This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:03:17 AM(UTC)
Hi All,

I see some incredible work in the designs that the community post, but is this all being created using the tools in game or is there a way to upload any photo/graphics and use in game?

thanks
Devin
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:05:14 AM(UTC)
There is no image upload device in Forza, and I hope that there never will be. All the designs you see are made using the vinyl editor in the game.
To lazy to make a real signature.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:28:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DJ Lime Go to Quoted Post
There is no image upload device in Forza, and I hope that there never will be. All the designs you see are made using the vinyl editor in the game.

AMEN!

3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 3/24/2288 12:03:24 PM(UTC)
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:59:20 PM(UTC)

^ This.

With some patience and practice there really is no limit to what you can do with the in-game tools, and I as well sincerely hope they never add an image import feature. Best way to get started is just jump in there and start messing around with stuff, let your creativity take off! Don't let yourself get discouraged if you aren't making triple-A liveries right off the bat, all of the painters you see had to start somewhere too.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:05:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheFishE77 Go to Quoted Post

^ This.

With some patience and practice there really is no limit to what you can do with the in-game tools, and I as well sincerely hope they never add an image import feature. Best way to get started is just jump in there and start messing around with stuff, let your creativity take off! Don't let yourself get discouraged if you aren't making triple-A liveries right off the bat, all of the painters you see had to start somewhere too.

AMEN!
#6 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 10:50:27 AM(UTC)
I'm pretty sure Dan himself doesn't want at all a picture import feature for Forza.
 4 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:30:13 AM(UTC)
There is absolutely no way these are all created using what they gave us. Some car designs I have seen use actual photos on them. I have seen a screen shot from movies on a couple. Not buying it. Something tells me that Turn 10 has allowed their favorite designers to use such a way to use actual photos or it is even an employee who has access to this. So no...not all of what we see is done using what we have.
#8 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:33:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MOOPY SOUP Go to Quoted Post
There is absolutely no way these are all created using what they gave us. Some car designs I have seen use actual photos on them. I have seen a screen shot from movies on a couple. Not buying it. Something tells me that Turn 10 has allowed their favorite designers to use such a way to use actual photos or it is even an employee who has access to this. So no...not all of what we see is done using what we have.

your soo far from the truth bro , these guys are artists they are highly skilled people,practice practice practice and you will get there .some of these guys have been doing this for years matey
 7 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:39:06 PM(UTC)
stuff like this.... how i start and where it ends up

is just a lot of practice. ive painted at least a 1,000 cars since Forza 2. the first paint i did was a skull with 76 layers. now my skulls look more like this

Edited by user Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:40:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:41:46 AM(UTC)
sometimes it is unbelieveable, but yes everthing livery/decal/design is made with the shapes in the livery editor...... it takes time and skill to create something awesome......
 2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:56:42 AM(UTC)

get some actual proof before saying turn 10 covertly give a handful of gamers access to secret tools to make liveries. You can go on twitch and see people painting live or look on you tube and see paints being made

#12 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 1:32:01 AM(UTC)
I highly doubt the Alien DVD Cover/Screenshot I've been seeing in 'Recommended Groups' is made using in-game tools.
[Mod Edit - bypassing the word filter is just plain stupid, go read the rules during your time off- fyerball ]

Edited by user Friday, July 17, 2015 5:25:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:44:00 PM(UTC)
Pretty damn hard to replicate things like Flags or different fonts of letters and numbers to create more things and be more creative. An image uploader would help solve this issue instantly and help broaden the creativity allowed in this game.
 6 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2015 6:17:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoondocksXxXSky Go to Quoted Post
Pretty damn hard to replicate things like Flags or different fonts of letters and numbers to create more things and be more creative. An image uploader would help solve this issue instantly and help broaden the creativity allowed in this game.

...and instantly result in hundreds of cars covered in **** driving round everywhere. Remember, this is the internet, and it's full of nerks who like to ruin everything. (I remember the good old days when you used to be able to play online multiplayer without annoying teenagers screeching racist and homophobic abuse every 2 seconds...)
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:52:28 PM(UTC)
I wish we could upload our work using standard file formats. Some of us are proficient with other tools and would prefer to create there.

How could it possibly be a problem to upload to your user account from a computer and then import the artwork in Forza?

You guys are doing astonishing work.
 4 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 1:56:28 PM(UTC)
I've played Forza since Forza 2. And I spend most of my time in the paint room. And still my designs looks stupid.

I would like to see a time laps video of one of the incredible artists doing the work before I believe it.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 3:26:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rooivok Go to Quoted Post
I've played Forza since Forza 2. And I spend most of my time in the paint room. And still my designs looks stupid.

