35 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:43:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SDLRob Go to Quoted Post
Wonder if/when we'll be able to design the race suits/helmets... FM8?

I was wondering the same thing. I think I'd spend as much time designing/painting helmets as I would cars.

#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:28:47 PM(UTC)
Quote:
The Forza Driver’s Cup will also feature a motorsport-inspired scoring system which will let you rack up points per race and allow you to unlock new car and brand-new Driver Gear (more on that in a bit).

Quote:
So, as you can see, we’re rewarding players differently in Forza Motorsport 7; not just with how we’re rewarding them but with the rewards themselves. Naturally, there’s going to be credits to earn and cars to collect but, for the first time in the Forza Motorsport series, we’re bringing the driver our of the car and to the forefront with our new Driver Gear feature. Forza 7 will feature more than 300 Driver Gear sets to unlock in the game. Pick the Driver Gear that’s right for your driver and you’ll see him or her decked out in the pre- and post-race screens. It’s one more way we’re making Forza Motorsport 7 a personal experience.

https://www.forzamotorsp...-us/news/fm7_e3_features
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:29:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
E3 exclusive Driver Gear
On Tuesday's Xbox Daily: Live @E3 show, FM7 Executive Producer Ryan Cooper announced that E3 attendees who visit the Forza booth will receive a card with a DLC code for an exclusive E3 Driver Gear outfit in the game.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/e3-race-suit/9nszp8k8qqtl

Edited by user Friday, December 8, 2017 9:59:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:51:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WindsweptDragon Go to Quoted Post
Finally, no more photos ruined by historically out of place outfits and helmets. Woo hoo

You and Hiero... LOL

3 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:26:54 PM(UTC)
im not a computer tech guy but to me this driver stuff is a waste of space....rather more cars then this! you are looking at the cars ***. or dash 99% of the time anyways
 2 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 10:15:36 PM(UTC)
There are numerous open top cars where the driver becomes a major visible feature.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 3 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 4:33:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
There are numerous open top cars where the driver becomes a major visible feature.

yeah thats true.....but i dont know i just dont realy care how the dude looks like

Edited by user Monday, July 10, 2017 4:34:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 5:10:11 AM(UTC)
It's not the sticking point for me for sure but I will probably use it and design my driver. Not a big deal and nothing to rage at. Customization is huge these days and there will be a lot of players who will like to change their look. The drivers will be shown outside the car before races and in lobbies.

-k
 2 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 5:57:37 AM(UTC)
And more to the point, if the driver customisation wasn't there, it wouldn't mean more cars/tracks/etc.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 4 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 9:35:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kdogg788 Go to Quoted Post
It's not the sticking point for me for sure but I will probably use it and design my driver. Not a big deal and nothing to rage at. Customization is huge these days and there will be a lot of players who will like to change their look. The drivers will be shown outside the car before races and in lobbies.

-k

While I will never use it beyond the first setup, I know there will be many that do. My Grandson spends as much time customizing his characters in some games than I think he actually "plays" said games. Just not my cup-o-tea.
#36 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 9:54:07 AM(UTC)
Edit: This turned out to be better than I originally expected

Edited by user Thursday, January 4, 2018 6:49:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2017 10:02:13 AM(UTC)
Few things I like about the customosation is 1, it'll be nice to have historic race suits so when in old cars, taking pictures will look more realistic and have less inaccuracies. 2, it'll be nice to see different drivers in open wheel cars and 3, which is a small thing but I never liked the gloves in fm5 and fm6.
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:58:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
The Forza Driver’s Cup will also feature a motorsport-inspired scoring system which will let you rack up points per race and allow you to unlock new car and brand-new Driver Gear (more on that in a bit).

Quote:
So, as you can see, we’re rewarding players differently in Forza Motorsport 7; not just with how we’re rewarding them but with the rewards themselves. Naturally, there’s going to be credits to earn and cars to collect but, for the first time in the Forza Motorsport series, we’re bringing the driver our of the car and to the forefront with our new Driver Gear feature. Forza 7 will feature more than 300 Driver Gear sets to unlock in the game. Pick the Driver Gear that’s right for your driver and you’ll see him or her decked out in the pre- and post-race screens. It’s one more way we’re making Forza Motorsport 7 a personal experience.

https://www.forzamotorsp...-us/news/fm7_e3_features

Will there be a way to skip this stuff all together or will it be mandatory to choose the driver gear? I was not a fan of having to chose a driving character and name in FH3 and for me this will just be worse if this is mandatory as well. I am not into all this personalization in the least. It would be great if it were optional, like painting the cars is. That way those who are into this can enjoy it while others can just take the defaults and get on with racing.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:01:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:28:53 PM(UTC)
If I had to guess, your driver will probably have a default costume that you will be able to edit if you wish.

-k
#40 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 12:01:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bosozokus Go to Quoted Post
[
What do you want? Are you kidding me... How can that be a serious question? How about: Rally, dirt tracks, drag tracks, actual drag modes with a light tree and burnouts, drifting, drifting tracks, drifting modifications, trucks, baja racing, auto cross tracks, tire decals, window decals, light edcals, light tinting, track width, tire brands, tire width, more tuning options, more camera options, fov sliders, color sliders, new vinyl system that allows matte and metallic colors, point to point tracks, mountain tracks, road racing tracks, city tracks, umm customization?, and an actual story... you know, AN ACTUAL NEW GAME.

