This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
54 Pages<<2627282930>>PrevNext
#676 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:42:41 PM(UTC)
My request to Forza
Can you please increase the garage limit?
550 cars is a bit to Low already
Can you please increase the garage limit In Forza Horizon 4 to about 700
#677 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:47:39 PM(UTC)
A cursory search on the internet will bring up all sorts of "issues" posts when it comes to Racing Wheel usage in Forza Horizon 4; and regardless of the content of the post it all seems to be due to one issue that Turn10 has only made clear within its "Wheel Setup & Tuning" page.

Here's the paragraph that answers most of the issues surrounding Forza Horizon 4 and Wheel Support:

Quote:
Normal vs Simulation Steering
Having the option to choose between “Normal” or “Simulation” steering is the assists menu is one of the reasons so many players of different skill levels can enjoy Forza games, whether using a gamepad or a wheel. Forza is known for being controllable and natural on a gamepad and these systems are a major component of that feeling. There are multiple systems layered together to create Normal steering. Simulation Steering turns these systems off. The input layers of these systems are turned off any time you use a wheel, regardless of the steering setting.

This means, quite frankly... if you're playing with a controller, your car flat out handles BETTER.

If you're playing with a controller and you're on a street race, in a 200mph supercar... and your wheel grazes the dirt edge of the track, the car will laugh it off, you won't lose your steering line and you will be right as rain when you're back on asphalt.

However, if you're on a wheel... no matter what settings you use, Normal or Simulation, no matter what tweaks you can do to your tuning, no matter what FFB settings, no matter what you do in your wheel's control panel (on PC), that touch of dirt will result, 100% in at LEAST a rewind, as your car will go careening and spinning out of control...

... you know, like a real car would.

So the real question is: is this good?

The day will grow long and dark before you will get sim-racers and arcade-racers to agree on which is "better..." but the real issue, is that Forza Horizon 4 removes the "choice" of the matter. Again...

Quote:
There are multiple systems layered together to create Normal steering. Simulation Steering turns these systems off. The input layers of these systems are turned off any time you use a wheel, regardless of the steering setting.

The real key here is the phrase "regardless of the steering setting."

Bottom line: If you use a wheel, you are playing a driving simulation, and not a "video game" anymore. There's no option for all those "multiple systems layered together" to give your racing wheel the same handling benefits as controllers. None. Wheel = Spinnaroony unless you're the most seasoned of seasoned sim-racers. This gives a definite tier-advantage to expert controller users over expert sim-racers... and gives a HUGE deficit to casual wheel users over casual controller users.

What I want:

An "arcade" setting for the wheel. Something that gives the same stability and traction/recovery benefits as the "Normal" gamepad setting, but usable with the wheel. This would let causal/arcade players like myself enjoy Forza Horizon 4 on a whole greater level.
 3 users liked this post.
#678 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:25:27 PM(UTC)
I have a simple wish. Please please give us back voting option! Right now team adventure and ranked adventure seems to be endless stream of dirt and cross country racing :((
#679 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:21:41 PM(UTC)
Removed Aston Martin DB10 from incorrect/bad sounds list on page 20. The sound for this car has been patched and now it has the sound of V8, like the actual car. I hope more sounds will get fixed!

To keep it on topic, I also would like to see Rivals mode improved as many people want.
Why is my avatar different here than on the Xbox...
#680 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:24:42 PM(UTC)
In offline mode, all Drivatars have Level 1 and all drivatar level caps are grey colored.

In FH3 all drivatars were colored depending on which level you have in real.

The designs in offline mode are also not displayed by the creators.

Why are the colored levels above the cars taken over by FH3?

This little feature would give us even more festival feeling.

I do not understand that so many other players notice it. Does not it bother when all Drivatars in Offline Mode Level 1 and then all in gray colour?

PLEASE add in Offline mode fully colored Level caps over the cars like FH3!!!!!

#681 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:41:22 PM(UTC)
Please add the option to change decal material tyoes, this is such a basic feature that honestly shiuld be a part of such a detailed and well designed editor.

So many cars hsve matte/chrome decals and strips on them, having decals whos material is only cjanged by thr base paint it inherits is in my mind, a massive dissapointment.

Games like Need for Speed, with a much more stripped down editor allow players to use sliders to edit the glossiness and reflectivity of each individual decal, I am dumbfounded as to why Forza does not have this option.

Please add this in an update, I would like a reason to design wraps again.
#682 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 9:38:21 PM(UTC)
let us buy character items with our saved up credits instead of us unlocking them with the stupid wheelspin. Because when items are locked behind pure luck.
#683 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:47:19 PM(UTC)
Can you PLEASE add separate FFB slider for off-road/gravel road roughness?