I would like to see a time laps video of one of the incredible artists doing the work before I believe it.

Not saying i am one of the incredible artists but hey i do ok....

>> https://youtu.be/mQYHnntosLo

not the full design ... but part of the process...
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:33:01 PM(UTC)
There is absolutely no way these are all created using what they gave us.

Originally Posted by: XiaoLongBrawler Go to Quoted Post
I highly doubt the ... ... is made using in-game tools.

Originally Posted by: Rooivok Go to Quoted Post

aha ...

Bruce Lee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-RcjytGdJ4

American eagle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unCb2pNfm1A

Spiderman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8qoewdsx6E

Darth Maul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2bMA_DmCc

"Everybody said it was impossible until someone came along who didn't know that and just did it."

:-)

Edited by user Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:34:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#19 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 1:35:00 AM(UTC)
I've painted since F3, I paint everything but movie cars, I paint the real car or just make it up. I hope they never bring it in so you can just upload a image from photoshop etc, to me thats as bad as those from F4 who bought/stole paint and try pass it of as there own stuff. You either learn to paint and stick it our like me and others have. Or download someones work. Am a good painter but I don't keep up with the pros, I paint best as I can and am happy because I made it. I have no art background either like some painters have or I know.

Edited by user Monday, February 22, 2016 1:44:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Text

#20 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 4:39:09 AM(UTC)
Old post, I know. Try printing an image outline on acetate and taping it to your screen as a stencil to work around (or draw on your screen with whiteboard markers if you like to live dangerously). It requires you to get more done in one shot but you will get more accurate results quicker. Keep in mind though that a cool picture wont make a good design, try creating a design grid to use as an overlay to help organize your visual information and increase the design harmony.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:00:21 PM(UTC)
I already saw the screen of GTA V, and NO WAY THAT´S NOT MADE ON FORZA, it was uploaded. I know because for the last 7 years I extensively dealt with photoshop and I know it´s not a work done on forza editor, even because it has a terrible interface and lack of tools that would ease the process.

there are people hacking the game and replacing the game pics with virtually all photos they want. that´s the truth and once the screen is done, there´s no mechanism to detect if the screen was acquired by hacking tools.

while I have no exact proof to support, this is absolutely what I believe. the game is right, there shouldnt be a way to upload whatever the user want because it´s impossible to track million customers. but I wont investigate more on this, as this is playground´s work.
I´m a highway star, baby...
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:29:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EugenioHZ Go to Quoted Post
I already saw the screen of GTA V, and NO WAY THAT´S NOT MADE ON FORZA, it was uploaded. I know because for the last 7 years I extensively dealt with photoshop and I know it´s not a work done on forza editor, even because it has a terrible interface and lack of tools that would ease the process.

there are people hacking the game and replacing the game pics with virtually all photos they want. that´s the truth and once the screen is done, there´s no mechanism to detect if the screen was acquired by hacking tools.

while I have no exact proof to support, this is absolutely what I believe. the game is right, there shouldnt be a way to upload whatever the user want because it´s impossible to track million customers. but I wont investigate more on this, as this is playground´s work.

Ok.

#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:37:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MR NOSNOW Go to Quoted Post
Old post, I know. Try printing an image outline on acetate and taping it to your screen as a stencil to work around (or draw on your screen with whiteboard markers if you like to live dangerously).

That's how I made most of my logos; you can get near perfect accuracy that way if you spend enough time on it.
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:42:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EugenioHZ Go to Quoted Post

You remind me of myself a few years back when I too was totally convinced and not open to be proofed wrong that some painters have a way to upload these incredible images. Then a friend named GivingUTheGears introduced me on FM4 to some of the DLK painters which today are still famous for their incredible FM paintwork. These guys like Dragon Arts, DontCallMeBruce, DreadWalker73, NigjtstalkerII and others like MeMonkey8Me (and many others which I just cant remember the GT's) opened my eyes and brought me back to earth to realize that I actually knows [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. A few of them have sent (gifted) me some of their creations to take apart and study them which teached me many techniques on how to use what T10 provide in the paintbooth. I am still in their debt today for what I've learned and their help to start painting myself too. I most probably will never reach their level of skill, but what I do know is that these images are not uploaded, but creations of artist that know how to do it.

So you can either belief what you want to, or you can approach some of these painters (some are still around and new ones like SnakeEyes and others joined in) and let them show you and open your eyes. If you prefer to stay ignorant, well then you will never open the door to the real art of FM painting.

Edited by user Friday, November 11, 2016 4:02:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:43:03 PM(UTC)
Sorry, double post

Edited by user Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:45:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up

Notification

Icon
Error