This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
17 Pages<<1314151617PrevNext
#351 Posted : Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:23:14 PM(UTC)
Having played the demo, i can say with 95% certainty that the new Dubai course will have at least 3 layouts. The full course is available in the demo. During the drive, you will come across a secondary starting line, this will most likely be a National layout, which turns back onto the second full course straight just after you make the left turn away from that second straight (in the second half of the lap). A shorter Club-like course seems plausible, given there's a road coming onto the track from that same general area (think of the Micro course of Rio, to get an idea of what i'm on about).
#352 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:35:04 AM(UTC)
Will Mt Panorama(Bathurst) in Forza 7 have full day & night cycle? Or are these new features and weather only available on a selection of tracks becuase with Bathurst so far all we’ve seen is sunny morning sky’s and it’s been the same since Forza 5 it’s like the Bathurst 1000 is stuck in a time loop around 8:30am every lap.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:34:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#353 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:37:57 AM(UTC)
This has been my unanswered question for weeks. Id like to see Rio at night..but with no confirmation ive lost interest...
 1 user liked this post.
#354 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:25:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NIBBLYBIT Go to Quoted Post
I agree. If theres only a few new tracks I might give this one a miss. It feels more like an expansion than a new game!!

I completely understand your sentiment but the most important factor to remember is we simply don't know how many new tracks are being added, we freaked out as fans because amazon and the xbox store said the game comes with 30 "racing environments" when fact is Dan Greenawalt is stated numerous time the count is "over 30." For all we know they might have tons of content that they might not be able to finish in time for release, thus the vague number.

What I think is imperative however is that whatever new tracks we get are fresh and exciting, like Sydney Motorsports Park, home of the World Time Attack Challenge, or Ebisu, the drifters paradise, I'm personally tired of the same courses we've been racing over and over for the last ten years. I'm going to be purchasing Project Cars 2 as well as Forza simply so I have new places to race at.

Im just buying PC2 after being soooo dissapointed with the demo!
#355 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:07:38 PM(UTC)
loving the location list B-) great to see some classic circuits re-built for 7 (Prague, Alps, Bathurst for me) :-D Of course there's a couple I could live without (Top Track, lols)

As far as Forza demo vs PC2; I'm still sold on Forza. The demo gave me what I expected; the gfx were still better than FM6 on my 1080p setup so I was impressed pretty quick. Feels like a super FM6 to me as far as controls & gameplay, but for biggy to me is having 30+ re-mastered locations & over 700 cars on Day 1; and that we'll get more later B-)
I Love my X... Xbox One X that is :-P
#356 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:42:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grantleavitt Go to Quoted Post
Having played the demo, i can say with 95% certainty that the new Dubai course will have at least 3 layouts. The full course is available in the demo. During the drive, you will come across a secondary starting line, this will most likely be a National layout, which turns back onto the second full course straight just after you make the left turn away from that second straight (in the second half of the lap). A shorter Club-like course seems plausible, given there's a road coming onto the track from that same general area (think of the Micro course of Rio, to get an idea of what i'm on about).

Double that as you can see reverse grids. Also wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 wanted to show off dynamic day night or even just a night track. Unlikely to have rain though

I'm intrigued to know how many layout combinations there are for tracks like Maple Valley, Rio, Prague as they can have every combo possible surely.

Also would be a nice touch if Bernese Alps had snow or sleet instead of rain.
#357 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:48:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Froggy2205 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grantleavitt Go to Quoted Post

Double that as you can see reverse grids. Also wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 wanted to show off dynamic day night or even just a night track. Unlikely to have rain though

I'm intrigued to know how many layout combinations there are for tracks like Maple Valley, Rio, Prague as they can have every combo possible surely.

Also would be a nice touch if Bernese Alps had snow or sleet instead of rain.

Yeah. PGR 4 had snow on Nurburgring. It was nuts.

https://youtu.be/n-3bTc6T-jQ

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:49:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#358 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 2:21:29 PM(UTC)
Ok, i just read that there is no rain in Prague. It's pity, but im ok with it because of another weather conditions.
But why there are no lights in the windows on the track? This is not right and feels like it's dead.
What's wrong t10?
#359 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:59:32 PM(UTC)
(video link removed pending press embargo)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:31:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#360 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:36:25 AM(UTC)
Just had to say how thrilled I am to see Maple Valley return! I love that track, it was one of my all time favourites. I can't wait to see how good it looks!
#361 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:21:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JediSith1981 Go to Quoted Post
loving the location list B-) great to see some classic circuits re-built for 7 (Prague, Alps, Bathurst for me) :-D Of course there's a couple I could live without (Top Track, lols)

As far as Forza demo vs PC2; I'm still sold on Forza. The demo gave me what I expected; the gfx were still better than FM6 on my 1080p setup so I was impressed pretty quick. Feels like a super FM6 to me as far as controls & gameplay, but for biggy to me is having 30+ re-mastered locations & over 700 cars on Day 1; and that we'll get more later B-)

I'm in the same boat.

I'd LOVE some new tracks, but still sold on Forza.

I hate to slag off Project Cars but when it first came out, I was so excited and then so disappointed as it was plagued with bugs. Returned it for a refund. It was available for free with Gold a month or so back, so I tried it again, and its still full of bugs. The few reviews I've seen of PC2 are saying the same thing. Hope they fix it as would love more solid racing games. the bugs just add frustration to the experience.