I can get very very nice FFB in Forza Horizon. By using Damper 0% and Minimum Forces 100%. This gets rid of the center deadzone, and gives very good detail of what car is doing. Very enjoyable to drive on asphalt roads.

But this results in a bit too harsh feedback on gravel roads and cross country. Could there be separate slider?

So ones who like a immediate, sharp feedback with no center deadzone, could make the gravel driving a bit smoother. Then the FFB would be perfect for game like this. But game has lot of off-road driving, too strong feedback can get a bit tiring. But it's necessary to have strong, to get best feeling on asphalted roads. Slider would be perfect solution

3 users liked this post.
#684 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 11:09:12 PM(UTC)
I believe most of the ranked team adventure issues have been mentioned here, but I'm not sure, if this one is:

More lower class races (A class and below). Currently it's just S2 and S1, rarely A class and never below that.
 1 user liked this post.
#685 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:47:56 AM(UTC)
- Allow player to freely walk around the houses you own with a first person view. Could be very relaxing looking at the lake and landscape while the sun set and would make houses a bit more "friendly".
Because for now, they are just buildings that gives perks, very impersonal.

Adding this would be very easy to do and will add a bit more roleplay.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:49:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#686 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:51:23 AM(UTC)
I would love a turbo 5cylinder inline engine swap on the Volvo 242.
I drive a 240 with a Volvo 850 turbo five engine in real life and they are common in Sweden.

More Turbo five cylinder engine swaps please!<3
 1 user liked this post.
#687 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:41:37 AM(UTC)
I wanna see some ......

BBS RS (with and without fans)
OZ Racing Splitrims
Old school AMG optional wheens
Wheels from different cars in the same brand, for example, M5 wheels on a M3, R34 wheels on a R32

Anyone else sick and tired of these old wheels?
#688 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:16:31 AM(UTC)
Please remove clothing items, horns and dances that we've already gotten from our future wheel spins.
They kind of feel like a big middle finger when you land on your third pair of tropical leggings, especially when you spent forzathon points to get the wheelspin.
At least 1000 credits is enough for a flywheel upgrade or something.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:00:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#689 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:01:02 AM(UTC)
higher taxes in auction house, so the pieces of cake (u know what i mean) who are using friends (or 2nd account) to "save" their auctions that are going "not so well as they wanted" will stop.
worst auction system ever seen in online games, slow, long loading time between pages, and too low taxes that permit people to "cheat"
(if their car is going to 250k with buyout at 1 mil and only 5 min to end, a friend will buy the car and put the car again in auction)
clap clap clap, congrats for the high IQ used to create a so awful system.

with whellspins so "based on low luck" (i only find cosmetics) and rich cheaters who abused glitches and are dominating auction house...

i think i won't renew gamepass till you fix at least the auction house, the game is already not so funny after a week for many reasons, and with the auction house in that condition i'm not interested in "pay to not have fun"

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:52:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#690 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:23:04 AM(UTC)
Have a way for civic leader to set a way point or marker on the map for everyone in the convoy.

We were doing danger zone jumps and it’s more of a challenge to communicate which one to go to next than it should be.
 2 users liked this post.
#691 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:48:24 AM(UTC)
By now, most of you will have noticed that the map filter and statistics mention businesses while currently there is just one to own: The World's Fastest Rentals.

Forza Horizon 4 features a lotof fashion items (has someone counted the stuff?). Some are to your taste, some are not.

And here comes my brilliant business idea: a Second Hand Shop!
There you could dump all your unwanted clothes, shoes and other wearables and increase your daily income. Your income would be directly linked to your racer's level (more for prestigeous elite players!), you know what some crazy people pay for Madonna's used stage bra or signed soccer star tricots.

It would add so much depth to this title.

Got a brilliant business idea too? Share it with us!
Persona non grata. Account under moderation. Any post with criticism won't be forwarded.
It would have been less hypocritical to just ban me permanently...
 2 users liked this post.
#692 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:58:18 AM(UTC)
Personally I am not the biggest fan of having clothing items locked in the wheelspins but understand the teams motivation of including them. However, I would really appreciate more regular and down to earth clothing items opposed to glitter top hats and chicken suits.

Also a racing helmet with a vinyl/decal editor would be really great.

As for PVP I would like to matchmake for any race or event under a certain discipline, street racing, road racing, DRIFTING etc. instead of traveling to a specific race and then matchmaking for that specific race, hoping that someone will be willing to play.

Blueprint your own championships/playlists of multiple races

Seasonal events need more variation, way too many autumn seasonal races use the same maps and routes than summer events did.

