Don't like it

That are filled with knock off fortnite emotes and Walmart clearance isle level clothing? Nope.

1 Like

…and Forza Edition cars, wheelspin exclusive cars, regular cars, and money prizes from 2k-600k (if not higher)…

1 Like

If you take a look in this thread:
https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst130156p2_Car-Mastery-and-Perks.aspx

The last couple of posts cover some special cars that have perks that give either wheelspins, or a lot of money - 200k / 300k.

I know the chances of getting those cars are pretty slim (though some of them are barn finds so you are bound to have them - like the MGB GT, or Triumph Spitfire).

So just by getting some skill points, and then putting points in those cars, you can make some pretty easy money. Then you can use that to either buy cars or properties, or generally help you get farther in the game.

Hope this helps

Last thing I’ll add - The op’s wheelspin issue is absolutely a problem. 80% chance for clothing, emotes or horns, and if you land a duplicate its just thrown down the well.

4 Likes

Car flipping from the Auction house can make good money. If you look at some videos etc explaining this but a more expensive example is buying a Lambo centenario can sometimes be bought with a buyout price of 1.2 million and then be resold with a buyout price of 2 mill, and people will pay the 2mill buyout. That is a quick 800k you can make. A player market like that allows you to make money in other ways like car flipping, which is a smart way of making money in other ways other than racing. 800k might not seem like much but if you can pull that off for 10 cars…that is 8 mill you can make in potentially an hour. Sure this might not always work but at the best it would be a 200k lost which is easily compensated for in 1 car being sold.

If it was easy enough for you to master, there’s a far larger crowd who would say there’s no challenge to it what so ever.

I have yet to beat a timed event on highly skilled to get the greatest reward, but I don’t go around feeling like the game makers has slighted me, I try to get better.

There’s really no need for anyone to understand where you are coming from here, quite the opposite, you need to understand a challenge, and getting better at something if you want to be up to the challenge. Quit expecting life to hand you everything.

4 Likes

First and foremost don’t let this game make you depressed. The more you practice driving then the better you will get, especially if you run the routes multiple times.

It Sounds like you need to start from the bottom in slower cars and work your way up taking off assists as you go. Trying to drive a hyper, super, or high end car right out the gate is harder than driving something slower because of reaction time.

I suggest using a good D or C class car to figure everything out, most of these cars are cheap too. Use the blueprint editor so that you can continue to use the same car for every race if you wish so you can get better with that car. If you haven’t set up your controller right so that your input is how you want it. (I found the default inputs sluggish in this game.) Raceboy77 has some really good videos on YouTube for controller settings.

Unfortunately right now the challenges are out of your wheelhouse, but with practice you should be able to work your way up to faster cars and stiffer competition.

As for money, Forzathon is a huge deal. Like was stated above flipping cars is a fantastic way to earn money fast. Make sure you play Forzathon live every chance you get and try to complete the daily/weekly challenges. (VIP gives you a house that doubles Forzathon points) Use the Forzathon points to buy the exclusive car of the week and sell it in the auction house for a free flip. These cars will give you maximum return especially once the week for achieving them is over.

Example: the Ferrari 812 will go for over 1 mil credits buyout when Autumn finishes.

1 Like

Do you have to be currently “residing” in the house to obtain the double FP benefits or can you simply own it?

Just own it, as with any other perk house.

1 Like

At a glance it does seem a little poor that the minimum difficulty for Seasonal rewards is Average, but you’re talking a 5,000Cr reward there. You’ll earn many times that just for participating in the first place.

1 Like

There are things I don’t like about this game, however they can be easily fixed. However for casuals NFS is a thing.

I’ve worked in the game industry on console games. Microsoft actually strongly encourages that all achievements should be possible for most players. Leaderboards (without cheaters) should be used for the more advanced to track ability. Now, I’ve managed to get 3 stars on everything in Horizon titles, however, I’m frustrated by the lack of consistency in the difficulty.

For example, the jump run up through the concrete pipes is just stupid. I lined it up perfectly, then without touching the steering used rewind to take multiple passes through the pipe. Every time the car bounced differently. That means it takes luck as much as skill to get the 3 stars. All 3 star efforts should be consistent and skill based.

The lumber mill jump in FH3 was even worse. The fact that I can do some 3 star stunts in one try, then others take LOTs of tries just doesn’t seem right.

I agree with the original post. The game should be fun for most, then provide a way for the advanced to still enjoy it. Even economically it makes sense because the 1% players don’t pay any more than the other 99% so they deserve the same value.

OP: “I can’t drive, I’ll blame it on the game.”

