28 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
 11 users liked this post.
#226 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 7:25:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Snowowl Go to Quoted Post
Complaining here does no good, but everyone can help out:

Report offenders through the Xbox Dashboard in People/Find Someone for Unsportsmanlike play. Those reports go to the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team (PET) and when they ban, they suspend the offender from Live itself, not just a single game.

You are the witness (or victim) of the poor sportsmanship, so report it. Doing so takes less time than posting a complaint here, and the PET folks are staffed to observe and instantly ban the wreckers.

You have been a moderator of these boards for years Snowowl and while you are correct, these people can be reported through the built-in "report" function you're forgetting a few key points that the community is making.

- There is a bug in the game that will cause player names to no longer appear over their cars during races, only their icon. This makes reporting people hard.
- When you are focused on not hitting the guy in front of you coming into a turn, it's difficult if not near impossible to catch the car that blasts you at 130mph.
- People that never leave the starting line from either lagging out, crashing or quitting before the race are no longer ghosted.
- Racing in multiplayer crashes the game on Xbox after 3 or 4 races anyway.
- Hopper trolls have been around since Forza 2 and only gotten worse over the last 10 years. Doing nothing is not a solution. Other games boot/kick/ban trolls, griefers and cheaters. T10 is curiously cool with it and the damage it causes to the community.

The above items below are legitimate issues and until they are fixed, multiplayer is unplayable anymore.

Scott

Edited by user Friday, October 20, 2017 7:25:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#227 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 8:32:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Snowowl Go to Quoted Post
Report offenders through the Xbox Dashboard in People/Find Someone for Unsportsmanlike play. Those reports go to the Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team (PET) and when they ban, they suspend the offender from Live itself, not just a single game.

Originally Posted by: norco007 Go to Quoted Post
I played the A class hopper last night and in every single race and lobby some kid was driving around in a race truck or a limo just smashing everyone the entire time....... I was so tilted last night I was about to uninstall the game and find some other racing game with maybe a better online driving experience. I went to go play in the hot hatch ghosted lobby and I could actually race without worrying about the trucks or crash kids in general. Maybe we need more ghosted lobbies?

Reporting does not address the overall problem. You can report all you want. And some of those players mighta actually get a ban. But as long as the ability to “troll”, ”grief”or whatever term you want to users there. There will be somebody there to do so. And the ones doing it don’t care if they’re reported or banned. They probably have other gamer tags they use to play normally.

Case in point. In a room a few nights ago. Guy kept hanging back to go a lap down and wreck the leaders. 5 or 6 of us actually able to communicate through voice chat asked all to vote kick and report him. After 4 races of complaining,voting to kick,having him send each of us messages with a 💪 emoji and Ha Ha Ha,you cant stop me. I decided to leave for another lobby. Only to find someone else was doing the same thing there.
I’ve been in lobbies where two or three were openly communicating on how they were ramming off the leaders and which spot on the track,etc. it’s fun to them.
Turn 10 addressed the problem of backwards drivers. But they refuse to do anything about lapped,”griefers”.Evidently trolls are a large segment of the purchasing community that Turn 10 doesn’t want to lose.....
 1 user liked this post.
#228 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 4:06:03 AM(UTC)
I tried the multiplayer for the first time last night and it was really frustrating to constantly get rammed, mostly intentionally as far as I can tell, by other players. At this point in time multiplayer is (almost) unplayable.

Since Turn 10 announced the adjudication system in June, but thus far has not lived up to this announcement, I have startet a petition to implement the announced feature:
[Mod Edit - Petition links not allowed - D]
Since a link is not allowed: Just search for Forza 7 on gopetition.com

Please sign it - maybe we can get their attention in this way. While the penalty system in Gran Turismo Sport is far from perfect, at least Polyphony has tried to something to support sportsmanship and to my mind we can expect Turn 10 to do the same.

Best, Michael

Edited by user Monday, October 23, 2017 11:13:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#229 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:26:41 AM(UTC)
Some moron just tried to crash me, missed and ran into a wall. This is so cringe. Not to mention all the times that people actually crash eachother. So over multiplayer until they hand out hardware bans.
I wanna go fast
 1 user liked this post.
#230 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:06:07 AM(UTC)
now in drift lobbyes there is always 1 o 2 stupid kids that are there just for ramming people ( usually with SUV or Formula 1 style cars ), yes voted per kick out and used the user feedback of xbox live but nothing changed... i really hate that stupid kids
 1 user liked this post.
#231 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:08:16 AM(UTC)
So, here's the launch trailer:

https://youtu.be/QITXLdS3eW0?t=70

That Prague clip? It basically encourages dirty driving, along with a "well, that's the way it is" reaction post-race.

