6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:05:09 PM(UTC)
Unofficial results of Qualifier 1 (Week 1a) at closing time:
Top time: Daveyskills with 1:24.768
Top 50: around 1:25.89
Top 1000: around 1:32.3 (in-game leaderboards probably include non-registered players, which allows slightly slower laps)
Total players worldwide: 1,989
Hardcore settings: 820 players

Edited by user Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:10:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:14:14 PM(UTC)
Elite Qualifier 2 Rivals (Week 1b)
Closes 11:59pm Pacific May 6th
Stock S-class 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo on Hockenheim National
Driving Line is forced Off.

EDIT:
Unofficial results at closing time:
Top time: Laige with 1:33.615
Top 50: around 1:34.47
Top 1000: around 1:39.78 (in-game leaderboards probably include non-registered players, which allows slightly slower laps)
Total players worldwide: 2,429
Hardcore settings: 822 players

Edited by user Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:06:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:02:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

For those that missed it, the EMEA region was scheduled to stream their Semi and Finals races a half hour ago, but there has been a format change and no current stream. It's currently 2:40pm GMT, 3:40pm BST where Gfinity is based, so check back in a couple hours for information; this will also affect the North American and Latin America regionals.

#54 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:36:36 AM(UTC)
all races for this week have been cancelled according to https://forzarc.gfinity....register/my-competitions ? why?
#55 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:51:53 AM(UTC)
Is this real life?
Manteo, say it ain't so!
What happened?
#56 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:00:56 AM(UTC)
#57 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:11:27 AM(UTC)
so the top 24 quilify for the races??
#58 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:13:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: trypassinls1 Go to Quoted Post
so the top 24 quilify for the races??

Huh?
#59 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:35:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
This video announcement just posted (1pm Pacific on Sunday May 7) gives info on the new format for the rest of May:
www.twitch.tv/videos/140848038

The Recreation series remains unchanged. The top 25 leaderboard times each week win a gift certificate.

The Elite series has been modified. The basic format is unchanged: points for each event in May lead to qualification for the Porsche Cup. 50 worldwide Rivals players and 50 Race players (allotted by Region) will be invited to the Porsche Cup competition, which has a $100,000 prize pool.

Rivals now goes to one event per week from Thursday to Saturday. Week 1's Rivals points still stand.

May 7th races were cancelled. Racing now uses a separate rivals event from Monday to Wednesday to qualify for the following Sunday multiplayer races. The top 24 players from each Region enter their Sunday tournament: Groups of 12 racers compete in a semi-final, and the top 6 from each group move to the finals (12 player, 3 races).

Edited by user Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:29:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:41:26 AM(UTC)
so correct me if im wrong..... there will be a new rivals event on monday -wensday and the top 24 from each reagin get to race??.. dose that mean this just turned into the super elite cup?
#61 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:58:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: trypassinls1 Go to Quoted Post
so correct me if im wrong..... there will be a new rivals event on monday -wensday and the top 24 from each reagin get to race??.. dose that mean this just turned into the super elite cup?

For EU and NA, yes.

The problem is most of the top players from NA and EU will already qualify for grand finals via rivals.

This wasn't thought out well.

Basically the vast majority of the people on the leaderboards per region for NA and EU will be disqualified because they already qualified via rivals.

This tournament is officially a mess because of the difficulty of accruing points in NA and EU.
#62 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:15:56 AM(UTC)
Another question. Can you have the rewind assist set to ON during these qualification rivals?
#63 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:27:28 PM(UTC)
So now the two routes to qualify are a Rivals Sweatathon, or a race series where you have to qualify through an even tougher Rivals Sweatathon?

lol
#64 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:37:36 PM(UTC)
Surely now the 24 guys that only qualify for the races on Sunday, are already going to have qualified through the normal rivals events no? That means that every race on the 3 remaining Sundays will have racers that are already assured of their places through the rival challenges.

so what happens then, does every rivals leader that qualifies through the Sundays races then give their rivals place to the next in line?

Its confusing trying to write this never mind make sense of it!

please clarify

Regards zMCRAE LEGENDz

1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 1:13:24 PM(UTC)
They will qualify through rivals. That is worse since there may end up being less than the number of people who are supposed to qualify for races as they are now restricting heavily the number of participants to the races.
#66 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 1:25:37 PM(UTC)
WHAT A JOKE!
BOO GFINITY.
BOO TURN 10.
I GUESS IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT COMPETING YOU SHOULD PLAY HORIZON.
#67 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 3:49:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
So now the two routes to qualify are a Rivals Sweatathon, or a race series where you have to qualify through an even tougher Rivals Sweatathon?

lol

Only for EU and NA.

All other regions it's not a sweatathon to make top 24 in region.

This is assuming that region is limited to those who signed up for races. I'm confused now whether signing up for races even matters as long as you're signed up on the site.

