56 Pages<<5253545556PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1326 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:35:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
One thing I did notice, they dont make you race any classes lower than B. Probably because any cars under that wont go fast enough to make the loops?

Nah. You can take loops easily enough in C or even a good D class car. I've done a handful of Hot Wheels Championships in those classes and they're often more fun for me just like the mainland races. There are a couple of long vertical (or possibly upside down, it gets hard to tell) sections that can be problematic, though. Of course, one such section is a problem at the higher classes, too, as you can fly off the track if you go too fast just as well as if you go too slow. And there might be a jump or two that don't have boost pads which might be impassable - leastways there was one in C class the computer kept falling short on even though I was able to make it.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#1327 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:51:10 PM(UTC)
Noticed a bad glitch in the last race I did. I messed up the start of a sprint race big time. Probs my fault for using a stupidly heavy car (Plymouth Fury) on the summit sprint where you go right up the mountain near the start. But managed to claw back some places. I encountered I think 4 AI cars stopped or going very slowly on the track, when I approached them I found that I could drive straight through them like they're ghosting but whilst I'm playing offline???
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 12/29/2044 10:18:18 AM(UTC)
#1328 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:12:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumerableToast Go to Quoted Post
Noticed a bad glitch in the last race I did. I messed up the start of a sprint race big time. Probs my fault for using a stupidly heavy car (Plymouth Fury) on the summit sprint where you go right up the mountain near the start. But managed to claw back some places. I encountered I think 4 AI cars stopped or going very slowly on the track, when I approached them I found that I could drive straight through them like they're ghosting but whilst I'm playing offline???

Sounds like the AI fell off the road, or missed a jump. I've seen them spawn back on the track, luckily not as a solid entity
Complain about everything...Appreciate Nothing...Blame Everyone Else...
#1329 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:21:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cherry Sparkles Go to Quoted Post

Sounds like the AI fell off the road, or missed a jump. I've seen them spawn back on the track, luckily not as a solid entity

Its hilarious to see the AI fly off, thats how you know you better get your tune down pat if they cant even stay on the track HAHAHA
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#1330 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:36:56 PM(UTC)
I thought they must've reset from flying off the track! It is fun seeing the AI mess up. Happens alot on HW I've noticed haha
User is suspended until 12/29/2044 10:18:18 AM(UTC)
#1331 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:27:13 AM(UTC)
I thought they must've reset from flying off the track! It is fun seeing the AI mess up. Happens alot on HW I've noticed haha

How did you get on with the HW Goliath blueprints? I've done 5 laps on it and seem to be getting about the same XP and CR an the main land but it's quicker laps. There was another one I did 10 laps on that went through the half pipe, that gave some great XP :)

Complain about everything...Appreciate Nothing...Blame Everyone Else...
#1332 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:23:22 PM(UTC)
Btw, did anyone try to get all stars on HW?

Do we get something like the Ram Runner HE? Maybe the Mini John Cooper Works HE?

Edited by user Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:24:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1333 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:21:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreddyRacer1985 Go to Quoted Post

Do we get something like the Ram Runner HE? Maybe the Mini John Cooper Works HE?

You don't get anything for getting all medals, sadly.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#1334 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:41:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MuoNiuLa Go to Quoted Post

Maybe all medals AND completing all championships? Anyone tried that yet?
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#1335 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:58:56 AM(UTC)

I got all the stars/medals and only got an achievement. Indeed, I've more completely finished this expansion than I did the main game or Blizzard Mountain. I believe I've only got about half the championships left and I'll have all the achievements. I dislike the star/medal system, but it wasn't as frustrating in the HW expansion as in BM. And I hate drifting, but found all the drift zones doable - I had little luck with them in BM, and was flummoxed by several in the main game.

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#1336 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:49:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MuoNiuLa Go to Quoted Post

Maybe all medals AND completing all championships? Anyone tried that yet?

