6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 8:49:00 PM(UTC)
https://twitter.com/ForzaRC/status/861747635144859648
"@IAMDaveyskills @CAR_Laige & @CAR_Lightnin top the Rivals leaderboard as we head into the 2nd week of Season 3 https://forzarc.gfinity....ivals/total/tier-1"

#77 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 8:50:27 PM(UTC)

Porsche GT3 '12 on Road Atlanta
Monday-Wednesday event; top 24 from each Region earn a place in the Sunday race tournament.
(This event does not earn points for the Rivals path.)

Unofficial results at closing time:
Top time: 1:24.958 (JSR Rossi)
Top 24 (Americas): ~1:26.0
Total players: 1,661
Hardcore players: 582

Edited by user Wednesday, May 10, 2017 11:33:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 12:36:03 AM(UTC)
This competition is so flawed beyond belief.

Lets start with Rivals around Catalunya national. Someone who obtained 1.25:900 recieved the same points as someone with a 1.27. The points should of be staggered from 500 for 1st place to 1 point for 500th place.

My last complaint is now only the top 24 from each region race in the tournament. Those between say 25th-100th on the leaderboards have every chance of competiting in a race situation because they would be fast enough to take advantage of any errors/crashes by those in the top 24.

This competition now only appeals to a tiny minority whereas the ESL format from the previous season gave more opportunities for the top 100.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:27:35 AM(UTC)
In short, if you're not a top Rivals player don't bother.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:11:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
https://twitter.com/ForzaRC/status/861747635144859648
"@IAMDaveyskills @CAR_Laige & @CAR_Lightnin top the Rivals leaderboard as we head into the 2nd week of Season 3 https://forzarc.gfinity....ivals/total/tier-1"

The second rivals event points aren't even up. Lol. This is only the week 1a rival results.
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:15:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPS IVORBIGUN Go to Quoted Post
This competition is so flawed beyond belief.

Lets start with Rivals around Catalunya national. Someone who obtained 1.25:900 recieved the same points as someone with a 1.27. The points should of be staggered from 500 for 1st place to 1 point for 500th place.

My last complaint is now only the top 24 from each region race in the tournament. Those between say 25th-100th on the leaderboards have every chance of competiting in a race situation because they would be fast enough to take advantage of any errors/crashes by those in the top 24.

This competition now only appeals to a tiny minority whereas the ESL format from the previous season gave more opportunities for the top 100.

100% accurate.

The points for 51-200 are comical. Actually they probably could have copied the forzastats point structure but stretched it out to 200 players vs. 100.

Agreed that races are too restrictive for the 2 faster regions. EU is a nightmare for sure. I'd argue the top 200 per rivals (not gfinity board) could keep up just fine. A true top 200 player can podium and hold off most players in a racing environment.
#82 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 11:38:32 PM(UTC)
Qualifier 4 is now open. This is the Week 2b event of the Rivals path shown at https://forzarc.gfinity.net/elite/timesDates
This event earns Points for the Rivals path.
This event does not provide entry into the Sunday race tournament.

Porsche 911 GT2 RS '12 on Brands Hatch GP.

Event closes at 11:59pm Pacific time on May 13th.

Update - unofficial results at closing time:
Top time: Laige at 1:27.252
Total times: 1,824
Hardcore times: 559

Edited by user Saturday, May 13, 2017 11:30:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 2:04:15 PM(UTC)
@ForzaRC retweeted this yesterday, and I found the following quote to be quite interesting:

https://ar12gaming.com/a...rzarc-porsche-cup-week-1

Quote:

So what happened in week 1 of the racing competition and why, in the end, did it not take place? This was the result of a new feature for this third season of the Forza Racing Championship, and one that has already been mentioned in this article – The two possible routes drivers can take to qualify for the final: Racing or Rivals.

The reason there are two routes is that not all drivers are the same. Some may be brilliant at stringing an incredibly quick lap together but cannot to make up positions in the cut and thrust of a crowded track. Others may have extraordinary skill in wheel-to-wheel combat but, conversely, struggle to put down lap-times that represent their racing abilities.

The addition of a racing route for this new season allows both types of racer the chance to be competitive, and ultimately to be represented at the upcoming offline finals. But clearly, working out the best way of implementing this second route has not, for Gfinity the tournament organiser, been entirely straight forward.

Quote:
The initial concept, and for the changes to this please see below, was noble if not functional. The thought was something like: Racers are good at racing so instead of qualifying through a leaderboard challenge, and proving themselves as hot-lappers first, use a first-come, first-serve sign-up and allow them to prove their skills entirely in a racing scenario.

