Let's work to keep Forza 4 ALIVE!

Hi guys,
I have no solid internet connection at my countryside house, where I have the xbox 360 with FM4,
and I was wondering how many people can usually be found on xbox live for FM4 nowadays?

Roll on! :slight_smile:

At least a dozen, on a good day;3]]

Does anyone here know if storefronts have shut down? I’m greatly confused as to why it is, with my Xbox LIVE Gold account, that I seem to be the only person getting a message saying that all of Forza Motorsport 4’s features have been “temporarily shut down.”

Storefronts still work, you might have experienced a temporary outage.

Good to know.

Let’s be honest… the reason most of us are still playing Forza 4 is simply because we do not have an Xbox One. Give me an Xbox One and I’d be playing Forza 6 right now instead. Otherwise, yeah, you’ll find me almost everyday over in the Unlimited RWD Drift lobby, or in the Wild Wild West Unlimited Drift lobby where smashing, crashing, bashing and dashing is the name of the game! LOL

~Garrett

Let’s be honest. The appeal of Horizon, GTA, and any other arcade type nonsense is the smashing, crashing (etc.) and the amazing achievements in the area of realistic simulation of vehicle dynamics, effects on handling of aftermaket parts and tuning, tracks both real and fictional- all this is lost on people who are mainly interested in wrecking.

The major drawback of console racing games occurs when a player who wants to race according to driving etiquette and sportsmanship has to put up with louts who ruin the experience with their bad manners. I’m glad to hear there are lobbies for louts. Hopefully you’ll stay out of the lobbies where actual races are held.

And FYI there are plenty of gamers who would rather play an antiquated game on an obsolete console, even though there are newer, supposedly better titles available. I even like Forza 3 better than Five or Six.

2 Likes

Don’t misunderstand me, I greatly dislike the smashers, bashers, crashers and dashers… I was being sarcastic about the Unlimited Drift Lobby. It can be a mad house in that lobby and I try to avoid it at all costs, but when there’s no lobbies available in the RWD Drift lobby, it’s off to the Wild, Wild West Unlimited Lobby! I’m so considerate that I move out of the way for faster drifters and if I bump someone I send an apology msg to them.

I’ve played Forza 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 as well as Horizon 1 and 2. And in my crusty old opinion is that Forza 4 is the Apex of the series, the Pinnacle of at least Xbox racing/drifting and maybe even compared to other race games/simulations on other consoles. I tried Gran Turismo on PS3… Was not impressed at all.

Speaking of antiquated games, I can relate to that. I still play games such as Commander Keen, Cosmo’s Cosmic Adventures, Jill of the Jungle and many more ancient DOS games. Dungeon Siege II, Diablo II and Age of Empires II on the Windows.

But seriously though… Most people still play Xbox 360 simply because they just do not have an Xbox One. Personally, I’d love to have an Xbox One and Forza 4 working as one of the Backwards Compatible games on Xbox One. But we all know that Forza 4 will not make it to the Xbox One. Those who chose to continue on with older consoles because they prefer it are a very rare breed.

~Garrett

1 Like

I have both consoles and still play Forza 4 regularly online because I think it’s still the best gameplay and sound. And the graphics aren’t that much worse imo, I know some people always act outraged when you say that, but why would I lie? I’m too old to be a ‘fanboy’ and I have both consoles and old/new versions of Forza anyway so my opinion is unbiased.

I still prefer FM4’s street car physics, and the brutality of many car’s exhaust notes that were present in FM4 but are missing in FM6. The racecars’ physics have significantly improved, however; they have some actual grip at lower speeds now. The livery editor was also much more responsive on FM4 than FM6.

I dunno… FM6 is an awesome game, but FM4 is still the definitive Forza.

2 Likes

I am. Have done a few of your events in the racers lounge recently.

I have both consoles and probably would play 4 on occasion BUT that would involve having to switch wheel setups off of my wheelstand. So I guess I am stuck with 5 and 6 unless the do BC for 4.

I’m in! Long live FM4!

If anyone reads this and is down for some tofu runs on fujimi kaido please send me a message @ obla!

I am hoping to have my old set up put back together by the weekend. For me, I had the most fun in Forza 4. So I will be trying to finish the game.