This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
28 Pages<<2425262728PrevNext
#626 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 7:52:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jjosephhh Go to Quoted Post
I can't agree with this more. Lapped cars have to be ghosted. This is an easy fix, and they HAVE to implement it.

Basically every hopper I have ever been in has had at least one idiot that deliberately hangs back and hacks/crashes out cars. This is usually after they've tried to crash cars on lap 1.

T10 need to implement this feature in hoppers and the league races. We can only wait and hope that they do.

This is the BEST solution I've seen. I had my messaging privileges and posting privileges on this site revoked because I cussed a guy out for doing that to me in a league race. I was on the last lap about to win the race, he wipes me out and sent a very vulgar message to him. He reported me and I get suspended. How come he didnt get any punishment? Its not fair! It can easily be avoided but its like they dont care to fixt the problem
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track
#627 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:30:27 AM(UTC)
You see the slight nudging in real motorsports such as touring cars or the Supercars championship. Even Formula 1 to a degree but generally that ends in front wing damage. I'm not saying bumping somebody off line is fine, I'm saying a tiny nudge here and there is acceptable, especially at the start of a race when a pack groups up heavily into a braking zone. It can't always be helped. A typical consequence of racing.

This is why GT Sports penalty system was heavily scrutinized but was improved in these scenarios in a recent patch as I understand it. (I don't own the game) Penalties were handed out for contact that did not effect any car involved and made absolutely no sense or a driver who was even lightly tapped was getting a penalty through another drivers fault. There has to be some level of acceptance for contact.

https://youtu.be/NYwfJfNaDMY

A few examples of those tiny nudges described in the link. Took GT Sport months to get the penalty system to acceptable levels.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:57:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#628 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:36:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR Delimon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ACR SPEARMAN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FACR Delimon Go to Quoted Post
Hot tip for passing since so many people don't know this, if you are in a handling car and you are trying to pass a speed car on a corner, give some space instead of constantly bumping him from behind, use the corner to get more speed than he does since he cannot turn and over take him as you get alongside his outside preventing him from taking his normal acceleration line as well. This is far more effective than riding his bumper and causing contact.

Overtaking around the outside of a car, especially a speed car that is more likely to understeer or slide wide is an absolute death sentence in Forza.

Best advice for overtaking in general is be a patient and wait for the right time to make a move. Sometimes just being close to the car in front is enough to send that driver wide or off track by your presence alone.

I don't mind being tapped from behind if it doesn't push me wide or off my line. In those circumstances I just think bumping is racing and get on with it.

It's not a death sentence, that person should know and respect that you are there and should know that he cannot accelerate normally.

Bumping is not racing, if I'm driving a straight line car and someone bumps me it destroys my line and ability to accelerate early negating my speed advantage. That's not fair and I don't see how you think that is fair either

Yes but you know that in Forza that is not the case. The average racer in Forza will not respect you are there. If I am racing a team mate or a known good driver then sure, they will respect my line, the average Forza player will most likely not. This is why it's a death sentence. Countless times I have been smashed off track overtaking around the outside, leaving plenty of room for the car inside.

You didn't read my post properly. A nudge is acceptable if it doesn't change the balance or knock me off my line. If it does any of those things and I'm overtook I would expect the driver to give me my position back. I don't go out of my way to nudge a car in front for example but mistakes do happen and accept that they will happen to me from time to time.

