4 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:04:59 PM(UTC)
FM7 Car Pass

Microsoft.com: Store
Release date: October 2017 (effective starting November)

EDIT: On May 17, 2018, Brian Ekberg announced on #InsideXbox that the Car Pass would be extended to include two more monthly packs plus the Hoonigan Car Pack (made available to everyone in June):

Included DLC

The day-one F8 of the Furious Car Pack is not covered by the Car Pass. The Formula Drift Car Pack may not be covered by the Car Pass.

Car Pass and UE owners should not try to download packs from the Store or the in-game Marketplace (or else you'll pay unnecessarily). As of 2018, included cars should automatically be added to your garage when you start the game after a content update:

If not, go to the Buy Cars menu where they should be available to collect for free.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_e3_announce
Quote:
Now available for pre-order at your local Microsoft Store and microsoft.com, Forza Motorsport 7 arrives worldwide on October 3 exclusively on the Xbox One family of devices and Windows 10 PCs via Xbox Play Anywhere. Special editions include the Deluxe and Ultimate Editions, complete with exclusive, digital-only bonus content, VIP membership, and access to the Day One Car Pack. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 29 and the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass that gives you access to upcoming car packs.

Quote:
Get six monthly car packs at one low price. With the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass, you’ll always be dialed in to the latest and greatest cars in Forza Motorsport 7. The Car Pass brings you six monthly car packs (7 cars each). That’s 42 amazing new cars total, all waiting to be collected, customized, and raced for one low price. The Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass is included with the Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition.

https://www.forzamotorsp.../en-us/news/fm7_preorder

Edited by user Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:47:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:20:02 PM(UTC)
I wish Turn 10 would just make a master pass for this sort of thing. One up-front cost that includes ALL future cars. I don't care about price, I care about forking out for car packs. I just want a full game that includes all cars offered for the game. No yearly pass **** , just 1 master pass.

Edited by user Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:20:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:47:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DrBaconAnthony Go to Quoted Post
I wish Turn 10 would just make a master pass for this sort of thing. One up-front cost that includes ALL future cars. I don't care about price, I care about forking out for car packs. I just want a full game that includes all cars offered for the game. No yearly pass **** , just 1 master pass.

Welcome to the gaming industry. Season passes have been a thing for ages now. I'm still shocked that people arent used to it by now.
Forza Faithful Since May 3rd, 2005
Former technician
 3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:20:52 PM(UTC)
What if they don't know how many car packs there will be? That's the issue, They can't charge for what they don't know. I can't understand why this is so confusing to people. Like a broken record over and over every time there is a pack or a new Forza game. That's how they do it. Can't please everybody.

Edited by user Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:25:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:47:38 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass

Get six monthly car packs at one low price. With the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass, you’ll always be dialed in to the latest and greatest cars in Forza Motorsport 7. The Car Pass brings you six monthly car packs (7 cars each). That’s 42 amazing new cars total, all waiting to be collected, customized, and raced for one low price. The Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass is included with the Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition.

https://www.forzamotorsp.../en-us/news/fm7_preorder
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:07:42 AM(UTC)
Shame there's still no Car Pass that covers all the packs. I see nothing's changed in that regard.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:11:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
What if they don't know how many car packs there will be? That's the issue, They can't charge for what they don't know. I can't understand why this is so confusing to people. Like a broken record over and over every time there is a pack or a new Forza game. That's how they do it. Can't please everybody.

There may not be some truth to that statement. Forza Horizon 1 had a season pass, which covered everything, including the Expansion. No reason why they couldn't do that again except money.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:56:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

There may not be some truth to that statement. Forza Horizon 1 had a season pass, which covered everything, including the Expansion. No reason why they couldn't do that again except money.

Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass included everything too from what I remember.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:29:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

If FM5 had more than 6 car packs it didn't.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:31:48 AM(UTC)

If FM5 had more than 6 car packs it didn't.

It had the base 6, with the "booster pack" type ones sprinkled here and there too, those were included free of charge for Car Pass owners.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 10:00:10 AM(UTC)
If FM6 pricing holds true, individual car packs will cost $7.

Car pass cost with Ultimate edition: $20
Individual pack cost: $7
6 packs * $7 = $36
Savings = $16

Buying 3 individual packs: $7 * 3 = $21
More than the price of the pack, leaving 3 packs unpurchased.

So math it out. You still save on the deal. If they have a pack or two next spring or summer that aren't on the pass, big deal. You still made out in the end if you buy DLC cars. Even if someone were to pay full price for the car pack on its own for whatever reason, they still get one pack free over individual pricing.