Seasonal event championship payouts need a significant bump. Winning a 3 race PVP championship gives you only 14k credits?

A LOT more love for A class and below, they are way more fun classes to race than S2 and X.

MORE DRIFT EVENTS

MULTIPLAYER DRIFT EVENTS

CHOOSE YOUR OWN CAR FOR DRIFT CLUB MISSIONS

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:00:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Inertia creeps
 2 users liked this post.
#693 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:13:57 AM(UTC)
I know people have likely already mentioned it but.... just so it reinforces that I feel strongly about these features I will post some of my thoughts for improvements that would take this game an really elevate it to being one of the best racing games.

First off congrats to the team for making a great driving game, beautiful environment, the seasons and the way the tracks change feels amazing.

My main issues are all surrounding the multiplayer in its current state. so with that said here are a few things I feel are really important to the longevity of this game:

- Bring back voting for the events.

It allows for class selection. It lets you choose what mode you want to play. It just seems crazy this idea was dropped. in the game as it is now you might as well not even have cars in D C B because you'll never get to use them online. S1 and S2 are fun from time to time but they are my least favorite classes to be playing all the time.

- Bring back the online adventure like it has been.

Having the improvements made to the team games is fantastic, I mentioned in another threat praising the improvements made to playground games with teams. fantastic. BUT it gets boring fast when every event is team based. it also saps some of the fun of winning a championship when everything is team based. Not to mention having everything be team based has made many races into destruction derby's more then races. Its more a competition of who has the heaviest car to push the other teams drivers out of the check points.

An thats it... I actually have very few gripes about this game. I miss my datsun 2000 but ill live.

The downside about these gripes I do have though is that my friend an I played 100s of hours of FH2 and FH3 but almost all of that is in the online adventure. So if the current FH4 online adventure is here to stay, and we just have to live with it... we likely will stop playing FH4 long before we even get to 100 hrs. Which is a shame because we have been looking forward to this game for a long time and we really love the series.

I would love to know if these changes are something that is possible to patch or update into the game.... even if that update is months away, if they are at least possible that would be great. I dont mind waiting for them.
 1 user liked this post.
#694 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:57:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: igrvks Go to Quoted Post

Also a racing helmet with a vinyl/decal editor would be really great.

This is an awesome idea. It’d be great for the main series too. And it’s true to life as well. F1 driver’s helmets are a big deal, whether it’s the changes to Vettel’s helmet every race or Senna’s and Stewart’s classic designs.

Good suggestion.
#695 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:27:26 AM(UTC)
I would like to see a PVP mode where players would be able to race for some kind of pink slips. My suggestion is that the winner get the opportunity (not mandatory) to buy the loser's car for the actual car's value with all the modifications included and the loser get the money to avoid a situation when one doesn't have any more cars and doesn't have money to buy a new one. ;)
#696 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:09:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LoneNovaScotian Go to Quoted Post
I know people have likely already mentioned it but.... just so it reinforces that I feel strongly about these features I will post some of my thoughts for improvements that would take this game an really elevate it to being one of the best racing games.

First off congrats to the team for making a great driving game, beautiful environment, the seasons and the way the tracks change feels amazing.

My main issues are all surrounding the multiplayer in its current state. so with that said here are a few things I feel are really important to the longevity of this game:

- Bring back voting for the events.

It allows for class selection. It lets you choose what mode you want to play. It just seems crazy this idea was dropped. in the game as it is now you might as well not even have cars in D C B because you'll never get to use them online. S1 and S2 are fun from time to time but they are my least favorite classes to be playing all the time.

- Bring back the online adventure like it has been.

Having the improvements made to the team games is fantastic, I mentioned in another threat praising the improvements made to playground games with teams. fantastic. BUT it gets boring fast when every event is team based. it also saps some of the fun of winning a championship when everything is team based. Not to mention having everything be team based has made many races into destruction derby's more then races. Its more a competition of who has the heaviest car to push the other teams drivers out of the check points.

An thats it... I actually have very few gripes about this game. I miss my datsun 2000 but ill live.

The downside about these gripes I do have though is that my friend an I played 100s of hours of FH2 and FH3 but almost all of that is in the online adventure. So if the current FH4 online adventure is here to stay, and we just have to live with it... we likely will stop playing FH4 long before we even get to 100 hrs. Which is a shame because we have been looking forward to this game for a long time and we really love the series.

I would love to know if these changes are something that is possible to patch or update into the game.... even if that update is months away, if they are at least possible that would be great. I dont mind waiting for them.

This, and ditching freeroamrush.

