28 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
 6 users liked this post.
#126 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:02:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
The game is starting to roll out worldwide, with New Zealand and Australian copies unlocking soon.

If anyone comes across any new options or features in Multiplayer Hoppers feel free to post here.

One thing I noticed from last night's official livestream is that a tyre barrier has been placed at the apex of Sebring's Turn 16. That was a popular corner-cutting spot so I'm glad that's been dealt with for now.

I don't get the tyre walls. At all. Aside from the fact that they ruin every track aesthetically they seem to be randomly placed around tracks. There's like three walls in the final chicane in Barcelona but still nothing in the most obvious corner cutting place ever, the corkscrew in Laguna Seca. The slowdown feature of previous Forzas (1 to 4) was far superior. The system of F1 2017 is far superior.

And now they make it even easier to do it with friction assist. Which is nothing but a corner cutting cheat for beginner Hoppers. You'd think those were there to teach people how to play the game, but no, they only teach you that cutting corners is a valid option.

I wonder how the ban rules are. Is it ok to cut corners in beginner hoppers? Because giving friction assist is like saying it's fair game to race on grass.
 2 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:25:40 AM(UTC)
I can`t understand why didn`t they implement a time penalty like FM2 had, you can then drive all you want on the grass and be first to cross the finish line but then you`ll be but back in your place with the time penalty.
#128 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:27:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slimssss Go to Quoted Post
I can`t understand why didn`t they implement a time penalty like FM2 had, you can then drive all you want on the grass and be first to cross the finish line but then you`ll be but back in your place with the time penalty.

Actually, they did.

#129 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:33:36 AM(UTC)
THAT is awesome news, i have yet to see a MP video for FM7 so i thought it is not implemented. THanks.
SO except for occasional rammers MP will actually be working now.
#130 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:36:33 AM(UTC)
I like the idea of ghosting cars that are a lap down. I'd suggest modifying it to ghosting a car that's more than 30 seconds in front or behind you. Reason being that there's still time for trolls to wreck you before they've been lapped.

I've been in situations before where I was in an under performing car against good drivers. I certainly don't want to be a hindrance to their race, just the same as I don't want someone I'm about to lap to be one for me.
#131 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:41:41 AM(UTC)
I have been following PC2 on how they handle online racing.This is a really interesting way to handle things i think.Im not blowing the horn for them i dont even have the game.Waiting on XB1X so im in the dark.But once all the data is collected and things settle in this a true way to see who does what online.Its too late to change F7 now but hopefully things will be better than the past few Forza games.This is just a comparsion of this part of online between the 2 games.Please dont get flamed up.

https://www.projectcarsg...ing-license.html?lang=en
#132 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:02:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
The game is starting to roll out worldwide, with New Zealand and Australian copies unlocking soon.

If anyone comes across any new options or features in Multiplayer Hoppers feel free to post here.

One thing I noticed from last night's official livestream is that a tyre barrier has been placed at the apex of Sebring's Turn 16. That was a popular corner-cutting spot so I'm glad that's been dealt with for now.

Good. I can't stand course cutting and going wide to keep up speed. If they just slowed you down for going off the track, that would be awesome...or simply put tire barriers up at cutting corners

2013 HRPT long hauler in my 45th Anniversary SS!!!
 4 users liked this post.
#133 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:14:10 AM(UTC)
As the title says, is there any way to stop being paired up with mentally challanged players when racing in the few online modes in this game ?

I guess i'm a new player and was not aware that most of the players i'll be racing have a combined IQ that barely make up a 2 digit number.
 1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:45:26 AM(UTC)
Making fun of the mentally impaired is in bad taste, in my opinion. I have raced online over the last several nights, and I have been in lobbies that have a mix of beginning driver's to fairly fast driver's. I'm assuming that you are referring to are drivers that intentionally hit you (trolls) or drivers that have not yet learned how to race without accidental collisions (beginners, we have all been there), however none of these groups can be described as mentally impaired.

I'm going to assume that you simply need more practice. Even with the trolls and beginners in lobbies, it's possible to place top 10 every race, and top 5 most races.
 4 users liked this post.
#135 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:46:56 AM(UTC)
Nope :)
Welcome to Forza Online.

In a lobby with about 20 drivers, there is almost always someone, who wants to play destruction derby.
You have to deal with it.

It's all about the first corner.
Keep away from other cars and stay in the background. When everyone is crashing the cars will be transparent and you can drive through them.

A few corners later, usually these players are not fast enough to come close again.

3 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:48:33 AM(UTC)
Was talking about trolls. The ones that force you to be happy with a 6th or 5th place win because they didn't like your battle for top 3 and decided to use you as their mobile brake pads.
 1 user liked this post.
#137 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:58:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DariusOneOne7 Go to Quoted Post
As the title says, is there any way to stop being paired up with mentally challanged players when racing in the few online modes in this game ?

I guess i'm a new player and was not aware that most of the players i'll be racing have a combined IQ that barely make up a 2 digit number.

"Welcome to Forza" badge unlocked.

There's really not much you can do other than wait for Leagues. There you will also have some crashing in the beginning, but it gets better the higher you climb. For Hoppers just try to do clean laps, that will put you in front of the grid in the next race. And for the first corner stay away from the line. The worst thing are tracks like Nurburgring GP, where you have a long high speed section followed by a tight first corner (same for Spa). In that case just stay back and watch the carnage, then overtake them all.

And of course save replays of blatant crashers and PM the mods here, they will take care of it.
#138 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:03:39 AM(UTC)
Yes it's called private lobbies with friends or look for a group. Hoppers have always been worthless although the homo... setting have made things much better across Forza 7
 1 user liked this post.
#139 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:08:35 AM(UTC)
There is something you can try:

https://forums.forzamoto...re--Driver-Feedback.aspx

Highlight a player and select them to bring up this screen.

