FM Update 6.0 overview - Car Progression and Combustion Tour

Update 6.0 Overview - Car Progression and Combustion Tour

Announcements

Dates

Starting on March 13, new events open, a new Spotlight car is added to the Buy Cars menu for a discount, and the next Car Pass car is delivered each Wednesday. The four-week events close on April 10th while the Featured Builders Cup Combustion Tour runs through April 24.

Content Date
Fixes & Features Monday, March 11, 2024 5:00 PM
Week 1 Thursday, March 14, 2024 12:00 AM
Week 2 Thursday, March 21, 2024 12:00 AM
Week 3 Thursday, March 28, 2024 12:00 AM
Week 4 Thursday, April 4, 2024 12:00 AM
Weekly Events close Thursday, April 11, 2024 12:00 AM
Combustion Tour close Thursday, April 25, 2024 12:00 AM

CONTENT OVERVIEW

FEATURES

Car Progression

With the changes coming to Car Progression in Forza Motorsport Update 6, you will have the freedom to equip the parts you want to install on your car regardless of Car Level.

• The first change is to remove the level restriction on performance parts, making them all available at Car Level 1. This allows players to install parts in any order they wish, regardless of Car Level. Whether it’s engine swaps, race tires, or body kits, you will have the freedom to build cars your way.
  • Secondly, players can use in-game Credits to acquire Car Points when exiting the upgrade screen at a ratio of 4,500 Credits for 500 Car Points. This change gives you a choice to immediately upgrade your car using Credits, or if you’re saving your Credits, you can earn Car Points for upgrades through car leveling as before.

New Music

• This update also introduces 8 new music tracks to the game, composed by Kaveh Cohen and Michael Nielsen, and Peter Holmstrom, and these will be played while you’re in the Homespace.

Additional Features and Changes

• Added multiple Lighting Options to the Livery Editor menus to help players see how their designs look in different conditions. Desired lighting selection will be saved upon return.
  • Improved Drivatar AI behaviors at the beginning of races to reduce mid-field collisions and breakaway drivers at race start through Turn 1. [1728001, 1663637]
  • Added notifications for relevant AI penalties.
  • Rewind is now available to use at race start and after one or more Drivatar AI crosses the finish line before the player. [1577801, 1269413]
  • Changed the Mini Leaderboard to show the Best Lap of racers when the Compare Best Lap scoring rule is selected. [1589836]
  • Removed “Uses” from shared Vinyl Groups information as only “Downloads” and “Likes” are counted for Vinyl Groups. [1588356]
  • Updated the Find Designs UI in the Livery Editor to display the Layer statistic. [1536113]
  • Removed the term “Max Layers” from the Photo Gallery info panel when viewing other players’ media. [1454338]
  • Added additional accessibility screen narration to the Livery Editor and Paint Shop menus. [1716455]
  • The ‘Livery Stats’ & ‘Painter’s Log’ info panels in My Vinyl Groups, My Designs & Find Designs menus in Design & Paint are now narrated. [1552349]
  • Livery Position Select in Livery Editor is now narrated. [1691876]
  • Create Vinyl Group scene is now narrated. [1448534]

TRACKS

• Following the addition of Daytona to our track list in Update 4, we’ve heard your feedback and have changed the pit lane exit to address track-rejoin collisions and more closely reflect the track as it is used in real life events. Cars exiting the pitlane of the Sports Car Circuit will now follow the full length of the pitlane and enter the track between turn 2 and turn 3. A barrier has been added on the inside of turn 1 to prevent corner cutting through the pitlane. [1689370]
  • Known Issue: Currently players are prevented from regaining control of their car at the intended location, causing them to re-enter the track under AI control when Pitting Assist is toggled off. The team is investigating a solution to this issue.
  • Update 6 does not include a track; our next track release is scheduled for Update 7, expected to be available in April.

CARS

Reward Cars

Reward cars are available only from completing events in the Builders Cup Career.

• 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster (Combustion Tour)
  • 2010 Ferrari 599XX (Open Tour)

Spotlight Cars

Spotlight cars are featured in the Showroom every Wednesday at 4pm Pacific Time, available for you to acquire with a 30% discount using in-game credits. These cars can be used in the new Ringer Tour, as well as Spotlight Series events in Featured Multiplayer and Rivals.

• 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C (Mar. 13-20)
  • 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (Mar. 20-27)
  • 1969 Dodge Charger R/T (Mar. 27 - Apr. 3)
  • 2014 Lamborghini HuracĂĄn LP 610-4 (Apr. 3-10)
  • 1993 McLaren F1 (VIP 15% discount)

Car Pass Cars (DLC)

Car Pass cars are delivered directly to your My Cars collection every Wednesday.

