3 Pages123Prev
 3 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:35:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR TYSKlE Go to Quoted Post

There is a unfair advantage to those that have not used racing line from the start. 3 weeks is no where near enough time to get used to this.

I actually needed 90 minutes. There are enough spots on the track to use for braking. If it's a shadow, a line, the 3rd last tire, etc.

Edited by user Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:36:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Signature loading please wait ...
#52 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:52:11 AM(UTC)
I'm sure if we all had your abilty to play the game it would take us all 90 minutes. But let's just say it is that easy to pick up. What's the point in turning it it off if it's not going to make it harder. I tell you why because it's got naff all to do with making it harder and more about the image of the game.
#53 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:55:20 AM(UTC)
Coming from a braking line user, i didn't really have any problems with the line being forced off, it just takes a bit longer to find your limits. I've seen someone in this thread mention there isn't any brake references.....I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I've used all sorts to help me find a braking reference from tyre marks and curbs to flags and random buildings.

The main problem i had was the rules changing so close to the start of the series, but i'm hoping they will learn from this if they do future events.

"Regardless of how you personally feel about the rule change just ask yourself do you want a event that only the very best (top 16) can enter and win prizes"

In reply to this, i think a lot of people are extremely lucky to have a chance at even participating in an esports event, you go to any other game and you literally have to be the best to get anywhere or win anything. Forza has continued to make the FRC as open and approachable as possible, but it still doesn't seem to stop people from crying that they can't win something etc.... as blunt as it might be, if your dream is to be in the centre spot light on an esports stage, you going to have to work for it and get to a high level of your chosen game. This event will be inviting 108 players to the grand final!........come on now, if you think that's catering to the elite of the elite you really need to get a job in politics and make use of some of that bs.

#54 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 5:14:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CAR Amarth Go to Quoted Post
Coming from a braking line user, i didn't really have any problems with the line being forced off, it just takes a bit longer to find your limits. I've seen someone in this thread mention there isn't any brake references.....I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I've used all sorts to help me find a braking reference from tyre marks and curbs to flags and random buildings.

The main problem i had was the rules changing so close to the start of the series, but i'm hoping they will learn from this if they do future events.

"Regardless of how you personally feel about the rule change just ask yourself do you want a event that only the very best (top 16) can enter and win prizes"

In reply to this, i think a lot of people are extremely lucky to have a chance at even participating in an esports event, you go to any other game and you literally have to be the best to get anywhere or win anything. Forza has continued to make the FRC as open and approachable as possible, but it still doesn't seem to stop people from crying that they can't win something etc.... as blunt as it might be, if your dream is to be in the centre spot light on an esports stage, you going to have to work for it and get to a high level of your chosen game. This event will be inviting 108 players to the grand final!........come on now, if you think that's catering to the elite of the elite you really need to get a job in politics and make use of some of that bs.

Agreed with you and box. There are enough reference points to get the job done and eventually muscle memory helps with the other corners. For me it's a two day process. Day 1 is doing a shake down. Day 2 is where big time gains occur from errors remediate from the previous day. After that it's fatigue that'll determine final results.

And yes the FRC is truly open. I've tried the halo route but learned quickly it was a pointless effort. Forza has made it easy to achieve greatness.

I know this no line thing will pay off eventually. For me it's acceptance that this FRC isn't my time yet to breakthrough but I can see improvement from other FRCs.
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 5:39:27 AM(UTC)
The double-apex hairpin at Hock (where the Nat circuit splits from the GP one) is the only corner I've found so far without a super-convenient marker, where I'd have to use judgment. The hairpin in the stadium complex isn't brilliant either, but at least there are track marks I can use there. That said, I've only done 5 laps.
#56 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 5:56:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
The double-apex hairpin at Hock (where the Nat circuit splits from the GP one) is the only corner I've found so far without a super-convenient marker, where I'd have to use judgment. The hairpin in the stadium complex isn't brilliant either, but at least there are track marks I can use there. That said, I've only done 5 laps.

I've not done any running yet with the line off but i did watch one of my team mates laps last night to take a mental note of possible braking points, and the one you mentioned will definitely be a tricky one. At first i noticed there is a green patch of like artificial grass or something on the left, im going to try braking just after i pass it to begin with.

