts, Wings, splitters, canards, diffusers, rear view mirrors, remove road accessories (ariels, indicators, etc). GT6 did this well.

9. Delete Unpopular Cars; SUV’s, Wagons, Vans are waste of space, Eg. Ford transit or Willies Jeep. (put it in Horizon not Motorsport). Add cars like those in FM4, Mines R34 GTR, HKS Time attack Evo, DTM and Super GT Touring cars…… Oh and Ferrari F2004. :slight_smile:

10. New Real World Tracks; Tsukuba (Japan), Fuji Raceway (Japan), Imola (Italy), Classic Spa (Belgium), Monaco GP (Monaco), Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Canada), Phillip Island (Australia), Pikes Peak (USA)…

As long term and loyal Forza player I’d much prefer to wait another year or two longer for Motorsport to return as a legitimate sim-racer. Leave the costumes, SUV’s and general Arcade stuff to the Horizon Games. Anyway, That’s my 2 cents… Hope Turn 10 is listening.

1 Like

Here is my list of recommendations for Forza 8, taking into consideration Forza 7 as the starting point.

GRAPHICS:

1. 4K and 60fps should be definitely the target at least on XsX.
  2. Improve the overall ambient lighting, and how it affects the environment. Now Forza 7 has most of the races to be overbright or too dark.
  3. Improve and introduce the particle effects (sand, dust, etc etc), improve the rain effects (especially the rain marks on track) and in general the textures of the environment (tarmac, marks on the road, kerbs, grass, sand, etc etc).
  4. Introduce the FOV settings (even if in a basic form like GTS).

SOUND:

1. Short and sweet. Just refer to how the sound is implemented in Assetto Corsa or Assetto Corsa Competizione. The difference with the dull sound of Forza is evident. This should be their target benchmark.

GAMEPLAY

1. Deliver less cars and less categories (who cares about trucks, come on) but with much more sophisticated physics for each of them. Every car should matter, should have its clear identity.
  2. Improve the physics, introducing tyre heating, tyre pressure, tyre wear and tyre compound.
  3. Improve the suspension physics.
  4. Introduce the setting for having all electronic assists (ABS, TCS, etc etc) set to ‘Factory’, to experience the real handling condition of the actual real counterpart.

MISCELLANEOUS

1. Improve the UI , the latest Forza 7 has menus designed by an intern after a 24-hour non stop trip in La La La Land movie.
  2. Improve the Free Play, introduce proper Time Trial mode, with ghosts of other players.
  3. Improve the Free Play, introducing Custom Offline Championships, giving the opportunity to setup our own desired league with all parameters (number of races, tracks, number of opponents, category, qualifying, practice, length of races, dynamic weather and time, etc etc).
  4. Allow replays at any time of the race.

Here is my list of recommendations for Forza 8, taking into consideration Forza 7 as the starting point.

GRAPHICS:

2. Improve the overall ambient lighting, and how it affects the environment. Now Forza 7 has most of the races to be overbright or too dark.
  3. Improve and introduce the particle effects (sand, dust, etc etc), improve the rain effects (especially the rain marks on track) and in general the textures of the environment (tarmac, marks on the road, kerbs, grass, sand, etc etc).

SOUND:

1. Short and sweet. Just refer to how the sound is implemented in Assetto Corsa or Assetto Corsa Competizione. The difference with the dull sound of Forza is evident. This should be their target benchmark.

GAMEPLAY

1. Deliver less cars and less categories (who cares about trucks, come on) but with much more sophisticated physics for each of them. Every car should matter, should have its clear identity.
  2. Improve the physics, introducing tyre heating, tyre pressure, tyre wear and tyre compound.
  4. Introduce the setting for having all electronic assists (ABS, TCS, etc etc) set to ‘Factory’, to experience the real handling condition of the actual real counterpart.

MISCELLANEOUS

1. Improve the UI , the latest Forza 7 has menus designed by an intern after a 24-hour non stop trip in La La La Land movie.
  2. Improve the Free Play, introduce proper Time Trial mode, with ghosts of other players.
  3. Improve the Free Play, introducing Custom Offline Championships, giving the opportunity to setup our own desired league with all parameters (number of races, tracks, number of opponents, category, qualifying, practice, length of races, dynamic weather and time, etc etc).

