6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
#101 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 12:41:40 AM(UTC)
Should I qualify via the races I wouldn't be able to attend due to being disabled and would not be able to make the journey to France.
#102 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 4:01:04 AM(UTC)
Do not worry. I know of someone with a disability too hat most likely will qualify. Microsoft is pretty excellent in providing you with all the aid that you need, even if you are disabled. In the Forza Fuel Challenge in 2015, when for the launch of Forza 6 Microsoft flew 20 of us to COTA, they provided reasonable accomodations to one that needed a wheelchair to move about. Do not let it limit your achievement! Just attempt to find more information about it before making up your mind. :)
#103 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 5:23:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post

I'm doing that Wednesday before leaving for a beach trip. Even if I don't make it, I'll still need it for the trip I'm taking next year. Might as well get it done.
#104 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 5:36:29 PM(UTC)
And after reading rules about only top 36 getting a free flight out, I'm not going. No way I'll be top 4 in North America via races.

I know plane tickets to Greece from southern US for a little less than a year from now are around $10,000 for 2 people. Prices will be insane for a last minute flight from US to France in a few weeks....thousands...easily. Already spent many of thosands the past two months and not gonna spend all my recouped funds on trip alone to France.

I have no problems participating at home should not enough people RSVP.
#105 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:51:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post

I'm doing that Wednesday before leaving for a beach trip. Even if I don't make it, I'll still need it for the trip I'm taking next year. Might as well get it done.

IVORBIGUN is from UK :P
#106 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:38:25 PM(UTC)
Alie Tacq wrote up a recap of Week 2's Elite series racing in the May 19 Week in Review:
www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_5_19_17

Week 3's Elite Rivals unofficial results:
"Qualifier 6" - Porsche 918 Spyder on Watkins Glen Full Alt
Top time: 1:44.068 (CAR Laige)
Top 1000: ~1:57.4 (nearly all clean lap times earned points)
Total players: 1,697
Hardcore: 336 players

Following last week's schedule, May 21 cup races for EMEA and NA should go by the following times:
12pm BST / 4am Pacific - EMEA Semi-final races begin
3pm BST / 7am Pacific - EMEA Finals livestream begins
6pm BST / 10am Pacific - NA Semi-final races begin
9pm BST / 1pm Pacific - NA Finals livestream begins

Tune in to www.beam.pro/Forzamotorsport for live streaming of each region's finals.

Semi-Final 1 = 2003 Porsche Carrera GT on Bernese Alps Club (9 laps)
Semi-Final 2 = 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder on Watkins Glen Full Alt (10 laps)
Finals race 1 = Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997) on Hockenheim National (11 laps)
Finals race 2 = #17 Racing Porsche Team 919 Hybid on VIR Full (8 laps)
Finals race 3 = 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 on Catalunya National (14 laps)

Check out the new official site www.forzaracingchampionship.com with news articles, video recaps, photo gallery, leaderboards, and schedule graphics.
 1 user liked this post.
#107 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 12:37:21 AM(UTC)
And after reading rules about only top 36 getting a free flight out, I'm not going. No way I'll be top 4 in North America via races.

I know plane tickets to Greece from southern US for a little less than a year from now are around $10,000 for 2 people. Prices will be insane for a last minute flight from US to France in a few weeks....thousands...easily. Already spent many of thosands the past two months and not gonna spend all my recouped funds on trip alone to France.

I imagine many outside the top 36 will be put off from attending especially those outside Europe.

Shame those who either cannot afford or like me physically unable to attend cannot continue to participate. Otherwise I fear the pot of cash prizes will only go to those who already have their expenses paid for.

This is why I preferred the ESL format. Even someone like myself who is top 50 and not top 10 was able to win £90 in cash. Plus I could do this from home!

#108 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 12:54:00 AM(UTC)

Wow, that's expensive. My company paid $US 840 for my flight [economy class] to Paris and back from Johannesburg [RSA] plus costs of Visa. Accommodation seems not that expensive either, depending on how often you plan to sleep and eating habits. Transport might be a headache. Will be sad if some top players will miss the FRC finals and looking at the current LB's, there's some big names that might give it a pass due to costs involved or other limitations.

