Don't like it

A little over a week now the game has been out and I’ve all but lost interest in it.
It’s not been made with people like me in mind. people with little no no skills at games but like to play them.
Where do i start?

• The wheel Spins.
    What a joke they are! mainly dishing out clothes, Emotes and novelty car horns. Ina game with around 35million credits worth of property to purchase we “Need” money.
    Stick the clothes in stuff in a separate shop where players that are inclined to play around with such things can use in game credits to purchase them.

• The stories and Businesses.
    How the heck am I supposed to get three stars on those??? I can’t for the life of me get three stars any any of those. Too darned hard.

• Seasonal Events.
    I can only play on “New Driver” or “inexperienced” at best. Seasonal events give extra rewards for playing on “Average” or higher. That is so totally unfair. I’m missing out on extra race rewards because I can’t play at those levels.

• Forzathon / weekly challenge.
    Not only do we need money for property but these weekly challenge things are asking for specific cars. Right now that’s a “1992 Honda NSX-R”.
    Coming up in a couple of weeks is “1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6”. So again money is “needed” to purchase and upgrade these motors.
    So why the hang is money so hard to get?

• danger signs and drift zones and the like.
    some of the star star goals are a bit high are they not? Why can’t the goals be based on game difficulty settings?

• Bonus boards
    some of them require finding obscure/hard to spot jumps in order to reach them. suffice to say I haven’t been able to get them all.

If i was to rate them game then 50% at the best. Only because it’s so nice to finally have a game set in my home country (the UK). I have waited so long for that and it’s finally here and in brilliant detail too.

Quick edit. I can’t even win a seasonal event on “New Driver”. obviously something made for those with more skill than I.

Time to just get rid of the games console i think? modern games just are “not” built with people like me in mind.

1 Like

Actually, this game was made for people like you that aren’t as skilled at racing games. You can finish last and they’ll still give you a gold (participation) trophy. It doesn’t get much more “noob” friendly than that. Only way they could make it any easier is if the game drove for you.

13 Likes

Agree 100%. Even competitive ranked multiplayer is treated like this. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] Playground? As a day one buyer of all 4 Horizons, I can say this game hurts emotionally. Whoever was in charge of the ranked setup should try something other than playground gamemodes.

2 Likes

The OP is not talking about the basic single player races though.

2 Likes

The emotes were built for the 12 year olds and the fortnite hype

And you are unable to loose because of ‘participation trophy’ mentality of these snowflakes.

2 Likes

How does co-op work? Do both people have to set the score? or does it add up?

edit: Forget that question. I agree Holden, if this game held your hand anymore they should be naming it “Disney’s Forza Cars”.

To OP - Challenges are challenging by nature (duh?!) They aren’t there for easy achievements.

To get the most Credit and Influence rewards at the end of something (race, drift zone, business, or what ever) you really, really need to finish first and/or get 3 star by hitting a high target.
Targets that I’m finding really hard to reach on “New Driver” difficulty let alone “Average” or higher as “Seasonal Events” would prefer.

Add on the Junk and drivel of the wheel spins. How the hang am I supposed to be able to buy properties and cars and be able to afford to upgrade cars when money is so hard to get.

Win money on the wheel spins. stick the Clothes, Emotes and Novelty horns on a separate shop where those that like to play around with that sort of thing can spend money it all.

Have the targets based on game difficulty. for Example:
and just for example as I can’t be bothered looking up specifics.
The business - instead of doing it in under 1min50s for a 3 star make it 1m30s for “New Racer”. I get the 3 star reward + the credits + the Influence for winning 3 stars not 1.
Likewise for the “Stories”.

Drift zones instead of say 150,000 point for a 3 star make it 120,000 for a New Race and have the 150k for an Average driver.

I’ve just tried a couple of seasonal events that require a “Rally Monster” couldn’t do it. couldn’t finish higher than 3rd. Seasonal events ask for playing on “Average” or higher for extra rewards.

Kinda wishing I hadn’t posted now as only one responder seems to understand what I’m trying to say and the rest either don’t / can’t / won’t understand.