Edited by user Sunday, May 7, 2017 3:53:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:05:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zMCRAE LEGENDz Go to Quoted Post
Surely now the 24 guys that only qualify for the races on Sunday, are already going to have qualified through the normal rivals events no? That means that every race on the 3 remaining Sundays will have racers that are already assured of their places through the rival challenges.

Sort of.

I looked at the past rivals event and 9 players from NA made top 50 rivals. This is kinda low. There will be an uptick as cars get faster.

You can basically say that roughly 10 NA players will make it via rivals as expected. Might reach 15 when the car choice favors some skill sets better.

For NA it's basically an all out battle for 14 racing spots on sunday and there are a bunch of us who are literally a few tenths off from one another. It'll be hard.

Data is worse for EU. All the top 24 for races will likely be in top 50 rivals for that week.

Edited by user Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:07:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:27:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Sort of.

I looked at the past rivals event and 9 players from NA made top 50 rivals. This is kinda low. There will be an uptick as cars get faster.

You can basically say that roughly 10 NA players will make it via rivals as expected. Might reach 15 when the car choice favors some skill sets better.

For NA it's basically an all out battle for 14 racing spots on sunday and there are a bunch of us who are literally a few tenths off from one another. It'll be hard.

Data is worse for EU. All the top 24 for races will likely be in top 50 rivals for that week.

And that is why the tournament just doesn't make sense anymore. What happens if the same 24 people participate in the weekend tournament every week? Those 24 people will have most likely qualified already through rivals. So, in that case, who qualified from the races? No one since no no other participants were there to choose from? Changing to this new format is the worst thing they could have come up with.

At this point, just make it 100% everyone qualified through rivals to the offline event.
#70 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 5:35:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post

Sort of.

And that is why the tournament just doesn't make sense anymore. What happens if the same 24 people participate in the weekend tournament every week? Those 24 people will have most likely qualified already through rivals. So, in that case, who qualified from the races? No one since no no other participants were there to choose from? Changing to this new format is the worst thing they could have come up with.

At this point, just make it 100% everyone qualified through rivals to the offline event.

Yea that is the scenario that will likely happen. There may not be enough EU players to meet the "quota" and a similar case may happen for NA. For NA as is if you make one race you will likely make it to the finals. Lmao.

#71 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 5:40:43 PM(UTC)
This is what happens when points are stingy.

Can't make top 24 for races but at least tried to qualify? Give some points for trying. Say you place top 50 in region you get 100 points and all others who tried and and got top 300 in region they get 50 points toward race final.

That way there is some insurance that quality players will make the race finals in the 2 hardest regions.
#72 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 12:38:15 AM(UTC)
What a disaster this is proving to be. I fully agree with the comments above.

I am someone who can obtain around 50th in region and around 70th on global leaderboards. So the races was my best opportunity. Obviously if I was to enter a race against the top 24 the chances are I would lose. However because I am only on average 1 sec off the pace I would be close enough to take advantage of any errors/crashes ahead. What these new rules have done is make it pointless for the rest of us especially those in the 50th -100th positions.

I can only assume these new changes is because they couldn't get enough marshalls to host yesterdays races. If this is the case then what a mess Turn 10/GInfinity have made because this is something they should of been organised ages ago.
#73 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 12:45:29 AM(UTC)
I was mostly interested in this RC because there was a chance of some decent competitive racing (something that game itself doesn't provide!) and it wasn't all about sweaty Rivals events. That I had an outside chance of qualifying was just a bonus.

Now it's back to a pure sweaty Rivals event, my interest in the whole thing has evaporated to zero.
#74 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 1:05:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPS IVORBIGUN Go to Quoted Post
What a disaster this is proving to be. I fully agree with the comments above.

I am someone who can obtain around 50th in region and around 70th on global leaderboards. So the races was my best opportunity. Obviously if I was to enter a race against the top 24 the chances are I would lose. However because I am only on average 1 sec off the pace I would be close enough to take advantage of any errors/crashes ahead. What these new rules have done is make it pointless for the rest of us especially those in the 50th -100th positions.

I can only assume these new changes is because they couldn't get enough marshalls to host yesterdays races. If this is the case then what a mess Turn 10/GInfinity have made because this is something they should of been organised ages ago.

It was interesting to compare my Rivals times, based on just the 5-10 laps I did around each track, with the times posted by players I race a lot in the Cycled Production hopper. Turns out I was around a second per lap down on guys who are generally half a sec per lap slower in actual races, and about two seconds per lap down on guys who match me or are slightly quicker in actual races.

#75 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 6:17:19 PM(UTC)
Revised schedule as of May 8:
https://twitter.com/ForzaRC/status/861701235149242368
https://forzarc.gfinity.net/elite/timesDates

The 'a' rivals are used to qualify for Sunday races. 'A' rivals do not earn points.
The 'b' rivals are the Rivals path events that earn points.

For Week 2, the "ForzaRC Qualifier 3" event on Road Atlanta is open from today through Wednesday May 10, and the top 24 times from each Region in that event will enter the Sunday May 14th racing tournament.

6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error