Edited by user Monday, May 22, 2017 12:54:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#109 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 2:42:44 AM(UTC)
It's a shame that even after all the late rule changes and annocments they still leave it till the last minute to reveal the true cost of this event. This inclusive event has turned into a postcode lottery for the wealthy
#110 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 6:52:49 AM(UTC)
I don't agree with the way people are interpreting the label of "inclusive" being thrown around to describe this competition, since in the same sentence, it's called an "Elite" series. It's not a relaxed league race- There's a lot on the line with prizes and trips to be had. Sure, ANYONE can compete, via Recreational Series on FH3 or the Elite Series on FM6, but no promises were made with everyone being a winner. The NYC Invitational was an exclusive event; the Porsche Cup is not. Anyone that's eligible has a chance.

And if you read through the rules, it says, anyone that doesn't have their travel covered will be STILL given practically everything else. Yes, the flights can be upwards of $1500-$2000, but good luck finding a hotel, paying for food, and everything else. Essentially, GFinity and Microsoft are paying for half your trip if you do not place high enough to have your travel covered. That's still quite an offer to be fair. Those that aren't in continental Europe are at a disadvantage, but it's not impossible.

The last-minute rule changes are definitely not appreciated by the greater community, but, they've got a decent format now that doesn't involve 1v1's. I think GFinity tried to reinvent the wheel when they didn't have to. It's their first go-around, and you know what, they're going to make mistakes. Hopefully they've got 95% of them out of the way now.

That being said, the constant moaning about the "lack of inclusiveness" and "it's just a sweaty hotlap fest" needs to end. What exactly did you think was going to happen? NASCAR only takes the top 43 in their premier series in each race. The Olympics have qualifiers to earn a spot on a national team. Everyone is given the same conditions and those who excel will go forth. Everyone has a CHANCE, but what you make of it is on you. This isn't your pee-wee football league where Little Johnny and Bobbi-Sue get ribbons even though they can't take 3 steps without losing the ball. You have to earn it. If you don't make it, well, you'll have to try harder next time. Best to spend less time venting on these forums and on Twitter, and get to practicing to quicken your pace.
#111 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 7:18:12 AM(UTC)
The Week 4 time trial event (Qualifier 7) to earn a spot in the May 28 Race cups is now open. The top 24 leaderboard times from each region will get to compete on Sunday.

Porsche #26 GT1 on Sebring Full.

Deadline: 11:59pm Pacific time Wednesday, May 24th.

https://forzarc.gfinity.net/elite/timesDates

Edited by user Monday, May 22, 2017 7:19:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 9:59:57 AM(UTC)
Forza RC stands for Forza "rule change"... the way things are going. im sure the rulz will be changed once again b4 its all over....
#113 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 12:38:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: F4H Diablo Go to Quoted Post
I don't agree with the way people are interpreting the label of "inclusive" being thrown around to describe this competition, since in the same sentence, it's called an "Elite" series. It's not a relaxed league race- There's a lot on the line with prizes and trips to be had. Sure, ANYONE can compete, via Recreational Series on FH3 or the Elite Series on FM6, but no promises were made with everyone being a winner. The NYC Invitational was an exclusive event; the Porsche Cup is not. Anyone that's eligible has a chance.

And if you read through the rules, it says, anyone that doesn't have their travel covered will be STILL given practically everything else. Yes, the flights can be upwards of $1500-$2000, but good luck finding a hotel, paying for food, and everything else. Essentially, GFinity and Microsoft are paying for half your trip if you do not place high enough to have your travel covered. That's still quite an offer to be fair. Those that aren't in continental Europe are at a disadvantage, but it's not impossible.

The last-minute rule changes are definitely not appreciated by the greater community, but, they've got a decent format now that doesn't involve 1v1's. I think GFinity tried to reinvent the wheel when they didn't have to. It's their first go-around, and you know what, they're going to make mistakes. Hopefully they've got 95% of them out of the way now.