6 users liked this post.
#232 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:00:42 PM(UTC)
Not a single race today (and there has been many) has been without the following:

- Corner cutters
- Crashers
- Loud and obnoxious people
- Verbaly insulting people
- Players who think they're better than they are and then get mad at you trying to teach them or give them tips.
- In general bad drivers
- Thinking: "Burnout Paradise is probably more fun right now"

Where did the real racers go?
Where did common sense and common fun go?

"yes I know I could just look for groups that play more seriously, but non of them fit my time schedule atm"
 3 users liked this post.
#233 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:04:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RANDPLAYER Go to Quoted Post
Not a single race today (and there has been many) has been without the following:

- Corner cutters
- Crashers
- Players who think they're better than they are and then get mad at you trying to teach them or give them tips.
- In general bad drivers

"yes I know I could just look for groups that play more seriously, but non of them fit my time schedule atm"

I just wanted to throw it out there that the Burnout series was/is awesome as is Project Gotham. :)

Back in the days of no bugs, no glitches, no online, just damn good gaming.
#234 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:24:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NitroDrift DK Go to Quoted Post
now in drift lobbyes there is always 1 o 2 stupid kids that are there just for ramming people ( usually with SUV or Formula 1 style cars ), yes voted per kick out and used the user feedback of xbox live but nothing changed... i really hate that stupid kids

I have been getting lucky with my drift lobbies, people are going out of the way when spinning out or wait besides the track till people are passing by. I am doing the same thing and will most likely motivate other drivers to do the same thing.

If only it didn't take so long to get in a (new) lobby, it would have been so much better. Just getting annoyed if i have to wait like 5 minutes before i can join the next race, can't hop to many as well or my whole game crashes when the race start :-).
#235 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 3:22:43 PM(UTC)
sometimes i find good lobbyes sometimes with that kids.. the thing is that if they are kick voted they stay there...
 1 user liked this post.
#236 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:20:33 AM(UTC)

- Corner cutters
- Crashers
- In general bad drivers

Therein lies the problem. Since the hoppers were introduced, any "real racers" I know started out racing in private rooms only, and most of those people have moved on to other games. The way I used to get around scheduling it a bit was to do hotlapping in Rivals and compete that way with some friends. Was fun to build to a spec and see how you held up, but now they've junked that too.
#237 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:31:55 AM(UTC)
Its unbelievable that a game like Forza does not have some kind of penalty system or skill system in place, its frigging 2017 people.

- Corner cutters
- Crashers
- In general bad drivers

This is exactly what i experienced last night, 3 guys driving GMC vans and a limo in A hopper class ramming and blocking the racing line. Tried reporting them, guess what i could not report them because an error happened "try again later"......yea sure, left lobby out of frustration just to get into another one where the exact same thing is happening.

So far the only lobby i got lucky in was the drift lobby, but as much as i like drifting i bought this game to race. Hate non collision races, but i am almost hoping that they return as they existed in FH3.

Edited by user Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:33:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#238 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:50:41 AM(UTC)
Can anyone actually finish a race online? usually when you get to a few laps remaining it just disconnects straight away, what a waste of money paying for the deluxe edition.
#239 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:49:32 PM(UTC)
please make all online racing no contact. evey time i try to race online everyone starts smashing and crashing everyone and i can't get any hire than dead last. i don't have to win all the time but the constant wrecking is sucking the fun out of the game😠. off line its a blast🙂. please fix the online racing. i know not everyone is like this some race very clean why can't some of the others stop wrecking things for the rest of us
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#240 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 5:56:00 AM(UTC)
It helps to anticipate who's going to try and do what. I'm not the good but I always finish mid pack or higher, even won a few and several podiums.
#241 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:12:25 AM(UTC)
There is a ghost lobby.

Racing like that is boring,might as well just have hot lapping only at that point.
#242 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:23:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MEDIC 1 Go to Quoted Post
There is a ghost lobby.

Racing like that is boring,might as well just have hot lapping only at that point.

