35 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:58:45 AM(UTC)
Some people need to give ths feature a chance imho. It's very easy to sit here and go 'no I don't want this, I want more cars and tracks!' when we've only seen half a dozen outfits out of 300+, and the reality is we wouldn't get any more cars or tracks anyway. Personally, I think it's a feature the community will really start to embrace over the coming games, as it's inevitable that at some stage (maybe in Forza 7) we'll get real-world race suits and helmets. Once this happens, I think creativity will start to take hold and we'll see people driving F1 cars as Jimmie Johnson, or in LMP1 as Ken Block, or using Lewis Hamilton's suit in a trophy truck. The feature has great promise, so give it a chance in FM7 and if your opinions are unchanged after that, then that's absolutely fair enough.
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:03:14 AM(UTC)
I choose driver customization over rally and dirt.
I like rally and dirt but we have enough in fh3, i don't want in fm7 just because gran turismo had.
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:43:28 AM(UTC)
True. If I want rally and dirt I will play Dirt. Game franchises shouldn't try to do it all because something appeared in another game. Next Forza will bring in Mad Max style death races.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:18:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
True. If I want rally and dirt I will play Dirt. Game franchises shouldn't try to do it all because something appeared in another game. Next Forza will bring in Mad Max style death races.

-k

Rally == death race?! Are you serious?!
If the rally part would be executed well, I would be more than happy about it being in a Forza Motorsport game (idea for expansion for example).

1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:32:28 AM(UTC)
I was being sarcastic. Come on now! To include rally is to design an entirely separate game worth of content on top of Forza Motorsport as primarily a track and road simulation. It is really not worth the development time to diversify into a completely different genre of game. There's a reason why Battlefield games for example try to focus on one war and not all of them.

-k
#56 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:25:41 AM(UTC)
I haven't enjoyed a rally game since way back on the OXBOX. The last Dirt game there was a demo for was a bit like playing Irritating Stick in an earthquake. I'm sure Forza could give me something more enjoyable, but I think it'd make for good expansion fodder if not its own splinter series.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#57 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:04:32 AM(UTC)
That's exactly my point. Although rally would be nice, it really warrants its own game. You can't have them toss a rally track or two in there and then say to everyone, "Hey look! Forza Motorsport is all about rally now too!" It wouldn't be doing rally justice and everyone would be down their throat about how T10 messed it up. If in the future they had a Forza Rally game to rival Dirt it would be nice but Motorsport distilling itself into rally when it has yet to master track racing would be a mistake.

-k
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:11:51 AM(UTC)
I suspect the driver gear is going to be similar to the car list. (i.e. The 300 pieces of gear will actually be 30-40 different kinds of gear with different designs). I would not be surprised if the final breakdown is less than 10 unique pieces for each type of gear.

It's still a step up from the pre-made characters in FH3, but I'm not expecting anything amazing. this will probably be fun for about 15 minutes and then I'll never mess with it again.

Edited by user Friday, July 21, 2017 4:13:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 4:26:09 AM(UTC)
It all depends on how many different pieces of gear on different parts of the driver's body can be changed. We don't know the extent of the customization just yet.

-k
#60 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 8:59:39 AM(UTC)
What i think they'll do is giving the player a special gear when he hits the highest affinity level with a car maker. That would mean about 100 different gears just for those. Then some will be coupled to the badges one can unlock. Then you might be able to win some at showcase events and the last ones are for special purpurses, like maybe for X-Mas we might see a santa gear etc.
#61 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 11:06:26 AM(UTC)
Next Forza will bring in Mad Max style death races.

No, no, it will be police chases! Police chases! But of course!

Turn10 BabySeal363 proudly presents: Forza Horizon 4: Dubai Heat!

j/k :D
#62 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 11:31:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xXTheOEXx Go to Quoted Post
What i think they'll do is giving the player a special gear when he hits the highest affinity level with a car maker. That would mean about 100 different gears just for those. Then some will be coupled to the badges one can unlock. Then you might be able to win some at showcase events and the last ones are for special purpurses, like maybe for X-Mas we might see a santa gear etc.

and for 100 perfect turns, 100 perfect overtakes, win 100 races, own 100 cars and so on. would be cool.
#63 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 11:50:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xXTheOEXx Go to Quoted Post
What i think they'll do is giving the player a special gear when he hits the highest affinity level with a car maker.

