6 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:59:17 AM(UTC)
The top drivers are more than capable of driving without the Racing Line; many use it as a supplementary aid rather than a necessary reliance.

I've not used a Racing Line assist since 2004 and although I'm not a top tier hotlapper (probably just a step under) it hasn't hampered my ability to race cleanly one bit.

This is a welcome change, should stop one criticism I see a lot from streaming audiences.
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:53:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
The top drivers are more than capable of driving without the Racing Line; many use it as a supplementary aid rather than a necessary reliance.

I've not used a Racing Line assist since 2004 and although I'm not a top tier hotlapper (probably just a step under) it hasn't hampered my ability to race cleanly one bit.

This is a welcome change, should stop one criticism I see a lot from streaming audiences.

I agree with you about the criticism from streaming audiences.
I am by no means a top tier hotlapper, average or a bit above maybe and never use a racing line in other games but do use the braking line in the FM series, just lazy I guess & a habit I must get out of.
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:47:42 AM(UTC)

In the races there will be a lot of people racing who arent top drivers. You'll basically be at the mercy of others.

In addition the 3.3 at catalunya national will be a hilarious race with the amount of wheelies happening. There's a section of the track where if you try to run a clean line (minimal curb and no grass) you will get up on two wheels every time. I wonder how they'll police that race. If you don't use grass you'll probably wreck and wreck into others. If you do use grass you may be DQ'd
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:58:47 AM(UTC)
Do you know how long I spent wrapping my designs around the weird bubbles of the 919 for this race?? A lot.

Driver 1: why did you t-bone me I that hairpin?
Driver 2: why did you slow down ?
Driver 1: I was following the best racing line
Driver 2: I guess I run a faster line than you.

Ever heard that conversation in a lobby? I have.

#30 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:04:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GUDBEAR Go to Quoted Post
Do you know how long I spent wrapping my designs around the weird bubbles of the 919 for this race?? A lot.

When you are behind someone getting to pass them, you need to adjust your own racing line and be mindful of the prison Infront of you. Even if you "run a faster racing line," you need to react to the line of the person in front of you...
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:13:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post

When you are behind someone getting to pass them, you need to adjust your own racing line and be mindful of the prison Infront of you. Even if you "run a faster racing line," you need to react to the line of the person in front of you...

I agree.
I think the rule change is fair, although it comes along with another change that I'm not sure was mentioned, but damage is now set to COSMETIC.
I like damage as simulation, it makes me more in tune with the course. I avoid smoking my tires, and rubbing other racers and dangerous manoeuvres.
What I was commenting about was the pre-existing disagreements about racing line exists even where it isn't Forced Off in the options. (Even in "elite*" leagues)
*some animals are more equal than others, of course.
I try to only pass in corners and on straights that facilitate them. Regardless of your perception of having the faster line, the car in front has the right of way of way. It's not my job to get out of the way. But deuce or get off the pot.
Race the car, then the conditions, then the track. You can always memorize a track, but you don't get many opportunities for a hot-lap in a race. The best line is a ghost-line.
It's hardly useful in competitive racing.
I don't really foresee a huge problem, I feel like racing lines off, again, makes me more in tune with the course and can help me go a bit faster in rivals mode because the red streak doesn't scare me out of late-brake opportunities. Who wants to tune-in to watch me race a tutorial mode? Don't answer that.
I haven't figured out where the corner on Cat.Nat. That forces a two wheel ride, but I'd like to race anybody's rival on that course in the 82 911.
Have I said enough? I always feel just after I post in a forum; "no body wants to hear you talk, ya jerk"

#32 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:29:47 PM(UTC)
The essess on back part of track before 90 degree left hander. On exit of the essess the front end lifts up and if you hit the slight dip you'll either get 1 or 2 tires up. It's a fast section where you're on throttle almost entire time.

Car does same thing but not as extreme on exit of last few corners.

ERS Hornet, iHR Verisun, craviator and lightning have times up. Crav is fastest with 1:25.5 but it's dirty. Lightning has clean 25.8. Hornet and verisun have 26.7s. I'm running 26.7s as well when I don't screw up and 27.6s when I have front lifting issues. I'm running no line too.

Edited by user Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:31:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:31:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
The essess on back part of track before 90 degree left hander. On exit of the essess the front end lifts up and if you hit the slight dip you'll either get 1 or 2 tires up. It's a fast section where you're on throttle almost entire time.

ERS Hornet, iHR Verisun, craviator and lightning have times up. Crav is fastest with 1:25.5 but it's dirty. Lightning has clean 25.8. Hornet and verisun have 26.7s. I'm running 26.7s as well when I don't screw up and 27.6s when I have front lifting issues. I'm running no line too.

Add Laige on 1:25.556 and Daveyskills on 1:25.267.

Edited by user Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:35:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:43:12 PM(UTC)
What track are you guys talking about?
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:14:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
What track are you guys talking about?

