This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
95 Pages<<9192939495PrevNext
#2301 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 7:33:00 PM(UTC)
Reading the setup on the support page seems so show that it may be different than horizon 4. Increasing caster angle increases the mechanical trail or it may be the other trail as well and there is a new option 'road feel' which is the added feel of bumps and curbs. Sounds promising but we will find out tomorrow.
#2302 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 8:04:57 PM(UTC)
I'd love it if the new FFB makes steering wheels easy enough to use so they become as fast as gamepads.

Right now I need to resist the temptation to launch FM7 with my wheel connected, and just do PCARS or F1 20XX instead.
 1 user liked this post.
#2303 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 8:13:30 PM(UTC)
Will post my thoughts and impressions as soon as I possibly can Baby Cow, looking at the new settings that are coming though they look like they address the issues I have with FH4 FFB. So im going to take a stab and say that it will be FH4 FFB with added adjustability of certain settings/FFB attributes (align torque scale, mechanical torque scale, pneumatic torque scale and road feel scale)
#2304 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:21:43 AM(UTC)
I was reluctant to buy FM7 but to my surprise I’ve actually been enjoying it. It’s not perfect but definitely one of the better ones imo, I can’t wait to hear what you guys think about it and hope it’s an improvement.
Thrustmaster TX on a homemade wooden frame on Xbox one

40" Samsung TV on a Slider to adjust for using dash view

#2305 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:42:31 AM(UTC)
For what it's worth, I've been happier with FH4 FFB than FM7 FFB since FH4 released.

I've also been driving FH4 back to back with RaceRoom Racing Experience and very easily transition between one to the other.

Caveat is that I only enjoy driving on road in FH4 (dirt is ok too). Driving off road with my wheel configuration is not enjoyable, just like R3E.

So I'm hoping FM7 will feel like I have got FH4 and R3E feeling.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 1 user liked this post.
#2306 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:46:47 AM(UTC)
Only tried for a short while on my t150 pro and it's been very promising. Could easily catch my car on sim steering, road feels good, i understand what's going on with the car. Hell, could even drift the FD cars with sim steering to some degree (given that im bad at drifting) so it feels very good imo.

Some tweaking will obviously be required for every different wheel but that's standard with ffb in any game. Very happy so far.
#2307 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:36:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ShinriOne Go to Quoted Post
Only tried for a short while on my t150 pro and it's been very promising. Could easily catch my car on sim steering, road feels good, i understand what's going on with the car. Hell, could even drift the FD cars with sim steering to some degree (given that im bad at drifting) so it feels very good imo.

Some tweaking will obviously be required for every different wheel but that's standard with ffb in any game. Very happy so far.

Are you using the default settings or have you had to tinker to get to where you are at currently? I haven't had a chance to update yet but I'm really looking forward to trying it.
 1 user liked this post.
#2308 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 1:01:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
For what it's worth, I've been happier with FH4 FFB than FM7 FFB since FH4 released.

I've also been driving FH4 back to back with RaceRoom Racing Experience and very easily transition between one to the other.

Caveat is that I only enjoy driving on road in FH4 (dirt is ok too). Driving off road with my wheel configuration is not enjoyable, just like R3E.

if you think fh4 feels better than fm7 then you have problems. fh4 is terrible in the ffb department
#2309 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 1:48:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: scoobystu123 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post

if you think fh4 feels better than fm7 then you have problems. fh4 is terrible in the ffb department

On the contrary, you have problems. See how easy that is without any context?

I suggest you stop and don't continue to single me out
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#2310 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:01:32 PM(UTC)
I’m a little afraid to see what its like at first. They said in the patch that all your previous wheel settings would be reset. Without any baseline settings to go by that I know work, it might be difficult to get right.

-k
#2311 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 2:51:59 PM(UTC)
Sorry to everyone that had it feeling decent before the update because it's terrible on default settings. I mostly drift but my setup feels pretty good.