-k
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 1:14:57 AM(UTC)
I just pre-ordered the ultimate edition directly off the XBox and I'm new to "digital" pre-orders. It downloaded place holders for the preorder bonus, day one car pack, and VIP status, but it didn't download anything for the car pass. It says I own it but unlike everything else it download any place holder. I looked at my FH3 files and it has a specific file for the car pass. So I'm curious if something didn't go right with the download or is this how it is working for everyone? Thanks in advance
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:17:56 AM(UTC)
It'll sort out at launch. The Car Pass won't be effective until the October car pack is released anyway.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:40:08 PM(UTC)
Sadly there will still be people that complain about not getting every car pack, just like every Forza game, every year.
I'd bet money on it.
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 4:58:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quixy Go to Quoted Post
Sadly there will still be people that complain about not getting every car pack, just like every Forza game, every year.
I'd bet money on it.

That's guaranteed lol

A lot of people can't quite grasp the idea of reading what is included in what they pay for
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:25:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
I'd bet money on it.

That's guaranteed lol

A lot of people can't quite grasp the idea of reading what is included in what they pay for

That may be so, but generally games passes cover all DLC for the relevant game. So I can fully see why people buy the Car Pass thinking it includes everything.

Still hoping we'll get a full Car Pass rather than the current Half the Car Pass we get these days.
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:55:45 PM(UTC)
I'd bet money on it.

That's guaranteed lol

That may be so, but generally games passes cover all DLC for the relevant game. So I can fully see why people buy the Car Pass thinking it includes everything.

Still hoping we'll get a full Car Pass rather than the current Half the Car Pass we get these days.

So you would have been happy paying for a 12 month pass when they only are going to have only 9 packs for fh3
Or 10 or 11 from the 2 forza titles previously
Especially since they would have increased the price to cover that as well...9 packs for the price of 11 or 12 ..dont think that would go down well
They have never done a full months of packs yet..11 was the highest of all forzas
You wonder why they only promise 6 packs

All the car pass has ever been is a 6 pack for the price of 5
It's just a discounted payment option

Edited by user Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:58:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:00:46 PM(UTC)
I'd bet money on it.

That's guaranteed lol

So yoy would have been happy paying for a 12 month pass when they only are going to have only 9 packs for fh3
Or 10 or 11 from the 2 forza titles previously
Especially since they would have increased the price to cover that as well...9 packs for the price of 11 or 12 ..dont think that would go down well
They have never done a full months of packs yet..11 was the highest of all forzas
You wonder why they only promise 6 packs

All the car pass has ever been is a 6 pack for the price of 5
It's just a discounted payment option

You know full well that's not what I meant. No need to be pedantic.
 7 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:09:23 PM(UTC)
Turn 10 is in the business of making money. Who says they know how many car packs there will be. It gives them space to add more or not add more. Round and round we go every time a Forza is released. Enough already. Turn 10 knows how people feel about the car pass. Doesn't mean they will change anything. If people don't understand by now with the 100's and 100's of posts about this same issue over and over, I have no pity for them. There are bigger fish to fry than this.

Edited by user Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:18:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:57:30 PM(UTC)
^^ Amen! This has been how the games have been packaged and sold since at least Forza 4 and probably before.

It is very clear what each level of packaging contains for those of us who bother to read the descriptions, yet the same complaints are brought up over and over.

I just think some people's needles are stuck in the groove.
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:30:59 PM(UTC)
Turn 10 is in the business of making money. Who says they know how many car packs there will be. It gives them space to add more or not add more. Round and round we go every time a Forza is released. Enough already. Turn 10 knows how people feel about the car pass. Doesn't mean they will change anything. If people don't understand by now with the 100's and 100's of posts about this same issue over and over, I have no pity for them. There are bigger fish to fry than this.

Odds are they know exactly how many there will be and exactly what will be in each pack. These sorts of things are decided well in advance. There's no way they just come up with the packs month by month.
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:43:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
^^ Amen! This has been how the games have been packaged and sold since at least Forza 4 and probably before.

It is very clear what each level of packaging contains for those of us who bother to read the descriptions, yet the same complaints are brought up over and over.

I just think some people's needles are stuck in the groove.

Someone clearly didn't read the descriptions of the Horizon 1 and Motorsport 5 passes included then, seeing as those included everything. Clearly shows they can do a cover-all type pass, and while perhaps not as clear, shows that they know more than they let on about how many packs they plan to do.

I don't believe for a minute that they don't know how many packs they're going to put out. These things are decided months prior to release in this day and age.
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:53:05 AM(UTC)
Hey guys,i pre=ordered FM 7,my 1st pre-order,on the my games and apps,i see FM 7,the day one pack,Hoonigan pack,VIP and Hoonigan pack for FH 3,i do not see the car pass,is this normal? I pre-ordered the ultimate ED,thanks in advance.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:58:57 AM(UTC)
It will likely appear closer to release/when the preload starts

🇨🇦
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:08:48 AM(UTC)
Does DLC packs include Forza Edition cars or normal new cars?
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error