The upshot of this was that, with no qualifying necessary, many skill levels of driver threw their hats into the ring. Racing of all kinds, but especially in a close pack of other cars, requires a trust and knowledge of the drivers around you. You need to know that they will hit specific brake markers and drive in a consistent and conscious manner – Last Sunday it quickly became clear that this format could not guarantee the trust and knowledge required for a competition like the ForzaRC.

In order to preserve the integrity of the competition and ensure fun and competitive racing for all of the drivers taking part in the racing route, the first week’s racing was cancelled and the rules changed to ensure a consistent level of skill amongst all racers. It was a great shame, but I believe it to be a necessary move and one will – without a shadow of a doubt – be remembered as integral in the growth and evolution of the ForzaRC.

So in short, the series was open to everyone but has now been closed off to "elite" players because one can "safely assume" that those elite players will be able to race more cleanly/safely than if anybody could enter.

I've no issue with the Elite Series being the place where the best Forza players compete against one another (Street Fighter V is showing how having the Elites face off against one another can be very entertaining to watch), but to proudly boast about the inclusiveness of the competition to then go back on that could be tough for some to come to terms with.

I liked the idea that the original series offered something for people who weren't outright hotlap kings (as some people are better over a full race distance than a single lap) but now it seems you have 2 options with the Elite Series:

• Be a bleeding fast hotlapper and earn points via Rivals.
  • Be a slightly less bleeding fast hotlapper and qualify for the Races.

The other 99% of players are essentially cannon-fodder for the leaderboards now in my opinion.
#84 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 5:33:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
@ForzaRC retweeted this yesterday, and I found the following quote to be quite interesting:

https://ar12gaming.com/a...rzarc-porsche-cup-week-1

Quote:

So what happened in week 1 of the racing competition and why, in the end, did it not take place? This was the result of a new feature for this third season of the Forza Racing Championship, and one that has already been mentioned in this article – The two possible routes drivers can take to qualify for the final: Racing or Rivals.

The reason there are two routes is that not all drivers are the same. Some may be brilliant at stringing an incredibly quick lap together but cannot to make up positions in the cut and thrust of a crowded track. Others may have extraordinary skill in wheel-to-wheel combat but, conversely, struggle to put down lap-times that represent their racing abilities.

The addition of a racing route for this new season allows both types of racer the chance to be competitive, and ultimately to be represented at the upcoming offline finals. But clearly, working out the best way of implementing this second route has not, for Gfinity the tournament organiser, been entirely straight forward.

Quote:
The initial concept, and for the changes to this please see below, was noble if not functional. The thought was something like: Racers are good at racing so instead of qualifying through a leaderboard challenge, and proving themselves as hot-lappers first, use a first-come, first-serve sign-up and allow them to prove their skills entirely in a racing scenario.

The upshot of this was that, with no qualifying necessary, many skill levels of driver threw their hats into the ring. Racing of all kinds, but especially in a close pack of other cars, requires a trust and knowledge of the drivers around you. You need to know that they will hit specific brake markers and drive in a consistent and conscious manner – Last Sunday it quickly became clear that this format could not guarantee the trust and knowledge required for a competition like the ForzaRC.

In order to preserve the integrity of the competition and ensure fun and competitive racing for all of the drivers taking part in the racing route, the first week’s racing was cancelled and the rules changed to ensure a consistent level of skill amongst all racers. It was a great shame, but I believe it to be a necessary move and one will – without a shadow of a doubt – be remembered as integral in the growth and evolution of the ForzaRC.

So in short, the series was open to everyone but has now been closed off to "elite" players because one can "safely assume" that those elite players will be able to race more cleanly/safely than if anybody could enter.

I've no issue with the Elite Series being the place where the best Forza players compete against one another (Street Fighter V is showing how having the Elites face off against one another can be very entertaining to watch), but to proudly boast about the inclusiveness of the competition to then go back on that could be tough for some to come to terms with.

I liked the idea that the original series offered something for people who weren't outright hotlap kings (as some people are better over a full race distance than a single lap) but now it seems you have 2 options with the Elite Series:

• Be a bleeding fast hotlapper and earn points via Rivals.
  • Be a slightly less bleeding fast hotlapper and qualify for the Races.

The other 99% of players are essentially cannon-fodder for the leaderboards now in my opinion.

Only for NA and EU does the cannon fodder issue arise.

If you look at the other three regions, all skill levels are present.

Im ok with a rival hotlapping week 1 to establish seeds per region. However limiting NA and EU to 24 players is a shame. Maybe just do the top 128 per region and 1v1 until top 24. Top 128 would allow for moderate skill level players to fight their way into the Sunday tournament.

