This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 8:16:43 AM(UTC)
ORIGINAL MUSIC IN FM7

"F7 does have a full musical score! And you'll be happy to know Michael Nielsen and I wrote it!" - Kaveh Cohen, confirmed by Turn 10 Project Audio Director Chase Combs^

The official soundtrack was released on December 12, 2017. Links:
Spotify
Amazon
iTunes

Track list:
  1. Big Bang
  2. Slippery Sucker
  3. Blown Open
  4. Snaps
  5. Good Ol Boots
  6. Burnouts
  7. Sucker Punch
  8. Hanky Pank
  9. Waves
  10. Bumpers
  11. Pickups
  12. Animal
  13. Racing Tires
  14. Punch Your Ticket
  15. Lock It Up
  16. Chip Away
  17. Big Stones
  18. Black Coffee
  19. Concrete Blanket
  20. Roll Cage
  21. Dirty Clips
  22. Dialed In
  23. Brake Fade
  24. Gopher Tracks
  25. Garage Monkeys
  26. Gramps
  27. Man and Machine
  28. Heavy Crunch
  29. On the Head
  30. Pump
  31. Road Giblets
  32. Superleague
  33. Drop Top
  34. Critters
  35. Swing Left
  36. White Knuckles
  37. Head Honcho
  38. Dirty Driver

For reference:
http://www.soundtracksandtrailermusic.com/2016/06/scoring-forza-motorsport-6-michael-nielsen-kaveh-cohen-difficulties-reinventing-music-established-car-racing-franchise/

Heavy Metal Affliction - The making of the Forza Motorsport Score Pt. 1 and 2
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/hma_2_18_16
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/hma_2_25_16

https://www.theverge.com/games/2017/6/11/15770948/e3-2017-forza-motorsport-7-scorpio-play-story
Quote:
Sound is crucial to an immersive experience, and so even Chase Combs, the game’s audio director, has spent the last two years trying to find ways to make Forza 7 grab the attention of your ears as much as your eyes. That starts with abandoning the sweeping cinematic score of Forza 6 in favor of a soundtrack you might mistake for what’s found in modern-day beer commercials.

“We ended up kind of going with something that felt a little more rooted in what you might hear in a garage, you know? That automotive spirit,” Combs says.

But Combs and his team went further than just shifting genres. The music in the game (which you can customize with your own songs if you’re not big fan of power chords) follows you as you hop around the different environments. It also dynamically adapts to those environments.

Go from the main menus to the garage to start tuning one of your cars, and suddenly the music sounds like it’s coming from a radio on the other side of the room. Hop into Forzavista mode, get in the car, and it will muffle. Jump over to the car selection menu, where your character is standing on a stage, and the music sounds like it’s coming through stadium speakers.

This follows through to the races, too. As you drive around each course, the game’s soundtrack will flash by you as you pass the track’s speakers.

“A goal of mine,” Combs says, was to “make [the music] a character in the game, not just something that we lay on top of the game and people kind of turn off. I wanted to make it feel like it was actually seated in the environment.”

EXTERNAL MUSIC DURING GAMEPLAY

Xbox support for Groove music is ending December 31, 2017. See how to move your Groove Pass content to Spotify here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046109/groove-music-and-spotify-faq

You can turn off the soundtrack in FM7 and play your Spotify songs while you drive with the app on Xbox One:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/spotify

Edited by user Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:19:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

22 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 8:24:06 AM(UTC)
There is no better music than car sounds!!
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:50:14 AM(UTC)

So I got all nostalgic last night and put on a YouTube playlist of the the Forza 2 soundtrack. It got me thinking how lame the in-game soundtrack has been from FM3 onwards, unremarkable waiting room / elevator music.

Can we please in FM7 have something a bit more akin to FM2's soundtrack. I know the royalty costs are probably more than employing one guy to compose generic electro-chill out music, but even still.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:57:25 AM(UTC)
I LOVED the soundtrack to Forza 6. The music in 3 and 4 was okay, and 5 was way over the top and didn't fit the game at all. But Forza 6 they got it perfect. I'm kind of sad they didn't stick with that style for Forza 7, but c'est la vie.