Try these for starters
Force feedback scale - 88
Aligning torque - 123
Mech trail - 138
Pneumatic trail - (0-25) Lower the better
Road feel - 22
Wheel damper - 0
Center spring - 0

EDIT: I use sim steering, so I'm not sure how normal feels but before the update I struggled using sim on 720 degrees of rotation but now I can use 900 with no issues.

EDIT 2: Reduced pneumatic trail to 0. For drifting it's the force that can make the car want to understeer while drifting (straighten up)

NOTE: using fanatec clubsport v2 base

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:19:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2312 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 4:57:06 PM(UTC)
I really like the default settings. The only thing I changed was the Vibration, which I increased to 56 to get a little more feedback when the wheels are slipping under braking and acceleration. Other than that, the new FFB system makes the game feel so much more alive! Love it!
#2313 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:35:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fizzle Nog Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to everyone that had it feeling decent before the update because it's terrible on default settings. I mostly drift but my setup feels pretty good.

Try these for starters
Force feedback scale - 88
Aligning torque - 123
Mech trail - 138
Pneumatic trail - (0-25) Lower the better
Road feel - 22
Wheel damper - 0
Center spring - 0

EDIT: I use sim steering, so I'm not sure how normal feels but before the update I struggled using sim on 720 degrees of rotation but now I can use 900 with no issues.

EDIT 2: Reduced pneumatic trail to 0. For drifting it's the force that can make the car want to understeer while drifting (straighten up)

NOTE: using fanatec clubsport v2 base

Similar experience with the Thrustmaster TX

DOR - 900
Vibration - 15 (canned noise, struggling between the annoyance of curbs & skidding tires tugging on the wheel and a little brake feedback before lockup)
Force feedback scale - 90 (as with previous this will likely need to change with DOR)
Aligning torque - 100
Mech trail - 110 (this is highly dependent on the caster setting of the tune)
Pneumatic trail - 20 (seems to be the one that makes loss of rear traction end in a spin. Is Pneumatic trail getting fed in from the rear tires also?
Road feel - 5 (still playing with this one, never had it so I don't miss it)
Wheel damper - (0-20) 20 is enough to eliminate the instability on straits that I fight with a light grip.
Center spring - 0

It will be interesting if the PC guys can figure out how the signals get scaled together so we can limit clipping.

Is it as simple as:
FFB = 0.9 * ( 1.0 * ( 1.1 * Mechanical + 0.2 * Pneumatic) + 0.15 * Vibration + 0.05 * Road + 0.20 * Damper + 0.0 * Spring )
or is there more normalization going on?
 2 users liked this post.
#2314 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 4:44:36 PM(UTC)
Just done one lap of maple with the Thrustmaster TMX on Xbox One X and im really impressed so far. Please please please bring this to Forza Horizon 4 ASAP. Can't wait to finish work tomorrow and give it a proper play.
Thankyou
 1 user liked this post.
#2315 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 4:50:05 PM(UTC)
I was impressed with the default settings myself too. All I've done so far is remove vibration, damping & centre spring completely & just adjust the rotation. Playing around with other settings too but or of the box the TX is phenomenal.
#2316 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:14:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I was impressed with the default settings myself too. All I've done so far is remove vibration, damping & centre spring completely & just adjust the rotation. Playing around with other settings too but or of the box the TX is phenomenal.

Are you changing the DOR for each different car or using the same setting for each? Also if you don't mind sharing what it is and if you set the TX DOR along with the in game DOR or just change the in game? Apologies for the 20 questions. Trying to find the perfect TX settings. Feeling really good so far.
#2317 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:22:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

Are you changing the DOR for each different car or using the same setting for each? Also if you don't mind sharing what it is and if you set the TX DOR along with the in game DOR or just change the in game? Apologies for the 20 questions. Trying to find the perfect TX settings. Feeling really good so far.

Yeah I've been changing it per car, so I can't give you a set figure. The reason I change it per car is due to different cars having different steering angle. I'd have to look at the dev files of FH3 again to make sure but the lowest steering angle Forza has is 30° I believe & that's used in race cars & track toys. That's quite high a steering angle, especially for race cars like F1, LMP, even GT cars.

