#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:27:24 AM(UTC)
https://www.forzaracingchampionship.com/#forzarc-chinajoy-invitational-announce

Quote:
FORZARC @ CHINAJOY 2017!

The Forza Racing Championship is heading to ChinaJoy 2017! On July 28 and 29, Microsoft and Forza will host the Forza Racing Championship ChinaJoy Invitational : The Chevrolet Cup. This event will be held at the ChinaJoy Xbox Booth and the winner could get a chance to join a future Forza Racing Championship event.

Qualifying for the ChinaJoy Invitational will consist of two weekly Rivals events in Forza Motorsport 6. The first event is open now (look for the “ForzaRC ChinaJoy Qualifier #1” in the Community Monthly section of Rivals), and will run until July 2. This event features the 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport on Sebring International Raceway. The second qualifier will begin on July 3 and will run until July 9. Each qualifier will see the top eight Chinese players qualify for the ForzaRC ChinaJoy Invitational. Note that qualification for this event is only for Chinese residents. To learn more about the ChinaJoy Invitational and to register check out the official ForzaRC ChinaJoy Invitational Web site.

https://forzarccj.gfinity.net/
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/rvm_6_26_17

pic: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/05/22/updates-about-our-microsoftevent-in-shanghai

https://twitter.com/Microsoft/status/866973583775473665

Announcing Windows 10 China Government Edition and the new Surface Pro
MAY 23, 2017 5:22 AM
By Terry Myerson / Executive Vice President, Windows and Devices Group
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/05/23/announcing-windows-10-china-government-edition-new-surface-pro

Quote:
I’m also excited to announce that we’re bringing the next season of the Forza Racing Championship, the most inclusive racing competition in gaming, to ChinaJoy in Shanghai this summer. Forza is the highest acclaimed, best-selling racing franchise of this generation, and has been a fan favorite since launching in China.

---

July 27-30, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/ChinaJoy-796536520423145/
http://2017.chinajoy.net/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Digital_Entertainment_Expo_%26_Conference

Edited by user Monday, June 26, 2017 4:45:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:33:15 AM(UTC)
It seems a bit too early for Season 4, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Chinese-exclusive sub-season.

Personally, I don't see ForzaRC Season 4 happening until the release of Forza Motorsport 7.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:40:38 AM(UTC)
Well that was a quick announcement. Pretty cool location
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:12:05 PM(UTC)
Considering how it is in July. I would not be surprised if it was indeed there. Usually you get 1 to 2 weeks notice before the actual event, so that is just enough time for qualifiers and then the final.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:04:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
It seems a bit too early for Season 4, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Chinese-exclusive sub-season.

Personally, I don't see ForzaRC Season 4 happening until the release of Forza Motorsport 7.

It's a legit source. I am sure it is indeed season 4. Besides, no one likes waiting so long in between seasons.

Hopefully it will turn into a format more like league where you have small kind of local tournaments, a mid season invitational, more small local tournaments, and a big final where the best performers throughout the local tournaments qualify to the once per year grand finals. I want to see more regional tournament a like Forza Le Audi so that the fiasco that just happened in. Season 3 with the Le Mans travel expenditures are mitigated. That way everyone can attend their local tpurnament (local as in NA, EU, Asia, Oceania, etc), and then the best performers in those tournaments go to a big event somewhere. Get what I'm saying?
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:59:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post

It's a legit source. I am sure it is indeed season 4. Besides, no one likes waiting so long in between seasons.

Hopefully it will turn into a format more like league where you have small kind of local tournaments, a mid season invitational, more small local tournaments, and a big final where the best performers throughout the local tournaments qualify to the once per year grand finals. I want to see more regional tournament a like Forza Le Audi so that the fiasco that just happened in. Season 3 with the Le Mans travel expenditures are mitigated. That way everyone can attend their local tpurnament (local as in NA, EU, Asia, Oceania, etc), and then the best performers in those tournaments go to a big event somewhere. Get what I'm saying?

Or just do national championships for more populace countries and regions for the rest.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:23:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Or just do national championships for more populace countries and regions for the rest.

Yes. That works out too.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:37:18 AM(UTC)

^ This times a million.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:26:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR M Rossi Go to Quoted Post

^ This times a million.