1 user liked this post.
#697 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:37:32 AM(UTC)
Let us pick our class & racetype again in multiplayer...
 1 user liked this post.
#698 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:04:42 PM(UTC)
Difficulty: It seems that upping the difficulty doesn't actually increase the skill of the AI driver, it just gives them a better car that is quite literally, as the setting is named, "unbeatable". At least, without cheating or cutting corners, crashing into the lead car, ridge racing, etc.
I tested this by turning on the driving line and doing my absolute best run on the hardest difficulty on a few races and was not able to get to first place with the starting deficit. The first place car is basically lapping me by the end. I am not a pro player by any means but doing my best run with the best car allowable doesn't even get me close to winning without cheating by kamikaze, etc.

Drifting: I have never been great at it but it seems as though the point requirements for 3 stars are extra difficult even with drift focused pre-built/tuned cars. I appreciate a challenge but we probably shouldn't have to be in the top 100 drifters in the world just to 3 star the single player stuff. Save the real challenges to the online PvP.

Auction house: If the developers asked players if they would be ok with only being able to sell cars to the auction house and not back to the game (even for a steep discount) the vote would've been 100% against it. Why this is in the game, I can't fathom. It needs to be changed. I'm stuck with worthless cars I will never use that no one will buy in the auction house because EVERYONE is stuck with them. It's not like there is even an achievement for collecting X amount of cars anyway.

Online: For a game focused on online interactions, this really needs work. More than half the time it will say match found and then after 5 mins say not enough players. Can't even find a ranked match. Forzathon works at least. I've also noticed having to press X to join a random match or miss it after waiting 5 mins is a huge pain. Sometimes if I'm waiting that long for a match to start, I'm not holding the controller ready to press a button. If I am searching for a match, just put me in one, I can pick the controller up when I see it starting.

I have played every Forza game as they have been released and I'm a huge fan. I loved Horizon 3 as most everyone did and these are changes that shouldn't have been made and need to be fixed to make this game perfect. I'm sure I forgot one or two things but I can add them in later if I think of them. These are the major ones.

I can think of a lot of things to praise the game for but I really wanted to make note of how impressed I am that they got the acceleration of the Regera right. No transmission acceleration is amazing and I'm glad they programmed it right.
 2 users liked this post.
#699 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:28:29 PM(UTC)
Although I would ultimately like to see wheelspins removed entirely in favor of progression mechanics that aren't based on chance, I do have a few thoughts on how to improve wheelspins from where they are now that could be done without completely having to rebuild the game's progression.

1. Add a cosmetic item shop where most clothes, emotes and horns (except maybe for the legendary ones) can be purchased for credits. Expand the Forzathon store to have more than one clothing item per week and carry only items that aren't in the regular cosmetic shop.

2. Remove common, uncommon and rare cosmetic items from wheelspins so only legendary and epic ones are available. Maximum of one cosmetic item per super wheelspin. If a cosmetic item is already owned, replace it with an equivalent credit payout.

3. Allow duplicate cars obtained via wheelspins to be sold instantly like in FH3. The auction house is flooded with worthless common cars right now that nearly everyone has already from wheelspins so they don't sell. "Winning" them again in a wheelspin feels like a loss, and this would at least let us get something for them while preserving the option to still potentially get more from selling them on the Auction House.

4. Reduce the variance in wheelspins. Remove the really low payout options and reduce the frequency of the really high payouts so the average payout stays the same but there's not the really "cheap" wheelspins that frustrate the player. Big wins would be rarer as well, but would actually be something special instead of a counter to all the terrible spins. Regular wheelspins should have a small chance at items normally available only via super wheelspins.

5. Add minimum guaranteed payouts for super wheelspins. These wheelspins are supposed to be special, but feel even cheaper and more frustrating when a poor spin comes up than the standard ones with being much rarer and containing items that aren't available via standard wheelspins. A guaranteed payout could be something equivalent to at least 200,000 credits or so between cars and credits, plus at least one rare item and a much higher chance than we have now of getting items only available via wheelspins.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:44:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#700 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:44:56 PM(UTC)
Probably a relatively small request but something I'd rather appreciate. Having had a play in the MGB, the 3.9l v8 is a really nice engine and should be available in more cars. As a wish/recommendation, the removal of the 6.2l v8 swap for the 1983 Volvo 242 leaves an 8 cylinder gap in the Volvo's swap lost that could be filled rather nicely by the 3.9l. It isn't an overpowered engine and fits in with the other swaps when comparing horsepower, torque and weight figures. The fact that it's arguably the nicest sounding engine in FH4 also helps of course.
Controller drifter and really, truly terrible photographer.
Member of The Usual Suspects.
Also a massive fan of Crumpets
54 Pages<<2627282930>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error