This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
28 Pages<<25262728PrevNext
#651 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 2:53:18 AM(UTC)
So, https://forums.forzamoto...rogram.aspx#post_937029 where misdeeds can be reported directly to Turn 10, and the first step, which has been clearly stated, toward the race regulations has been taken with the updated track limits ( https://www.forzamotorsp.../news/fm7_august_update ).

Originally Posted by: Nirbanana Go to Quoted Post
So 25 pages of this and no solution or change.
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#652 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 5:57:52 AM(UTC)
What, you expected them to actually read it? LMAO
#653 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:46:38 PM(UTC)
Why has online multiplayer still not been fixed? How can some jerk rear-end me at top speed sending me crashing into a wall while they just go on about their merry way? I never play multiplayer beyond 1 race per week in leagues to get the rewards, because it is just too frustrating. This will definitely be the last FM game I am going to buy. I've got FH4 preordered, and hopefully it doesn't have the same problem.

Edited by user Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:48:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#654 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:41:23 PM(UTC)
Generally Horizon is even worse in terms of wrecking and poor driving. Penalty system in Forza 7 is coming in a future update. However I doubt Horizon will ever have any kind of penalty system and not sure it really needs it anyway being an arcade racer.
#655 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 10:56:40 AM(UTC)
Ten iterations in and people are still tanking into the first corner and causing grief en masse, race after race, first corner after first corner.

How much DLC dollars do I need to donate to Turn 10's coffers for them to make all racers ghosted for the first 30 seconds to prevent this?
 1 user liked this post.
#656 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 11:06:40 AM(UTC)
As frustrating as the 1st corner carnage is, if you ghost everyone for the 1st 30 seconds it isn't really racing is it? Plus if you have been playing for 10 iterations, surely you must have tactics for avoiding the carnage? Like at Spa or Nurburgring GP, go deep at the hair pin to miss the over ambitious?

In answer to your question, you will see ghosted drivers for the first 30 seconds when they introduce it in actual motorsport. Or knowing my luck, now I have made this statement it will be in the next update - but for me it would be a backwards step. A much better improvement would be ghosting lapped cars.
 3 users liked this post.
#657 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 11:42:15 PM(UTC)
All ghosted for 30 seconds sounds a great idea, until everyone unghosts and you get even more guaranteed carnage ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now a collision based ghosting system stopping the turn 1 rammer would be more useful. Cars with wildly different builds combined with huge differences in skill will very often have poor results. Rolling starts with a more spread out pack seems to help a lot on GT Sport.

At the same time if you enter an organised event with players of a decent standard the difference is clear.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:02:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#658 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 11:53:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: it shows Go to Quoted Post
Ten iterations in and people are still tanking into the first corner and causing grief en masse, race after race, first corner after first corner.

How much DLC dollars do I need to donate to Turn 10's coffers for them to make all racers ghosted for the first 30 seconds to prevent this?

yeh so the carnage would move to when ever they become unghosted, so next or the corner after that
think punishment for those that do it would be better in the long term for everyone, even some sort of education before people are allowed to race online unghosted

it's so funny to go into a ghost lobby and still see a few people try to ram and go barreling off track on corners, especially the first one

My cats don't like being moderated
Watch out they bite ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 
 2 users liked this post.
#659 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 1:21:38 AM(UTC)
Ghosting wonโ€™t solve the fundamental problem of people not knowing how to race, and not being educated on such skills/etiquette in-game.
#660 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:04:10 AM(UTC)
As much as I can't wait for the regulations as much as everyone else. I do feel the need to congratulate turn 10 on the current league system.

I have found a distinct difference with the ethics of the drivers I'm meeting in the pinnacle league (as apposed to hardly any drivers in forza 6).

90% of the time at the front of the grid , the fellow racers are clean and race respectfully. The most annoying thing I find is the guys & girls that are good fast drivers, can race cleanly but still choose to grab a second here or there by cutting!!!.