As is, EU and most of NA are blistering fast hotlappers. You're right, it's not inclusive.
#85 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 2:16:37 AM(UTC)
May 14 Race schedule:

https://twitter.com/Meekel/status/863692760183787520

12pm BST / 4am Pacific - EMEA Semi-final races begin
3pm BST / 7am Pacific - EMEA Finals livestream begins
6pm BST / 10am Pacific - NA Semi-final races begin
9pm BST / 1pm Pacific - NA Finals livestream begins

www.beam.pro/Forzamotorsport

SF Track 1 = 2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - Road Atlanta Full
SF Track 2 = 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS - Brands Hatch GP
Finals Track 1 = Porsche 911 GT3 RSR - Sebring Full
Finals Track 2 = Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo - Spa Francorchamps Circuit
Finals Track 3 = 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder - Virginia International Raceway Full
#86 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 10:21:34 PM(UTC)
Saw this morning that I was supposed to race yesterday, but that "my team failed to check in" and "now been removed from the 14 May'17 racing". Did I miss something because I thought only the top 24 from each region will race on Sunday[s]. I did do the Rivals event for the race qualifier for fun, but certainly did not end top 24 in EMEA. Can someone please advise ?

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#87 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 12:31:16 AM(UTC)
I finished 28th in the EU rivals so I was surprised to recieve an invite. However I was on standby and can only assume those ahead of me failed to check in. Due to this I had no time to practice and without the braking line it was extremely challenging.

For next Sunday I would suggest that anyone who is on standby checks in when requested and then wait and see if they recieve a message.
#88 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 5:52:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LMP Riptide Go to Quoted Post
Saw this morning that I was supposed to race yesterday, but that "my team failed to check in" and "now been removed from the 14 May'17 racing". Did I miss something because I thought only the top 24 from each region will race on Sunday[s]. I did do the Rivals event for the race qualifier for fun, but certainly did not end top 24 in EMEA. Can someone please advise ?

I think everyone who originally registered probably got these messages.

I received one saying that I should sign in, then another saying that my status had been changed from Standby to Registered, then another one saying that I had missed registration (but only the first two were sent in an email).

There's no way I was supposed to be racing as I literally only did my outlap in the Rivals qualifier (I finished in the top 34%!).

#89 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 6:25:40 AM(UTC)
Thanks. System seems a bit broken then.

#90 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 10:03:18 AM(UTC)
hello all. i would like to apolgize for the incident on the first corner on VR for the NA finals yesterday.. to be completly honest, i never expected to get past the semi finalz..... i had ZERO practice with that car on that teack...... i promise that wont happen again if i make it again this week!!!!!!

P.S. would love to join one of those race teams...im a free agent!!
#91 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 9:41:37 PM(UTC)
May 14th EMEA and North American qualifying racing recap:

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/rvm_5_15_17
Quote:
#ForzaRC Season 3 Week 2 Elite Qualifiers
Across the globe, the second week of qualifying rounds in the #ForzaRC Elite Series took place. There is a good mix of some of the top names we have come to know and love, along with some newcomers that are making their mark in the series.

The best way to see how it all went down is to watch the videos we put up on YouTube are posted below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIsFWo_bU74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h7d_eJhi4Y

If you are looking for the long and the short of it, in the North American region it was teammates CAR Harmonic and CAR Raceboy battling for the top two spots with FH4 Diablo coming up in third. In the EMEA Region TX3 Paps put together a first, third, and fourth to take the top spot. His teammate TX3 Misterjack earned two seconds and a fifth for second place, and F4H Eggy put his win together with two top tens for third place.
#92 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:22:10 AM(UTC)
Americas leaderboard for Qualifier 5 (May 21st Race cup tournament qualifying) at closing time:

#93 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:30:05 AM(UTC)
Week 3b Rivals path event (Qualifier 6) is now open until 11:59pm PT May 20th.
Porsche 918 Spyder
Watkins Glen Full Alt

Top 1000 times among signed up players earn season points.
https://forzarc.gfinity.net/elite/timesDates

1 user liked this post.
#94 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:04:11 AM(UTC)

https://news.xbox.com/2017/05/18/forzarc-season-3-le-mans-finals/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rHd21Cy-CM

Forza Racing Championship Season 3 -- Le Mans Finals
Published on May 18, 2017
The Forza Racing Championship Season 3 Elite finals will take place at the 24 Hours of Le Mans from June 17-18. Over 100 people will take part in the competition, making the finals the largest in-person racing esports event ever. To mark this historic occasion, Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO), the organizer of Le Mans, created an entirely new class for esports where the winner of the ForzaRC finals will stand on the podium to accept a trophy alongside the winning Le Mans drivers.