In more direct answer to the OP, Forza 7 has a more rock influenced soundtrack, though I don't think it will have any tracks from popular artists. As far as I know, Kaveh Cohen and Michael Nielsen (who did the music for Forza 6) have composed/produced the Forza 7 soundtrack as well.

See this video, you can hear the music in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjafC6JH2UU

I think its pretty awesome that the game also chooses to turn off the in-race music by default. The only music I need is the symphony of roaring engines :D

Edited by user Wednesday, June 28, 2017 3:03:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:12:07 AM(UTC)
I hope I can put my own music in.
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:49:39 AM(UTC)
Yeah Forza 5 OST was atrocious. Forza 6 had a pretty solid OST, I think we should save the mainstream music for the Horizon games.
 5 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:30:18 AM(UTC)
Well I did not buy for the music as with all my games music will be turned off or volume for it set to zero so it matters not at all to me what it is. But if you like it then enjoy the music.
 4 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:14:47 AM(UTC)
Yep, all "music" switched to off !!
Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:36:27 AM(UTC)
So another waiting room soundtrack. Booooring

Originally Posted by: Artie Engineer Go to Quoted Post
I hope I can put my own music in.

This. I'll happily upload the FM 1 and 2 soundtracks onto the game myself
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:19:21 AM(UTC)
The background music has a nice psychological effect on the racing brain and needs to be retained in FM7, in whatever fashion, hopefully as cool as the music in FM6!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:32:51 PM(UTC)
I knew my fears would be confirmed. What happened to the awesome music in Forza 1 and 2? Why can't they use a more hard rock driven soundtrack here? Forza 5's soundtrack was bad and odd in comparison, and Forza 6's soundtrack was a step above Forza 5's but still not an improvement.
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:50:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post
Forza 7 has a more rock influenced soundtrack, though I don't think it will have any tracks from popular artists. As far as I know, Kaveh Cohen and Michael Nielsen (who did the music for Forza 6) have composed/produced the Forza 7 soundtrack as well.

See this video, you can hear the music in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjafC6JH2UU

#13 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 3:39:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"F7 does have a full musical score! And you'll be happy to know Michael Nielsen and I wrote it!" - Kaveh Cohen, confirmed by Turn 10 Project Audio Director Chase Combs^

For reference:
http://www.soundtracksandtrailermusic.com/2016/06/scoring-forza-motorsport-6-michael-nielsen-kaveh-cohen-difficulties-reinventing-music-established-car-racing-franchise/

Heavy Metal Affliction - The making of the Forza Motorsport Score Pt. 1 and 2
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/hma_2_18_16
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/hma_2_25_16

Seems cool for me, especially like the effect that at the track the music sounds like it's coming from the speakers at the race-track. It's similar to Dirt4.

Anyway I also liked Forza 6 menu music. Background music should be something like that - it shouldn't be too dominant, it's BACKGROUND. My favourite music style is technical brutal death metal but I wouldn't like to hear that in a racing game, such loud and agressive tunes would distract me from the game. Those soft rock pieces heard in the video linked above seems to be a great choice. Also a good idea to keep it instrumental - songs with vocals and lyrics become repetitive in a much shorter time.
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:50:21 AM(UTC)
Spotify Comes to Xbox One
by Mikael Ericsson, Product Director, Platform & Partner Experience at Spotify
Posted on August 8, 2017 at 9:00 am
https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/08/spotify-comes-to-xbox-one

Quote:
For some time now, Xbox gamers have been telling us that they’d like to be able to soundtrack their own gaming sessions using Spotify, to make every single session feel new and unique. Well, we have been listening…

Starting today, Spotify is available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh gaming soundtrack every time.