I love a good battle with someone who can drives. But at times its impossible to find this. I prefer ghosts racing to racing with idiots.
#243 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:25:14 AM(UTC)
This is one lobby ghost, but it's a horrible division IMO. had it been a bethere division I would have tried it.
#244 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 3:42:37 PM(UTC)
Here's an example of two people working together to intentionally grief: Griefer clip The first guy is lapped in a 2 lap race, and is just waiting for me to show up so he can block me. The other guy then proceeds to ram me from behind. They are both using the same name prefix, so I assume they are friends. (I probably should've swerved to the right or left instead of trying to brake early against the second guy, but I derped in the heat of the moment.)

My question to Turn10 is; what are you doing to combat this kind of behavior in multiplayer? I think most of us just want clean racing, but it's incredibly difficult when there seem to be no repercussions for intentionally ruining someone's race.

I do play the ghost lobby sometimes, but I don't always want to race in the same division.

Edited by user Sunday, October 29, 2017 4:05:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#245 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 4:04:06 PM(UTC)
I was in the A class hopper this afternoon and my god was it a disaster. One **** in a Daytona Hemi Charger with the worst livery I have ever seen just running around hitting everything he could, swerving all over the place not even trying to make it look like he was following a racing line of any consequence. Luckily I was taken out early in the race and had time to recoup started in 9th after first corner 24th then fought my way back to 11th only to be spun out again, by then we were only 17 left so I was 17th fought my way to finish in 3rd. There was at least 3 spots on the track where the griefers seemed to be waiting in the weeds so to speak and thankfully on the last lap they had done their carnage and were ghosted by the time I got to those areas but I had passed 2-4 cars at each of the griefer spots... it has been said to death but there needs to be some sort of penalty for intentional griefer to be dealt with...
#246 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 4:06:15 PM(UTC)
Yawn........................different game same complaint....... it will never ever be resolved...... join subscription base racer like iracing if you want any hope of consistantly good racing... it wont happen,mark my words... never
 1 user liked this post.
#247 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:25:47 AM(UTC)
I've been waiting for the FM7 leagues to come online since in FM6 I pretty much exclusively raced in the league hoppers because I got to know the other racers in the elite division and to be careful of new racers I didn't know until I saw how they raced. In my experience the league hoppers we MUCH more sane than the open multiplayer hoppers and seemed like they were T10's try to give the more serious racers a play to find other like minded individuals. There were still the occasional cutter and crasher but to a much lesser degree than the open multiplayer hoppers. My hope is that T10 refines the system that is used to rate racers to place them in their division so that the you only move up to higher levels as you stay on the track more and don't have excessive contact with other drivers. I think this would solve most of people complaints by giving a public place to race with similar racers in without having to create private lobbies and coordinate with others. There still is the problem in FM7 that you get flagged with a dirty lap if you get closer than I think 20-30 feet of the car ahead of you so drafting is a no-go if you want a clean lap.
#248 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:38:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mudtrucks 4life Go to Quoted Post
please make all online racing no contact. evey time i try to race online everyone starts smashing and crashing everyone and i can't get any hire than dead last. i don't have to win all the time but the constant wrecking is sucking the fun out of the game😠. off line its a blast🙂. please fix the online racing. i know not everyone is like this some race very clean why can't some of the others stop wrecking things for the rest of us

Perhaps 6 months of all public hoppers being ghosted might get rid of all of these griefers by boring them to death. Plus it would give enough time to get the bugs and disconnections fixed.
Otherwise, just rename the game to Forza CRASHsport and be done with it. I will be sticking to single player or private races until these idiots move on to ruin the next new release on Xbox. Hopefully leagues when released won't be overrun by the trolls!
#249 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:05:01 PM(UTC)
Here's a thought...

Why not kick or give a 10 second penalty to the driver who hits another and causes a certain amount of G-forces to register or above say 50mph?

What about also giving you time penalties - 5 seconds, if you make an illegal move every three times?

The multiplayer hoppers are a mess of noobs or persons who are just out to run you off the track. This is absolute madness!

My 7 cents . . .
#250 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:23:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pat7267 Go to Quoted Post
Here's a thought...

Why not kick or give a 10 second penalty to the driver who hits another and causes a certain amount of G-forces to register or above say 50mph?

What about also giving you time penalties - 5 seconds, if you make an illegal move every three times?

The multiplayer hoppers are a mess of noobs or persons who are just out to run you off the track. This is absolute madness!

My 7 cents . . .

Supposedly reporting players is supposed to start lumping the bad drivers together.
Much like GTA Online does with the cheaters.

Problem with that is 99% of the people don't vote to kick or report others, and as of now the in race menu is so laggy it makes that a pita.
28 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error