GRAPHICS:

SOUND:

GAMEPLAY

MISCELLANEOUS

ACC has terrible chasecam sounds, no. forza should still have production cars mainly. keep forza forza, not assetto forza edition

Here’s what I want to see in FM8:

1. Improved driving physics and vehicle simulation. Especially with hybrid/electric drivetrains, heat soak, RL advanced ABS, TCS/STM, torque vectoring and active aero.

2. Improved driver aids. Both to retain simcade accessibility for less experienced players while not compromising the simulation, and to also improve realism. Driver aids should be dependent on what the vehicle actually has installed. Aids can always be used to ease the simulation, but not make it more difficult (i.e. can’t drive a manual with clutch in a car with an automatic transmission, or turn off ABS/TCS in a car that doesn’t allow the systems to be disabled). Upgrade parts would allow this to be changed (transmission/gearbox swaps, brake upgrades, etc). Basic beginner assists for classic vehicles with no driving aids would still be available (i.e. the drivatar shifts for the player, pumps the brakes, helps keep the car stable, etc). Assists would be able to be set per-vehicle. Vehicles with modern gear select and double clutch automatics could be driven as manual without clutch or fully automatic. More difficult settings (i.e. manual with clutch) should NOT provide an arbitrary, unrealistic cheat speed boost. If you’re racing an older car with a clutch against a modern double clutch system, you will be at a disadvantage in shift speed and may want to consider upgrading the transmission.

3. More interactive vehicle systems. Like in GT Sport, blinkers should be functional, and there should be a quick and easy way to switch assists on and off during a race for cars with the ability to do so (without having to use the pause menu).

4. Overhauled upgrade, tuning and PI system. Add more detailed and realistic upgrades with ability to tune both up and down like in GT Sport.

5. More realistic damage model. Multiple difficulties ranging from roughly what we have now to very realistic, where one hard hit can take a car out of the race. Also include part reliability and ability to repair during pit stops.

6. New homologation system based around race rulesets (year, make, model, power, weight, PI, drive type, etc and also forbid/require specific upgrade parts) rather than arbitrary car groups. Most cars would be able to qualify for multiple divisions.

7. Improved livery editor with ability to paint race gear as well. Allow for higher resolution liveries instead of the blurry mess we have now.

8. Overhauled UI. The UI in more recent Forza games has been pretty bad. Scrap the mess and focus on building a usable UI this time.

9. Updated car sounds, models and animation. A lot of cars have low quality models and reused/remixed sounds and animations. This part of the game needs a major polish pass.

10. Improved AI. Scrap the drivatar system and start over. AI racers should follow race rules, not teach players to break them. Remove AI cheat handicaps on higher difficulties and make them follow the same laws of physics as the players.

11. More fantasy tracks and a route creator. The lack of new places to drive cars is one of the bigger weaknesses of the franchise right now given the insane number of cars in the game, and given the difficulty of licensing tracks the gap could be filled by some fantasy tracks. A route creator would allow the community to create even more tracks.

12. Add dirt racing. Mixed surface rallycross, dirt and tarmac rallies, and stadium events to give buggies and trucks a place to shine. This would be the biggest addition I would like to see in FM8.

13. Racing school. Add a robust racing school to the game, similar to what GT has but better and optional so it doesn’t difficulty gate players from the majority of the game. The school should show the player how to control a vehicle (including drifting), how to learn tracks and learn to recognize braking points, and the rules and techniques of good racing.

14. Improved penalty system. Racing school would be great, but needs to be backed up a penalty system that discourages dirty driving. AI racers should be able to receive penalties as well, and the system should be active in career/campaign races. Should be able to be customized or turned off entirely in custom races.

completely new neural AI was confirmed, with artificial boosting, its based off of forzaRC players, fantasy tracks were confirmed coming back enlarge too,

Over the entire Forza Series, there has been this one thing that bugs all of us - online trolls. They either deliberately floor it into a hairpin, or brake check in a straight, or pretty much ruin a good racer’s lap. It’s insufferable.
Forza Horizon 4 did implement some sort of ghosting system, but I think that was exploitable, and from my dim memory of racing online, I remember accidentally doing a lot of overtakes using that.
For FM8, I think this will be worse, because we are in a closed track, and believe me, I’ve seen massive scale crashes with drivatars.