I don't know how effective it may be, but I suspect that enough reports will either mean that a player shows up less often in matchmaking or gets reported to Turn 10.
 1 user liked this post.
#140 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:11:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

And of course save replays of blatant crashers and PM the mods here, they will take care of it.

There is a regular guy in the Historic Road Racing hopper name [Mod Edit - Hieronymus (We don't allow naming and shaming here on the forums)], who has been continuously causing issues on purpose (he drives an orange Charger, everyone that plays hoppers is getting to know of this guy). I'll get the name next time, and message a Mod, and I bet you lunch that this Blocker dude will be in the lobby the next time I race. Deal?

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 6:35:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#141 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:13:19 AM(UTC)
Was talking about trolls.

If you're talking about trolling then refer to them that way. Don't mix in disparaging comments about genuinely disabled players.

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#142 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:23:54 AM(UTC)
That's one of the main problem in FM6 Lobbies, people deliberately using tricked out street machines to race against full blown GT, Le Mans, Formula, and Indy race cars. Those street machines may have the straight line speed but they are severely outclassed in handling and braking performance, they have zero chance to catch up to you in each and every single corners, so what do they do? Destruction Derby and bumper car ram fests, they caused chaos and ruin the race for everyone else. A tricked out Ford Mustangs have no business to race against a Formula 1 car in a circuit, period. Personally I'm so very glad we have Divisions now to avoid all those pests.
#143 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:08:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Xcaliber1975 Go to Quoted Post
That's one of the main problem in FM6 Lobbies, people deliberately using tricked out street machines to race against full blown GT, Le Mans, Formula, and Indy race cars. Those street machines may have the straight line speed but they are severely outclassed in handling and braking performance, they have zero chance to catch up to you in each and every single corners, so what do they do? Destruction Derby and bumper car ram fests, they caused chaos and ruin the race for everyone else. A tricked out Ford Mustangs have no business to race against a Formula 1 car in a circuit, period. Personally I'm so very glad we have Divisions now to avoid all those pests.

You clearly haven't raced in the FM7 hoppers. They are homologous, so what you're describing doesn't happen.
 3 users liked this post.
#144 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 3:05:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I M0T0 I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Xcaliber1975 Go to Quoted Post

You clearly haven't raced in the FM7 hoppers. They are homologous, so what you're describing doesn't happen.

and you clearly haven't read his post correctly.

#145 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 2:49:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I M0T0 I Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post

There is a regular guy in the Historic Road Racing hopper name [Mod Edit - Hieronymus (We don't allow naming and shaming here on the forums)], who has been continuously causing issues on purpose (he drives an orange Charger, everyone that plays hoppers is getting to know of this guy). I'll get the name next time, and message a Mod, and I bet you lunch that this Blocker dude will be in the lobby the next time I race. Deal?

Yeah I have come across that guy too. I think it was too days ago. Ttied to kick him but no one else voted so I just left. He was easy enough for me to dodge and I did pit a couple times when he tried to block me. He was annoying as hell.

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 6:36:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#146 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 3:07:31 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, October 6, 2017 5:38:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#147 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 5:32:22 AM(UTC)
Was talking about trolls. The ones that force you to be happy with a 6th or 5th place win because they didn't like your battle for top 3 and decided to use you as their mobile brake pads.

So obviously you're right, but.....

There's nothing more satisfying than watching one of these toolbags fly past you because you delayed your turn in a split second and they fly past you at top speed and into a wall because you weren't where you'd be if you had taken the corner like you normally would.

To me that's more satisfying than winning. I still wish they'd fix this problem though.
 4 users liked this post.
#148 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 6:04:06 AM(UTC)
So what happened to the "Adjudication System" Turn 10 talked about? Was it scrapped and turned into a simple "report user" option...or is it coming in an update, along with our a-b-c hoppers?
https://ar12gaming.com/a...les/forza-7-adjudication

When asked about how Turn 10 plans to tackle the issues that plague online play in Forza Motorsport 6, Giese said the new Adjudication System in Forza Motorsport 7 will penalize players who cut corners, crash out other players, or do something else that could potentially give you an advantage or wouldn’t be considered sportsmanship. These penalties will see the game “take you down,” Giese said, revealing that players who cheat or race unclean could face added time on to their final lap and race total, or have their result marked as ‘dirty’ in Rivals.

It is also worth mentioning that backmarkers and idle cars are STILL not ghosted.
A few days ago I raced on the short and narrow version of Rio....10 laps of it: can you imagine 15+ players passing by the start/finish line and try to avoid 2 or 3 cars not moving? Over and over again?

#149 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:42:24 AM(UTC)
As long as I had this game, I could not find a single clean racing out of around... 30? or 40? Something like that. Imo there has nothing been done in hopper mode. It does not make sense to only put penalties into leagues. I bet there won't be any penalty system. I am really looking forward to any news about this, when leagues start. Maybe I'll buy this game again, if some elemental features have been added aswell as penalties.
#150 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 9:59:41 AM(UTC)
yes only a few of my many races ran without crashkids. yesterday I wanted to overtake a leading and when I was half past he just pushed my heck away , on a straight . This happens much too often also in the middle field. free after the motto "clear you are faster but I'm evil" The only thing that still remains to me is that I have a better round time at the end :-(
And when you start in the front you are almost 100% rammed ..... sad

from the Adjudication System I see nothing at the moment ........
MY Forza games

+ Digital Versions of Forza 6:Apex , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsport 7
28 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error