Wheres the content?

I just want to want to start this off by saying I’m a big fan of the franchise and have played since Forza 2. Dabbled into the Horizon games I think the first 3 titles but it’s not really my thing. I appreciate this franchise and what’s it’s done for the genre. I don’t want to make this a bashing post on the hard working developers of this game. But I just want some clarity and want the other gamers opinions to see if I’m not the only one feeling this way and what others opinions are.

I know there’s clearly a mix of what each player is diving into day to day in the game. Wether it’s the single player builders cup, rivals, custom races, etc. Or mainly scratching the itch with multiplayer.

Me personally have mainly been a single player experience guy, do play the odd online race but it’s hard for me with a new born around and a very interrupted schedule when I do get to sit down and play.

My main concern right now is the absolute drought of content for the single player experience. The builders cup is very small for content and I have replayed multiple events multiple times with other cars to level up and have fun with. There doesn’t seem to be any communication about adding onto this as part of the core game at least from what articles and monthly update videos they do. This is definitely the smallest of any Forza game I have played for racing series in the single player section and definitely the variety of events setup for the library of cars in the game.

Yes there’s the rivals mode which I find very boring myself and yes custom races. I do run quite a few custom races but I find the advanced settings are really advanced for some things but not enough for others and you can literally spend 10 minutes setting up a race. Yes you can save templates I have done that a bunch.

My main issue with custom races is why can’t I practice and then set my grid position like Builders cup as the grid sorting system in custom is random or PI sorted. Unless im missing something in the mess of the menu. Anyways this post isn’t to dive into a bunch of specific issues so moving forward.

How is there no dedicated events for endurance, race cars, classic lemans, classic F1, etc. I know the concept of the builders cup wouldn’t completely make sense for race cars and dedicated track cars but why can’t it be called the manufacturers cup section (insert other name) of the single player. It’s just seems crazy to me that there’s no events in the game to feature race cars at all when almost a third of the cars in the game are dedicated track cars or race cars.

I just don’t understand what the goal of the game is from T10 to us consumers. The base game is small and there doesn’t seem to be a plan to expand on this. So just wanting to see what others think about this and get some other opinions and perspective. I still think of I would to go back and pick any Forza that worked great and had amazing content and well just felt right I’d chose Forza 4. Sure there will be many other opinions on that but I want to keep enjoy.

The online experience is great and it isn’t but anyone who has played online racing should be aware of the chances of a great or horrible experience so I’m not trying to take away from that side of the game for the mainly online player experience just want to see if the single player experience will be expanded like done for the featured events but those have been pretty lack luster and I don’t consider it true content being added if it’s time gated each week and it then disappears for the next feature.

Anyways I’d love to hear your opinion on this.

Have a great day on the track

16 Likes

The game becomes dull after every update. And seriously all the contents just lack fun, excitement. Nothing feels fresh, new or engaging.

16 Likes

Hard to disagree with you. Just feel like maybe I’m getting old and a true good content vast single player racing game isn’t what developers see in the market. Seriously if someone could go to Forza 4 or GT2 or GT3 and spruce it up and add online racing to it I think a lot of people would like it not just me. The more I play the newest Forza the more I’m like well what has actually improved over the past games and I’m having a really hard time picking something that is a vast improvement over the past games. But I still play the game just put it aside when I’m bored to play something else as there’s not enough content.

9 Likes

T10 really needs to listen to the community and not just give us lip service on an occasional update. The #7 update will tell a lot more than any other update as to whether we’ve been listened to or not.

Granted, getting that #1 track in the game would be a push, but either Fujimi or Bathurst should be easy since they are both in the system already. And let’s see if they pick up on one of the top five suggestions from the shub.

11 Likes

There’s a clear difference in what’s expected from long term users of the franchise & those new to it. Anyone like us who’s been here from the start is going to be disappointed with the latest games, they’ve lost that sandbox experience we enjoyed as a single player game. I love racing online, what it was all about from day 1 for me, buy a car, build it up, tune it, test it, paint it, then race it in multiplayer…repeat.
What was different then was you could spend hours in single player doing the former without having to go online, there was so much to do elsewhere, sometimes I would just watch the tuning section of the forums waiting for Limited Edition releases on the Auction House from the popular tuning garages.
A big bidding war would then ensue & the winner would be congratulated on the forums by all who lost out.
So different now, the game, like this place, is a shell of what it used to be like. I wish it could be like that again but I don’t think it ever will be, it’s lost it’s soul & the people in charge don’t seem to want that atmosphere back either which I find strange.
They promised a return to it’s original roots but like the Battlefield schpeil before 2042’s release hinting at the same thing, it’s not even close to how it was.

13 Likes

The game design in almost every way leaves a lot to be desired. Career mode is probably the worst its ever been, the only thing i like about it is you can upgrade your car through a championship ie start in C class and end up in S.

They said before release that career was made to be added to over time yada yada. What they seem to have meant is they will add a reward car for class based championships once per month. Then they do the whole “featured” championship which takes an entire month to complete. Obvious fomo tactics and obviously extremely thin content to play.

Rivals is rivals, nothing has changed besides leaderboards being restricted to only that game mode which i dont mind due to the dynamic nature of tracks. I would have liked to have seen a local leaderboard added though so you could directly compare times to others youve done instead of just seeing the fastest lap youve ever done.

