This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
28 Pages123>>Next
 18 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:56:02 AM(UTC)
... online regulations. I want to keep this thread simple: The only reason for me to buy this game is, if they finally integrate regulations for online play. I know, it won't be a 100% simulation. But it won't be playable online aswell, if the players rampage into each other in the first corner in every race. People might say now - 'don't play online, just play with your friends'. That's not an argument at all imo. So I would love to get some support about this.

Thanks! 1114

Edited by user Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:22:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Mod Edit: title clarity. MM

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:00:00 AM(UTC)
http://www.motorworldhyp...h-dan-greenawalt-video/

Some of your questions are answered here. From the sounds of it we'll have the same system as in Forza Motorsport 6.

We don't know how Leagues are set up in this game yet, but from the looks of it Hoppers will be the same "Wild West" as before.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:04:32 AM(UTC)
Believe me. Everybody talks about this. Constantly. On the forums, YouTube, everywhere. So to say no one talks about it, I'm not exactly sure how you got to that conclusion.
"You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house"
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:18:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
http://www.motorworldhype.com/2017/06/e3-2017-forza-motorsport-7-interview-with-dan-greenawalt-video/

Some of your questions are answered here. From the sounds of it we'll have the same system as in Forza Motorsport 6.

We don't know how Leagues are set up in this game yet, but from the looks of it Hoppers will be the same "Wild West" as before.

I found that interview right after i sent this thread. Well this is a real bummer.

Originally Posted by: Crimson Gungnir Go to Quoted Post
Believe me. Everybody talks about this. Constantly. On the forums, YouTube, everywhere. So to say no one talks about it, I'm not exactly sure how you got to that conclusion.

Yeah well I did read such threads. You are right! But they are too scarce for my taste. And somehow this hasn't been said enough, because it seems like nothing is going to change, if PJTierney is right with his answer. This is just sad. I admit I am not the biggest Forza player and especially for that reason. Long time ago in GT, I was able to randomly drive online and make friends. Never could achieve this in Forza. Just got kicked out of the way and received an offense. Thanks for your answers tho!
 9 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:51:47 PM(UTC)
Turn 10 should be a very lazy team if they will not do rating system. It's a shame
 8 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:10:02 PM(UTC)
If anti wrecking and corner cutting deterrents aren't in the base game ( which is the logical conclusion based on Dan's comments) then it doesn't matter how leagues are set up structurally. It will still be a wreck fest and I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Let's hope Project Cars has their gamepad issues sorted.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:34:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:42:11 PM(UTC)
Dont know if someone postet this already: https://ar12gaming.com/a...es/forza-7-adjudication

When asked about how Turn 10 plans to tackle the issues that plague online play in Forza Motorsport 6, Giese said the new Adjudication System in Forza Motorsport 7 will penalize players who cut corners, crash out other players, or do something else that could potentially give you an advantage or wouldn’t be considered sportsmanship. These penalties will see the game “take you down,” Giese said, revealing that players who cheat or race unclean could face added time on to their final lap and race total, or have their result marked as ‘dirty’ in Rivals.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:44:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 4:38:40 PM(UTC)
Not a good penality system. Crasher don't care about lap times or rivial times. And most of them cant run good times anyway. So whats the point, T10 can do better than this but wont because they are afraid of losing customers. $$$$$$$$
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
 8 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:46:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JoeDiesle Go to Quoted Post
Not a good penality system. Crasher don't care about lap times or rivial times. And most of them cant run good times anyway. So whats the point, T10 can do better than this but wont because they are afraid of losing customers. $$$$$$$$

Sad but true, I highly doubt we'll ever get custom public lobbies again which would fix pretty much everything
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:31:26 PM(UTC)
I don't think searchable custom public lobbies would have any effect on the desire to jump in to a hopper.

Dan talks about strict track boundaries at the 12th minute in this interview with Shacknews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQmqKQi7ksk
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:28:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: That Ninja 171 Go to Quoted Post

Sad but true, I highly doubt we'll ever get custom public lobbies again which would fix pretty much everything

There is a new feature in xbox live: looking for group. thats the new "open private Lobbys" feature. I tried it multiple time and it works great. But... as always there are some idiots. but that problem is the same with puplic private Lobbys.

A cool thing would be if someone is marked when he has overall 1 minute penaltiy time. So you can see he is a crasher or cheater.
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:44:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GURK3NS3PP Go to Quoted Post
Dont know if someone postet this already: https://ar12gaming.com/a...es/forza-7-adjudication

When asked about how Turn 10 plans to tackle the issues that plague online play in Forza Motorsport 6, Giese said the new Adjudication System in Forza Motorsport 7 will penalize players who cut corners, crash out other players, or do something else that could potentially give you an advantage or wouldn’t be considered sportsmanship. These penalties will see the game “take you down,” Giese said, revealing that players who cheat or race unclean could face added time on to their final lap and race total, or have their result marked as ‘dirty’ in Rivals.

Okay, that's a little reassuring.