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/ForzaRC_Season3_LeMans
Quote:
Cars & Tracks
The Elite Series finals will feature a mix of car manufacturers. In addition to five cars from the Season 3 presenting sponsor Porsche, the Grand Finals will also feature race cars from previous Le Mans races, as well as production cars inspired by Le Mans competitors. Here’s the cars that will be used in the Le Mans Finals:

· 2012 Porsche GT3 RS 4.0
· 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
· 2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard GT3 RSR
· 1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
· 1998 Porsche #26 AG 911 GT1-98
· 2004 Porsche 911 GT3
· 2015 Porsche #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid
· 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
· 2016 Ford #66 Ford GT Le Mans
· 2009 BMW #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
· 2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 Hybrid
· 1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR

Finalists will be driving these cars on some of the best and most challenging tracks in Forza Motorsport 6, including the Nürburgring GP, Circuit of the Americas, Monza, Catalunya, Spa-Francorchamps, Silverstone and of, course, Le Mans (both the Bugatti Circuit and the full track). Look for more details on the format and structure for the Season 3 Finals soon.

Prizes
Alongside standing on the Le Mans podium to accept their trophy, the winners from the Forza Racing Championship Season 3 will also take home some serious cash. Players will be competing for a total cash prize pool of $100,00 with first place earning $20,000, second place earning $15,000, and third place taking home $10,000.

Forza Championship winner to stand on podium at Le Mans
http://www.autoblog.com/...mpionship-winner-le-mans
May 18th 2017 at 10:00AM
Quote:
The finalists of the currently ongoing Season 3 - around 100 or so people - will be flown to France to compete in the finale on June 17 and 18 at the track, the same days the traditional action is going on at Circuit de la Sarthe. All the competitors will stay in the Le Mans village at the track, just like actual race drivers. Once a winner is crowned in Forza, they will join the class-winning Le Mans drivers on the podium. In addition, $100,000 in cash prizes will be on the line at the finals.

Dan Greenawalt, Creative Director of Turn 10 Studios, spoke with Autoblog about working with Porsche and the ACO, the Le Mans organizing body, on the event. "We've been sponsoring Le Mans for the past 4 or 5 years," Greenawalt said. "There was no pushback on the idea. We have a comfortable partnership with the ACO." He said the whole thing has been brewing ever since Forza joined as a sponsor, but really kicked into gear about a year ago.

http://www.lemans.org/en/News/24-hours-of-le-mans-esports-the-forza-racing-championship/46429

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_Le_Mans
https://en.wikipedia.org...mobile_Club_de_l%27Ouest
http://www.lemans.org/en/24-hours-of-le-mans
https://twitter.com/24hoursoflemans

Edited by user Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:59:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#95 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:38:33 AM(UTC)
All I have to say is wow.

Do I need a passport for this? I live in the US.
 1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:43:20 AM(UTC)
It's in France, so you'll need a passport. Start processing now due to the delivery time. You may be able to get an expedited passport by contacting your congressional representative.

https://uspsblog.com/usps-passport-tips/

Edited by user Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:54:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#97 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:16:17 AM(UTC)
For those in the US without a passport: you can get a passport almost the same day in certain passport offices (Miami for example, before it was closed temporarily). Obviously you will need to shell out a lot of extra money ($150 or more, can't recall.), Needs to be done specifically in that passport office in person, and you need to prove immediate travel. If you start today, you will need to pay much, MUCH, less to get it expedited and do not need to prove that you are traveling immediately.

As for me, I already have my passport, so I am ready to go! See you at Le Man's everyone! Second time I go to France in less than a year. xD
#98 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:35:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
For those in the US without a passport: you can get a passport almost the same day in certain passport offices (Miami for example, before it was closed temporarily). Obviously you will need to shell out a lot of extra money ($150 or more, can't recall.), Needs to be done specifically in that passport office in person, and you need to prove immediate travel. If you start today, you will need to pay much, MUCH, less to get it expedited and do not need to prove that you are traveling immediately.

As for me, I already have my passport, so I am ready to go! See you at Le Man's everyone! Second time I go to France in less than a year. xD

Lol. I had my application done but never submitted. I was going to Turks and Caicos and Greece but that's changed. Knew I should have submitted the application anyways. Lol. Might not be able to go if by chance I qualify.
#99 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:11:31 PM(UTC)
#100 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:00:57 PM(UTC)
Wow !!! Best news since the invention of the wheel. Visiting France for the Le Mans on a mixed business/leisure trip planned a few months ago, so this is just awesome. Got my passport, but waiting for my visa to arrive in the next few days. Would love to meet some of the players.

Notification

Icon
Error