This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
28 Pages<<262728Prev
#676 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 11:15:01 PM(UTC)
I rarely get to play forza multiplayer but have been on most of today. Generally it's been good by selecting the endurance r class lobbies and staying out of the way at turn 1 and pitting straight away. Then you've got clear track to just get the hammer down and when the crash clowns pit you get them while they stop and you usually come out around the actual clean racers. Damage being on certainly helps too. It's not guaranteed but I've had more fun races in those lobbies than any others on any forza public lobbies since it became mainstream.

Had a bad one though when someone ahead of me got a nudge and started sliding across the main straight on rio towards the first corner. He slid into me sideways and I couldn't do anything and I sort of pushed him round more so he just kept spinning. I slowed right down at turn 1 after it had all unfolded to let him through and he just rammed me into oblivion with damage on. Then he quit. I had a whole lap to do with red engine going 30mph max. Sent him a bit so politely worded message so will probably get a ban but it's so frustrating.

Seriously turn 10 this has been the same for so many iterations of the game and still no solution. It's no good, the majority of people who are still playing are committed to the game and do race clean it's such a minority that ruin it. Once the ramming starts as well it's so easy to just want to ram them back but the game shouldn't play like that. I love forza 7 it's the best since 4 imo but online is goosed if you want to jump on for a quick clean race.
#677 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 1:35:36 AM(UTC)
The worst is always the first race you do after joining a lobby and hadn't enough time to mark a fast lap in "test drive". When you have to start in the back with all the rammers and slow&bad drivers making it through the pack is a nightmare. Once you start in the first or second lane it becomes better, except on Spa, Nürbugring GP, Laguna Seca and every other track with extreme slow first turns. There it's just a gamble if you survive or not.
Perma-Ghosting lapped cars and maybe a ~15 seconds starting ghosting would be a welcomed immediate help though.
#678 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 8:13:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Perma-Ghosting lapped cars and maybe a ~15 seconds starting ghosting would be a welcomed immediate help though.

Very Good Idea!!!

1 user liked this post.
#679 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 3:56:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
The worst is always the first race you do after joining a lobby and hadn't enough time to mark a fast lap in "test drive". When you have to start in the back with all the rammers and slow&bad drivers making it through the pack is a nightmare. Once you start in the first or second lane it becomes better, except on Spa, Nürbugring GP, Laguna Seca and every other track with extreme slow first turns. There it's just a gamble if you survive or not.

Ah the memes of Forza multiplayer. And I resemble that remark - the slow drivers part. I don't really care if I win because I know I won't. My goal is to finish somewhere in the top 6, not kill anyone and not be killed. I love the way some people re-enter the track - 90 degrees - now I know this isn't done on purpose, it's because they don't know any better, and it's not limited to Forza either.

But seriously, Turn-10? 8 laps around Virginia Patriot at night in S-Class? That track should be reserved for C class and slower. It is definitely not fun.

Starting in the back isn't always a bad thing. You hang back and wait for the "Moses Effect" on turn one (I want a car with a Charleton Heston parting the Red Sea paint job). If you're lucky, you can move from 14th to 7th or 6th without even trying. At turn 2 you can advance another couple positions if you can stay out of trouble.

I raced Spa the other night and everyone handled La Source just fine. The wall at Eau Rouge was trouble area 1, and trouble area 2 was the kitty litter at Stavelot. The worst track for rammers is Yas Marina.

And hopefully, Turn-10 will implement ghosting lapped cars one fine day.
#680 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 7:17:01 PM(UTC)
It's just not a lot of thought or good thought goes into what tracks should be common in a specific class. They really need to think about this and make it better. This would help with the wrecking too. League had R and P on Rio Mini. Just wrong.

Edited by user Saturday, September 22, 2018 7:18:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#681 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:35:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
It's just not a lot of thought or good thought goes into what tracks should be common in a specific class. They really need to think about this and make it better. This would help with the wrecking too. League had R and P on Rio Mini. Just wrong.

I just got Rio Mini in the ABC'S hopper. You think they would know better.
#682 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:16:01 AM(UTC)
I joined a Spec League race and Jonk (T10 staff) was in the lobby. Despite the T10 logo by his GT people still rammed like crazy. I imagine the ban hammer struck a few times after that race. I had a race earlier where some clown had his mic on and would laugh and cheer every time he took someone out. Vote to kick didn't work so the whole lobby reported him. I imagine he'll get some enforced rest from multiplayer for at least 24hrs. He'll then resume the carnage no doubt.....
 1 user liked this post.
#683 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 9:58:36 AM(UTC)
I'm really sick and tired of being wrecked by the same users, one of which even wrote to me by pm on xbox that he never got suspended. Laughing in my face.