Don’t worry, I am sure people understand. It sounds like a really nasty situation to be in. I perfectly understand that you feel trapped and don’t know how to progress, since you need cars, you need money to buy cars, and you can’t seem to get any money. My suggestion would be to pick a car you have and are comfortable driving, maybe even the one you started with. Upgrade it a little, so it reaches maybe High-A, Low-S1 spec, that will get you through most races comfortably. Then you can try and do the road races, I think they are the least demanding out of all of them, and don’t require a car that needs to be a rally car, or whatever. You should be able to slowly win and progress through those races.

Since the wheelspins are based on luck but there is also a system in place that prevents complete lack of luck, you are bound to hit some money or cars in those eventually. It can be very annoying to get clothing items, trust me, I know, the wheelpsins is one of the things I hate most in FH4.

It can be very demoralizing and daunting to be in the situation you are in, but my advice for you would be to try and take it slow, and try to find enjoyment in what you are doing, even if it’s just driving around wrecking things, getting skill points. Using skill points grants influence, so eventually you’ll level up just by getting/using skill points, which will bring more wheelspins, etc.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Sorry for being rude, just really frustrated by the decisions in this game.

Practice makes perfect, give yourself some time and it will become easier. Driving assists can really hold you back.

2 Likes

I persevered and got the last two Danger Signs to 3 stars this morning. “Hitting” the Concrete Pipe at Mudkickers correctly was a total pain. My Danger Sign level is at 11. I have no idea if that is the maximum or how to increase it.

I definitely agree on the Business Story side. I got 1 star on the first, 3 stars on the second and could not complete the third. These stories should be linked to difficulty level (I have trouble with the LARacer ones as well).

In FM7 you could reduce the aggressiveness of the other drivers (in theory anyway). I have lost count of the number of time of I have been side swiped by other cars. Not helpful for a Clean Race.

I play on the easiest level of AI Driver and yet whenever I do a race three or four cars drive off into the distance. I do eventually catch them, but it can be frustrating as far as my stress levels are concerned!!

Having said that, I am still enjoying the game. My current target is to get the Cross Country races to level 10. Roll on Winter, later today so I can get my 14th Barn Find!

1 Like

14th Barn Find. Can I ask how you have that many? I’m only on 12 despite playing the game near on daily but Quickly get bored with it so only last about an hour before switching off.

I’ve done the Road Race Series + The Dirt Race Series + the Street Scene. Still got the Cross Country Series to do. Done the Business missions + Stunt Driver + LARRacer mission. Drift Club is impossible for me. If I get the requisite number of drift points I run out of time to make it to the end, if I make to the end in time i’m short on drift points.

Drifting in itself takes practice. Just keep cracking at it, eventually it will come to you.

14th Barn Find. Can I ask how you have that many? I’m only on 12 despite playing the game near on daily but Quickly get bored with it so only last about an hour before switching off.

I’ve done the Road Race Series + The Dirt Race Series + the Street Scene. Still got the Cross Country Series to do. Done the Business missions + Stunt Driver + LARRacer mission. Drift Club is impossible for me. If I get the requisite number of drift points I run out of time to make it to the end, if I make to the end in time i’m short on drift points.

I believe you get barn find rumours with some of the houses that you purchase.

You need to purchase the castle that costs 10 million CR to get the barnfind rumor. Then there are three barnfinds locked to a specific season, the rest comes… Whenever they come.

1 Like

10 mil for a barn find? For a worthless car no one uses. Nope.

2 Likes

Hey! That car is a classic and great fun to drive. Worth every credit in my opinion. I’ve had a blast the last few days tinkering with it. I can see myself doing many races and free-roaming in that car. It’s beautiful.

1 Like

I’ll probably get some use out of the old thing. And the 10 Super Wheelspins might turn out something worthwhile. And it should get me the castle achievement. Better than wasting 10 million on any number of super/hypercars.

3 Likes

I know. Insane right. Another (not) so bright idea from the team. But if i ever make it to having 10mil in the bank I’ll do it anyway. Not going to bother with buying Edinburgh castle or any other properties as it’s (1) it’s going to take way, way, too long to get the funds (2) They are just not worth it.

After that I’ll be done with the game.

One thing I do like is that drivertars ghost out on approach to avoid collision during free roam. Really do like that.

Well, you also get 10 super wheelspins.

1 Like