Locked cars on disc

And to add insult to injury it’s now a rammaster prize so probably easier to get one in the auction house.

Because it’s a top tier prize its unlikely to be available to everyone any time soon unless the rewards don’t work and they gift it to everyone like the mosler.

1 Like

I actually think that if you’re going to do locked cars, then FE and PO variants are the way to do it. Yes, the devs made a mistake by not providing any other way to get the Capri FE unless you happened to be in an elite invite-only group, but if I really want to drive a Ford Capri, the regular car is still easily obtainable. Same goes for all the other FE cars.

However, this is not true for cars like the 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302, 2018 Porsche Cayenne, Audi TTRS, Austin Taxi, Crown Victoria, Hudson Hornet, 2019 Porsche 911 GT3, etc. There is no reliable way to obtain these cars if you’re unlucky on the wheelspins or missed the limited time in which they were offered. This is really what I’m trying to get at, there should be a guaranteed way for all players to get every car type (not necessarily including FE/PO variants) regardless of when they started playing the game and without having to gamble on wheelspins (or worse deal with the AH and all its problems). On top of that, many of these locked cars have very low autoshow values, so if a player gets lucky and gets a duplicate, unless they’re a legendary painter/tuner it’s pretty much a lost reward since they can’t list it high enough to reflect the actual value of the car on the market. This leads to many players hoarding these already rare vehicles since they’re not going to get its fair value if they do decide to sell it.

I don’t have a problem with cars that are unlocked via barn finds or from event progression since there are guaranteed methods of unlocking them for all players regardless of when they start playing.

I can see PO cars being one-offs since they really just for showing off and aren’t really any different than the regular cars they’re based on, but all FE cars should have a chance of rarely showing up in wheelspins, with additional availability from seasonal events and the Forzathon shop. This would provide a limited but steady supply and still make the cars feel special without making them completely unobtainable (plus the FE variants have higher values for when selling on the AH).

1 Like

You get the mustang doing the drift club story and the Hudson Hornet is the seasonal event reward right now. If you miss the Hornet you can “time travel” to acquire it. By time travel I mean disconnecting your xbox from the internet and then pulling the plug on it for a hard power off. After you do that you can change the date to the appropriate week and viola you’ve went back in time and the event is available again (does not work for forzathon cars or cars in the trials event ie. Mosler).

You’re correct, I haven’t bothered with the drift events and didn’t realize the Boss 302 Mustang was actually a progression reward. However, there’s still a lot more cars than I’ve listed that were locked from day 1 and aren’t even for sale on the AH at the moment for any price.

My point with the Hudson Hornet still stands though. As of tomorrow, it will be very difficult to obtain for players who missed it this week. That’s an interesting hack with the system date, but that’s effectively exploiting a bug that could be patched out at any time by making the seasonal events only available when the system is online and isn’t a reliable way to ensure future availability of these cars.

To add to my earlier points, the cars that were locked from day 1 often seem to be locked without any rhyme or reason. It seems like the devs took a list of popular cars in the game and randomly picked a significant number of them to lock away from the majority of the playerbase despite almost all of them being relatively common vehicles IRL. To make things worse, all the new content additions (except for DLC cars) are locked by default, no non-DLC cars are ever added to the autoshow.

Like another poster above said, this wheelspin/time limited event vehicle locking adds nothing of value to the game.

We complained for a year over on the FM7 forum and they finally did away with the terrible locked cars thing… Then PG launches their game and does basically the same thing.

It seems to be less of a big deal in FH4 though… I’m guessing because there are more casual players who don’t come here and post, and it’s less competitive so people aren’t as likely to be irritated when they get beat by a car they can’t drive because it’s locked away.

Just like in FM7, this wheelspin-only car system adds nothing positive to the game. The only people that like it are people who want to brag about some car that they have, or the guys that can list stuff for 20mil in the auction house.