Rivals Challenge - FH5 Edition

Noble is probably (in RWD form) the fastest car available in this event. I’ve ran 13.55 or so in the F1, probably only a few cars that can beat that.

I saw quite a few of them on the (wrong) leaderboard and its a car i haven’t used before so thought i’d try it.Don’t think i’ll be going rwd just yet tho!

The fastest time in an eligible car is 13.36 in the M400. The fastest time in what I assume is an AWD car is 13.42 in the FXX.

The only other eligible cars under 14.00 are the Diablo GTR (13.44), F1 GT (13.50), CC8S (13.50), Elise GT1 (13.52), 98 Supra (13.54), my time in the F1 (13.55) and Mosler (13.59). All of those will be RWD.

Best Ford GT 05 is at 14.05 and there’s a Zerouno at 14.07. 911 GT1 (14.08), C8 (14.08), M600 (14.10), 570S (14.11) and the Aventador 16 (14.12) complete the car models under 14.15.

I use the Ford GT in S1 open races and have just had a go on the Colossus in it. I think i could get into the mid 1.14s in it if only i could keep it clean.Not sure what tune i have on it but it has quite a bit of lift-off understeer on it,not much of a problem racing,but awkward for rivals.
I dont think i’ve driven the FXX much,if at all,might give that a go in the week.
Thanks for the car round-up

I used it in Open earlier and won 4/4 with it in Street but the opposition was non-existent, I could still tell it really is a great car though, it’s so quick to turn in that avoiding any annoying traffic and getting back on the racing line is a doddle.

In Rivals it’s great but at the same time forgiving handling should make it a comfortable car to really push even on the Colossus.

Though that’s easier said than done, when I give the Colossus a go I know for a fact if I look like I’m on for a good time I won’t be able to stop myself getting sheepish and backing off a little towards the finish.

1 Like

That was what I was already planning on using. Had it already in my garage with that tune installed and my livery on it.

15:44.228 dirty. Right before Decansar I was thinking, I’m good for the next stretch as Descansar is my go to for a lot of seasonal challenges, and I got cocky and drift tapped a wall right before Descansar’s start line.

1 Like

Yeah,i guess we all suffer the same at the end on these really long runs :slight_smile:
It does help having almost all of the Decansor route near the end of this one.Even so, you just know they like to put ‘gotchas’ here and there, on these long runs especially.Theres a raised curb on the run through the city,2 runs in the Noble and i must have just avoided it as i went through clean both times without even realizing it was there.Get in the Ford and i clip it every sweary time,even after i’ve learned its there,bounce,bounce,wall.

Unlikely to get a Colossus time from me. 15 minutes without clipping a wall is just not going to happen.

And this is as good a place to ask is there a way to streamline the rivals process down a bit? Online - Rivals - Select track - Class - Select rival(I switch between myself and whoever) - finally car. Basically I’d sometimes just like to change the car and skip all the preceding bit’s, possible?

I don’t think so,can’t change car,tune or rival without quiting and re-starting. User Interface designed by someone who has never had to use it.
It particularly annoys me when you cant choose a rival near you (except friend) without scrolling all the way down from no.1 on LB.If anyone knows a way round that i’d be grateful (bar deleting all my friends :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The user interface is very poor. Change car from within the rivals menu would make a massive difference (as would adding split times for what it’s worth). It’s hopelessly inefficient. Not being able to select rivals times next to you is a bug that wasn’t present in FH4 - standard failure to fix the little things that matter.

4 Likes

May not help but this is what I have as tunes for what are probably the main options for Colossus:

AWD:

Ferrari FXX - Koarsse
Ford GT 05 - Rexazr

RWD Grip:

Diablo GTR - TopTierRamen
Lotus Elise GT1 - K1Z Bard
McLaren F1 GT - K1Z Suimin

RWD Power:

Noble M400 - K1Z Bard
McLaren F1 - SakuraMxSPD

2 Likes

First run on the Colossus was surprisingly a clean one and got to 14:19.something with it.

A few more mistakes (me being me they were in completely nonsensical places) after I managed to put in a 14:10.451 in the R390.

The only thing that may be a little quicker is entering rivals from the start point on the map - it saves the menu/online/rivals/discipline bit. I totally agree with the overall bad design though, things are unnecessarily clunky in so many areas. Why keep changing things for the sake of it rather than making improvements? So many menus and UI aspects are worse than in FH4.

2 Likes

Did manage a cowardly clean Colossus time in the Ford GT mentioned above. It drives nicely and I could do better but those walls sure are attractive (92% previous attempt was better).

And thanks for all those answers. It is a shame it’s not a bit more user friendly sometimes.

Strangest thing with that is it has actually worked for me…twice in the whole 5 months up to now.

Land Rover Defender 110 X BedlamBorealis “RIVALS” 00:51,943
I leave it

Yourself ,Pablito and me within a second of each other on the Colossus is a little odd over such a long race. Lucky to keep mine clean,i had to come to a complete stop to avoid the wall on the tight lefthander right at the end of the race.

1 Like

Estadio leaderboard so far (Land Rover Defender 20 unless stated):

Bedlam - 51.639
Landorgini - 51.943
Xoroxronis - 52.022 (Range Rover 15)
Gilles - 52.386 (X5 M)
Smoke - 52.836
PABO - 53.036
Spiko - 53.203
Pablito - 53.253
GAdam - 54.121 (Macan 19)
Akaalpac - 54.354 (Macan 19)
Kulau - 54.421
PiratePenguin - 54.555
SilverFox - 54.638 (Bentayga)
Kooll - 55.856
Angel - 59.193 (Urus)

5 Likes

And Colossus - just minutes and seconds to save a little effort:

Jezza - 13.41 (Diablo GTR)
Bedlam - 13.58 (Diablo GTR)
Gilles - 14.10 (R390)
PABO - 14.20 (Elise GT1)
Nursemorph - 14.22 (Zonda C)
Landorgini - 14.45 (Elise GT1)
PentEd - 14.45 (FXX)
Pablito - 14.45 (FXX)
Spiko - 15.04 (Centenario)
Der Duit - 15.11 (F1 GT)
Smoke - 15.14 (570S)
Akaalpac - 15.53 (GT 05)
Kooll - 16.26 (620R)
Rex - 16.28 (620R)
PcgTron - 17.57 (Aventador SVJ)
Angel - 18.13 (Countach)

6 Likes

My Colossus time must have been from a while ago, probably for one of the rivals accolades. I don’t have enough time at the moment - or patience - to aim for anything better on this length track, but will hopefully tackle the cross country one a bit more.