That being said, the constant moaning about the "lack of inclusiveness" and "it's just a sweaty hotlap fest" needs to end. What exactly did you think was going to happen? NASCAR only takes the top 43 in their premier series in each race. The Olympics have qualifiers to earn a spot on a national team. Everyone is given the same conditions and those who excel will go forth. Everyone has a CHANCE, but what you make of it is on you. This isn't your pee-wee football league where Little Johnny and Bobbi-Sue get ribbons even though they can't take 3 steps without losing the ball. You have to earn it. If you don't make it, well, you'll have to try harder next time. Best to spend less time venting on these forums and on Twitter, and get to practicing to quicken your pace.

For me that's a lot of money that I can't tie up. Really bad timing. In 2 months, sure why not. Lol. Hard to get motivated to squeeze in practicing when skill wise ya already know where you stand. I'd still like to place top 15 for bragging rights, but won't be messing up my trip to make time for Forza.

As a side note, can the next FRC occur when it's not flooding, I'm not in overtime, I'm not moving or have a trip planned during the event? Lmao.

Edit: agreed this was the most inclusive one to date. Probably could be better with the region races but the concept in itself was brilliant.

Edited by user Monday, May 22, 2017 1:04:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 6:10:08 PM(UTC)

That's like giving a person who just got their legs amputated a wheel-chair, but then putting the wheel-chair a mile away from his location and making him crawl to it. What possible use is pre-paid hotel, food, tickets, etc. to a person who cannot even afford to get there in the first place?

Regardless, just blindly assuming that 64/100 people can afford to travel across the globe with little notice is an incredibly naive assumption for any company to make. There's simply no excuses for it, especially with Turn 10 being an American company. Knowing full well that passports here take 6-8 weeks to process without paying extra, they made the deliberate decision to not tell us when and where this event was going to take place until just 4 weeks before the event starts. So that's probably looking at about 60$-$400 plus the 2,000$ it would take to get a flight over here, assuming you can find one that isn't already booked; no doubt France is a popular destination. We're living in a day and age where people plan for big trips like this a year or more in advance for these exact reasons; you can't do something like this last minute.

There's not a single doubt in my mind that there's enough money between Turn 10/Microsoft and Porsche to make sure that everyone who legitimately qualified was able to get a flight and all their legal papers on time if they really wanted to. Very sad to see they appear not to have an interest in that this time around. But regardless, if they had no interest in paying all of the expenses of 108 people, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE INVITED 108 PEOPLE. It's 100% effective and 100% controversy free.

I honestly thought that one of the main points of racing esports was so that the people who end up in these tournaments are there purely because of their skill, not because of their wallet size or because of geographic convenience. Seems like I was wrong this time around. I wonder what kind of excuse the casters are going to have to come up with to explain some of the empty seats?

Edited by user Monday, May 22, 2017 6:11:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:55:04 AM(UTC)

Not really.

It was pointed out on previous RCs that basing qualification solely on a Rivals challenge where players can sweat an infinite number of laps until they fluke a near-perfect one massively favours those without, you know, jobs and families and stuff, and won't necessarily always result in the best or fastest racers qualifying for what is supposed to be a race series. Whether or not you think this argument has any merit, Gfinity and T10 did think it had merit, as it was the entire reason for the Race qualifying route in the first place. But to then put those races behind a Rivals qualification anyway (instead of, say, running a whole bunch of Ghost races to whittle a large field down to just a few dozen good racers) completely defeated their original purpose.

Personally, I don't think it would have made a huge difference to the top 200 and likely no difference at all to the top 16, but that's not really the point.
 3 users liked this post.
#116 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:40:15 AM(UTC)
Spot on mate.