Some drivers do consistently bump and nudge cars off track when following a slower car in the same way that people just stay flat out at the start of a race ploughing through any slower cars. Almost like they are the only car on track. It's like they treat people like they would the AI. Something teaching drivers proper racing etiquette may help a little but not everybody cares.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:44:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#629 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 9:51:50 PM(UTC)
Hello to all of you fellow racers out there.
Im starting this thread because ive been very frustrated with the multiplayer racing of late.
Ive been racing forza now for almost 7 years , started with F4 and i am now in F7.
Its been fun , i truly enjoy the challenges.
But as of lately multiplayer racing has turned ugly.
Maybe it always has been this way but i dont feel like that.
The truth is that maybe im not the best racer im certainly not the worst but i try.
I tune my own cars as best i can and throw them out there to see if i can compete.
So... Here goes... I try my best to race clean and I Use my brakes.
The problem is that so many dont, they race to a corner and use the guy in front as their brake slamming into them.
When i enter a corner in close proximity to another racer i apply my brakes and look fir another place to pass if im faster.
This puts me at peril because the guy behind me slams into my rear end and whoops we got a wreck.
Let me say that im no angel, ive chased guys down and wrecked them out because ive been slighted or bumped into the wall because either im not fast enough or im trying to avoid wrecking the guy in front of me.
The reality is that bumps happen, but malicious acts of crashing is way more prevalent than clean racing.
Lord knows ive tried... Even when ive had a good lap , ill pull over at the start of the next race and go to the back because i just dont want to be part of the eventual wreck in the first corner.
Guys ive raced with message me saying some nasty stuff , i reply in turn and the vicious circle just keeps going.
I truly want to race clean , if someone is faster than me or more skilled then ill pull over and let them pass, but i wont just give up the spot without a fight, isnt that racing?
But when they just come up and slam you into the wall its a really frustrating expierance,
I want to enjoy F7 but its getting more and more difficult when this type of racing is around.
How can we fix this?
I dont see a clear answer, everone has a differant skill set. ,some are better at tuning but not so good on the track, others are excellent at both.
Some are just kids having fun.
Either way the reality is that this is not going to go away anytime soon.
So if you see me on the track... Renember.... Im going to brake for the guy in front if me and please dont rear end me !!
Thanks for letting me vent .
 4 users liked this post.
#630 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 3:56:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bohemond51 Go to Quoted Post

But as of lately multiplayer racing has turned ugly.

It's been a problem with Forza Motorsport titles for over 10 years.

Maybe it always has been this way but i dont feel like that.

It comes and goes depending on what Class you race in, what time of day it is etc. Some Hoppers are worse than others.

So... Here goes... I try my best to race clean and I Use my brakes.

Good, Forza needs more players like you.

The problem is that so many dont, they race to a corner and use the guy in front as their brake slamming into them.

The games don't tell them that this is wrong, or adequately encourage/reward sportsmanlike play, so this kind of behavior is inevitable.

Let me say that im no angel, ive chased guys down and wrecked them out because ive been slighted or bumped into the wall because either im not fast enough or im trying to avoid wrecking the guy in front of me.

Accidents happen, nothing wrong with that.

Guys ive raced with message me saying some nasty stuff , i reply in turn and the vicious circle just keeps going.

Don't reply to those messages, just report them and block the player(s).

I truly want to race clean , if someone is faster than me or more skilled then ill pull over and let them pass, but i wont just give up the spot without a fight, isnt that racing?

Indeed, battle for every position you are capable of fighting for.

But when they just come up and slam you into the wall its a really frustrating expierance,
I want to enjoy F7 but its getting more and more difficult when this type of racing is around.

It's not going to change in the near future.

If it helps, you can try joining private racing clubs and have fun with like-minded players. I run one such club but there are many others available too.

How can we fix this?

We can't as we are only a tiny fraction of the playerbase and the problems are on a fundamental level. It's up to Turn 10 to design and implement systems that ensure that sportsmanlike play is the "best" way to play. All we can do is post comments on the Internet and hope they are listening.

On-track just aim to be a respectful player regardless of how unsportsmanlike others will be.
#631 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 9:08:20 AM(UTC)
can we just have ghost lobbies or something? All people do is hotlap and not race anyway
#632 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 10:47:56 PM(UTC)
Or just a thought here guys and gals.... Why not go back to forza Motorsport 4 where you have privately made lobbies that were made public? It solves a lot of problems IMO... A wrecker enters your lobby just kick him.... Easy as that.
#633 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 10:52:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jjosephhh Go to Quoted Post
I can't agree with this more. Lapped cars have to be ghosted. This is an easy fix, and they HAVE to implement it.

Basically every hopper I have ever been in has had at least one idiot that deliberately hangs back and hacks/crashes out cars. This is usually after they've tried to crash cars on lap 1.

T10 need to implement this feature in hoppers and the league races. We can only wait and hope that they do.

This is the BEST solution I've seen. I had my messaging privileges and posting privileges on this site revoked because I cussed a guy out for doing that to me in a league race. I was on the last lap about to win the race, he wipes me out and sent a very vulgar message to him. He reported me and I get suspended. How come he didnt get any punishment? Its not fair! It can easily be avoided but its like they dont care to fixt the problem

When that happens to me, here’s what I like to do.... I send them one word: “why?”