#57 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:02:39 AM(UTC)
I may have come across as sounding like I'm bitter over prizes this is not true at all. Tbh the prizes are not the point for me its about the end result and wether or not there is a point in taking part. I was very happy with the unicorn cars from the leagues in season 1.

I dont think halo or other competitive games really compare to forza. We have maybe 2 or 300 competetive players at any one time and that's being generous. Those other games most lickly have 1000s of competetive players making it even harder to take part. My point is we need more players not less and it needs to be easier for ppl to be competitive. We have no chance of getting as big as halo or other games if we keep making it harder and harder.

I accept that T10 and gfininty are including more ppl in the offline events that's great but it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back imo. More could be done to make it worth while for ppl outside the 108 to take part like turning the line on or better still let us fight it out together

Edited by user Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:42:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:45:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CAR Amarth Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post

I've not done any running yet with the line off but i did watch one of my team mates laps last night to take a mental note of possible braking points, and the one you mentioned will definitely be a tricky one. At first i noticed there is a green patch of like artificial grass or something on the left, im going to try braking just after i pass it to begin with.

There's a junction to an access road off the right hand side that can probably be used when in chase cam, but it's not much use in cockpit. The 2nd hairpin is actually better than I thought as there's a tire wall that ends close enough to where I want to brake to be useful and means I'm not looking for scuff marks on the track.
#59 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 12:17:54 PM(UTC)
Just done a quick 5 or 6 laps with the braking line off which is how I would usually run, and found it not to bad. Just followed the ghost an adjusted braking accordingly where I thought I could gain. Quit pleased with it first attempt really, still a good 5 seconds behind laige, but hey you gotta start somewhere, it's a good challenge I think 🤔.

I say quick at the start, what I mean is in terms of time on the xbox, not as in lap time.... If you know what I mean.

Edited by user Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:08:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 9:32:44 AM(UTC)
Just checked the leaderboard out and only 2000 ppl have done catalunya national qualifier. Along with the 190 that are signed up to do the races that's not very high numbers. If this trend continues it will result in a winner being drawn from a pool of less than 3000 players. That's a 75% reduction compared to season 1 that saw 10000 people signed up on the esl website. That dosnt sound very inclusive to me in comparison. Further more it begs the question is the winner from season 1 more credible than the winner of season 3?

Admittedly this event is dlc only but that in combination with the racing line being turned off is clearly putting ppl off from taking part.

I really hope you guys can see this from my perspective. High participation means greater success and a much bigger achivment for the over all winners. Ultimately getting the sponsors brand noticed by more playes. Better exposure for the sponsors = more prizes for eveyone. T10 dropped the ball here with the dlc they could of easily promoted the pack more and discounted it while promoting the event as 1 for all skill levels. I reject that the recreation is a suitable place for anyone other than horizon fans.
#61 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 9:51:25 AM(UTC)
Just checked the leaderboard out and only 2000 ppl have done catalunya national qualifier. Along with the 190 that are signed up to do the races that's not very high numbers. If this trend continues it will result in a winner being drawn from a pool of less than 3000 players. That's a 75% reduction compared to season 1 that saw 10000 people signed up on the esl website. That dosnt sound very inclusive to me in comparison. Further more it begs the question is the winner from season 1 more credible than the winner of season 3?

Admittedly this event is dlc only but that in combination with the racing line being turned off is clearly putting ppl off from taking part.

I really hope you guys can see this from my perspective. High participation means greater success and a much bigger achivment for the over all winners. Ultimately getting the sponsors brand noticed by more playes. Better exposure for the sponsors = more prizes for eveyone. T10 dropped the ball here with the dlc they could of easily promoted the pack more and discounted it while promoting the event as 1 for all skill levels. I reject that the recreation is a suitable place for anyone other than horizon fans.

This is the first FRC that is a month long grind. I know of several players who chose not to participate because it would take too much of their time.

In addition the site doesn't show all accounts created. It only shows those accounts that have signed up for races. The races are restricted for whatever reason to 192.

However given the round 1 rivals participation, I'd venture the no line thing really turned away people and accounts created are significantly less than previous FRCs.

However the winner will likely be from the same group that always makes it to the finals. This will never change unless some old vet like Davey return or a young kid gets gud. JSR Rayzer and theBrainDamage seem to be the only notable big dogs not on the boards.