Looking forward to the few tweaks to the gameplay in F7 as well like being driver focused etc.
 1 user liked this post.
#362 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:13:14 PM(UTC)
Seems my post is gone? Here is the list again:

Bathurst - Day
Bernese Alps - Day
Brands Hatch - Day, Weather
Catalunya - Day
COTA - Day, Night
Daytona - Day, Night
Dubai - Day
Hockenheimring - Day, Weather
Homestead Miami - Day, Weather
Indianapolis - Day
Le Mans - Day, Night, Weather
Lime Rock - Day
Long Beach - Day
Maple Valley - Day, Weather
Laguna Seca - Day
Monza - Day
Mugello - Day
Nurburgring - Day, Night, Weather
Prague - Day
Rio - Day
Road America - Day
Road Atlanta - Day
Sebring - Day, Night, Weather
Silverstone - Day, Night, Weather
Sonoma - Day
Spa - Day, Night, Weather
Suzuka - Day, Weather
Test Track - Day
Top Gear - Day, Weather
Virginia - Day, Night, Weather
Watkins Glen - Day
Yas Marina - Day, Night

Edited by user Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:19:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#363 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:15:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: romeoteknik Go to Quoted Post
Seems my post is gone? Here is the list again:

Bathurst - Day
Bernese Alps - Day
Brands Hatch - Day, Weather
Catalunya - Day
COTA - Day, Night
Daytona - Day, Night
Dubai - Day
Hockenheimring - Day, Weather
Homestead Miami - Day, Weather
Indianapolis - Day
Le Mans - Day, Night, Weather
Lime Rock - Day
Long Beach - Day
Maple Valley - Day, Weather
Laguna Seca - Day
Monza - Day
Mugello - Day
Nurburgring - Day, Night, Weather
Prague - Day
Rio - Day
Road America - Day
Road Atlanta - Day
Sebring - Day, Night, Weather
Silverstone - Day, Night, Weather
Sonoma - Day
Spa - Day, Night, Weather
Suzuka - Day, Weather
Test Track - Day
Top Gear - Day, Weather
Virginia - Day, Night, Weather
Watkins Glen - Day
Yas Marina - Day, Night

Thanks for the list. I take it where Weather is an option, said weather can be dynamic in all instances?
#364 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:42:07 AM(UTC)
So im curious..and now everyones had time to play the game can someone explain to me why Prague looks different in every youtube vid I see when the game is only available in "daytime" mode??
#365 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 2:53:39 AM(UTC)
Because either some tracks seem to have no actual clean sunny daytime preset or the random daytime selector is always choosing darker daytime.
#366 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:08:01 PM(UTC)
Hi. Can anyone shed some light if you excuse the pun on why Prague looks dark as if in the evening with some youtube footage and sunny as normal in others. The track is only available daytime only??
 1 user liked this post.
#367 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:21:10 PM(UTC)
I played it in lots of fog the first time
#368 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:32:08 PM(UTC)
Oh wow...so it looks like the tracks that are day only are atleast different every time you play then..is that right??

Edited by user Friday, September 29, 2017 5:32:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#369 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 5:44:13 PM(UTC)
Hasn't your question been answered like multiple times now?
 1 user liked this post.
#370 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:29:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Legusta001 Go to Quoted Post
Hasn't your question been answered like multiple times now?

Thanks for that helpful comment..NOT! Actually it hasnt..because lots of people are saying lots of different things. But if you have an answer that would satisfy me bring it on.
#371 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:38:47 AM(UTC)
I did a race there today, and also had the feeling,that it's getting darker during the race.Not sure if it was getting cloudier, or the sun lowers, which made it darker between the buildings.

Edit: suddenly merged thread, my post looks like it doesn't make much sense :D

Edited by user Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:07:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#372 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:39:31 AM(UTC)
It won't be the same weather conditions everytime you load, Dan mentioned that when you load a track it can vary in the condition, so it could be sunny and dry or foggy and dry or overcast.
#373 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 6:48:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NIBBLYBIT Go to Quoted Post
Oh wow...so it looks like the tracks that are day only are atleast different every time you play then..is that right??

All of them are "dynamic" from my understanding, but not 24hr dynamic. So the day ones will change during the race (randomly): dawn,noon,afternoon, etc. But it won't go into night timings nor weather.

#374 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 12:02:20 AM(UTC)
So, Turn 10 has been adding the Motorcycle courses to the series since FM6. The Alt versions of Indy Road, Sonoma and Suzuka are for motorcycles and I would suspect that's also the case with Road America. I know this from Tourist Trophy by Polyphony Digital. It's a cool addition, really and adds some variety.
#375 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 4:37:42 PM(UTC)
T10 really likes their own tracks.
I've lost count on how many times I've raced Alps, Dubai, Prague, Maple Valley and Favela forwards, backwards, partial, partial backwards, and on and on.

I'm past half way in career and I've raced Road America once. Nurburgring GP once. COTA once. Monza - not at all.
But I have raced Indy Grand Prix Reverse, ALT. LOL
I need a rally co-driver and cartographer to figure out where I'm going.

Less T10 tracks in career and more real world tracks.
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
17 Pages<<1314151617PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error