Need to see it in action or learn more about how it works before passing judgement however.
 3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:07:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I don't think searchable custom public lobbies would have any effect on the desire to jump in to a hopper.

Sorry what now? With searchable public lobbies a lot of us would never go near a class hopper ever again.

2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:13:04 AM(UTC)
Looking for groups is rubbish and is no way a replacement for custom searchable lobbies. What happens when u gather your group and they start going to bed your lobby dies. Custom searchable lobbies is part of the solution along with a penalty system that the host can customise.

The news article from ar12 is extremely promising. I never expected t10 to go to extreme with a penalty system, I'm thinking of fm7 as fm6.1 a test for fm8 which will be the pinnicle of the xbox one titles imo. But never the less they have clearly taken our ideas on board, they have actually listened and are taking action. It's just baby steps at the moment.
 8 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:54:02 AM(UTC)
With custom lobbies, cant the host kick out the driver making problems like it was in Forza 4.......that's what we need here!!!!!!!!!!
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:11:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GURK3NS3PP Go to Quoted Post

Okay, that's a little reassuring.

Need to see it in action or learn more about how it works before passing judgement however.

It'll work for those drivers driving dirty to win.

This will not change those who want to cause mayhem because they can. The end race result is nothing they care about. Fortunately the penalties mentioned may result in much cleaner races most of the time.

Overall it seems that details on this will come out later since "crashing out players" covers all motivation types.
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:01:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

This will not change those who want to cause mayhem because they can. The end race result is nothing they care about.

Yeah time penalties are all well and good but they won't do much to the person that wants to go car bowling at Turn 1, park up at Turn 2 and wait for the leaders to lap him before he DNFs.

Anyway, let's wait and see. Some penalties are better than none afterall.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:13:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

This will not change those who want to cause mayhem because they can. The end race result is nothing they care about.

Yeah time penalties are all well and good but they won't do much to the person that wants to go car bowling at Turn 1, park up at Turn 2 and wait for the leaders to lap him before he DNFs.

Anyway, let's wait and see. Some penalties are better than none afterall.

100% agree. Many do care about where they place, but will learn quick to drive clean if they want to finish well.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:20:44 AM(UTC)
This is good news imo... yes it won't stop the guy who wants to deliberately trigger everyone in the race by using his car as a bulldozer but hopefully a stronger vote to kick system might help us out there but as of yet they've said nothing on improvemts in the department. I would also like this adjudication system to be implemented offline as well. It's too easy spinning out a drivatar and not having to pay the consequences and vice versa.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:23:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 11:20:11 AM(UTC)
I can understand their view that offline you can play however you want. It's no business of mine if someone want to smash they're way through the game.

I'm only really interested in the tweaks they've made to online racing. There have been two or three things alluded to that sound like a step in the right direction but it's far too early to speculate whether or not these things will have a positive impact.

Here's hoping.

On balance, the game looks more than good enough to justify a pre-order - three of my all time favourite tracks are back :)
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 11:56:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
I can understand their view that offline you can play however you want. It's no business of mine if someone want to smash they're way through the game.

I'm only really interested in the tweaks they've made to online racing. There have been two or three things alluded to that sound like a step in the right direction but it's far too early to speculate whether or not these things will have a positive impact.

Here's hoping.

On balance, the game looks more than good enough to justify a pre-order - three of my all time favourite tracks are back :)

The only reason I feel that penalties would be a good idea offline is it would train and make players learn to race cleanly before coming online, however I do agree with you're vision of "offline you can play however you want". An option to have penalties offline would be optimal personally.

And yes this game of fully worthy of a pre-order to me. Mugello, Maple Valley and Suzuka are great tracks. Still praying for Twin-Ring Motegi so hopefully that will be revealed.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:46:23 PM(UTC)
I agree time penalties will make minimum impact on the ones that just want to wreck. It won't make much difference on the track cutters either cause they cut to win. They don't care about time. It wouldn't stop the first turn wreck but one idea would be to make everyone not on the lead lap ghosted so guys can't wait to wreck people. Any improvements would be better the wild west as someone put it that we have now.
 4 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 11:13:28 PM(UTC)
What about when a player earns that said "dirty" title, they can only join lobbies with others' with the same title. Clean player lobbies, and moron lobbies.
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 9:56:22 AM(UTC)
Okay okay... I started this topic and I really have to say, this issue is more complicated than I ever imagined. I personally like the idea to have a penalty system in singleplayer. Those are just the rules of the game. Something you would learn first in singleplayer, to use it later in multiplayer. But this would just help a little I guess. The really most efficient way seems to be a custom lobby. Kick the player or better - ban the player from your lobby - like when you play the game one week later and that guy randomly comes back, he won't be able to join that one lobby of that one lobby leader. To be efficient, you could share your 'ban list' with your friends so there shouldn't be the same lobby leader all the time while 'keeping your lobby clean'. On the other hand, there are sooo many players out there...
#25 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 10:36:30 AM(UTC)

Are you sure about that? If it knocks down their race total times they will lose spots and finish lower.

-k
28 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error