Or maybe you just need a big, diverse garage of cars. Buy some open-top classic Le Mans racers, and you'll get ye olden vintage scarves and goggles.
 2 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 3:05:28 PM(UTC)
That's exactly my point. Although rally would be nice, it really warrants its own game. You can't have them toss a rally track or two in there and then say to everyone, "Hey look! Forza Motorsport is all about rally now too!" It wouldn't be doing rally justice and everyone would be down their throat about how T10 messed it up.

Good lord, don't try anything new, you might mess it up! Just leave the half assed broken drag racing and drifting modes as they are for another 5 versions, and forget about all other forms of motorsport. Nobody likes variety anyways.

I don't know if you noticed, but they already implemented 90% of rally racing in FH3 already, including rally shocks and tires. Their physics sim can do it as is, they just need tracks. Though I would like to see some better dirt simulation and off road physics. Lowered cars were a little too effective offroad in Horizon.

As for this avatar stuff, its ok, it certainly won't hurt. I just wish the development effort had been put into something more substantial from a gameplay perspective.

I suspect rally\or offroad racing in some form will show up in 8.
#65 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 10:15:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SupraFiend Go to Quoted Post
I suspect rally\or offroad racing in some form will show up in 8.

Rallycross could be a start. And I hope this is the case because you can do offroading in, well, every single competitor of Forza Motorsport now.

BTW the reason I got FH3 is that I could do some hilarious offroad racing with 1500 HP hypercars, which is something not too many games offer.
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:56:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: andrOOrdna Go to Quoted Post

-k

Rally == death race?! Are you serious?!
If the rally part would be executed well, I would be more than happy about it being in a Forza Motorsport game (idea for expansion for example).

If they took what they had in the first Horizon games rally expansion and implemented that in Motorsport I'd be pretty happy, it had a pretty good rally mode so surely it wouldn't be that difficult to take those ideas and put them into Motorsport games? Also, what is wrong with wanting a Forza Motorsport title to include more disciplines so you don't have to buy multiple games?
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:22:42 PM(UTC)
Personally, I would rather that Forza concentrate on a couple or so of the many motorsports types and do an outstanding job at replicating those, than to try to cover too many types and potentially not do a good job at any of them. I am quite happy with how Forza has covered Motorsports in FMS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 and fully anticipate FMS 7 will be another stellar product.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:10:52 AM(UTC)
I'd have no issue with a new Forza Rally game franchise which rides alongside FM as Horizon does.

I *say* that I prefer realistic track racing and love FM for trying to keep that Sim feel, but in all honesty would probably spring for Forza Rally in order to get my kicks on dirt tracks, figure 8's Demolition Derbies, Offroad Sand Races, Mud Bogs and Rallies just like I like to occasionally swing over to Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels for a change of pace, so it would mean mor $ for the franchise.

I just like to call Forza Motorsport "Home". By breaking out a new game in the franchise, Turn10 could cater to those people who would want to call offroad "Home".

As far as the Driver Gear is concerned, I think that it's funny how much attention it's getting (even from myself). I sort of care which exclusive suit I get with my pre-order, but doubt very seriously that I'll be wearing that Microsoft/EB/GameStop/Amazon/Best Buy suit much once I see the selection and options I have available and probably won't be changing things up much after the first week or two of driving.

I'd *prefer* that they'd give us more tracks and enhance the realism and driving experience itself more, but that said, like all that they *are* doing and am anxiously awaiting the release.

-Scott

Edited by user Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:11:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 12:07:39 PM(UTC)
The thing is, Horizon is a completely different take on Forza. It has a very different vibe and flow, and its made to appeal to a much wider audience. The target demographic of a serious rally game is more or less the same as Forza Motorsport. A rally expansion/home page/module/section would fit right into FM just as well as the Nascar expansion did. I hope that Turn10 intends to one day wrap all missing major forms of motorsport into the base FM product (drag, drift, rally, autox).

Hell, I'd like to see bikes in Forza one day. It actually worked pretty good in Project Gotham 4.