Did it all, finished it a few days ago. You get nothing but I do notice theyre just giving away cars for doing forzathon
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
 6 users liked this post.
#1337 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:59:19 AM(UTC)
It amazes me how some of you guys get through the game so fast. Where do you find the massive amounts of time to do it? I have just gotten all the Danger Signs, Speed Zones, Speed Traps, all 3 stars. Plus all the XP signs. I have 3 starred all the B-class races and all but one of the A's. I just can't seem to get passed the last one with 3 stars, needing 25000 XP. I have gotten as high as 23,+++ but I will keep trying. I just can't seem to find an A-class cars that I really like on this particular track. It is the Stunt something or other.

It's a "fine line" between progess in game and keeping the Wife somewhat happy.
 1 user liked this post.
#1338 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 5:10:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
It's a "fine line" between progress in game and keeping the Wife somewhat happy.

Yeah sorry can't help you there, this forum is about Forza and the Hot Wheels Expansion.

Best of luck to you, most of us have the same....."fine line" to walk.
HSV
I just want one!
#1339 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:08:20 PM(UTC)
It amazes me how some of you guys get through the game so fast. Where do you find the massive amounts of time to do it? I have just gotten all the Danger Signs, Speed Zones, Speed Traps, all 3 stars. Plus all the XP signs. I have 3 starred all the B-class races and all but one of the A's. I just can't seem to get passed the last one with 3 stars, needing 25000 XP. I have gotten as high as 23,+++ but I will keep trying. I just can't seem to find an A-class cars that I really like on this particular track. It is the Stunt something or other.

Pretty sure I did it in Torana HE. very fast accel and occasionally did very mild e brake drifts to keep up a couple of chains. It was a pretty long track if I remember. My biggest problem was managing the undbeatble HLR MOSS drivatar for the win. I believe I had to turn down the difficulty for this one so it might not be the best car. But because it was a drift skills car I got a little bit of a bonus for the drifts.

I know drifts aren't your thing and I'm not saying to pull off good drifts. But on some sweepers I just tapped ebrake just enough to loose traction to get a drift skill while still accelerating and keeping up speed. So clean skills, speed skills were the main focus and minor minor ebrake drifts to keep a chain going.

The car accelerates awesomely so I didn't start from the front to get some passing, triple pass etc skills as well as clean start. I blast past unbeatable drivatars in this car on starts

I hope this may help.
 1 user liked this post.
#1340 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 12:11:45 AM(UTC)

Some of us are free men without a wife to answer to. Imagine being able to engage in your hobbies as much as you want, without any guilt, without needing to justify it to someone else. I guess this is an alien concept to some.
 2 users liked this post.
#1341 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 4:25:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

It's a "fine line" between progress in game and keeping the Wife somewhat happy.

Some of us are free men without a wife to answer to. Imagine being able to engage in your hobbies as much as you want, without any guilt, without needing to justify it to someone else. I guess this is an alien concept to some.

Its not about guilt, its about being a decent human being. I haven't even gotten my hands on the Hot Wheels expansion yet (though hopefully this week I will!). Between work, family, friends, and prior commitments, video games are actually pretty low on the list of priorities. Don't confuse an abusive relationship with having a life.

I too sometimes wonder how some people can breeze through campaigns and expansions so quickly. Some people are just insanely good at the game, and can nail every goal and achievement on the first try. But there are others who (I assume like you) prefer to spend a majority of their time playing the game. Not everyone has such strong dedication to a video game.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#1342 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 5:06:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post

Its not about guilt, its about being a decent human being. I haven't even gotten my hands on the Hot Wheels expansion yet (though hopefully this week I will!). Between work, family, friends, and prior commitments, video games are actually pretty low on the list of priorities. Don't confuse an abusive relationship with having a life.

I too sometimes wonder how some people can breeze through campaigns and expansions so quickly. Some people are just insanely good at the game, and can nail every goal and achievement on the first try. But there are others who (I assume like you) prefer to spend a majority of their time playing the game. Not everyone has such strong dedication to a video game.

I see no mention of an abusive relationship even hinted at in the above post just the words am free to do as I please. And he is correct no wife or kids any more can do what I want when I want with out having to put others first. Yea to freedom.
User is suspended until 2/2/2046 1:34:58 AM(UTC)
#1343 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 5:08:14 AM(UTC)

You can blue print and add weather or more laps makes it easier to get the 25,000 you need.
 1 user liked this post.
#1344 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 5:21:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: A J T 67 Go to Quoted Post

I see no mention of an abusive relationship even hinted at in the above post just the words am free to do as I please. And he is correct no wife or kids any more can do what I want when I want with out having to put others first. Yea to freedom.

