My car stops when going faster than 200 mphs

It’s not that. I think that the game can’t update at the speed you are going so you get a buffer filled with parts of the game blocking it up… or the Hard Drive can’t keep up with loading the game elements. This is the older XBox One’s not the XBox One X.

It isn’t that. Hitting other cars doesn’t stop you dead from 270mph to 0 in 0.00 seconds flat.

its pretty close if you hit a salt-sprayer:-)

I’d like to shed some light upon the issue :

Out from the first website I found :

This 12GB (One X) means the console has an impressive amount of memory available – it has 4GB reserved just for the system while games have another whole 8GB at their disposal which is a significant increase on the 5GB the Xbox One had available.

Invisible walls occur when you drive fast and the RAM cannot unload and load the textures required. I believe it happens more often online, cause there are more player cars to load.

Network cannot cause such problems, just because it synchronises your position with the server, it cannot move you in anyway.

Another person who thinks they know how the software works and has gotten it spectacularly wrong.
Network can indeed cause such problems and has. Also many people are experiencing this and fixing it by going offline. So how is it RAM related and not network, considering the fix is NETWORK related?

Correlation isn’t causation, that’s why.

I have a fast PC with lots of RAM, but a mediocre internet connection. In 775 hours I can’t remember having this issue.

1 Like

Cool theory. Why don’t you get stopped when you lose connection to the server and go offline, or when you go online and you wait for the game to find a server? The latency is only your perception of others and theirs of you. NETWORK does NOT RENDER the game. All it does is synchronize your position on the map.

RENDERING is not affected from your NETWORK.

2 examples : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZnDjEcXNU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMB6YLn2JDc

Do you see how he stops mid air, then the textures load and only AFTER that the car starts falling. Oh wait he downloads them mid game …

Even if the issue is not 100 % RAM specific, textures do not load fast enough. Therefore the invisible bubble that is moving around the car providing the environment, in which it moves, stops. When the car reaches its end, the car stops hitting this invisible wall.

If NETWORK rendered anything we wouldn’t need consoles or PCs. Only a Smart TV.

Going offline doesn’t fix anything, if going back online produces the same issue. It just lowers the amount of stuff that needs to be rendered (Online there are more cars to be rendered than offline)

But what do I know …

Forza Live is slower than solo. You have to test for all those controllers steering the cars, there’s all sorts of things going on there. There could be more textures as well when the Ai are using stock textures quite often. So the network has these problems not in a solo game.

The network doesn’t have problems. It not the connection’s fault. There are simply more things to be rendered and loaded online.

SMDH

Just to throw a wrench into the mix. I play FH4 on a Day One Edition Xbox One (8gb of ram, 5 usable according to an above post) and for the last year have been using satellite internet (roughly 30 kb/s download speed and 700ms of latency) I couldn’t load the auction house with my internet connection. But I could still get into online free roam and after a few tries actually managed to get the Trial and Playground games events. I had a “poor network connection” warning on the top of the screen 100% of the time I played the game.

I have never managed to find an invisible wall, even when doing ultimate speed runs down the highway at 250+mph online or offline.

FWIW I have the game downloaded onto an external Seagate 5TB USB3.0 Backup Plus hard drive.

2 Likes

It is mostly the fact that the game can’t be rendered fast enough. It doesn’t matter if I play online or offline, the game still decides that I should stop. Baritone mike above me has the best solution to this problem. Get an external hard drive and download the game there. If I remember correctly, one of my friends had the same issues before getting an external hard drive. It fixed the problem immediately.

I’ve played the game online and offline on both the og-one and one-x - never faced an issue like this.

are you on PC?

I have a 1TB OG XOne and am haviñg the issue but only in certain areas and if I’m in my Mosler doing 270+mph. I noticed the issue AFTER downloading the DLC Fortune Island. Before it was fine and since the Lego [Mod redacted - D] Speedway DLC it got even worse. I would delete them but don’t have unlimited net to redownload them if that isn’t the issue as it only happens on the main world not on the DLC maps. But started happening when the DLC was downloaded so can only conclude it was to do with the DLC.

As for the connection argument, it won’t affect due to your connection but more to how many players are on your server at one time and have cars being loaded on and off with them doing speeds of over 200mph too so comes down to the rendering of those which I have noticed that areas with A LOT of players in the area can cause frame drops which can contribute to freezing and texture loading slow downs. But this has nothing to do with connection.

Fixed it and yes the problem is the console. Due to the game loads other players and it has to load other stuff like others input to show you the 5400rpm hdd remains behind and can’t buffer but the console itself can render everything all you need to do is changing to a 7200rpm hybrid hdd with 8gb od ssd beside it. Works wonders
Or more simple solution is let your console cool off and clean
Ram by clearing Blu-ray persistent storage and clean mac adress then do a hard reset by holding your finger on the power button till it shuts down and disconnect the power cord from power source for 10 to 15 minutes that should fix your problem for around a day or two.
Best of luck to everyone

I think the fortune cookie I got for lunch today was really meant for you. It said “I see a new Xbox in your near future.”

If I change to a new Hard Drive, and then re-install the game do I lose anything? Like my Vinyls?

You wouldn’t lose anything as it’s all on the cloud.

All that stuff is stored in the cloud just like your game save
Didnt realize you were new to using an xbox one

Hey man I have been having the same exact problem. I have the same problem in PUBG when I’m on a snowmobile, motorcycle, or snow bike and travel from point A to point B quickly. The problem is the internet connection and loading in the map. On PUBG you fall through the map when it happens, but when it happens on Forza 4, it just stops you dead in your tracks. The only solution I have found is to drive the entire are I plan on hitting those Mach speeds at prior to going there at 200MPH. It will allow the map to at least partially load in.