As for additional side franchises, there are certainly opportunities there.
#70 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:27:00 PM(UTC)
Hoonigan Car Pack (Pre-Order Bonus Content - digital download versions only)
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/fh3_hoonigan_car_pack

Quote:
The Forza Motorsport 7 Hoonigan Car Pack includes the [list of cars] and a set of in-game Hoonigan Driver Gear.

I believe these are "Climbkhana" and "Gymkhana"

Edited by user Friday, December 8, 2017 10:40:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 10:57:11 AM(UTC)
So guys - really excited for FM7 - real question, possibly controversial - can you see your character's face (like in FH3) or is it just helmets?
 4 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 12:13:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
In-between painstakingly modelling scuffs on visors and the like, have they found time to improve the underlying game or is it just Forza 6 with weather, a few new cars and tracks and character modelling which most people won't care less about as you can't see yourself while driving?

I didn't quote everything posted here, but people that read over those posts get what I'm answering.

If you hate Forza so much, you're more than welcome to stop playing and go somewhere else. That's what I did with Gran Turismo. PD have been recycling virtually entire games and adding a bit of new content on top of that, but the problem with that is they're recycling garbage. I don't mean "garbage" in the same way that you implied Forza was trash. I mean "garbage" as in "almost the entire game was dramatically inferior to Forza and most games of recent history". Nitpick as much as you like, but Forza remains the standard by which all other console racing games are judged. Gran Turismo hasn't been the benchmark for at least a decade. Project CARS isn't the gold standard. Assetto Corsa isn't the benchmark. They do certain things that I'd like in Forza, but they also fall short a lot. Nobody has a better total package than Forza. I'm not saying it's the best physics or the best motorsport experience, but it's the best total package. If the best isn't good enough, you're welcome to settle for less elsewhere.

I'm fine with constructive criticism. At what point does it cease to become constructive criticism and become whining/trolling?
Still I Rise
#73 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 12:54:37 PM(UTC)
+1 Iceman. The customization feature isn't my number one addition but I will use it. I'm also interested to see what they have for career mode.

-k
#74 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 3:56:35 PM(UTC)
I love your post Iceman and agree 1,000%.
I have made several posts basically saying the same thing....Forza is a jack of all trades and master of few. I am completely good with this! Do I want things to improve....yes, but Forza is by far the most complete racing game out there on consoles. I really enjoy all the options I am given, the number of cars, the number of tracks, the weather, the driving views.
I like the player car tune set ups that you can download and race as I am not real good at tuning a car to be competitive.
I believe Forza is by the best looking racing game out there.
Can Forza get better?....heck ya! And in a lot of areas, but I very much enjoy the games they give me. Every new edition gets an improvement somewhere, yes we lost some things in the past like the auction house, but they did improve in other areas.
As I have said in these forum threads many times... I own AC, PC, and they have areas that are better than Forza. AC has better FFB and PC has more slider settings to customize the FFB how you want it to feel. I will play these games but always go back to Forza as my go to game! I will play the others on occasion but probably only 10% of my Forza playtime.
I have not played PC in well over a year and didn't like all the sliders as it was just too overwhelming for me but I did play it and had fun.
I have not played AC for nearly a year as it had a major tune save bug and the updates are way behind. They keep saying coming soon but take months to actually get here. We are about 3 behind the PC as of now I think.
Dirt Rally, and Dirt 4 I play but not a huge rally person and I am not very competitive but do have fun. Only played each about 4-5 tines though.
Forza I still play several times a week and bounce between Horizon 3 and Forza 6. It always seems to give me much more than any other racing game I own. I have the NFS and the Burnout games and they are also fun but in an entirely different type of racing...very Arcady but made that way and they are fun but not my go to like Forza games. I have really never got to where I did not enjoy Forza. I always have fun with them.
Ya sometimes when online you get a bad lobby but I spend more time offline than on and have just as much fun.
I plan on buying PC2 this fall along with FM7 but I would expect to spend way more time in Forza. I hope PC2 surprises me but I am not sold on that yet. I expect to play it a fair amount but no where nears he amount of Forza 7.
#75 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 7:47:38 PM(UTC)
Hi guys. Is there any news on a driver gear editor? I think it would a great feature since they announced driver gear customisation... And be able to share it with the club....

Edited by user Friday, August 11, 2017 7:50:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

35 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error