[INVESTIGATING] DS4 controller not working.

im having a very similar issue, but combining a g29 and xbox one wired controller. I have the ebrake and brake mapped to my triggers on the xbox one controller and have it mounted near my shifter. it seems that the 2 devices interrupt one another, switching between each other for full control. for instance, if my foot is on the gas pedal of g29, and I pull ebrake trigger on controller, the g29 stops taking all input, from gas, brake, steering, until there is a change of input to either the clutch, gas, or brake pedals. if I feather the throttle, It switches between them decently fast, but still unplayable.

Also having issues with a Gen2 DS4.
The “hide DS4” option in DS4windows does not work in windows 10 post creators update with the Gen2 DS4s (the ones with the lightbar atop the touch pad).

I was able to play the demo fine with my gen2 dualshock 4 and DS4Windows until I upgraded my GPU and installed the 399.24 nvidia drivers. Now I get the same issue everyone else is describing. I did not install geforce experience with the new drivers, and as far as I know I’ve never had the nvidia overlay installed/enabled

e: double post, sorry

I’m using a DS4 via Bluetooth with DS4Windows, and it works OK as long as I close the DS4Windows app (or don’t start it) before playing. The controller still connects and works fine - the lightbar stays off, if I open the Start menu then the D-pad moves the selection up and down, and it works in the game just fine. With DS4Windows running it’s like the game is seeing 2 pads and behaviour is erratic, especially vibration.

I have had this issue starting with Forza 7 and try as I might, I could not get the DS4 controller to work with a wired connection. What did work, is connecting the controller to my computer using bluetooth. I have not had any problems doing this but need to use a phone charger to keep the controller charged.

Using a DS4 and InputMapper (since DS4W hasn’t been patched in years) but still having this problem. No Nvidia driver either so can’t be that. Very frustrating. Tried a fresh install/HIDGuardian
This is probably Windows teams fault for ruining Exclusive Mode for inputs in Windows last year

DS4Windows is being patched constantly after it got forked when the original creator, Jays2Kings, abandoned it. Ryochan7 has been updating it ever since, the latest patch was like 5 days ago.

I am having the same problem and goes like this:

I am using DS4Windows as an inputmaper for my DS4 and it works on every game I have.
When I tried to play FH4 with my DS4 without the software it didn’t detect my DS4, so I tried to use DS4Windows but also without any luck, and what I have done is:

• Hide/Unhide (didn’t work)
  • Start DS4Windows while game on and while the game is off (didn’t work)

I hope this get fixed really soon because I never used xbox controller before and I prefer to drive with controller than a keyboard.

Try to quit Steam…
This worked for me

You need to go into Device Manager, open up the Human Interface Devices list, and look for a somewhat greyed out icon with an arrow facing down while your controller is plugged in in the list of devices.

Right click the device that shows the down arrow, and enable it. After that you can hide your DS4 controller in DS4Windows settings (even this needs to be turned off and on while in the game to work), and you should be good to go.

I had the issue too on FH4 Demo.

My setup was:
DS4 Windows (hide DS4/exclusive mode)
Wired DS4 Controller (gen2)

After connecting my Controller via Bluetooth exclusive mode worked.
Thus fixing my issue with FH4.

I have this problem also but with a xbone controller wired and bluetooth do the same

I can’t get my DS4 v2 to work no matter what I try. Luckily my DS4 v1 works perfectly without any need for DS4Windows or Input Mapper

i have a xeox wireless game pad the game wont detect it anything i can do to fix it?

I may have some solutions for you if you are using windows 10

Fault: DS4 has a yellow lightbar and does not work natively at all.
Problem: Driver error
Fix: Go into "Control Panne"l>“Hardware and Sound”>“Devices and Printers”. “Wireless Controller” has a driver error status, Then right click the “Wireless controller” and click “remove”. Unplug and Plug in your DS4 into the PC. Windows will now load the driver and the DS4 will work on the normal driver windows.
This is only a work-around, and reloads the relevant drivers on windows.

Fault: DS4 has input problems when using “DS4Windows” When I load Forza 4, the DS4 inputs are completely buggered. I can not use it to access/navigate the menus. When driving there is input lag and sometimes button presses are not even recognised.
Problem: DS4Windows is conflicting with the native windows driver in Forza 4, The Status bar light is Blue, and the controller works with all other games and is properly detected by windows.
Fix: In DS4Windows, go to the Settings tab, and look at the “Hide DS4 Controller” setting. Check, then uncheck the setting. Do This while Forza 4 is running.

did anyone tried INPUT MAPPER ?
I use it after did a try with DS4Windows (few days worrking then broken)

INPUT MAPPER can be set to be “not exclusive” and works in Bluetooth

you open the controller and pair it with bluetooth
then when the light is off
you open inputmapper then you connect the controller on bluetooth and wait.

I didn’t got any issue, works like a charm and the Trigger are working perfectly (braking and accelerating are smooth)

THANK YOU for this. I don’t know why I was insistent on using USB, but switching to bluetooth has resulted in my A button working, and the game seeing an Xbox controller instead of the wheel.

Works perfectly now. This + audio fix means I might finally be able to buy the game and have it WORK!

1 Like

You are welcome, let me know if you can play online (next step)

I’m using DS4Windows as well. First you need to disable In-game overlay from NVIDIA Experience, then ,Hide DS4 Controller’’ from DS4 Settings. Works for me.