My suggestion for this (and this is as well-formed as a thought in the shower) is that the penalization system for this does not use the relative speed between the players, but instead compare the driver’s speed and line with either the racing line or a simulated route by, say, an unbeatable drivatar.
An example scenario is that if a troll deliberately floors it onto a pack at eg., Spa-Francorchamps T1, the game would notice that the troll is going WAY too fast for the turn, and protect the other drivers by probably using the same ghosting system as shown with FH4, except much more precise. A penalty could also be rewarded with the troll. This also helps with deliberate brake checking, as the game would also detect that a player is going unnecessarily slow, and protect other drivers accordingly.
These records could also be used to sort out the trolls to be racing against trolls, and sensible drivers racing with other sensible drivers.

I don’t know if this is effective or reasonable, but I’d like to see your feedback.

1 Like

It would be great to have tyres brands, like in FM2 or 3!

-No asymmetrical tuning settings, separation between left and right and Provide some Ovals.
-Possibility to put a racing steering wheel in the cars.

Hello everybody

My suggestion for the new forza game should have you own AI driver that you can rank up yourself so when you are doing the big races that requires a pit stop you can swap drivers as like in some motorsport series,

As well as a co op in the same sense when your doing a big 50 lap+ race you and your friend can take turns when pitting like some other games.

Thanks for listening

I agree, Forza used to have a “Hire Driver” option pre-race (only saw this in FM4), so it would be nice to implement that in a way for long races.

I like where you’re going with this idea. I hope to see something like this. I enjoy the online racing regardless but my bro in law won’t touch multiplayer unless its he and I alone in a private lobby. Stinks because id like to fill the lobby. Hope turn 10 has some version of what you described in the works.

My friends and I want the ability to play through the single player races (Forza Drivers Cup) as coop. Also drivatars in private lobbies. We don’t spend much time in the public online lobbies, because we don’t particularly like the curation. We play with pretty heavy restrictions on each other…no drive-lines, TCM and ABS off, damage/wear/fuel on, etc, and it’s not much fun playing against people who clearly have full drive-lines on and have zero driving honor, ramming you at every dang turn. And it seems everyone wants to race S.

Though that would be nice…a Sim-heavy list for us peeps who like it but don’t want to drop like…$400 into iRacing, requiring strict track enforcement, first person driving, and no assists.

And I hope we get Alfa Romeos and Lancias back. Super missing them in Horizon 5.

2 Likes

A lot of things have been mentioned that I agree with, that’s awesome. Especially “Hire driver and spectate type options” which could include creating a team progression mode where you and your personal team - driver A, B, C, D (Salary, Bio, Level, XP, Win:Loss, Unique modifier etc., character creator so you can see more than a helmet and create your favorite 90’s F1 driver and throw him out there in an E Class race and watch him spin out on turn 2 because you ordered him/her to be hyper aggressive on the pizza cutters…fun and fired! ++ replayability) All very doable and adds to the customization and aesthetic vibe of fun. Leaning into more than just the racing community with that last bit I guess.

But as much as it is a motor sport sim it needs more than just cute graphic gimmicks, celebrity voice over cameos, and MENUS MENUS MENUS. Please go minimal with the UI, I am begging you!!! Don’t “suggest” so many things and for goodness sake let ME DECIDE on who, what, when, where I want to race! Especially on the music genre, or just OFF without the hassle of so many MENUS. Hell I’d even subscribe to am integrated Spotify or something and create my own “in game play list”. I can’t drive/play games to bad music ;). (Not a problem, I am just being edgy and usually kill the soundtrack in most racing games) I like to hear the ambient noises: crowds, birds, engines, pit crew, rain etc. etc. unless I am at a car show and I’m rolling up blasting that sweet sweet low end 808. (I was… in lots of car clubs in my life sigh I have stories)