This does two things, 1. if they respond, and occasionally they do, I can report the profanity. 2. if at some point they do it again and I see that I sent them a “why?” then I know I’m dealing with a serial griefer.
#634 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 4:32:36 PM(UTC)
How i feel playing forza motor sport 7 online.

https://youtu.be/5JDpAIsSWIU
#635 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 6:53:44 PM(UTC)
Due to the amount of wrecking and general bugs still present, I'm done with Forza 7. I gave it long enough and frankly it has not delivered fast enough.

Give us ghosted cars.
Give us the track limits.

We need this to make the game PLAYABLE.
 2 users liked this post.
#636 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:33:33 AM(UTC)
Just had a new situation happen last night. In the first turn someone rammed me at full throttle, that caused me to ram the person ahead of me. Not knowing that I shoved into them, that person proceeded to ram me for the entirety of the race. Its really becoming hard to enjoy the game when these kinds of things happen
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track
 3 users liked this post.
#637 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:45:30 AM(UTC)
Multiplayer should be played more like a "track day" and less like a racing series. To all of those who self penalize, wait to re-enter a track after going wide, and give a clear passing lane when you realize you are indeed the slower vehicle at the moment; THANK YOU! Sharing the track with you does give one hope.
#638 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:02:24 PM(UTC)
I just picked this game up a few weeks ago and it's my first Forza game ever, needless to say I am not the fastest person on the track. I'm usually somewhere around last place, honestly. One of my friends who I play with has been playing since at least Forza Motorsport 4 so I've learned from him that if I cause an accident, to pull over and allow the player I rammed to get back on the track ahead of me, and that is what I have been doing.

Literally only been playing a few months and I have this kind of courtesy towards other players, meanwhile veterans (I check a lot of people's profiles when they start ramming me off the road to see what their reputation is, what games they have been playing, etc.) seem to think that ramming me off the track because I'm slow is somehow good etiquette. I even messaged a guy the other day about him ramming me off the track in a turn, his response was "ur slow pay back". This is a guy whose profile shows that he's been playing since Motorsport 3 and has higher than 60% achievements in all these games..

Another thing I'd like to point out is that I've put at least 100 hours in online races since I got the game, and I have yet to see a single racer flagged with either a Turn 10 or a Marshall symbol. To me it feels like the game is not being moderated at all, and that a lot of the veteran community is rather toxic. Don't get me wrong, there is probably 10-15 respectful racers for every 2 or 3 that ram me, but literally every day that I play this becomes a problem, and I find myself constantly reporting dirty racing instead of changing cars or tuning.

I do enjoy the game, but unless they actually start doing something about all the griefing I wouldn't recommend anyone I know to get it. Maybe they need to recruit more Marshalls, or even add in some kind of automated system. How hard can it be to detect if a car slams into you full speed without even bothering to use their brakes?
 1 user liked this post.
#639 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:51:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mushufasa87 Go to Quoted Post
I just picked this game up a few weeks ago and it's my first Forza game ever, needless to say I am not the fastest person on the track. I'm usually somewhere around last place, honestly.

We all have to start somewhere. I had a similar experience in F1 1997 but after a decade with different games I was battling towards the front from Forza Motorsport 4 onwards.

One of my friends who I play with has been playing since at least Forza Motorsport 4 so I've learned from him that if I cause an accident, to pull over and allow the player I rammed to get back on the track ahead of me, and that is what I have been doing.

That's good etiquette, and your friend is a good person for spreading the word.

Literally only been playing a few months and I have this kind of courtesy towards other players, meanwhile veterans (I check a lot of people's profiles when they start ramming me off the road to see what their reputation is, what games they have been playing, etc.) seem to think that ramming me off the track because I'm slow is somehow good etiquette.

Different people have different mindsets. Some prefer to win at all costs, or fall back on the fact that the game doesn't have a penalty system, which suggests they can do what they want.

I even messaged a guy the other day about him ramming me off the track in a turn, his response was "ur slow pay back". This is a guy whose profile shows that he's been playing since Motorsport 3 and has higher than 60% achievements in all these games..

Playing time and experience does not always equate to sportsmanlike play if a player hasn't been practicing such behavior throughout. Ignore the griefers and focus on setting a good example regardless of your pace level. You may not see obvious rewards but some players are influenced by what they see on-track, and if they see a respectful racer they may begin to follow suit.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that I've put at least 100 hours in online races since I got the game, and I have yet to see a single racer flagged with either a Turn 10 or a Marshall symbol.

I suspect most Turn 10 staff aren't actively playing during working hours, and those you do see online are doing so in their spare time when they are not "working".