• 1983 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsports Silvia Super Silhouette (Mar. 13)
  • 2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE (Mar. 20)
  • 2020 Lexus #14 VASSER SULLIVAN RC F GT3 (Mar. 27)
  • 1986 Lotus #12 Team Lotus 98T (Apr. 3)

EVENTS

CAREER

Featured Tour - Combustion Tour

Engines come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and configurations. The Combustion Tour is where you will experience first-hand how the number of cylinders found in an engine is foundational to delivering its power. Discover small-sized engines with remarkable power output in 4 Cylinder Furies. Explore iconic 6-cylinder cars that epitomize enthusiast motoring in Super Sixes. Go back in time and immerse yourself in the golden era of Detroit muscle with V8 Heritage. Finally, master an elite class of engines that defy convention in V10 Titans. Spotlight cars featured in the Combustion Tour allow you to experience the true potential of these engines.

Series within the Combustion Tour do not have to be completed in a particular week – you have until April 24, 2024 to finish this latest Featured Tour. Complete the Combustion Tour to earn the 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster – an ultra-exclusive hypercar with exceptional performance from its 7.3-liter V12 delivering 678 horsepower.

• Combustion Tour (Mar. 13 - Apr. 24)
    • 4 Cylinder Furies - 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C (Starts Mar. 13)
    • Super Sixes - 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (Starts Mar. 20)
    • V8 Heritage - 1969 Dodge Charger R/T (Starts Mar. 27)
    • V10 Titans - 2014 Lamborghini HuracĂĄn LP 610-4 (Starts Apr. 3)
    • Reward Showcase: Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster

Open Tour - Engine Cylinders

With each update to Forza Motorsport, the Open Class Tour gets refreshed with new events and a new reward car. Open Class Tour is where you can continue the journey of your favorite cars. Cars that you’ve already built in a different Builders Cup series can be further levelled up and upgraded in the Open Class Tour. In Update 6, cylinder count is king in this unique twist on the Open Class Tour with Drivatars racing cars ranging from modest to high-performance engines.

All 4 refreshed Open Class Tour series (C, B, A, S) will be available on March 13. Your reward for completing all four of these series before April 10, 2024 will be the 2010 Ferrari 599XX with its screaming V12 engine!

• Open Tour (Mar. 13 - Apr. 10)
    • C Class Series
    • B Class Series
    • A Class Series
    • S Class Series
    • Reward Showcase: 2010 Ferrari 599XX

MULTIPLAYER

In Featured Multiplayer, new variations in the Open Series combine class restrictions with engine cylinder counts. Engine swaps change the number of cylinders your car has under the hood, so experiment with different builds and tuning setups to find the perfect balance on the track.

Week 1 challenges you to build A class cars with 4-cylinder engines, followed by S class cars with 6-cylinder engines in Week 2. Then in Week 3 tune your favorite A class cars with 8 cylinders before maximizing power and performance with S class cars and 12-cylinder engines in Week 4!

Over in the Spec Series, get ready for the BMW M3 Spec Series, Forza P2 Series, Vintage Le Mans Prototype Series, and Early LMP Series.

Spec Series Open Series Spotlight Series Dates (4pm PT)
BMW M3 Spec Series 4 Cylinder Series (A Class), D Class Series 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C Mar. 13-20
Forza P2 Series 6 Cylinder Series (S Class), B Class Series 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Mar. 20-27
Vintage Le Mans Prototype Series 8 Cylinder Series (A Class), C Class Series 1969 Dodge Charger R/T Mar. 27 - Apr. 3
Early LMP Series 12 Cylinder Series (S Class), E Class Series 2014 Lamborghini HuracĂĄn LP 610-4 Apr. 3 - Apr. 10

BMW M3 Spec Series – March 13-20
The first generation of the legendary M3, the E30 model, continued BMW’S long tradition of racing success with outstanding power and near perfect balance.

Forza P2 Series – March 20-27
Sharing many advanced, tech-savvy features with their P1 siblings, P2 Prototypes accommodate design limitations to lower production costs but keep driving excitement maximized.

Vintage Le Mans Prototype Series – March 27 – April 3
Reignite Le Mans’ greatest rivalries racing the most recognizable, most dominant cars of the 1960s and early 70s.

Early LMP Series - April 3-10
Starting in 1992, LMP prototype class racing returned some open cockpit, single seaters to the top tier of endurance racing.

RIVALS

Rivals Event Car Track Dates (4pm PT)
Spec Division – Forza GT Forza GT cars Silverstone GP Circuit Mar. 13 - Apr. 10
*VIP – Daytona Drizzle 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe Forza Edition Daytona – Sports Car Circuit Mar. 13 - Apr. 10
Spotlight – Alfa Romeo 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C Yas Marina – North Corkscrew Mar. 13 - Mar. 20
Spotlight – Nissan 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Suzuka – East Mar. 20 - Mar. 27
Spotlight – Dodge 1969 Dodge Charger R/T Eaglerock – Oval Mar. 27 - Apr. 3
Spotlight – Lamborghini 2014 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Catalunya – National Circuit Alt Apr. 3 - Apr. 10

Challenge your skills and precision in the new Featured Spec Rivals. Choose from any Forza GT division car and bring it to Silverstone GP circuit to join the Forza GT Rivals Leaderboard. This event uses the same vehicle ruleset as the Forza GT Spec Series in Featured Multiplayer with cars that have all been pre-tuned for optimal competition, however they can be further tuned to suit each individual driver.