I have always said hotlapping isn't just about ability but how much free time you have to run that perfect lap. So far I have qualified for all the races but I still don't agree with the format. The standard of racing has been disappointing aswell. I have been either smashed off or braked checked.
#117 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:52:20 AM(UTC)

Season 1 had the leagues, season 2 had the consolation cup. What does season 3 have for those outside the top 24 per region absolutely nothing. Yet we are still expected to make up the numbers so the event has some sort of crediibilty. After all if nobody takes part then it's going to look pretty silly claiming this is the best of the best when only 1500 ppl entered compared to 10000 in season 1.

I see what they tried to do and I agree that this is a once in a lifetime chance for a big number of ppl. I thank t10 and porsche giving everyone this chance. I just hope next season they think about everyone else that has stuck by and supported forzaRC from the start. ForzaRC was a huge priority for our team as there was something for every skill level it suited a good portion of our team and now we only have 4 ppl that could qualify for the offline 2 of which have no chance of making it.

Look I want the best of the best to race together and provide a great show for us all. I want the profile of the tournement to be increased pulling in huge sponsors and bigger prizes. This won't happen unless a bigger portion of the competetive community are included.
 1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:13:33 AM(UTC)
@Rossi

I doubt there will be empty seats tx3 and bam have a huge presence in France and could probably provide players if need be. Also they will probably go down the list and invite the next person until all seats are filled. Those ppl will get even less notice and you could end up with a very diluted field of players certainly not going to get 108 of the best players on forza. So that argument is fairly mute it's more like 36 of the best players and the rest will be random wealthy ppl. I don't think this is how they intended it to end up but these are the consequences of
Rival being dlc only
Racing line turned off
Being tight on flights
last minute rule changes
Limited notice for travel
Poor timming (exams)

This could of been avoided if they had only been more honest and open with the community a pit fall that T10 seem to have infected gfininty with. Cough... ESL
#119 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:44:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GTR TYSKlE Go to Quoted Post
@Rossi

I doubt there will be empty seats tx3 and bam have a huge presence in France and could probably provide players if need be. Also they will probably go down the list and invite the next person until all seats are filled. Those ppl will get even less notice and you could end up with a very diluted field of players certainly not going to get 108 of the best players on forza. So that argument is fairly mute it's more like 36 of the best players and the rest will be random wealthy ppl. I don't think this is how they intended it to end up but these are the consequences of
Rival being dlc only
Racing line turned off
Being tight on flights
last minute rule changes
Limited notice for travel
Poor timming (exams)

This could of been avoided if they had only been more honest and open with the community a pit fall that T10 seem to have infected gfininty with. Cough... ESL

I think at this stage T10 care less if the 64 non paid invitees accept invitation or not and will not invite substitute drivers [save for those that qualify in both Race and Rivals]. They have served their purpose.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:45:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#120 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:12:07 PM(UTC)
The timing likely had legal reasoning to be announced so late. Look at the NYC Invitational- The driver's knew in Mid-March but they event wasn't public knowledge until Mid-April, literally 3 days before the weekend began. In the days leading up to the event, GT Sport and PCars made announcements including Porsche's in their upcoming titles. I don't think that was a coincidence.

I don't think releasing information on the finals so late was wise, but, it seems to be T10's go-to w/ advertising strategy. I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I'm not a marketing guy, but I know it frustrates us racers.

MS and Porsche investing a LOT of money in this event, but I think the mistake people made was that qualified = paid for. It's been the standard for events like Forza Fuel and the 24 Hours le Forza, but that goes out the window when you open the event up to 100+ people. That's 4-5x more money strictly spent on logistics. When they announced the 108 person field, the first thing I thought was, "no way are they paying for everyone to go", and my hunch was right. They're already guaranteeing 36 people full rides (2x as many as any Forza event in my recent memory), which at about $2000 each (low-ball estimate) costs close to $75k strictly just to be there. Now imagine the costs of paying the GFinity and T10 staff, rental of gear, their travel and lodging... that's just the tip of the iceberg. This whole event from the beginning, with everything included, probably has a price tag of close to, if not more than, $1 million. Just the finals are going to take like 1/2 of that. If you look at real-life races, there are entry fees. Not including having the console and game to begin with, the only thing you would've needed to pay for is the Porsche DLC pack, which at it's highest was $20. If you really that fact right there takes away from the "inclusiveness" of this event, you need to re-evaluate. Simple as that.

