28 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#201 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 8:48:05 AM(UTC)
If they're a mile+ back, they go ghost until they catch up. Simple. Why we're still having this discussion is sickening, as is Turn 10s lack of a response to it. Are they afraid they're going to cut into sales by alienating these people who spend 60 bucks just to wreck? Charge me 80 and fix it, it's worth it.
 2 users liked this post.
#202 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 12:02:29 PM(UTC)
Playing bumper cars is getting old rrrreeeaaallll quick and its why drivatars are so bad as well.

You attempt to turn, get cut off by driver behind you who rams you off the road.

Attempt to drive parallel to a driver on a corner, proceed to get rammed off the road because they can't use common sense to go a little bit slower.

Attempt to pass someone who messed up, proceed to get intentionally crashed into because they can't handle the fact that they made a mistake or they can't wait to get back on the road because they can't comprehend that there are other drivers still racing behind them.

Attempt to slow down at the start on the first corner because everyone needs to take the corner then start breaking off from each other, "pile up on isle 4!"

Slow down a little bit to not crash into the guy in front of you, expect to be rammed from behind.

I'm getting real sick and tired of people playing like they can just drive through you so might as well make a game mode for it eh?

Edited by user Monday, October 16, 2017 12:04:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:35:11 AM(UTC)
The wrecking and griefing in F7 is worse than it's ever been. Adjudication system? The video game industry is one where lying is part of the core experience of selling when it comes to major game elements, let alone something mentioned in passing once or twice. Then, when the game is released and the promised feature isn't part of the package, the dev (if he can be bothered to talk about it) says something about time and budget constraints. Disappointed fans shout into the wind and apologists make the problem(s) even worse.

Forza is what is. If Turn 10 were interested in making a game where the point was to provide a clean multiplayer experience, then they have had many options available to them for many years, and they could have followed the lead of others in the genre. It's simply not a core principle of the game.

After all of these years, I feel like some poor fool whose wife is running around on him while he pretends that it isn't happening. I bought the game, and in addition to the absolute nightmare multiplayer experience I knew I would be getting, I also unknowingly signed up for one crash-to-desktop after another, often having to restart my game 5 or 6 times just to finish building my car, let alone take it to the track so that it can get wrecked in turn 1 by the morons who infest this game, where I can then be disconnected from the lobby after a race or two.

I'm not a dramatic fanboy or a screaming mouth breather, but have to say it: I really regret my purchase of this game.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:36:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Words I could never imagine would be against the rules are against the rules

#204 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:38:14 AM(UTC)
Multiplayer drivers are pure evil...
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 2 users liked this post.
#205 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:20:29 AM(UTC)
Complaining here does no good, but everyone can help out:

Report offenders through the Xbox Dashboard in People/Find Someone for Unsportsmanlike play. Those reports go to the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team (PET) and when they ban, they suspend the offender from Live itself, not just a single game.

You are the witness (or victim) of the poor sportsmanship, so report it. Doing so takes less time than posting a complaint here, and the PET folks are staffed to observe and instantly ban the wreckers.
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#206 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:26:10 AM(UTC)
is hard to see when someone smash from behind in a group and make a mess...
 1 user liked this post.
#207 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:27:30 AM(UTC)
Turn 10 really need to implement more automatic features to combat this type of behaviour.
 4 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:31:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Snowowl Go to Quoted Post

Report offenders through the Xbox Dashboard in People/Find Someone for Unsportsmanlike play. Those reports go to the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team (PET) and when they ban, they suspend the offender from Live itself, not just a single game.

You are the witness (or victim) of the poor sportsmanship, so report it. Doing so takes less time than posting a complaint here, and the PET folks are staffed to observe and instantly ban the wreckers.

-Number of times I've reported people for unsporting conduct or cheating? As many times as I was able to catch the name of the jerk who did it.
-Number of times I've complained on this forum about those people in the last 10 years? Once.

I agree with you that people should report our most toxic community members, but I also know for a fact that there are things that could Turn 10 could do which would go a long way towards easing the problem, instead of laying it at the feet of the people that pay for the coffee in the break room.

6 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:54:42 AM(UTC)
Just let me remind you, once again, that Turn 10 (certainly not me) talked about the adjudication system feature back in June. That's one of the reasons why I decided to get Forza 7, after all the frustration in the previous titles.

https://ar12gaming.com/a...les/forza-7-adjudication

When asked about how Turn 10 plans to tackle the issues that plague online play in Forza Motorsport 6, Giese said the new Adjudication System in Forza Motorsport 7 will penalize players who cut corners, crash out other players, or do something else that could potentially give you an advantage or wouldn’t be considered sportsmanship. These penalties will see the game “take you down,” Giese said, revealing that players who cheat or race unclean could face added time on to their final lap and race total, or have their result marked as ‘dirty’ in Rivals.

What do you want me to think when I read this, other than it's a confirmed feature?

I've played the game for a little over two weeks and there's still no sign of it.

