1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 4:29:46 AM(UTC)
In the rulebook it says leaderboards will be updated every 3 days. It's day 5 and no info.

Normally I wouldn't care much, but I'm really eager to learn if there is a penalty for having the rewind assist set to ON. Turn 1 at hockinheim is easy to dirty accidently so I'd really loved to change mine from OFF to ON. Lol.

I'm assuming there are unforseen data transfer issues.
#2 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 8:50:25 AM(UTC)
Tiers have been created on the LB's now, but no data yet.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#3 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 9:35:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LMP Riptide Go to Quoted Post
Tiers have been created on the LB's now, but no data yet.

You're right!

Rule change maybe? Don't recall reading anything about tiers.
#4 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 11:54:56 AM(UTC)
My guess (perhaps I should say hope) is that the top LB is for the global Leaderboard whereas the tiers is some kind of rating system for the races. Once again this is my wild guess.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#5 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 4:06:40 PM(UTC)
If only they would communicate things instead of having us guess.

The second rivals event is about to finish and we still have no updates on the leaderboards on gfinity's site.
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 10:24:40 PM(UTC)
Still no leaderboards posted for Recreation series.. how are you supposed to put in the time and effort if you do not your current placing etc.👎
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 11:07:36 PM(UTC)
For the recreational series you can check it in game. That one doesn't matter at all. The issue is with the elite one since it is based on points.
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 6:57:29 PM(UTC)
The in game leaderboard would show everybody not just the recreation competitors. Is this right?
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 1:25:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRK333 Go to Quoted Post
The in game leaderboard would show everybody not just the recreation competitors. Is this right?

I think so, that's why it's frustrating to keep us in the dark. I remember in the middle of the week checking the leader and he was taking crazy shortcuts so his lap was totally dirty. No way the overall leaderboard would be representative. Plus, even people who put good times with valid laps might not have registered for the competition. This organization is lacking a lot...

Edited by user Monday, May 8, 2017 1:26:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 1:40:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ze Sennas Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GRK333 Go to Quoted Post

I think so, that's why it's frustrating to keep us in the dark. I remember in the middle of the week checking the leader and he was taking crazy shortcuts so his lap was totally dirty. ...

If his lap was dirty, he wouldn't be the leader. Dirty laps don't go to the top of the board.

And if Forza said it was clean, then that's all there is to it.

#11 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 7:49:17 AM(UTC)
Week 1a leaderboards have been posted.

I guess it's fair to say that you can have the rewind assist set to ON.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 7:49:10 PM(UTC)
It's Tuesday 3.45pm here in New Zealand and I have just checked gfiinity site and I am yet to see a leaderboard. The competition has been running 9 days. Like Connor says deja vu. This relates to the recreation comp.

Edited by user Monday, May 8, 2017 7:55:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 10:27:14 AM(UTC)
Leaderboards are now posted... and you see immediatly the Problem witch this stupid Points System... 200 + People Share Pos. 54, Place 47 - 53 = same Points... how will the places been determined?!

And... Races SHOULD be PRIO 1 for qualification... you can be sure, that every qualifier for the Races (EU) will be qualified by RIVALS... [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:46:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:27:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: aTTaX Patohm Go to Quoted Post
Leaderboards are now posted... and you see immediatly the Problem witch this stupid Points System... 200 + People Share Pos. 54, Place 47 - 53 = same Points... how will the places been determined?!

And... Races SHOULD be PRIO 1 for qualification... you can be sure, that every qualifier for the Races (EU) will be qualified by RIVALS... [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Yep. Very bad points system.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:47:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:52:25 AM(UTC)
Since they are keeping track of everyone's rivals time they could sort players by lowest cumulative rivals time where players are tied in Championship Points.
I don't think they're doing that when I look a the Rivals Leaderboard Total. Compared my times against RPM Swerve and HLR King Cobra. I'm tied with both of them in Championship Points but, IMHO they should both be ranked higher than me in the overall since they're cumulative rivals times are faster than mine. However, when I look through the LB, Swerve is above me but Cobra is below me.

GT - Wk1a - Wk1b - Total
RPM Swerve - 01:26.856 - 01:35.078 - 03:01.934
HLR King Cobra - 01:27.280 - 01:35.946 - 03:03.226
Shaggy SoCal - 01:27.505 - 01:35.853 - 03:03.358

Haven't dug into the rules to see if they've listed Championship Points tie breakers, but the total rivals time would be a good way to determine who is faster over the entire series of events.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 12:22:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Since they are keeping track of everyone's rivals time they could sort players by lowest cumulative rivals time where players are tied in Championship Points.
I don't think they're doing that when I look a the Rivals Leaderboard Total. Compared my times against RPM Swerve and HLR King Cobra. I'm tied with both of them in Championship Points but, IMHO they should both be ranked higher than me in the overall since they're cumulative rivals times are faster than mine. However, when I look through the LB, Swerve is above me but Cobra is below me.

GT - Wk1a - Wk1b - Total
RPM Swerve - 01:26.856 - 01:35.078 - 03:01.934
HLR King Cobra - 01:27.280 - 01:35.946 - 03:03.226
Shaggy SoCal - 01:27.505 - 01:35.853 - 03:03.358

Haven't dug into the rules to see if they've listed Championship Points tie breakers, but the total rivals time would be a good way to determine who is faster over the entire series of events.

You may be right. It would be a good tie breaker. Nice catch! I don't recall seeing tie breaker rules but they could add those in fairly easily. Seems fair to me.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:53:54 AM(UTC)
Sounds like a fair Solutions... but still a bit unfair...

As soon as I placed 51 - 200 and dont see the possibility to break through the Top 50, i gave up, because I still earn the same points...

Im pretty sure i good have gone faster some tenth total, if i know in advance that the time will be crucial.... In the end this will be very Close...
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 11:49:28 AM(UTC)
the top rivals players that have times up in the race quilifer?? hows this gunna play out?

Notification

Icon
Error