4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:48:53 PM(UTC)
As I qualified for the finals at Le Mans I have a question with regards to the prizes.

Sadly I will not be able to attend due to my physical disabilities preventing me from travelling. Am I right in assuming that the allocated pot of cash is going to be shared to those who actually attend?

If this is the case then it sits rather uncomfortably with me. When I entered this competition I never knew the finals would be offline. Personally I feel those who qualified but cannot attend should recieve at least some prize. The cash prizes should of already been allocated for 1st to 100th and not based on the numbers attending. You could argue that due to being disabled means those attending will recieve a higher cash prize albeit only slightly.

Apologies if I have got this wrong.
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:18:57 PM(UTC)
It's not just you man, me and no doubt a few others over here across the pond have gotten screwed over because we're expected to drop 1500$ on a flight with little notice. It is an absolute slap in the face for us and I think you're right, the players unable to attend should at least receive some sort of compensation for their efforts. But considering they seem to be too lazy to even get a wheel for one of the wheel users that qualified I doubt that is actually going to happen.
#3 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 9:18:00 AM(UTC)
i hope there is. i cant make it as well becsuse im unable to leave cuz im tsking car of a dieing family member.....
#4 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 12:10:49 PM(UTC)
There is "only" prizes for Top 72 who will attend. If less than 72 attend, prize pool will shared for the remaining. Prize Money for Place 1-3 is fixed, rest is open till the Event takes place.

That is stated in the official rules book
#5 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 10:22:38 PM(UTC)
im not worried about money...lol i would be happy with FH3 code lol., or just a t-shirt or something...lol... ...
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 1:21:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: aTTaX Patohm Go to Quoted Post
There is "only" prizes for Top 72 who will attend. If less than 72 attend, prize pool will shared for the remaining. Prize Money for Place 1-3 is fixed, rest is open till the Event takes place.

This is wrong on so many levels.

1. It should of been mentioned right from the start the finals would be offline and that where and when this was taking place should of been announced much sooner.

2. The organisers have most probably made plans for food, tickets, accomodation for 100 people and yet it is most likely only between 50-60 will turn up. I cannot see many outside of Europe turning up unless all their expenses are paid. I imagine alot of money will be wasted here.

Now I shall explain why im really upset.

Im now in my late 40's and over 20 years ago before I became disabled I used to play many sports including, Ice Hockey, Football, Basketball. Infact it is due to these sports why I am disabled. I used to become very depressed due to not being able to play sports until online gaming came on the scene and especially Forza 2. The Forza Franchise has become a new sport for me which has become an outlet for my competitive spirit.

I am not worried about money but saddened I cannot continue to compete. Also because of what I say about the numbers attending it will mean a cash prize will be given to anyone who is fortunate enough to turn up regardless of how they perform at Le Mans.

#7 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:50:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPS IVORBIGUN Go to Quoted Post

1. It should of been mentioned right from the start the finals would be offline and that where and when this was taking place should of been announced much sooner.

2. The organisers have most probably made plans for food, tickets, accomodation for 100 people and yet it is most likely only between 50-60 will turn up. I cannot see many outside of Europe turning up unless all their expenses are paid. I imagine alot of money will be wasted here.

Im now in my late 40's and over 20 years ago before I became disabled I used to play many sports including, Ice Hockey, Football, Basketball. Infact it is due to these sports why I am disabled. I used to become very depressed due to not being able to play sports until online gaming came on the scene and especially Forza 2. The Forza Franchise has become a new sport for me which has become an outlet for my competitive spirit.

I am not worried about money but saddened I cannot continue to compete. Also because of what I say about the numbers attending it will mean a cash prize will be given to anyone who is fortunate enough to turn up regardless of how they perform at Le Mans.

They told us since the beginning the finals would be offline. They always said that it would be at a special location to be announced in the future. Heck, I even told Swerve that the finals may be in LA because of E3.

Also, as I said before, you can still attend even with your disability... At the Forza Fuel Challenge my friend in a wheelchair went and participated. They are excellent at providing accomodations for you if you are disabled.

Unless you are not even able to use a wheelchair, then I do not see a reason why disability would prevent you from participating. Please come join us! I really would like to meet the person behind the greatest battle I've ever had on track in Forza! Lol
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:53:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DVR trypassin Go to Quoted Post
im not worried about money...lol i would be happy with FH3 code lol., or just a t-shirt or something...lol... ...

I would love a t-shirt. I'd wear it all the time just like I wear the Mustang GT polo-style shirt I won from the Peterson automotive museum comp.
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 8:00:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PPS IVORBIGUN Go to Quoted Post

They told us since the beginning the finals would be offline. They always said that it would be at a special location to be announced in the future. Heck, I even told Swerve that the finals may be in LA because of E3.

Also, as I said before, you can still attend even with your disability... At the Forza Fuel Challenge my friend in a wheelchair went and participated. They are excellent at providing accomodations for you if you are disabled.

Unless you are not even able to use a wheelchair, then I do not see a reason why disability would prevent you from participating. Please come join us! I really would like to meet the person behind the greatest battle I've ever had on track in Forza! Lol

If it was in LA I would go in a heartbeat.

I wish I could go. I literally just moved and have spent close to 10 grand getting my old house nice, moving expenses, and new furniture and I'm closing on the day we have to meet in Paris. Lol. That's life for ya.

I would love to put faces to people I race and get a few beers together.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 3, 2017 11:31:00 AM(UTC)

I do use a Electric wheelchair to get around. However to use a wheelchair would require someone to accompany me and that isn't possible. Also I am told racing will be through the night which again isn't something I could do.

I appreciate your comments though and that you are just trying to help me get to Le Mans. Could you share the link of our battle again as I do remember it well.

Edited by user Saturday, June 3, 2017 11:31:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 8:17:40 AM(UTC)
did anyone else get a email form forza travel saying that they are working on prizes for those who couldnt make it??
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 11:53:23 AM(UTC)
did anyone else get a email form forza travel saying that they are working on prizes for those who couldnt make it??

Nope.
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 3:02:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Nope.

me neither
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:08:53 AM(UTC)
So ive yet to recieve an email despite being invited to the finals.

Should I email gfinity in regards to what I've been told is a swag bag for those who reported they couldn't attend?

Don't want to create a fuss. What do y'all think?

If it's a FM t-shirt you better believe I'll wear that in all its dorkiness around town. Just saying. Free marketing! Lmao.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 8:58:14 AM(UTC)
From what I understand you should get the goodies bag we all got in the event. That includes the ForzaRC bag, the Forza RC T-Shirt, The ForzaRC hot/cold liquid container, and the ForzaRC Power Bank.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:53:22 PM(UTC)
From what I understand you should get the goodies bag we all got in the event. That includes the ForzaRC bag, the Forza RC T-Shirt, The ForzaRC hot/cold liquid container, and the ForzaRC Power Bank.

Are they going to send an email out for that? lol
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:36:18 AM(UTC)
whats a power bank??? lol

Notification

Icon
Error