Catalunya national.
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:56:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LMP Riptide Go to Quoted Post

Add Laige on 1:25.556 and Daveyskills on 1:25.267.

Do Laige 25.556 and Davey 25:267, do those qualify as clean?

Or any of those ? Watching the replays they don't seem to meet the two wheel rule. What do you think?

Edited by user Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:03:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#37 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:02:10 PM(UTC)
Pretty sure the rules say that in Rivals, if Forza says it's clean then it's clean.
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:46:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zedeeyen Go to Quoted Post
Pretty sure the rules say that in Rivals, if Forza says it's clean then it's clean.

Could you link to that section of the rules? I can't find where it says that. Thanks
#39 Posted : Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:03:39 PM(UTC)

Could you link to that section of the rules? I can't find where it says that. Thanks

It's there. There are basically two rules sets depending if it's racing or rivals

3.1.8. Rivals qualification in game
Laps are considered as clean/valid if the game marks them as valid
#40 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 7:42:23 AM(UTC)

It's there. There are basically two rules sets depending if it's racing or rivals

3.1.8. Rivals qualification in game
Laps are considered as clean/valid if the game marks them as valid

Great. Thank you.
#41 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 7:44:20 AM(UTC)
I'm surprised we haven't seen a prize breakdown yet.

The prize listings for the Recreation series have been up for a few days but nothing so far for Elite.
#42 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 9:25:24 AM(UTC)
I'm surprised we haven't seen a prize breakdown yet.

The prize listings for the Recreation series have been up for a few days but nothing so far for Elite.

It'll be a fluid situation I'd think because of the racing side of things. You'll likely have people 3-5 seconds off pace qualifying to finals from regions with low participation counts. So maybe a reward for some who came close in the high participation races from Europe and NA region?
#43 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2017 11:50:21 PM(UTC)
Elite Series (FM6) Rivals Qualifier 1
Event closes 11:59pm Pacific May 3rd, at which point the second Rivals event of the week will open.
Stock C-class 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 on Catalunya National.

Look for this event under the Porsche menu / Rivals, not the main Rivals menu.
Remember to create an account and link your Xbox gamertag in your profile at https://forzarc.gfinity.net

Edited by user Monday, May 1, 2017 7:46:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 2:25:10 AM(UTC)
I have just done my first Forza recreation rivals event and posted a time. Can someone point me to the leaderboard. Thanks.
#45 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 6:45:00 AM(UTC)
Races should be 1v1 for first few rounds to weed out slower competition until round of 32. Thereby there won't be many issue with getting taken out early by someone of lower skill. Points awarded from 33-192 should get incrementally better as you move up the rounds. This will somewhat help with 1st week random seeding issues.

Given that there is no line and random lobbies, it'll likely be a crash fest for race 1 in the 911 3.3.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 8:31:33 PM(UTC)
Does this thread cover the recreation rivals event as well as the elite one..? The recreation event started 1 May 2017 so that was yesterday for me and i found the event on H3 and posted times etc. I have now answered my earlier post by locating the leader boards on the gfinity site. Currently they say the LBs are unavailable and that I have no results. My first impression is here we go again. Max or anybody can we clarify these issues. Thanks
#47 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 9:44:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRK333 Go to Quoted Post
Does this thread cover the recreation rivals event as well as the elite one..? The recreation event started 1 May 2017 so that was yesterday for me and i found the event on H3 and posted times etc. I have now answered my earlier post by locating the leader boards on the gfinity site. Currently they say the LBs are unavailable and that I have no results. My first impression is here we go again. Max or anybody can we clarify these issues. Thanks

There's another thread by PJ for the Recreation event. This one is for the Elite event/series.

Rules states in 1.3.2 that "LB's will be updated within 3 days with previous day's result".

Edited by user Monday, May 1, 2017 9:54:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#48 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2017 10:30:45 PM(UTC)
Thanks Riptide. I have now located the other thread. Best of luck to all you elite guys,rather you than me :).
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:46:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iHR Sc00basteve Go to Quoted Post
Which region would Georgia fall under? Just want to make sure I get in the right region.

Sincerely iHR Sc00basteve

I'm putting my money on Europe Middle-East Africa. Good question.

Depends which Georgia you mean...

Georgia the state in North America = NA
Georgia the eastern European Baltic state = EMEA
#50 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 3:16:44 PM(UTC)
Players should watch this overview video published today, with Brian Ekberg and Warren Fish from Gfinity discussing the Season 3 format, points, and registration:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwbhc4uYlho

Week 1a Rivals closes tonight at 11:59pm Pacific, and Week 1b Rivals opens at midnight.

The first multiplayer Races take place on Sunday May 7th - make sure you have signed up at https://forzarc.gfinity.net, link your Xbox Live account in your profile, and select your correct Region before selecting Register for the Sunday tournament. Weekend tournaments are separate from Rivals; no qualification necessary, just register and be ready at the time indicated for your region. https://forzarc.gfinity.net/elite/races/na

BST = British Summer Time www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/bst
6 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error