Just download the Spotify app from the Xbox Store to choose your personalized gaming experience. You can choose from your saved music, search the full Spotify catalogue of 30 million tracks, or browse the pre-curated gaming playlists in the ‘Gaming’ hub.

Simply play your music on demand with your Xbox One controller, whether you are a free or a Premium Spotify user. Worried about interrupting your game? Don’t be! You can also control playback on your Xbox wirelessly from the Spotify app on your phone, tablet or desktop using Spotify Connect.

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, FI, FR, DK, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

www.spotify.com/us/xbox/

Setup:
1) Fire up your Xbox One and go to the Xbox Store.
2) Download and install the "Spotify Music - for Xbox" app.
3) Log in to Spotify or create an account.

Control Playback with Spotify Connect:
www.spotify.com/us/connect
1) Make sure your Xbox One and Spotify app are on the same Wi-Fi network. Fire up the Spotify app on your phone, laptop, or tablet.
2) Play a song and select Devices Available.
3) Select your Xbox One and control playback without stopping the game.

Ad-free: www.spotify.com/us/premium
Original Game Soundtracks: https://open.spotify.com/view/gaming-page
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:59:01 AM(UTC)
Step 1, Fire up game
Step 2, Go audio options
Step 3, Turn off music

All set to listen to the beautiful sound of an engine, not trash :)
Xbox Live Gamertag : David McKenna
PSN Gamertag : djm99
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2017 11:11:38 PM(UTC)
Is there any additional information on Groove Music in Forza 7? I just want to know how Groove will work in the game and if ALL MP3 files in your OneDrive will definitely work, thanks.
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:07:07 AM(UTC)
I think it will work like in FH3.
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 7:21:28 AM(UTC)
I watched a video on it, where it was claimed that there were speakers set around the various tracks. The music was louder when you got closer to them, and quieter as you get further away from them. Those speakers would work from the Groove Music thingy. I'm not sure how accurate that is, I can't recall a source ever being mentioned.

If it turns out to be true, that's a nice touch.

Video here.

Edited by user Sunday, August 27, 2017 10:02:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 10:46:03 AM(UTC)
If music is pumping round the speakers on track, that'd be an awesome touch!
#20 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:08:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GURK3NS3PP Go to Quoted Post

It does.

The thing is that I want the option to disable music altogether, including the speakers, think of streamers and the risk of getting their videos taken down for copyright infringiment...
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:40:09 AM(UTC)
The trackside/garageside speaker stuff sounds super gimmicky. But I loved the sound direction in Forza 6 - loathed it in Forza 5 - and loved it in 4 and 3, both of which have a welcome place in my chillout playlist. So naturally I'm keen to see what sounds we see this time around.
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:32:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
If music is pumping round the speakers on track, that'd be an awesome touch!

Agreed!

Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GURK3NS3PP Go to Quoted Post

It does.

The thing is that I want the option to disable music altogether, including the speakers, think of streamers and the risk of getting their videos taken down for copyright infringiment...

I'd imagine there'd be the option to do that, it sounds like it's optional anyway as it'd be going through Groove Music. More than likely be some sliders in the settings to change the volumes of various things, like sound effects, music etc.

Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
The trackside/garageside speaker stuff sounds super gimmicky. But I loved the sound direction in Forza 6 - loathed it in Forza 5 - and loved it in 4 and 3, both of which have a welcome place in my chillout playlist. So naturally I'm keen to see what sounds we see this time around.

I'd say it lies on the good side of gimmicky though, not like those wipers that look like they're in an earthquake!
#23 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:54:34 PM(UTC)
Im just not consistent with music is playing. Good touch though.
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:55:32 PM(UTC)
If that's the type of music that was in the Forza 7 demo then it will be permanently muted.
Forza 3/4/5 epic sound tracks.
Bring back Lance Hayes.

Just go and listen to Paris Rouen then you will see what I mean.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:09:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:07:03 PM(UTC)
I'm digging the rock in the Demo so far.
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error