As a reference point, I've been finding 780° to be really good in the BMW M8 GTE & 900 on any road car essentially. Might bump the BMW up to 810° to see tonight or even higher but we'll see. At 780° so far, I can drive mid-agression & mid- conservative without over using the tires & be far more consistent with the wheel & my lap times.

As for settings, I'm still trying to dial them in but I'd 100% recommend getting rid of centre spring & vibration entirely. Same goes for damping, though damping is the one "canned" setting that can be useful depending on how you like the wheel to feel. But get rid of the spring & vibration for sure. Default settings for everything else though feels amazing one you **** rid of those 3 settings imo.

Edit: I'm only changing the DOR in game if that helps.

Edited by user Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:24:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2318 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:23:10 PM(UTC)
It may be too early to tell and/or not enough adjustment time, but as of now, I'm not a huge fan of the Dec 2018 FFB update. The handling of just about every one of my cars is now unpredictable, dodgy, and the My Logitech G920/Forza wheel no longer feel like a racing sim - more like a 90's arcade game. I know the advanced settings we're reset after the update, but I'm hoping someone will soon have some recommendations to improve all of this!
#2319 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 10:30:33 AM(UTC)
I'm very impressed and very happy with my Thrustmaster TX on Xbox One X with default settings.

I did some very minor ajustments, I reduced FFB scale to 80 to eliminate clipping, and I reduced Road Feel to 80 because the default value is a bit too strong for my taste, but that's it.

I'm blown away by this update.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, I switched from normal steering to simulation steering, and simulation steering is now actually drivable!

Edited by user Saturday, December 8, 2018 11:49:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2320 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 10:52:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post
I'm very impressed and very happy with my Thrustmaster TX on Xbox One X with default settings.

I did some very minor ajustments, I reduced FFB scale to 80 to eliminate clipping, and I reduced Road Feel to 80 because the default value is a bit too strong to my taste, but that's it.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, I switched from normal steering to simulation steering, and simulation steering is now actually drivable!

What DOR are you using?

At 270 I'm finding the default settings undriveable on my TX

If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win.
#2321 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 11:00:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Entropy Nebula Go to Quoted Post

What DOR are you using?

I'm using 900
#2322 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 3:04:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Entropy Nebula Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sentenza1591 Go to Quoted Post

I did some very minor ajustments, I reduced FFB scale to 80 to eliminate clipping, and I reduced Road Feel to 80 because the default value is a bit too strong to my taste, but that's it.

What DOR are you using?

Try 720 once with your wheel...I always drove with 540 but with this latest update 720 feels way better than 540 at least on my wheel....nothing to loose I think it spreads the FFB over a much larger radius making it feel a lot better. I also drive with Sim steering so if you use normal try sim once to see if it helps you out.

Edited by user Saturday, December 8, 2018 3:08:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2323 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 7:22:04 PM(UTC)
Wow this feels a ton better. So glad that are continuing to put in work on F7. Hope this comes to Horizon 4 soon.
#2324 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2018 2:53:39 PM(UTC)
A nice addition to these force feedback settings would be to include the degrees of rotation and force feedback scale in the controller options as well so we don't have to find it at the bottom of the advanced settings which starts to get irritating of going there a hundred times.
#2325 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:32:35 AM(UTC)
It seems that the Logitech users have the most difficulty getting the most out of the Updated FFB... I could be wrong though. I use a Fanatec CSR on PC, and the update felt decent enough. I was trying to get it dialed in, but then noticed that nothing seems to happen until I have the car moving at about 60MPH in game. In my expierence in the overly EPAS (Electronic Power Assisted Steering) dampened cars I've driven on a daily basis; if I move the car while not holding on to the steering wheel. The wheel would start to straighten up immediately. I'm not getting this in the Latest update, when using Turn 10's FFB.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:39:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
95 Pages<<9192939495PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error