I for one loved Forza Le Audi last year and I know Asix and Anto loved the event they had at Le Mans last year. It would be awesome to see more of those local ones throughout the world!
#10 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 10:17:37 AM(UTC)
The first qualifier is about to start fyi. Went into the messages section in-game and got a rivals recommendation for it.
#11 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 1:36:01 PM(UTC)
The rival message states, for our players in China, to go online to register to compete.

Can we confirm if this is a China/Asia event only?
#12 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 4:43:29 PM(UTC)
Announced in the June 26 Rear View Mirror article and at
https://www.forzaracingchampionship.com/#forzarc-chinajoy-invitational-announce

Quote:
FORZARC @ CHINAJOY 2017!

The Forza Racing Championship is heading to ChinaJoy 2017! On July 28 and 29, Microsoft and Forza will host the Forza Racing Championship ChinaJoy Invitational : The Chevrolet Cup. This event will be held at the ChinaJoy Xbox Booth and the winner could get a chance to join a future Forza Racing Championship event.

Qualifying for the ChinaJoy Invitational will consist of two weekly Rivals events in Forza Motorsport 6. The first event is open now (look for the “ForzaRC ChinaJoy Qualifier #1” in the Community Monthly section of Rivals), and will run until July 2. This event features the 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport on Sebring International Raceway. The second qualifier will begin on July 3 and will run until July 9. Each qualifier will see the top eight Chinese players qualify for the ForzaRC ChinaJoy Invitational. Note that qualification for this event is only for Chinese residents. To learn more about the ChinaJoy Invitational and to register check out the official ForzaRC ChinaJoy Invitational Web site.

https://forzarccj.gfinity.net/

Edited by user Monday, June 26, 2017 4:44:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 4:55:39 PM(UTC)
Confirmed to be only for China. They will take the top 8 Chinese players from each qualifier. That basically means everyone who participated from China will get to go. Lol.
#14 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 5:23:41 PM(UTC)
Confirmed to be only for China. They will take the top 8 Chinese players from each qualifier. That basically means everyone who participated from China will get to go. Lol.

Excellent opportunity for Chinese players. The larger and more diverse the community, the better it will be for everyone.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:41:55 AM(UTC)

Even if they are dreadfully slow it will still get a lot of views at the event. I'm sure many will see how bad they are and think that they could do much better which may bring in some great players.

I mean it's China. There has to be thousands of great unknown Forza players.
#16 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 4:49:09 PM(UTC)
#ForzaRC ChinaJoy Invitational livestream and FM6 gift car

Quote:
The Forza Racing Championship ChinaJoy Invitational has begun. In fact, by the time you’re reading this, the first day of competition will already be complete and the finalists set for Saturday’s racing action. While you won’t be able to watch the show live as it happens from ChinaJoy 2017 in Shanghai, we will be producing a pair of broadcasts from both days of competition. Our Day 1 Recap show will air on Mixer and Twitch at 9 a.m. Pacific on Saturday, July 29 (aka tomorrow). The Day 2 Grand Finals will air on Sunday July 30, also at 9 a.m. Pacific. (Note that our regularly scheduled #ForzaFriday livestream is cancelled today as a result of the ForzaRC events.)

In addition to our recap broadcasts, we’re celebrating the ForzaRC ChinaJoy Invitational with a special ChinaJoy-themed gift car, heading out to all Forza Motorsport 6 players. With a sparkling ChinaJoy livery created by our own Little Vixen, this car is the perfect way to rev up for a weekend of ForzaRC action. Look for the gift car to hit your Forza 6 inbox starting today. Whether you’re watching the livestreams on Twitch or Mixer, or enjoying our video on demand versions which will be uploaded to the Forza YouTube channel on Saturday and Sunday, we hope you enjoy all the racing action!

www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_7_28_17
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:24:10 AM(UTC)
The finals are live right now: https://mixer.com/ForzaMotorsport
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:57:16 AM(UTC)
Here are the final results from ChinaJoy. Tied in points, ChicPizza edged out Jrich921 for the win thanks to a lower combined time. They're part of the Mordor Game Club: www.mordorgameclub.com/

Edited by user Sunday, July 30, 2017 9:00:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 6:44:50 AM(UTC)
VOD of the Finals: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X8PzdZxnFY

Rear View Mirror has a written overview of the competition this weekend:
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/rvm_7_31_17

Notification

Icon
Error