Multiplayer i think has both improved as well as gotten worse. I think spec races are good tohave but i would like to see cycled production added again with no tuning so its just about the drivers skill. I think having tire wear and fuel usage is a plus but the way its implemented it might as well not exist. The usage rate should be more dynamic using different multipliers or it should be like f1 where youre required at least one pit stop and need to use 2 separate compounds.

I think the trend since fm5 has been to just be good enough. They may add things over time but when they do its usually extremely late and more than likely half baked. To say they had a real opportunity to make something great is an understatement. To expect them after releasing a product like this with a development time of upwards of 6 years, to some how be able to improve pretty much everything in a timely matter is wishful thinking.

There is no strong point in this game. Theres nothing in particular to focus on and refine as the entire game requires it. Whatever updates they have made is for the most part what their plan was to begin with. Fomo career content, featured multiplayer and rivals with cars of their choosing and some reskinned tracks.

12 Likes

Has motorsport added a single new road car that isn’t in Horizon already, and if it wasn’t for car pass almost all of the content added is cars that were in previous games.

6 Likes

What strikes me is an absence of modern US stock cars and modern Indycars to race on several full-on premier modern oval facilities this game features. That’s the big hole in this game content-wise. Even the Forsberg Camry that featured in FH5 at launch would do me anyway. It would be something.

The Alfa 155 isn’t here either. FH5 has it, this game has other Alfas. But it doesn’t feature the 155, a car that is arguably the face of 1990s touring cars.

Indycar is a harder puzzle to crack with big licensing issues…etc ok but surely there’s something in the last 30/40 years that could be salvaged that would still suit a modern oval?

If I was to point out a huge content hole in this game, that’s where I’d go.

I also hope that in addition to Bathurst, there are other Australian venues in the pipeline to suit the Australian orientated car line-up. Australian cars, need Australian venues.

4 Likes

Going by the thumbnail for the upcoming YouTube presentation, it’s Brands Hatch.

2 Likes

Forza’s excuse it’s a live service we’re listening to your feedback!! that we are not going to Listen to or add to the game instead we are doing what we want for the game because your feedback is irrelevant to us Because we are Developers that really cares about the franchise!?! This how it feels to a lot of us I’m more pessimistic But I’m very open minded anything can happen & anything can change don’t take my feedback thing seriously its just tongue & cheek

It’s simple they made the game a FOMO game and FOMO is bad. You can’t do FOMO if you barely have any content, but they still do it for some reason.

2 Likes

I guess this could be content, if Turn 10 decides to do something with it but, remember the part of the intro races where we were dropped into the final stint of an endurance race? Why haven’t Turn 10 done more of this, except longer and not having you down by a lap on A.I. going 1/2 the speed you are? I’m not going to suggest scenarios, but a lot can be done with game mode like this.

Then theres the point that it was an endurance race. I don’t think I need to go into having endurance events in the career.

Content doesn’t only need to be cars and paid DLC. Adding things for the players to do is an option.

Well with the new update releasing yet another track clearly removed from the launch of this game and no new track in update 8 how long will this game go on before they actually add something new. We havent had anything of value or substance added to this game that people have actually wanted or asked for yet.

11 Likes

Never. It shall remain a hollow and unfulfilling game for anyone wishing for a rewarding single player experience. As much as I dislike the FOMO it’s the only thing that makes me load the game up and try to convince myself that I didn’t waste money paying for the premium version.

10 Likes

Somehow this additional content is not making up for the lackluster Car Pass and the bad/inaccurate car sounds, for example.

Anyone else feel the same way?

6 Likes

Take it with a grain of salt, but according to Reddit they’re sitting on Paul Ricard. It looks like that’s the track on the cover (it could be Lemans, can’t tell).

Boy, this is sad to watch. The persevering pride in the face of humbling facts, the cowardice, the misinformation. It’s a real you know what show.

3 Likes

At the end of the day though, as long as the game lumps all Fords as being from the US there’s not that much point of really pushing Australian content from a themed perspective (isn’t as much issue with Euro stuff as there are a lot more options)

Rather new tracks.

Where is Snetterton and Donnington? We have the BTCC cars but only had Silverstone.

I agree on the stock cars.

Where is

Imola
Snetterton
Donnington
Zandaavort
Red Bull Ring.

Etc.

Not even getting new fantasy tracks.

I bought the Car Pass because all previous Forzas have had ones that were worth buying. I preferred the monthly packs with cars from different classes and the odd wacky surprise.

This one should have appealed to me because I was hoping for more emphasis on actual race cars in this new FM edition, but I don’t think I’ve used any, certainly not long enough to remember.

2 Likes

The T10 concept of what a ‘live service’ should be is a joke tbh, and a bad one at that.
Removing tracks and cars that in some cases have been in the francise for multiple games in order to drip feed them back to us under the title of ‘live service’ is down right disrespectful to players. A live service is supposed to add NEW content over time after the initial release, not content that we have already payed for and played multiple times before. It smells like ubisoft trying to release R6 extraction as a ‘new’ game for money when it’s just a repackage of what was simply event content from an older game. It’s lazy and leaves you feeling ripped off that they expect money for stuff like this.

The tracks should all be new to the series, as should the cars. Anything less is unacceptable imho. Of course, the old content that was removed should also never have been removed. We are not stupid, we see exactly what is going on and people clearly don’t like what is being done. This game was not fit for release and everyone knows it.

4 Likes