Festival Playlist events and rewards Feb. 17th - 24th (Winter S4)

No, I mean this weeks Event Lab event. I have the monthly Rival Event already.

It is very confusing, would have been nice to include some instructions on what you actually have to do. Turned out I just needed to complete 3 laps, so not sure why it didn’t pop if you ran 15 laps. Was completely lost until I passed the finish line on the 2nd lap and it said Final Lap. Very confusing, and as all of these have been, is a complete waste of time!

I already hate treasure hunting in Uncharted, in which you play a treasure hunter. Whose idea was it to put this stuff in Forza Horizon, lol.

Managed to do it. Looks like FE cars don’t count.

I didn’t have any problems doing it in 2019 911 GT3 RS FE. 3 laps and done.

Anyone else having trouble starting the trial? Sign up,gets to waiting for team mates,then gets stuck on ‘finding the trial’. Wasted 30 mins + already waiting for something to happen.Hating this game a little bit more with each passing glitch

Started Trial,

after waiting for event, holding place in queue, and then waiting again for some time I was entered into Trial,

a team was found and we were placed together, everything was looking good.

6 member team…ok good…

all A800…okay cool…

everyone with proper tires… bonus…

3…2…1… race starts…

1st corner…we’re all good…

2nd corner…okay everyone unghosted…still good…

almost at third corner…I’m in 2nd place…

BOOOOOOOOM

Complete carnage as 3 team members slam into me from behind, sending me careening into opponent at just such an angle as to send 2 of them around corner 3 perfectly, while I then proceed to ricochet off the wall, get slapped with wall-collision penalty/slowed down, and slip into last place while my team zoom past me, crashing into each other as they do so.

I get back up to speed, now with nothing behind me…ok good…

corner 4…good. back on track…

uh oh whats this, 2 team mates must have missed a checkpoint…and

BOOOOOOOM… with precision-like accuracy…both slam into me, sending my front end into ground, and lifting my back end up just enough to send me into a barrel roll, and SLAMMM into the wall and again I’m assessed a wall collision penalty…

Back in last place…my team mate sends a message…

“Good job team…”

I quit at this point.

2 Likes

I hear you. Had someone in the Mulegé use me as their brake on a hard left corner. They end up driving away cleaning while I go careening into and off the wall and off course into last place. But it wasn’t the same bad driver that hit me on Montana Trail.

Are you sure it was the trial you did, as you don’t get ghosting in that at start?

All I have left to do for this week is the PG and the dailies, all other tasks are complete. Having to run the eliminator to get enough eliminations for that task is going to be a pain (rarely have luck with a car good enough to win), but will give it a shot. Hat to miss three perfect weeks in a row!

1 Like

It’s going to allow the three eliminations over more than one round of Eliminator. Find a good spawn point where you can probably get a car drop and then start challenging people in H2H races. It would be harder to do this weekend when people are busy avoiding H2H races so they can finish in the top 30.

I completed mine via the Eventlab ‘Trending Today’ tab with some Oriental dudes event with 2000-ish plays.
This eventlab involves driving through ten Bulls-eye targets in ten seconds. Easy enough.

Then to smash the treasure chest, drive into chest via a car-carrier truck. near the Stadium.
I unlocked this on first attempt. Therefore it’s easy-peasy-lemon-squeasy.

evewnt lab 3 tries… oh yeah broken like last event lab … main this is a really broken game.

The Peugeot for some reason qualifies for practically every event. I presume because it’s the only French car in the game that comes stock in A class.

Seems a bit hit or miss. The Trial was… not great. The road races, it actually did fairly well. And the Cross Country races; I don’t even want to talk about them. Ironic for a Rally car, that it’s actually better on asphalt.

It was like that with the Lambo for Italy in the Summer races.

I found a pretty good tune by Bdrift (107 175 704) for the Peugeot that worked well for the Trial. 3rd finish in the 1st and 9th in the second (would have been higher but I got stuck behind an incompetent teammate who was virtually impossible to pass until he finally crash really bad and went flying way off course). It was much better than the tune I used for the Cossie.

That’s the thing about the Trial, I’m finding. Or realizing after all these years. I don’t mind bullying the AI, but when playing online, I actually try not to hit human players. But they don’t make it easy. There’s some DJS wanabes out there drifting all over the track, and driving erratic, while I’m trying to drive the racing line like a normal person. I could overtake them, if I stormed on through, and maybe have a chance at passing an AI and putting points on the board. But I don’t want to be “that guy”. Meanwhile, “that guy” is blocking the track and holding me back.

Back to winning ways in the trial. Won race 1 in the Nomad and then 3rd in race 2. It was so strong in race 1 I could slow the AI to let a team mate through then we were leading in points so held position in the next one and cruised home for an easy team win. I only had to wait a few seconds to start and had no issues. Xbox Series X.

The only thing you have to do in the eliminator is stay out the way of people until the count gets to less than 30 left, cant be that hard surely. maybe I’ll give it a go. lol

That’s what I always do, I circle the edge of the zone, I ended up 2nd yesterday without even trying.

1 Like

Not bothered about winning it just need to get to last 30 in game and then get challenged and then quit lol