Hopefully the combination of the current league system and new regulations will knock it out the park!!!
#661 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:52:49 AM(UTC)
so got a 24hr communications ban for i'm gone guess bullying people who rammed me off the track, i'll freely admit i'll bully the [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] out of anybody who rams online ruining the entire online lobby because they thought they bought destruction derby.

i'm not even mad what i'm annoyed by is that my only communication is with people who rammed me off the road, obviously this is not "positive" and since my opening line usually references payback for getting rammed off the road i'm guessing grabbing context from a chat message is not xbox live enforcements strongest point.

so to aid them in this how about you just track the average collisions per race. i feel this number would add a lot of weight to a complaint.

personally a complaint from someone with average 0-1 collisions per race would carry a lot more weight then the average 20-100 i'm sure sir i'll cornerbomb 1st corner and win the race has racked up.

also i feel getting a communications ban as a result from the guys setting entire clean lobby's on a rampage is just hilarious, good system you got there.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 11:14:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#662 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:06:59 AM(UTC)
Trouble is, those who rammed you off, could have hit you because they were hit in to you. Either way, maybe take some anger management classes, or learn to laugh.

I know all about my above scenario, I've been hit, and then I take out one or two, nothing I could do, yet those I took out, always come after me....

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:08:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#663 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:18:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AnubisNL Go to Quoted Post
so got a 24hr communications ban for i'm gone guess bullying people who rammed me off the track, i'll freely admit i'll bully the [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] out of anybody who rams online ruining the entire online lobby because they thought they bought destruction derby.

So not really enforcement "shenanigans" so much as - by your own admission - justified enforcement.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 4, 2018 11:14:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#664 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 3:47:10 PM(UTC)

i'm not even mad what i'm annoyed by is that my only communication is with people who rammed me off the road, obviously this is not "positive" and since my opening line usually references payback for getting rammed off the road i'm guessing grabbing context from a chat message is not xbox live enforcements strongest point.

so to aid them in this how about you just track the average collisions per race. i feel this number would add a lot of weight to a complaint.

personally a complaint from someone with average 0-1 collisions per race would carry a lot more weight then the average 20-100 i'm sure sir i'll cornerbomb 1st corner and win the race has racked up.

also i feel getting a communications ban as a result from the guys setting entire clean lobby's on a rampage is just hilarious, good system you got there.

Maybe you should take your complaint to those that actually banned you...xbox live support..not here

My cats don't like being moderated
Watch out they bite ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 
 1 user liked this post.
#665 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:42:12 AM(UTC)

Did that same thing a couple months back and got that same 24 hour ban. Mine happened in a league race I was gonna win. On the last lap, the last place guy rammed me as he was getting lapped. I was FURIOUS! So I cursed him out and he reported it, the jackass. I dont message or chat so the communication ban didnt bug me, but I brought my unedited message here and got a ban here lol. Its a no-win situation. Best thing is to report the dirty driver and let it go. Forza makes you have to finish the race to report a complaint though.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:45:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track
 1 user liked this post.
#666 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 6:20:40 PM(UTC)
Happens to me too. The Problem is this:

Im not very good in that Game, thats ok.
Im most one of the last Lights, thats ok.
For me ist good enough do my best and look the Result. Get Better and learn Maybe soemthing.

BUT after i get rammed a lot and run in so much Rammers, i start ram myself all in sight. Self-Defense, Sorry. Should I have rammed a friendly player then I'm sorry. But I can not possibly know before, or remember who is friendly and who is a rammer. So I'm going to ram too. I try to see it easily. To be a good example and really only to ram when it is necessary for pure self-preservation. But I do not always succeed.

True, Forza 7 is more Forza Destruction Derby than anything else. Too bad that the game becomes boring for that.

I see the following options:

1) Just play with friends
2) Let everyone pass by and drive behind them peacefully and hoping that no bad driver with a bad temper will take you on the grain anyway
3) Ramming, but this leaves me a pale taste in the mouth and I lose the joy of the game
4) Use Only the lobbies with disabled collisions
5) Hope for a better world
6) Travel in a Paralle Universe with nice People
7) Hope that Turn 10 add a Voting Option to activate, deactivate collisions for EVERY Lobby

Edited by user Saturday, September 15, 2018 6:24:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#667 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:31:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Generally Horizon is even worse in terms of wrecking and poor driving. Penalty system in Forza 7 is coming in a future update. However I doubt Horizon will ever have any kind of penalty system and not sure it really needs it anyway being an arcade racer.

Horizon is so bad that even the Drivatars themselves like to push you off the track before checkpoints.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#668 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:44:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
Ghosting wonโ€™t solve the fundamental problem of people not knowing how to race, and not being educated on such skills/etiquette in-game.

Actually, even though it's necessary to educate drivers, at this point in time it's probably too late to make people go through driving tests without annoying them, unless T10 decides to have a couple lobbies without penalties enabled, where such people can have their trolling moments as they currently do.