Marshals are present in the Hoppers and do kick/report players, but with so many concurrent lobbies they can't cover them all. Also, the displaying of Marshal badges and Driver gear is optional; some like to make their presence felt, others prefer to work undercover so that they're not targeted with hate mail.

Don't get me wrong, there is probably 10-15 respectful racers for every 2 or 3 that ram me, but literally every day that I play this becomes a problem, and I find myself constantly reporting dirty racing instead of changing cars or tuning.

It's not a fun environment when this happens, but sadly it's a fundamental issue with how the game has been structured. Players are not educated on "best racing practices" so unfortunately we cannot expect them to play in a sportsmanlike manner.

I do enjoy the game, but unless they actually start doing something about all the griefing I wouldn't recommend anyone I know to get it.

I'm a die-hard Forza fan and can hold my own in Hoppers, but I wouldn't recommend them to a new player in their current state. Private racing clubs can be fun if you find the right one, but the "sit down and race" experience isn't all that great.

Maybe they need to [...] add in some kind of automated system. How hard can it be to detect if a car slams into you full speed without even bothering to use their brakes?

Turn 10 has publicly mentioned that an automated system is in development, the recent Track Limits overhaul was the first step towards that.

It's not a simple thing to implement however and even games with months/years of experience with such systems have to tweak them regularly in response to emerging playstyles.
 2 users liked this post.
#640 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:16:10 AM(UTC)
Upgrades are the reason why people smash others out in Forza 'Motorsport' 7.

You are in the same car as the person who keeps winning, using the same setup they are apparently using and you are being lapped by them! That's why people get annoyed and smash others out.

Imagine a racing game that only has race cars in it.. From the very first race car ever made to the contemporary race cars of today. Classic race tracks in there original configurations along with the changes made to them throughout the eras. It could be as easy as Forza Motorsport 7... without the upgrades and street cars.

Forza is a brand; Forza Horizon is the perfect place for upgrades and street cars. It is also the perfect place for drifting and drag racing. It is so perfect for upgrades, drifting and drag racing that you could map out the race tracks to be part of the map, drive too the track.

Forza Motorsport could easily become the greatest racing game ever made by dropping the street cars, upgrades and credits.
 1 user liked this post.
#641 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:47:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hunt Lauda Go to Quoted Post

You are in the same car as the person who keeps winning, using the same setup they are apparently using and you are being lapped by them! That's why people get annoyed and smash others out.

So skill gap is the reason for crashing people? Sounds to me like upgrades aren’t the problem at all but unskilled players getting mad they can’t keep up.

They fast guys lapping people would be lapping people with or without upgrades/tuning. Go into cycled division or a spec league where everyone is forced into the same cars and you’ll still see people 10-15 seconds a lap slower and getting lapped because they’re not good at the game.

IMO the only time upgrades cause trouble is when a speed build and a handling build are racing close to each other and the handling car rear ending the speed because he can brake way later.

Bottom line is if you’re using the same car and tune as the guy lapping you...don’t get mad you suck but practice more.
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
#642 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:43:37 PM(UTC)
I believe that skill gap is in a way a contributor to crashes. You have people of all different skill levels all in one lobby. Even if no one gets mad and smashes the leaders when they're a lap down, accidents still happen. There's less room for error than people think in races. Sometimes, barely missing the braking point of a turn or straying off the racing line by just one centimeter is enough to cause a multi-car pile up.
 1 user liked this post.
#643 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:07:01 PM(UTC)
What is stopping people from taking what we call an "Armani" tune (one by a well known tuner like a JSRLeeCampbell or something) that is just as good as the guy winning. A tune alone will not make you awesome anyway. You still need the skill to drive it. People need to calm down, drive carefully, be aware of what is happening around them, do not take ridiculous chances like diving into someone's line cause they left you an inch (cars are big), and don't go crazy cause someone tapped you and nothing happened because of it. Most important, you need to know your own limitations. I don't go into Endurance GT with a lobby full of aliens thinking I have a chance to podium. Look I have a hard time dealing with it. My rhythm is everything and if it gets broken over and over, I'm done, frustrated and will go back to some ghost event. There are accidents too, I knocked some poor FACR guy off the track yesterday. My mistake and my bad, too late on the brakes but he didn't attack me after, It happens. It could have been the guy in front of him made a mistake and it's a chain affect. I ran right into the back of him, I just couldn't slow the car enough. Hairpin at Homestead road. To top it off a guy driving like a maniac constantly trying to pass anywhere and not having the speed to do it, drifting around sometimes, taking chances he didn't have near the skill to pull off, finished me. I quit after that. Complete waste of time. This was D class for heavens sake. We were like in mid pack not fighting for podiums. No need for that kind of aggressive driving. Does it matter that much coming in 6th or 5th? lol I thought of this

Iceman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 21, 2018 8:34:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#644 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:38:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hunt Lauda Go to Quoted Post

Imagine a racing game that only has race cars in it.. From the very first race car ever made to the contemporary race cars of today. Classic race tracks in there original configurations along with the changes made to them throughout the eras. It could be as easy as Forza Motorsport 7... without the upgrades and street cars.