Also something I haven’t seen in a LONG while is a good solid personal 1 v 1 mode without all the frills and nonsense. “I just want to bring my car, and my buddy (buddies) brings his (their) car, and we drag race, or do a few laps, or have an SP battle through a Japanese highway at night or up and down a mountain!” (Tokyo Xtreme Racer and some choice Anime references in there lol) I have local childhood personal rivals since the NES days on that Off Road game where you spam nitro and jump dirt ramps then argue about it all day. Not looking to rally like that (maybe) but the sheer emotion that got conjured up was amazing. Forza MS racing online feels very dry to me, like there is no reason to advance anywhere. If I had the option to show up with my A.I. drivers (my car club logo and all that bs) in a match online THAT would be awesome. “Bring your team, I’ll bring my team… the better coach wins etc.” Ya know, just something other than …Log On > shuffle menus > cue up for a C class race with my beautifully designed 2nd gen Mazda RX 7 > End up in an S class cue > Drop out because I didn’t meet requirements > Change car into something I’ve never even driven > Let the game homologate a Miata to match the S999 rank Miatas that I am going to be forced to race > Start happy > Lose dumb > Turn off game and go play Terraria. Seriously… lol. I LIKE my RX 7 that I made and spent lots of time/money/effort on, but I can’t do s#it with it but watch it spin around and look like a pretty paper weight! Can’t use it for most campaign modes, can’t race it how I want online… “Just because you have 50 more PP than me doesn’t mean you’re a better driver, I’ll put up $5000 on this race!” (might as well throw in some light cash match grudge racing, why not!?)

I believe, you can have real motorsport type physics (car damage, tire to surface feel, accurate aerodynamics, customization, etc.) and experiences and still make it “fun” for everyone, or the people like me, who are willing to spend $$, who want to make a car club with my friends and race rival car clubs or people all d@mn day long lol! And every now and then do a 20 lap official track thing for a few in game bucks to upgrade your cars. Horizon tried to go that route I think but its waaaayyyyy too “arcadey” and feels like “its for kids” to me. Again this is just me! Nothing wrong with Horizon, just didn’t scratch my itch. I don’t like fortnite so I guess it’s not for me lol. It has that same vibe as in (go in > run around > loot box > P2W > drive your lambo through houses at 300 MPH > an Aussie dude screams at you and the crowd cheers o_O … Mom can I have more chicken nuggets!?.. No thanks I’ll pass lol

Last thing, then I’ll shut up. I think it would be great to customize your own garage! I forget which racing game allowed something like that (PS2 or Dreamcast days I think), but seeing your most used or chosen top 10 or so cars that you select or something in a “walk around” mode would be amazing. Random hired techs looking into car’s engine bay with clip boards and chatting with your team drivers, cars on lifts, or jacks, just kind of that random car clubby cozy feel that welcomes you and gives the game more QoL features when customizing your cars. Imagine going into your garage, in 3rd person mode, and walking up to your 1993 Orange E36 and talking to the jumpsuited tech you hired sitting in the driver seat looking over a data tablet… “Hello, how is the car today?” “Driver A has been complaining about lots of understeer, consider upgrading [suggested part modification] for the next race boss!” Or something goofy like that.

Back to Terraria. Looking forward to see what shakes down! :slight_smile:

Fully interactive Forzavista mode. I like how every button and switch on the planes is fictional in Microsoft Flight Sim. Having every button interactive in Forzavista would be a fun way to explore unique features in a car. Wipers, turn signals, fuel cap button, hook latch, trunk button, power windows, driving modes, etc.

Modern cars have many more unique functions.

I agree with everything but the less car idea.

*I would also like to see weight reduction in 1 point pi intervals, ie : 10lb is 1 index point. Not the normal *-200lb, -400lb, -800lb intervals.
*Body kits for all cars
*EVERY SINGLE tire size - no jumping from 195 to 225 to 275…ALL SIZES in between please
*carbon fiber wheel options
*AI in private lobbies- with option to pick any car for AI in any class, even if it is different from my car class
*Also, able to pick lobbies with TC/stm/abs off