I'm not sure if it's still like this, but what was done in GT Sport is not to my liking either, as you were required to watch a couple videos and then you were already allowed into online mode, although I assume you'd be matched against newbies. Good driving is far more about practice than theory.

A good example of driving school could be found in GTR2. At that time, the fact it wasn't mandatory wasn't a problem, since GTR2 is a proper simulation, which usually attracts more mature people, but the trials resembled what you'd find in track racing and even awarded medals for good performance.

Either way, I wonder how the penalty system is gonna impact the game as a whole. When you can't drive as aggressively, even things like builds could be toned down to become more stable as opposed to the missiles often seen in Time Attack.

It's my understanding that T10 might want to use the Leagues as their performance matchup system, and it'd be interesting to see if they revamp the points system to take penalties into consideration. It would be really great, especially for Ghost lobbies.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#669 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2018 2:31:29 AM(UTC)
I uploaded 3 replays of crashers on august 29, sept 9 and 11, sent the info by email to T10 right away. Thursday they replied to me they would take care of them...
But now when I try to load those replays (that are still up) I get a data error message.
They have zero views. T10 probably didn't check them and now they're corrupt. Dead, and those crashers will never get banned.

If it's like this for every single replay uploaded how are they going to take action?
#670 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 5:11:19 PM(UTC)
It seems they broke EVERY replay of any sort with the latest updates. In rivals, no ghosts, no replays, unless you find one that was recorded since the update. It seems they changed the format of all the recorded races without providing a migration path to keep them working during the transition. Very frustrating, and I don't see how they could possibly have made a mistake of that magnitude without catching it in testing.
 1 user liked this post.
#671 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:40:33 PM(UTC)
I decided to give multiplayer one more try for a non-ghost race and sure enough, carnage. I managed to avoid most of the first curve mayhem on Laguna Seca. Then on the 3rd turn I was bumped from behind, hit the guy in front of me gently, recovered and legitimately passed for the lead. On the very last turn, I was smashed off the track deliberately.

If the penalty system doesn't fix it, I'm done with multiplayer.
The gamer tag is accurate. It's how I've made a living for about 30 years, however I wish was racing cars instead. Sigh
#672 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:41:44 PM(UTC)
I'm done buying new Motorsport games. How can I be driving in a perfectly straight line, get side-swiped or rear-ended by some idiot that has no idea how to drive, and I go flying off the track while they go on their merry way? Then I dare not try to pass them when I catch up to them, because they are just going to smash into me again. The multiplayer is just not enjoyable. I'll give Horizon 4 a try, but I won't be back for Motorsport 8 and above.
#673 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:42:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
I uploaded 3 replays of crashers on august 29, sept 9 and 11, sent the info by email to T10 right away. Thursday they replied to me they would take care of them...
But now when I try to load those replays (that are still up) I get a data error message.
They have zero views. T10 probably didn't check them and now they're corrupt. Dead, and those crashers will never get banned.

If it's like this for every single replay uploaded how are they going to take action?

If you got a response from T10 then I can personally assure you that they were in fact reviewed. The staff member who heads the marshal team is also the one who reviews all the submissions from you guys as well. Two things to consider, if the files are now corrupt in some way, the actual views may not show correctly, OR, views by T10 staff may not show up at all. To put your mind at ease and keep your faith in the system up, I will inquire and make sure that they were in fact looked at.

And remember guys, you will only get a reply that your submission was received and will be reviewed. T10 will not and cannot discuss any disciplinary action of players with anyone else.

Mako

#674 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 8:51:22 PM(UTC)
Hello,

Turn 10 should let Turn 10 workers participate as "Policemen" Randomly in the multiplayer mode. These should be disguised as Players. Maybe Turn 10 could even give Trustworthy Players Police rights.

The rights of a Police Player should be: Pausing (or not Pause if thats not Possible in Multiplayer) the Game to kick Players out of the Lobby (Pause so that the Player has no disadvantage because he needs time for kicking the bully and can not drive at the same time). If a player is kicked out of the Lobby he should be Banned out of the Multiplayer Mode the rest of the day.

Once a Player "Cop" uses his Rights, the game should be recorded and the record sent to turn 10. So Turn 10 can then keep an eye on his Policemen if necessary.

The advantage: Since any time, any Player can be a potential Policeman, the Risk of being banned would be very high. Should a Player have to be banned several times, harder measures should of course be taken. Up to Turn 10 what that means.

Greetz

VN
 2 users liked this post.
#675 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 10:15:27 PM(UTC)
They pretty much have this with their Race Marshal system.
28 Pages<<25262728PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error