5 Likes

Here are some suggestions…

Stories and Businesses…
They can be done, BUT… most of them are harder during the Autumn and Winter Seasons, with Summer being the best time to do them… IMO. and just a hint… sometimes you can cut corners or take what the instructions are as guidelines but not rules.

Seasonal Events/Races

1. Use a car/tune a car til its 500,600,700,800,900, that will give you the best car for that class… don’t go over or you will be in the next class range… so if you had a car with a 702 ratting you would be racing against other cars 701-800 and you would be at a disadvantage, if everyone else’s car is 800.
  2. DO NOT use auto-braking or auto steering… For me they make controlling the car horrible.
  3. Find an All Wheel Drive (AWD) car, and use them til you get comfortable.

Money/CR.
For me that was never an issue, probably because I purchased VIP Pass, which means I got lots of free stuff and double CR every time I race.

Danger Signs/Drift Zones/Speed Zones/Bonus Boars
They all can be done, I have all the stars on the danger signs… Some are way easier if you use the right type of car, off road cars or cars with very good acceleration. Also, some you won’t be able to get to til you go through some of the story/danger signs. An example I can recall is the bonus board on top of the church, is near impossible to get til you do enough danger signs to spawn a new danger sign that allows you to get it way easier.

2 Likes

Another way to make extra money is to watch the Mixer Forza streams (linked to your xbox account) to get influence points. Many streams are there to farm influence, and if you don’t mind leaving your computer running for a very long time, you can get up to 144,000 points per day. This counts towards your level progression which means more wheelspins and mixer level rewards, which means greater chances of getting money and cars (and yes, emotes, horns, and clothing…oh well).

Also, I don’t get why so many people complain about hardly getting cash or cars in wheelspins. I have been keeping track of mine and it averages out to cars at least 30% of the time, cash another 30%, and the rest for the other items. I have 347 cars in the garage, about 50 of those have been bought with credits, the rest were won on wheelspins. I also have over 8 mil in cash, again, a large portion of which was won in wheelspins.

Like others have suggested, just pick a car that you like, upgrade to C class to start (deffo add AWD conversion) and just do races until you feel comfortable. If that works, then upgrade to B and do it again.

1 Like

No offence intended to OP or anyone who struggles with them, but drift club is fairly easy.

I am a TERRIBLE drifter and struggle to get 2 stars on a lot of drift zones, let alone 3, but those Drift Club chapter cars as so perfectly tuned for the purpose I have gotten the 3 star target on every first attempt and then casually driven any distance left to make the time. The key is to turn the Traction Control and Stability Management off, even if you usually use them. You’ll never hit the targets with them on

Maybe I need to show you all just how bad I am by streaming or uploading gameplay video?

Never done that before so not sure how but won’t take me long to figure that part out. I know “Mixer” serves that purpose but I don’t have it setup.
Or recording and uploading to “YouTube”.

I’m busy the next few days so not sure when I’ll get the time to sit and study the options and pick one let alone playtime to make the video.

It’s Winter time in-game so might also wait until Spring at least maybe even summer, 2 weeks away in real time.

Streaming is a good way to learn tips as someone will always offer advice of how to improve.

An alternative solution is to make a “looking for group” post on the game hub asking for demonstrations/help and see if anyone will help you.

I’m not a great drifter either but I’ve completed the Drift Club story and have 3 stars on all PR stunts without using a drift car, perservere and you’ll get there :slight_smile:

Am I the only one that thinks this game is easy like every other FH? Still gapping “unbeatable” AI by seconds in every discipline. Obviously without assists.

Don’t blame your lack of skill on the game, lol.

However, I do have a solution for you; don’t play.

I also share some of the complaints mentioned about the game. I personally don’t have an issue with the difficulty. When that difficulty is scaled up though, the rewards still don’t feel like they are enough to feel like you putting a dent in the grind associated with playing. The lack of financial progression in the game caused a lot of players to exploit Goliath to try and get ahead. How people choose to play and whether or not they decide to essentially exploit the game to get what they want, is up to them. I do think players would be less likely to want to exploit these things though if the game had a more fair reward system. I have purchased and sold about 10 Porsche 911 3.3’s just to get the 300,000 credit perk, which is double the price of the car in the Auto Show. Even doing this, which I feel like I shouldn’t have to. I am about ready to give up on running races that seem to be duplicates placed in different challenges to try and earn enough credits to buy the cars and castles. Cars, like the Interceptor, being only obtainable in wheel spins purely sucks! I would rather see a clothing accessory shop to buy cloths and things for credits than see them and any other item on these annoying lottery systems.

2 Likes