1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:12:50 PM(UTC)
Hi,

Have recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 on Pc from Windows 10 store, but cannot play game as it keeps saying sign in failed as profile is needed to sign in, but I am signed in to both Windows 10 store and the Xbox app. Have tried numerous methods to fix this from re-installing to signing in and out of my profiles, currently very frustrated two days and unable to play this game. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. ps the Forza hub works fine and no issues.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:05:32 AM(UTC)
Okay, try this:

1) Disconnect your PC from the internet.

2)Go to your Windows 10 Settings --> Storage --> Apps & games -->Forza Horizon 3 -->Advanced Options -->Select the "Reset" button.

3) Start the game, start playing for a few minutes to create a new local save 

4) Connect back to the internet.

This should get you sorted. 

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:54:34 PM(UTC)
Thanks. I have tried this and still the same error message. I can not proceed passed the sign in error message. I have tried the Microsoft Support about playing offline, but i can not start the game in order to achieve an offline copy!

https://support.xbox.com...games-offline-windows-10

See section on prepare your game or games.

I paid for this game 4 days ago and still unable to play this, which is unacceptable! This is incredibly stressful and frustrating that I am unable to get past the title screen.

I have images of the continuous error message about sign in and a new one about 'unable to get updates' following the advice above in your post - error code 0x8024402c. Let me know if you need to see these images.
Please can you get back to me as soon as possible.
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 1:44:06 PM(UTC)
I had previously replied but there was an error so unsure if message appeared!

I have tried what was suggested and this did not work! I received a new error code "Unable to update" error code 0x8024402c and then the the same sign in error appeared again.

I can not even create a local save in order to play offline (as advised by microsoft support- see section 'prepare game or games: https://support.xbox.com...games-offline-windows-10) as need to play online first in order to do this, but as I can not get past the title screen this does not work either!

I have tried upgrading the windows creator edition, re installing the store and Xbox app to no avail. The Forza 3 demo and hub recognise my profile and load successfully but the game will not start!
This is unacceptable that i have paid for this game 4 days ago and unable to play it!
I am hopeful that you have a fix for this.
#5 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 9:04:39 AM(UTC)
What version of the game are you playing and do we have permission to pull your user profile to see whats going on?

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#6 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 9:18:07 AM(UTC)
Forza horizon 3 on pc wont startup without crashing. I get a black screen for a short period of time and then it crashes to desktop without a massage. I tried reinstalling on different harddrivers, I got a new motherboard, new cpu and new ram. I removed all my anti virus programs and reinstalled all my drivers. The game stopped working after the leaked forza horizon 3 developer version where the update was a developer version instead of a consumer version. I will put the eventlog in this message:

Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59399d17
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000001bbfdc6c0
Faulting process id: 0x5b6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2ec4453d1a189
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.77.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_x64_release_final.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 84a058a1-fa71-44a9-890c-092cc7ef57a7
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.77.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: OpusReleaseFinal

forza_x64_release_final.exe
59399d17
unknown
c0000005
00000001bbfdc6c0
5b6c
01d2ec4453d1a189
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.77.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_x64_release_final.exe
unknown
84a058a1-fa71-44a9-890c-092cc7ef57a7
Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.77.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
OpusReleaseFinal

#7 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 1:51:45 AM(UTC)
Version 1.0.77.2 You have my full permission to look at my user profile.
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 9:07:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KlutzySun8 Go to Quoted Post
Version 1.0.77.2 You have my full permission to look at my user profile.

What do you mean? Do you know how I can fix this issue?

#9 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:52:43 PM(UTC)
No this at Nitro glitter, also you are in wrong thread, this is my thread and issue create your own post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:52:14 PM(UTC)
Nitro has there been any progress after looking into my profile?
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:31:46 AM(UTC)
No this at Nitro glitter, also you are in wrong thread, this is my thread and issue create your own post.

Well its good to know you can play nice with others the OP is having the same problems you are so why should another post be started just to satisfy you.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:10:45 AM(UTC)
Nitro has there been any progress after looking into my profile?

Not yet, We are still investigating the issue. I will update you when we have more information.

Thanks,

#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:22:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alan J T Go to Quoted Post

Well its good to know you can play nice with others the OP is having the same problems you are so why should another post be started just to satisfy you.

Think you need to check my OP and his issues, they are completely different.
#14 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 7:22:53 PM(UTC)
Just an update, tried Forza Horizon 3 demo as this used to sign in fine, but now it is the same problem as main game; Forza Apex demo works perfect and recognises my profile. Hope this can provide some help on my issue.
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:15:54 PM(UTC)
Hi Nitro, Has there been any update yet? I have been relatively patient about this issue which has prohibited me from playing this game, since I purchased it now going on a month, I am in disbelief that I have paid for a game and have not been able to play it, was so looking forward to playing this. Surely with the length of time that has passed you must have some idea what is causing this problem.
#16 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 8:43:53 AM(UTC)
Hi Klutzy,

Have you tried these steps again?

Okay, try this:

1) Disconnect your PC from the internet.

2)Go to your Windows 10 Settings --> Storage --> Apps & games -->Forza Horizon 3 -->Advanced Options -->Select the "Reset" button.

3) Start the game, start playing for a few minutes to create a new local save 

4) Connect back to the internet.

This should get you sorted. 

IF this does not work then you need to create a new profile to play with.

Notification

Icon
Error