I write to FORZAFB@MICROSOFT.COM and FORZARPT@MICROSOFT.COM . One single reply back in September, saying they would take care of the replays I sent them. But obviously they didn't, since those very same crashers are still around, my replays are corrupted and with zero views.
No further replies to the following emails I sent with replay info.
...An alternative email address?? Someone from the forum who still gives a damn and could get in touch with the devs and analyze replays?

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, November 4, 2018 8:43:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#684 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 10:03:52 AM(UTC)
They already have your money, so...
 2 users liked this post.
#685 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:02:43 PM(UTC)
That’s where you’re going wrong. You’re driving in public lobbies. Play on private matches and leagues and you never have to worry about any of this business. It is the best you can hope for until race regs come in. Btw, you can friend me on Live. I run with a solid group every Saturday night at 7pm eastern.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#686 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 6:41:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
I'm really sick and tired of being wrecked by the same users, one of which even wrote to me by pm on xbox that he never got suspended. Laughing in my face.

I write to FORZAFB@MICROSOFT.COM and FORZARPT@MICROSOFT.COM . One single reply back in September, saying they would take care of the replays I sent them. But obviously they didn't, since those very same crashers are still around, my replays are corrupted and with zero views.
...An alternative email address?? Someone from the forum who still gives a damn and could get in touch with the devs and analyze replays?

Hey bud, I forwarded your complaint back in Sept and it was in fact looked into. I honestly don't recall what happened from there, the vids may have been corrupted, I don't remember. I don't think it will show as a view when it's T10 looking at it, not totally sure.

Just because they "say" they weren't suspended doesn't mean they weren't, take that with a grain of salt.

PM me the details of what's going on and I will help you out and submit it through my channels. Please do not put any of it here on the forums.

Mako

#687 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 5:00:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT MAKO 6669 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post

Hey bud, I forwarded your complaint back in Sept and it was in fact looked into. I honestly don't recall what happened from there, the vids may have been corrupted, I don't remember. I don't think it will show as a view when it's T10 looking at it, not totally sure.

Just because they "say" they weren't suspended doesn't mean they weren't, take that with a grain of salt.

PM me the details of what's going on and I will help you out and submit it through my channels. Please do not put any of it here on the forums.

Mako

Hey there, thanks for your reply.
Help me understand here....You take care of forwarding the emails received at FORZAFB email address?
I'll send you a pm.

2 users liked this post.
#688 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 6:01:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
Play on private matches and leagues and you never have to worry about any of this business.

You are kidding right? League is trash just like any other mode.

#689 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 9:59:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post
Play on private matches and leagues and you never have to worry about any of this business.

With the new collision reduction assist coming tomorrow, looks as though griefers shouldn't be as much of a problem as before.

Edited by user Monday, November 5, 2018 10:01:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: quote

#690 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:53:43 AM(UTC)
So, what do you guys think once seen the teaser of the Race Regulations System?

Some hints before they explain it next month?

It seems that the stupid wall tyres will be removed, thanks T10.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:59:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

#691 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:04:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kesselring1987 Go to Quoted Post
So, how do you guys have seen the teaser of the Race Regulations System?

Some hints before they explain it next month?

It seems that the stupid wall tyres will be removed, thanks T10.

Yet to see how penalties work with collisions and no word on ghosting backmarker rammers (as penalties will not bother them) but the upcoming collision assists should go some way to help with that.

It's nice to see how it works for cutting tracks and the removal of tyre walls should go a long way, especially in sim damage lobbies.

Time will tell but so far so good.
#692 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:09:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PickLokc Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post

With the new collision reduction assist coming tomorrow, looks as though griefers shouldn't be as much of a problem as before.

Let's wait and see.

Forza Horizon games have pretty robust collision physics (most cars can take a few hits without getting spun out) yet griefers still exist.

I appreciate the inclusion of this feature and it'll certainly help, however I feel that griefing will still be a notable concern.
 2 users liked this post.
#693 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 2:51:00 PM(UTC)
Ghost the back markers. Don't understand why this isn't a standard feature in the game, and if people want such a feature turned off then have the option to.

Regardless this needs to be standard within the game, as racing in multiplayer as we all know isn't exactly the most organized, cleanest and is quite toxic with wreckers. I think this would be a great first step in the direction making multiplayer more fun and sane when lapping back markers, especially if they're toxic or wreckers.

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Edited by user Friday, November 9, 2018 3:27:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

28 Pages<<262728Prev

Notification

Icon
Error