We have player feedback but it's not the same, at all. And I don't see it working well:
1) very few people in lobbies know about it, maybe nobody, just like the ability to vote to kick since FM5 (how many people have we successfully kicked since then?)
2) people who really want to give a feedback, mostly do it when they see a bad behavior, certainly not a good one
3) the time we have in the lobby is very, very limited. We have to give a feedback, vote to kick, switch cars, setup, sometimes even mute idiots....and all of this with a very slow and laggy interface
4) it can be easily abused. (reporting the wrong person, reporting without a reason etc..) and...see 5)
5) we don't know how it works. Maybe we get monitored by T10 team even for a couple of bad reports
6) do you see T10 team monitoring lobbies near the end life cycle of Forza 7? I don't, and that's why an automatic penalty system is required

There's auction house and other features to come.
If the adjudication system won't be there as well, I'll know T10 just scrapped it without even telling us, and replaced it with the player feedback, plus the annoying numerous barriers on track.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:23:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#210 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:16:58 PM(UTC)

So far I've reported dozens, just selected unsportsmanlike conduct, then commented " intentional wrecking Forza 6". Is that good enough? No need to save the replay and share it. I've also done it how we did on FM6, message two mods, no response. Just want to make sure these idiots are dealt with😡
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
#211 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:17:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xBSxChadSpeed Go to Quoted Post

So far I've reported dozens, just selected unsportsmanlike conduct, then commented " intentional wrecking Forza 6". Is that good enough? No need to save the replay and share it. I've also done it how we did on FM6, message two mods, no response. Just want to make sure these idiots are dealt with😡

Do you have any clarification on this Snowowl??

1 user liked this post.
#212 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:23:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I don't think searchable custom public lobbies would have any effect on the desire to jump in to a hopper.

Sorry what now? With searchable public lobbies a lot of us would never go near a class hopper ever again.

I've done maybe a handful of races in a hopper. Wouldn't bother going back, so wouldn't change my choice

But having said that, if Public hosted lobbies killed hoppers, wouldn't that really be telling anyway? Be great to give Darwin a chance to be relevant in the new millennium.
#213 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:46:46 AM(UTC)
I see what you are saying but also remember that this is a game and people have fun in different ways.

[Mod Edit - profanity is not allowed - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:33:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#214 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:26:58 PM(UTC)
Well, I just have to say that if you're implying that abusing other players (as the rammers do) for your own enjoyment is a valid form of gameplay, all I have to say is it's thinking like that that's part of the problem.

Having said that, I would suggest that the OP remember that some players are simply not that good at racing as well. Sometimes it's hard to tell a rammer from someone who's just inexperienced.

Edited by user Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:30:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mod Edit - Profanity removed
#215 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:05:49 PM(UTC)
Ghosting cars on different laps is the fix for this IMO. As far as the first corner, well thats just a roll of the dice and hope for the best :)
#216 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:24:18 PM(UTC)
I keep getting the fastest lap times and start in the front and end in the back anyway because people are too busy playing destruction derby rather than racing

the new system doesn't work either, can we just have a pure ghost mm for clean racers?
#217 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:43:16 PM(UTC)
It's gotten better now overall, and when I get a few bad matches I just spend some time in the Ghost hopper for a few races, very relaxing. The problem is accidents happen even if nobody really doing it on purpose, that's one thing to keep in mind.
 1 user liked this post.
#218 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:44:07 PM(UTC)
Can we get people to moderate online lobbies weather they are players who have a good standing or something because playing online is almost impossible with people is jeeps and semi truck ramming people of the track some has to get done about this its ridiculous.
 5 users liked this post.
#219 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:54:52 PM(UTC)
No, too many people playing the game. And they would probably do it for one week and then let the carnage continue. Like what happened with the marshal program in Forza 6.
Useless.
Do you see mods/volunteers do it even at the end life cycle of Forza 7. I don't.

What we need is the adjudication (penalty) system T10 promised us back in june.

#220 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:08:19 PM(UTC)

Do you have any clarification on this Snowowl??

Well, I guess that's a no on the clarification. Just curious if we should try to save a replay( only works 50% or less of the time). Or save clips and upload for the Xbox reporting. I like reporting here, seemed like quick action was taken. So far this seems to be like all other issues in this beta. You shouldnt complain, give them Turn 10 time to give you your $100 worth of game, and it's your fault if you don't like it because you didn't have to buy it. Well screw that, I didn't try to refund, but I sure as hell ain't playing this garbage right now😡

3 users liked this post.
#221 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:14:43 PM(UTC)
Ha!! I can't even properly save replays anymore. I saved one just a few hours ago, then I went to play it and it didn't work. It said invalid..something. So all I could do was delete it.
The long list of bugs just got longer.
 1 user liked this post.
#222 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:19:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
Ha!! I can't even properly save replays anymore. I saved one just a few hours ago, then I went to play it and it didn't work. It said invalid..something. So all I could do was delete it.
The long list of bugs just got longer.

Mine have no sound at all. (งツ)ว
 1 user liked this post.
#223 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 5:54:58 AM(UTC)
We need this fixed!!!!!!!
 3 users liked this post.
#224 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:14:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Ricks **** Go to Quoted Post
We need this fixed!!!!!!!

If they cared to address this the easiest time would have been during 7's primary development cycle. That they didn't fix it says that online competition is not their priority. I have no hope that this will ever be resolved and plan on purchasing a wheel and pedal set to play Project Cars 2 instead of spending that same money on an XBox One X to get the most out of Forza 7.

I still enjoy Forza, but lacking the ability to get good races in versus humans or the AI means I can't fully invest in the title. It can only be that sorta fun, but disappointing and flawed title I play when I don't want to compete.
 2 users liked this post.
#225 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:36:50 AM(UTC)
They could at least bring back the indicator from either 2 or 3 when you vote to kick someone. Many probably don't even know they have this option. A simple pop up on screen with "Press this button for yes" would suffice. I have yet to see someone kicked in 7.
28 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error