The parts about guilt and "needing to justify it to someone else" seem to indicate a bad relationship. The people I love know that I enjoy video games and they never make me feel like I have to justify my time spent playing them. If you have family, friends, or significant others who ask you to justify your hobbies and guilt you into spending time with them, that is not a healthy relationship. Or you are addicted and have replaced social interaction with video games, which is also not healthy.

I agree that not having a wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/kids/etc. opens up more time to enjoy your hobbies, and I don't think that's a concept that is foreign to anyone. Even when I didn't have a girlfriend or a full-time job, I found it impressive how some people find time to complete video games in such a short amount of time. I guess I simply didn't play as often or as well as they did.

Edited by user Friday, May 19, 2017 5:28:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1345 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 6:12:19 AM(UTC)
Its not about guilt, its about being a decent human being. I haven't even gotten my hands on the Hot Wheels expansion yet (though hopefully this week I will!). Between work, family, friends, and prior commitments, video games are actually pretty low on the list of priorities.

The people I love know that I enjoy video games and they never make me feel like I have to justify my time spent playing them. If you have family, friends, or significant others who ask you to justify your hobbies and guilt you into spending time with them, that is not a healthy relationship. Or you are addicted and have replaced social interaction with video games, which is also not healthy.

This is going to sound corny but it warms my heart to see someone say this. You've definitely got your priorities right.
Sometimes I feel like many gamers don't care about others... Thanks for reminding me that there are some decent people among them.
#1346 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 7:00:44 AM(UTC)
At AJ pretty sure the 25k one is exhibition only (unable to blueprint anything but stunt swaps) also in pretty sure it's a point to point but I could be mistaken about the P2P part
#1347 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 9:29:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PervasiveFall8 Go to Quoted Post
At AJ pretty sure the 25k one is exhibition only (unable to blueprint anything but stunt swaps) also in pretty sure it's a point to point but I could be mistaken about the P2P part
You are correct, P2P.

4 users liked this post.
#1348 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 9:59:41 AM(UTC)

Pretty sure I did it in Torana HE. very fast accel and occasionally did very mild e brake drifts to keep up a couple of chains. It was a pretty long track if I remember. My biggest problem was managing the undbeatble HLR MOSS drivatar for the win. I believe I had to turn down the difficulty for this one so it might not be the best car. But because it was a drift skills car I got a little bit of a bonus for the drifts.

I know drifts aren't your thing and I'm not saying to pull off good drifts. But on some sweepers I just tapped ebrake just enough to loose traction to get a drift skill while still accelerating and keeping up speed. So clean skills, speed skills were the main focus and minor minor ebrake drifts to keep a chain going.

The car accelerates awesomely so I didn't start from the front to get some passing, triple pass etc skills as well as clean start. I blast past unbeatable drivatars in this car on starts

I hope this may help.

I will try this tonight or tomorrow and see what happens, thanks.

I guess what with my spending 2 hours of each day commuting, 9 hours in the office, time to eat supper, spending a couple of hours with the Wife, finding time to read (I read 2-3 novels a week), and now getting back in to playing guitar again, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for Forza. And that's not counting yard work, vehicle maintenance, and other things like Grandkids soccer games, concerts and like tonight 8th grade graduation. Oh, and occasionally sleeping.
#1349 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 6:27:36 PM(UTC)
It is a busy time of year.
#1350 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:32:50 AM(UTC)

I hope this may help.

I will try this tonight or tomorrow and see what happens, thanks.

I guess what with my spending 2 hours of each day commuting, 9 hours in the office, time to eat supper, spending a couple of hours with the Wife, finding time to read (I read 2-3 novels a week), and now getting back in to playing guitar again, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for Forza. And that's not counting yard work, vehicle maintenance, and other things like Grandkids soccer games, concerts and like tonight 8th grade graduation. Oh, and occasionally sleeping.

It's not always easy but keeping your run clean and winning will give you the skill points needed for any of the races. I don't remember having to resort to drifts to keep skill chains going.
56 Pages<<5253545556PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error