Calling all VIP Members! Race the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe Forza Edition on the Daytona Sports Car Circuit in rainy weather conditions and post your fastest times on the Daytona Drizzle leaderboard.

GAME FIXES AND RELEASE NOTES

The content update begins rolling out at 10am PT on March 11, 2024. Once installed, the game version number is *.553.0255.0

See the full list of fixes in the Release Notes at Forza Support.

21 Likes

Loving the game now, took me a while to get used to CXP. CP etc.

7 Likes

Cannot wait to get this update. I hope theres more updates than only changes to the progression.

8 Likes

And I hope they fixe some graphics. Renault logo on steering wheel barely visible.

And the water splash starting ahead of the wheel and missing effect on the front wheels… I could go on… l. Vastly list :grinning: all issues been reported but we have update 5 and they still persist.

12 Likes

Its literally releasing this month and they haven’t even given us a list of fixes for this update yet.

Not to mention no new track…

3 Likes

I guess it’s too much to ask for them to get the cinque sound right.

That being said, a major one of the vices of this game is going away.

Unfortunately it’s too late, and so much more needs to change if they want to bring players in.

If they get the cinque sound right for once, I’ll let everything else slide :wink:.

1 Like

Well this is the BIG one as far as updates go. Its kind of the final chance to keep ahold of some player base. The removal of Car Progression should hopefully get people logging back on to give it a second chance.
So along with the progression system changes there needs to be a major update to overall stability and performance. Otherwise the progression changes will mean nothing if people still have issues just running the game.

I see this kind of like a soft second launch and maybe the last chance to retain players.
Lets hope this Overview includes some actual roadmap of future plans and they address some of the most requested features and issues.
Most likely we will just get a 3 min 720p clip with a minute about the new progression system and some a quick overview of the coming cars and events.

2 Likes

By advertise us a lot of time before that this update isn’t going to have a new tracks, + the change on carrpg, i hope they really worked hard on the game for try to improve and fix the max they can.

Because the change on carrpg is something who was easily can be done before the game was released, or at least on the first month, and this update look a lot like "look at what we are doing for you ? We removed the carrpg ! (or something who look like it)

I mean, i hope they doesn’t half backed things like for update 5 with nurb, and like others updates too

1 Like

As with Update 5.0, I’ll again be keeping tabs on any progress made regarding the rims not being able to be painted correctly.

Surprisingly enough there was actually some issues with the rims that were fixed between 4.0 and 5.0 (not mentioned in the changelog IIRC), so I’m cautiously optimistic about the possibility of some further fixes.

2 Likes

Please Please Please; somebody at T10 please tell us why this car progression update could not have been handled with a simple hotfix when it was first announced. It sure couldn’t take a powerful amount of programming to turn off (unlock) the parts progression.

And how could it possibly be such a big task as to preempt a track release? Are they really doing the track updates as they get them ready to release? If they’re doing tracks on demand then why don’t they do tracks according to the order of the vote of track popularity?

9 Likes

Image result for well were waiting gif

7 Likes

Uhh… There’s a Cinque in the game? All I see is the Huayra BC. When did they add this?

Sound is spot on in FH 5 btw

1 Like

It’s in the thumbnail in Max’s OP.

Edit: I just revisited the sound file via YouTube. They finally got the Cinque right after over a decade. Now we just need the sound team at PGG working at T10 as well. The current guys most likely aren’t car people.

1 Like

I agree this has taken too long, its not even that good of a fix. Im also going to assume the other 2 fixes to penalties and ai will release in separate updates both without a track. I wonder when theyll actually add something new and not just recycled track/cars and fixes to bad design choices. This has to be one of the worst attempts at a game as a service.

2 Likes

The 1200+ voters of the thread i created will be happy and me too. Finally we can have fun with the cars without spending 3 hours to level them up.

11 Likes

Tracks need licensing and that’ll be a potentially massive hold up.

What about original Forza tracks, like Fujimi Kaido, or Camino Viejo De Monserrat? I take it Microsoft needs to license them from Microsoft, right?

If getting real world tracks are that much of a headache, then put more effort in bringing fan favorite original tracks back to the game.

16 Likes

Could it be that the ones responsible for the CarPG system were on their forced vacation and T10 needed to buy some time for them to come back and get to work. At this point with the lack of transparency any theory could be possible.

2 Likes

I’d imagine work on the licensed tracks will come first as they have a bigger cost associated with them. No point in paying for something and not using it.

As for their own tracks, it’s disappointing that we haven’t seen more of them by now.

We don’t need content, we need fixes.

Or better still a complete game.

10 Likes