Quadro40k's paints

Welcome to my Forza Horizon 4 livery gallery!

Below you will find the index of my paints with links to particular posts with more full size pictures.

1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - Ayrton Senna Tribute livery for McLaren cars.

Available on:

• 2018 McLaren Senna
  • 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
  • 2018 McLaren 720S Coupe
  1. Corona Extra livery.

Available on:

• 2014 Infiniti Q50 Eua Rouge
  • 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
  1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - SU-27 “Flanker” Jet Fighter livery.

Available on:

• 2017 Acura NSX
  • 2015 Audi TTS Coupe
  • 2008 Lamborghini Reventon Forza Edition
  • 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
  • 1995 Nissan Nismo GT-R LM Forza Edition
  • 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS

Simplified version also available on:

• 2010 Renault Clio R.S. Forza Edition
  • 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX
  • 2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
  • 2010 Nissan 370Z
  1. Winnie-the-Pooh livery.

Available on:

• 2009 MINI John Cooper Works
  • 2017 Nissan GT-R
  1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - Five Finger Death Punch livery.

Availabe:

• 2018 Ford Mustang GT
  • 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX
  • 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus RS RX
  • 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
  • 1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STI
  • 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang
  • 1957 BMW Isetta 300 Export
  1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - The Punisher livery.

Available on:

• 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
  • 2013 Audi RS4 Avant
  • 2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
  • 2013 Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG
  • 2010 Nissan 370Z
  • 2017 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
  • 2013 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
  • 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus RS RX
  • 2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5
  1. Fallout Vault 13 livery.

Available on:

• 1965 Hoonigan Ford “Hoonicorn” Mustang
  • 1973 AMC Gremlin X
  1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - Star Wars “Galactic Empire” livery.

Available on:

• 2008 Lamborghini Reventon
  • 2010 Mosler MT900S
  1. The Howling Wolf livery.

Available on:

• 2005 Subaru Impresa WRX STI

Older version is available on:

• 1993 Jaguar XJ220
  • 2015 Jaguar XFR-S
  • 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
  • 2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
  • 2010 Renault Clio R.S. Forza Edition
  • 2017 Nissan GT-R
  • 2019 Hyundai Veloster N
  • 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
  1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - Ferrari #35 Livery

Available on:

• 2015 Ferrari F12TDF
  1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - Polar Bears Livery

Available on:

• 2016 Aston Martin Vulcan Forza Edition
  • 2019 BMW Z4 Roadster
  • 1986 Hoonigan Ford RS200 Evolution
  • 1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe Forza Edition
  1. Red Alert “For the Motherland!” livery.

Available on:

• 2012 Ferrari 599xx Evolution
  • 2017 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
  1. FH4 Weekly Livery Contest Winner - Killer Bunny “Run Away” livery.

Available on:

• 2015 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
  • 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
  • 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500
2 Likes

And to start with, fresh paint done yesterday.

McLaren Senna, Ayrton’s paint (quite obviously inspired by MSO’s P1 GTR Ayrton Senna tribute).

And variation of it on 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe:

thats the case for many of us Quadro. Either you needed to be one of the first to ever upload a design for that car, be a Plaground games “pick of the week” or have a massive amount of followers. Otherwise its very hard to get a lot of downloads.

I hit a lucky spot with two designs that have over 20 downloads without any of the above.
Have you tried the weekly thing?

Nice paint by the way, can see you spent time and effort in that, a shame it hasnt gotten any downloads yet.

Looking forward to seeing more stuff

Nice work on the Senna tributes Quadro :+1:t5: It works on both cars but I was wondering if you’ve done another version for the McLaren which caters for the (hideous) widebody kit? I’m sure a lot of tunes use it & I reckon the side image of Senna might get a bit distorted?

I saw your entry in this week’s Livery comp, that’s definitely the way forward if you’re looking to boost your download figures. You could maybe join an in-game Club or an Horizon related Xbox Club to get more exposure? I don’t do social media as a rule but if you’re on Facebook or Twitter etc, it can’t hurt to promote yourself there.

Keep plugging away, paint the things that you like & if by chance your design isn’t picked one week enter it in the next comp.… :wink:

I didn’t try the body kit and yeah, I won’t be surprised if it distorts the design. Even with stock build on these McLarens you have to align side and top layers to cover curves on the sides correctly, so I’m pretty sure any change to the body shape will kick the whole paint out of alignment, not just Ayrton’s face, the lines on the body as well.

Thanks, I do plan to stick to weekly competition, even if I never make it to the winning, it looks like fun. Time is the enemy though, work, kids and the rest of real life tend to steal precious hours from Forza :slight_smile:

An older paint (export from FM7) that I finally got the car for in FH4 :slight_smile:

Slightly recolored as well, blue wasn’t really matching brand color before.

Yay!!! Senna livery made it to weekly contest winners!!!

[happy dance here]

Next up is Su-27 Flanker Jet Fighter livery on Acura NSX:

This one doesn’t have any bodywork-dependent lines so is easily transferable to pretty much any car. So if someone wants Flanker on their specific ride, let me know.

So, a new week, and a new contest :slight_smile:

And while I’m holding my fingers crossed for SU-27 paint, here’s another fantasy, Winnie-the-Pooh, based on old Soviet cartoon which I always found kinder and cuter than Disney version:

Well, it looks like Winnie-the-Pooh didn’t quite fly with the contest so I’ll try something a bit less childish this week.

Here’s my Five Finger Death Punch fantasy on Ford Mustang GT:

I also made a timelapse of one of the decals’ creation, though not sure if it’s of any interest to anyone.

Yay! Another win!

Decals used in this livery:

Variations of this design are available on multiple other cars: Hoonigan Focus 9, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Subaru 22B and Hotwheels Mustang for example.

I still need to get my hands on one of the trucks… F-150 or RAM, should look quite nice there.

New project is not ready yet, so here’s one of the older works. Very simple but I really like how it looks in action on the car.

Decals:

Updated OP to actually look like a gallery.

Looking for feedback on latest project:

Ok, what I believe is the final version of Fallout Vault 13 livery is ready:

Decals created for it:

Work in progress - Star Wars theme (on request from my kids):

First of all, nice gallery Quadro, I like the variety of your designs & also that you show your vinyl groups too :+1:t5:

Also impressed with these, not often you see someone actually manoeuvre the shapes into place, they usually just cut the shapes from the screen then reverse the sequence so that the image ‘builds’. Good stuff, look forward to the next updates.

1 Like

Thanks, really appreciate it!

There’s actually two reasons I do it this way.

First is purely practical: I’ve never done any video editing, so I don’t have skills or tools for it. So I just hit “record” when I do decals and then simply glue parts together and speed it up till duration is something reasonable. Keeps the process fast and simple.

Second is more of ideology: when I opened livery editor in FM7 for the first time I was completely frustrated. I just couldn’t quite understand how people do the shapes for logos and decals. I searched youtube a bit and watched a number of timelapses made just as you describe, and they only confused me even more, because they don’t really show the process. So I thought maybe if I show it end to end, someone might find it useful and may be it will get someone else into painting.

As happens to me all the time, livery took much longer to make than I thought. But here we are finally:

Star Wars “Galactic Empire” livery:

Decals created for it:

I’ll do a timelapse of Trooper decal as well, just need to find some time to edit the video.

Excellent job, like always.

I really like the Star Wars Theme

Keep up the good work

Clone Trooper creation timelapse is ready and up on YouTube for anyone interested.

Just over 5 hours of work in real time, sped up to about 5 minutes.