Flat out, if the prize structure was known, more people will participate if for example making it to the grand finals wasn't a qualification for a prize of some sort. With this being hush hush, the tourney being a grind to many (I think this change was good), no line (so far this is showing who really has skill) have individually contributed to a decline.

This is the first tourney that feels elite. I've noticed some ESL players who would barely beat me in rivals no longer playing in season 3. Makes me think the no line thing scared them.

Edited by user Friday, May 5, 2017 9:53:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 2:30:47 PM(UTC)
I'm looking forward to see the race on Brands Hatch with the Wheelie Car of the game. At least it looks like a Porsche.
#63 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2017 4:12:41 PM(UTC)

DLC will have less players for sure... No idea why you complain about that...

Racing line is turned off because this is an Elite event. It is there for the best of the best, not some one who wants to pretend to be the best. The leaderboard for the even is literally full of the same names in the positions you would expect them to be in. line on/off had no effect on them/us. Regardless of whether it was on or off, the same pros would still qualify just like they are doing it right now. If anything, you should be complaining about Asia having its own qualifying region considering they are by far the smallest region when it comes to Xbox in general. This translates to a very low population of Forza drivers from that region. I do not even think I see anyone from Asia within the top 50 of the two rivals event we've had so far.

If you want to race with the line on, go and participate in the recreational series. You can win up to $300 per week!
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 12:11:07 AM(UTC)
I reckon just the fact that you have to access the rivals event from the DLC section instead of the usual Rivals section will have had a bigger effect than anything else. The only people who have set a time are those who went looking for it. Previously you'd likely have seen lots more drive-by single laps from players who weren't really bothered but spotted the event because they were in the Rivals section and decided to have a go anyway.

That and the fact that the game is almost 2 years old now and much fewer are playing it.
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 12:38:41 AM(UTC)
I personally don't have an issue with no braking line as it doesn't take long to figure out your braking points. I have used everything from a hut on the left around Catalunya to a piece of astroturf around Hockenheim. However I am not keen on forcing people to only use certain assists. If someone wants to use braking line, TCS/STM etc then they should be allowed to do so. They obviously will not be competitive but at least you're giving them the choice.

On a different note im not happy with the overall structure of this competition. In the Rivals you have to be top 50 and it seems those between 51st-200 get the same points! Your other option is the races for those lucky enough to have registered in time. You then have the Lotto of the first bend in round 1 as the grid will be set to random.

Personally I cannot see myself progressing very far. I finished around 78th in both rival events. I am only signed up for the first 2 races and on standby for the other 2.
#66 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 2:23:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post

DLC will have less players for sure... No idea why you complain about that...

Racing line is turned off because this is an Elite event. It is there for the best of the best, not some one who wants to pretend to be the best. The leaderboard for the even is literally full of the same names in the positions you would expect them to be in. line on/off had no effect on them/us. Regardless of whether it was on or off, the same pros would still qualify just like they are doing it right now. If anything, you should be complaining about Asia having its own qualifying region considering they are by far the smallest region when it comes to Xbox in general. This translates to a very low population of Forza drivers from that region. I do not even think I see anyone from Asia within the top 50 of the two rivals event we've had so far.

If you want to race with the line on, go and participate in the recreational series. You can win up to $300 per week!

Its not complaining it's a disscussion

Have u actually looked at the lb and seen where rossi crav and chemical have placed. All outside the top 12 and all frc finalists.

I don't think it was intended to be an event for the best of the best but it sure is and there isn't more 25 of them. I can't see a 25 person event doing that well in the future. More will have to be done for the rest of the top 300 who are in my eyes extremely capabe and should not be over looked

Edited by user Saturday, May 6, 2017 2:24:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 7:45:36 AM(UTC)
What are you smoking? The event is for 108 people...
#68 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:28:13 PM(UTC)

Yep.

Pretty much if you run top 50 every rivals event you are highly likely to make the finals via rivals.

The next 50 will come from players placing 51-350 on the boards if they do the races.

I'm not sure what will be done with asia/Oceanic with the low volunteer numbers. Still hasn't been sorted so I'm assuming things are still in flux with races.
#69 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 2:22:29 AM(UTC)

108 ppl of wich 25 are the best of the best is what I was trying to say
#70 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:10:42 AM(UTC)
You also said that they are not doing anything for the rest of the top drivers when in fact they are bringing 108...
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error