Is it reasonable for people to just plunk down $1k on a flight to France, or for those who don't have a passport to get a new one expedited? No, it isn't. I won't be going unless I qualify through the NA Racing Path, because I can't drop the cash. But for someone that lives in Continental Europe, the train ride to Paris won't be more than maybe $300, then to Le Mans probably another $50 on top? Then once you get to Le Mans, everything is paid for in advance. Those in the US/Not Europe don't enjoy that same luxury, but the opportunity is there for those that live close enough.

I think this is just the start of eSports and Forza making their way to the big stage. I'd expect more opportunities to come that meet or exceed what we've seen.
 1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:19:05 AM(UTC)
The timing likely had legal reasoning to be announced so late. Look at the NYC Invitational- The driver's knew in Mid-March but they event wasn't public knowledge until Mid-April, literally 3 days before the weekend began. In the days leading up to the event, GT Sport and PCars made announcements including Porsche's in their upcoming titles. I don't think that was a coincidence.

I don't think releasing information on the finals so late was wise, but, it seems to be T10's go-to w/ advertising strategy. I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I'm not a marketing guy, but I know it frustrates us racers.

MS and Porsche investing a LOT of money in this event, but I think the mistake people made was that qualified = paid for.

I think the mistake most people made was "if I enter and qualify I will be able to participate". It wasn't just that the location wasn't announced up-front, it was that no offline final at all was announced up-front, and wasn't announced until a lot of people were well on their way to qualifying.

If GFinity and T10 only wanted to pay for 32 to go to the final then all they had to do was run an online semi-final between the 108 to get it down to the 32 they do want to pay for. Holding an offline event for 108 but only paying for 32 is the worst possible solution.

But, given that literally every single detail of this embarrassing, amateurish, idiotic shambles has been as bad as they could have possibly made it even if their intention was to sabotage their own event, it's not really surprising that they screwed that up too.

If this is what the future of Forza Esports looks like, then Forza has no future in Esports.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:22:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#122 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:06:31 AM(UTC)
Tough going qualifying at Sebring. Currently have a 2.01.154 which only puts me 29th in Europe. I know I have a 2.00:7 in me but doing it is a different matter.

Curious where a 2.01:154 would put me in the other regions?
 1 user liked this post.
#123 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:24:01 AM(UTC)
I agree with zee it was highly unlickley that all 108 would be able to attend, this could have been sorted easily with an online event and saved money in the long run. So now we have situation where 1000s has already been spent on accommodation and tickets that won't be used.

Regarding inclusivness the point above highlights how exclusive this event is. Unless you have lots of money and spare time u are not going to be able to take part succesfully. Comparing this to real motorsport is defunct just like when ppl try to compare other aspects of the game to real world it simply dosnt work and there is no comparison. Try comparing it to other esports events and that's where season 3 falls down. Just comparing season 3 to season 1 and 2 shows you that less ppl are taking part, less ppl feel they have a chance and less ppl have a meaningful compitition to fight for. Yes I accept that more of the very best will be at an offline event o accept more money had been spent and as I said before this is a 1 in a lifetime experince for some. But never the less they have failed to include as many ppl from previous seasons and have atempted to increase the skill level but all they have done is reduce the field by making it more exclusive.
#124 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:37:57 AM(UTC)
Week 3 LB's are up.

#125 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:25:22 PM(UTC)
Wish I had known about this little tournament a month ago :( After taking a few years off, it's nice to see some legit tournaments coming back around (since Forza 2).

Just went onto the Porsche rivals and posted 11th in NA. Still got it after all these years. Too bad i didn't get to register in time :(

P.S. - If anyone is looking to add to their team let me know. I will be picking Forza back up as one of my primary games, typically playing from 9pm-12pm EST NA.
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error