Actually, I agree completely (except for the story, I hate story modes in driving games lol). That said, you have to be realistic about development cycles. FM7 is obviously the Scorpio release. Remember FM5? In terms of content and gameplay evolution over 4, it was actually a big step back. We all know Turn10 and Playground are on 2 year dev cycles for every version of FM and FH, and thats a good thing, it avoids the pitfalls Gran Tursimo fell into decades ago. But there is only so much they can cram into a 2 year project, even with their huge team and massive resources. The Scorpio (XBoxX) comes out this fall, obviously this next version of FM overlaps with that release, so they have no choice but to put their focus on scaling up the content and rendering to the new hardware (as they had to with 5 going from 360 to One). However, by the sounds of it there are a lot more big improvements and features beyond 4k specific stuff in this release then the move from 4 to 5. Even though I feel the same as you, I will still be picking up 7. 700 cars and 30 tracks? I'm in. As for the asset recycling, no one forces you to buy all of the DLC. Although I really wish they would move to a system where you buy DLC cars once and get it in both current versions of FM and FH, at the very least you can skip it for one of those games and just collect it with the next that comes out. For instance I snoozed on FM5 because it had so little content, bought FM6 with Seasons Pass + Porsche expansion, bought FH3 barebones (but got the awesome expansions) and am looking forward to getting all of the FH3 DLC cars with FM7. Which I'll probably get Ultimate again, and then repeat the same pattern with the next Horizon.

Edited by user Friday, July 14, 2017 12:02:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 12:13:58 PM(UTC)
All I want my character to wear are brown leather cowboy boots, Blue jeans , a white T shirt, and a Black leather jacket with Aviator sunglasses....because I want him to go directly to the dangerzone and kick over some ashtrays!

Edited by user Friday, July 14, 2017 12:14:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 12:25:16 PM(UTC)
@ Big Dap Pacino: Just make sure the cockpit opens before he ejects...

@ Suprafiend: That guy is way off base. Most of those things I would not want to see in a FM because they are just so off the rails from what FM has been about. Rally? Dirt already has this perfected. Drag? Seems very limited. Some things like custom FOV have been asked for but are difficult to implement on console. And please no story mode for career. Just racing. Sports games doing this is very annoying.

-k
#43 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 12:55:48 PM(UTC)
@Kdogg788 Spot on!
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 2:34:40 PM(UTC)
Agree on the Story Mode, never want to see that in FM (though FH basically has one it and it works ok there, but thats a ligher game). But no to Rally and Drag racing? Really? The Rally racing was awesome in Gran Tursimo 4. Thats FM's biggest failing IMO, is that it hasn't branched out enough within the realms of motorsport. It has wheel to wheel racing down to a T, and basically nothing else. Drifting, Rally and Drag racing are all huge pieces of the motorsports world with huge followings, they deserve to be in FM. Just because they're not your cup of tea doesn't mean they shouldn't be in this game. What is there in those departments is pretty weak to put it lightly. I thought for sure with the huge focus on offroading that FH3 had that rally was going to be the center piece of FM7, but alas no, its mostly a graphical update with more cars, tracks and eye candy. The dude is right, FM is long over due for a big evolution. The core game has idled for too long, its time to shake it up a little. But my point was, I understand why 7 is what it is, lets hope 8 is the game changer. If they idle this franchise too long, they're going to get knocked off the top. Just like they did to Polyphony.

Edited by user Friday, July 14, 2017 2:35:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 7:19:08 PM(UTC)
They really need more tracks more than adding rally which is really an entire different game. Even the Dirt series disappoints with the number of environments they bring in each game. I expected Dirt 4 to ship with twice as many tracks. Forza is best served bringing more tracks than attempting to compete head to head with Dirt Rally. With PC2 I was initially impressed with the number of environments until I found out how many of them were karting and rally cross tracks. They need to correct some things that they do now before they go into a totally different genre.

-k
#46 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 7:43:58 PM(UTC)
Can we design your own driver suit and hemlets?
#47 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:39:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SupraFiend Go to Quoted Post
Agree on the Story Mode, never want to see that in FM (though FH basically has one it and it works ok there, but thats a ligher game). But no to Rally and Drag racing? Really? The Rally racing was awesome in Gran Tursimo 4. Thats FM's biggest failing IMO, is that it hasn't branched out enough within the realms of motorsport. It has wheel to wheel racing down to a T, and basically nothing else. Drifting, Rally and Drag racing are all huge pieces of the motorsports world with huge followings, they deserve to be in FM. Just because they're not your cup of tea doesn't mean they shouldn't be in this game. What is there in those departments is pretty weak to put it lightly. I thought for sure with the huge focus on offroading that FH3 had that rally was going to be the center piece of FM7, but alas no, its mostly a graphical update with more cars, tracks and eye candy. The dude is right, FM is long over due for a big evolution. The core game has idled for too long, its time to shake it up a little. But my point was, I understand why 7 is what it is, lets hope 8 is the game changer. If they idle this franchise too long, they're going to get knocked off the top. Just like they did to Polyphony.

I agree with most of this, apart from the storymode part.

I tend to find racing for the sake of it gets old eventually, especially when you've done it for the nth time since the dawn of racing games.

A story to the career helps keep things flowing along, some motivation to continue with the career.

Quote:
With PC2 I was initially impressed with the number of environments until I found out how many of them were karting and rally cross tracks.

At least they're trying something new. If it works, great! If it doesn't, take a look at what went wrong and remedy it for the next game.
#48 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 9:03:44 PM(UTC)
Yeah, one area Forza falters for me is in giving me motivation to match the content. A decent story mode could potentially help on that front.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#49 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:36:12 AM(UTC)
Custom avatar clothing, sounds good Racing a Caddy with your avatar wearing a tiny String Bikini 😍
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:27:49 PM(UTC)
Will we be able to also choose which drink the driver has? I expect some loons would still choose Gatorade for a Monster sponsored team!
35 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error