Can't open game on PC

Windows Version: 1803 (OS Build 17134.320)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.2GHz
RAM: 16GB
Display Drivers: 25.21.14.1616

Game worked before the Oct patch. Since the patch I haven’t been able to get past the splash screen. It opens for 1 or 2s and then crashes with no errors in event log or anything. The suggestions here: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007593074-My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC don’t help.

Can’t get support through the support area as it’s seemingly unattended. Just posting here to fill the forums with more crash posts as maybe someone will do something if it’s spammed enough.

Do you have Afterburner or RTSS open?

Microsoft screwed up the October patch. You’re best of re-installing version 1803 following the steps in this webpage. Microsoft pulled the 1809 update from Windows updates already to check for flaws in the patch.

They’re not using 1809.

“Game worked before the Oct patch. Since the patch I haven’t been able to get past the splash screen.” That seems like the October update to me. Could be that the update didn’t install, like in my case (it just sits in windows updates, waiting for a reboot for about 10-20 reboots now)… Could OP post an updated winver to us?

Your version says 1803, which isn’t October patch. I had an identical problem yesterday, out of the blue, ended up restoring Windows from backup. I never installed the October patch, so it might have something to do with a different windows update.