Forza is a brand; Forza Horizon is the perfect place for upgrades and street cars. It is also the perfect place for drifting and drag racing. It is so perfect for upgrades, drifting and drag racing that you could map out the race tracks to be part of the map, drive too the track.

Forza Motorsport could easily become the greatest racing game ever made by dropping the street cars, upgrades and credits.

I have to disagree. The racing and upgrades in Forza Motorsport are more like club racing than street racing. Upgrades are probably the most loved feature of Forza Motorsport games and taking them away would kill the franchise. Only need to look at the reaction to homologation in the early days of FM7.

#645 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 12:10:07 AM(UTC)
Lol, club racing is strictly homologated here in the UK thr upgrades are more like the max power era. Hunt Lauda got it right, we need a clear split between Forza horizon style upgrades and tuning, and a racing car only version.

#646 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:26:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeskethHunt Go to Quoted Post
Lol, club racing is strictly homologated here in the UK thr upgrades are more like the max power era. Hunt Lauda got it right, we need a clear split between Forza horizon style upgrades and tuning, and a racing car only version.

Which wouldn't change a thing regarding the topic of this thread. Crashers would still remain crashers, slow people would still be slow and racing accidents would still happen. Different builds only cause some problems if very opposite ones battle each other on a comparable skill level.
Just play the stock hopper in leagues and you'll still see people being 5-10 seconds faster per lap than others.
The only solution is a regulation system that has superior ghosting methods (for lapped cars, higher speed differences) and penalties for track limit violations and intentionally crashing.

Taking tuning&upgrades away wouldn't affect the problems at all, only limiting gameplay options and fun in the game. Experimenting with builds and finding ones who are oddballs but still work is extremely fun. Currently running my 400 km/h XJ220 non-aero S-class build on every track and even though all parameters indicate that the car is ludicrously overpowered it works on most of them. And winning on Sebring, Laguna Seca, Spa or the Nordschleife in this thing against the usual Exige S, F50 or Vipers is just satisfying. A Forza without these kind of options is one I wouldn't buy.
#647 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:54:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeskethHunt Go to Quoted Post

I say we keep the upgrade system as is. Instead FIX the P.I. so that any two cars could be tuned to have the same power to weight ratio and friction coefficient and end up at the same P.I. value. To see what I mean, try tuning an Evo X or 2005 Subaru Legacy GT to a class of your choice and directly after that, try tuning an Oldsmobile 442 or Catfish Camaro to the same P.I. . Pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

If the cars didn't have such bias towards how they're rated, maybe there wouldn't have been such a cavernous difference between one car's potential and the next.
#648 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:37:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
...drive carefully, be aware of what is happening around them, do not take ridiculous chances like diving into someone's line cause they left you an inch (cars are big), and don't go crazy cause someone tapped you and nothing happened because of it. Most important, you need to know your own limitations ... There are accidents too, I knocked some poor FACR guy off the track yesterday. My mistake and my bad, too late on the brakes but he didn't attack me after, It happens. It could have been the guy in front of him made a mistake and it's a chain affect. I ran right into the back of him, I just couldn't slow the car enough.

This is why I hope the penalty system is at least an option in Free Play / Campaign. People (including myself) need to be taught that being greedy and trying to take lines that are dangerous or trying aggressive maneuvers that you can't pull off are bad and should not be tolerated.

I've had way too many crashes where someone takes a line they shouldn't have and it ends badly for everyone. If there were severe consequences for making dangerous moves like that, I think most people would avoid trying it.
#649 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:55:05 PM(UTC)
Please put back the Ghost Simulation lobby. The 4 year olds can't hurt me and when they crash it ticks them off and makes me happy.
#650 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 2:33:47 AM(UTC)
So 25 pages of this and no solution or change.
28 Pages<<2425262728PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error