PC - Game won't run

I did a reset of my PC, fresh and it worked this time. It said that the last device is taking too long to sync so I should sync from last saved (which is never) and it worked after that. Something to do with the syncing process messes with it.

Additionally you can also try this in command prompt (run it as administrator) “SFC /SCANNOW”

Tried these except for the “powershell” scan (because it can do damage to games and apps apparently) but nothing gives me access to Forza 7. All other apps and games work fine. When I run an SFC scan everything is fine so I don’t know what the problem is unless the download is corrupted somehow. Maybe it won’t let me execute it until Tuesday. I’ll wait until then and request a refund if it doesn’t work. Given the issues I’ve had getting the download to work even once I know if I try reinstalling it, it will most likely fail. No Turn 10 staff seem to care about my problem since they’ve gone silent in this thread. I’ve posted my logs and done everything possible (almost bricking my PC by following Microsoft’s advice on how to fix the download error) so I pretty much have to admit defeat at this point I guess. Really sad because I’ve been looking forward to playing for a long time and to have some stupid Windows Store protocol block me is making me really furious.

I decided to reinstall, now it doesn’t even go to the screen with request to press Enter. Just stays infinitely on the first loading screen. Nothing helps. This is frustrating. I am about to request refund :frowning:

I reinstalled Windows10 clean, sometimes its the only option that works.

CW40? what edition of the game you have, standard deluxe or ultimate?

Ultimate edition. According to the windows store I should have been able to play since 1:00 am Friday morning. I’m thinking something is screwed up and the store is thinking it’s the standard edition. That’s why I’m waiting until Tuesday. If it doesn’t work on Tuesday then I know it never will. When it was downloading it was showing a download bar for Forza 7 and Forza 7 ultimate at the same time which I thought was weird. In the store it shows I own the Ultimate Edition and all the extras that go with it so it’s all confusing. I’m pretty fed up with the Windows Store to be honest. As much as I like these games, it just isn’t worth the kind of stress the store causes. This may have to be the last thing I buy from the store regardless of how this ends up. Every other gaming service works flawlessly, but for some reason the Store always has some sort of issue. Up until now any store problems have been relatively small so I could solve the issues and things worked again but the problems getting this game to download and work have been WAY over the top. I may delete the game and install again out of desperation but I bet it won’t download again.

Try this? idk, maybe you should just do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 otherwise.

Go to Settings → Apps → apps & features → (Forza7something) → advanced options → reset

You can also try to do the same with “xbox” and “store” this way.

Resetting Forza was the first thing I tried. Reinstalling Windows from scratch is unacceptable and not an option. The amount of time it would take to get my PC the way it is now isn’t worth one game. I highly doubt it would do anything anyway. The system files are fine. I suspect the problem is with the store’s online functionality.