3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:59:19 AM(UTC)
You probably don't have to register if you are not expecting physical prizes?

Season 2 reward cars could be had without registering.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:47:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eddy FIN Go to Quoted Post
You probably don't have to register if you are not expecting physical prizes?

Season 2 reward cars could be had without registering.

The information tab in the Recreation series states "You only need to register once to be eligible for all the challenges". On face value I take this to mean that it's a pre-condition for participation, hence to receive rewards for participation. If this in fact refers to prizes [rather than reward cars per se] is unclear, so it would be wise to rather register in time until the ADMINS says otherwise.

AND yes, registration is mandatory for prize eligibility.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:58:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 4:20:46 AM(UTC)
I wouldn't be surprised if the prizes (vouchers) are sent to your Gamertag via Private Message (as is the case with other games), or the funds get automatically added to your Microsoft account. That would explain why you need your Gamertag linked up to the Gfinity page.

There are no physical prizes for this Series, so no postal address etc. is necessary.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:56:39 AM(UTC)
I figured out the collision lap issue, as soon as I completed the lap without any issues I won vs the person who was faster but had the collision.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:12:20 PM(UTC)
I have just been to the gfinity site again and every time I get the message Sorry no leaderboards available. I am sure I signed up and linked everything correctly.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:28:59 PM(UTC)
The Elite rules state "Leaderboards will be updated within 3 days with the previous days results. " which is probably true for the Recreation Rivals as well. We might not see Leaderboards for registered users until the weekend. Still no ForzaRC Gfinity app in the Store yet.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:30:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#32 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:20:37 AM(UTC)
I am confused, there is still no leader board and when I click on gfinity it says I am not doing any challenges.. I am uploading video from recording after each good run. Is there something I am missing?
#33 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 8:18:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
The Elite rules state "Leaderboards will be updated within 3 days with the previous days results. " which is probably true for the Recreation Rivals as well. We might not see Leaderboards for registered users until the weekend. Still no ForzaRC Gfinity app in the Store yet.

Except it has already been 3 days since week 1A ended in Elite and the leaderboards are still missing...
#34 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:27:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TomentosePiano3 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Except it has already been 3 days since week 1A ended in Elite and the leaderboards are still missing...

Not only that, but they just cancelled the entire day of races.

#35 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 11:31:09 AM(UTC)
Do I really need Xbox Live Gold membership to be able to participate even if I play on Windows 10?

" A Driver is only eligible to participate in the ForzaRC Recreation Series if they have;              
-          An Xbox One or PC
-          Xbox Live Gold Membership
-          Forza Horizon 3
-          Internet connection "

Seems a bit stupid because PC doesn't need Xbox Live Gold to play online, but without it I can't participate in this?
#36 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 2:58:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RacerBest Go to Quoted Post
Do I really need Xbox Live Gold membership to be able to participate even if I play on Windows 10?

" A Driver is only eligible to participate in the ForzaRC Recreation Series if they have;              
-          An Xbox One or PC
-          Xbox Live Gold Membership
-          Forza Horizon 3
-          Internet connection "

Seems a bit stupid because PC doesn't need Xbox Live Gold to play online, but without it I can't participate in this?

This is exactly the kind of stuff they need to clarify which they are still refusing to do...
#37 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 4:29:47 AM(UTC)
Also what does this rule mean?
"Drivers who are in the top 100 within the race leaderboard for their region, or the top 100 global rivals leaderboards are not eligible for Recreation Series prizes."
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 4:31:53 AM(UTC)
Also what does this rule mean?
"Drivers who are in the top 100 within the race leaderboard for their region, or the top 100 global rivals leaderboards are not eligible for Recreation Series prizes."

Applies to those in the elite racing series so that the really fast guys in elite aren't grabbing all of the recreation prizes.
#39 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 9:58:18 AM(UTC)
I missed the 1st event:
Week 1 Qualifier – 1st-7th May
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 R3 4.0 (997)
Grand Tour Sprint

Now I want to participate in the rest since I have free time. Will I be able to do so or did I miss my chance?
Also the Windows 10 players (like me) really need an Xbox Live Gold Membership to be eligible in the events. I don't have a console and probably never will but I can't figure out from their rules if a Gold Membership is necessary.
#40 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 9:39:16 PM(UTC)
Recreation Series (FH3) Week 2
Event closes at 11:59pm Pacific time May 14th.
Stock 1987 Porsche 959 on Byron Bay East Suburbs Circuit

https://forzarc.gfinity.net/recreation/timesDates

Top 25 leaderboard times earn gift certificates: https://forzarc.gfinity.net/recreation/rules

#41 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 10:51:00 PM(UTC)
Why are they always using that track?
#42 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 11:30:42 PM(UTC)
https://forzarc.gfinity..../recreation/leaderboards

No Leaderboards up yet.

It's a little easier to figure out who won than it is in the Elite series but there is still the possibility of prizes getting passed down due to players not being registered etc.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:22:15 PM(UTC)
Ok very pleased to see the leaderboards. PJ can you just clarify for me that the leaderboard I see is for the whole recreation game or is it for the Oceania Asia region. The LB shows a total 750 players but there should be a way higher total than that right! Also PJ how in hell do you do a time like that I thought my time was really good .LOL.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:28:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 12:39:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRK333 Go to Quoted Post
Ok very pleased to see the leaderboards. PJ can you just clarify for me that the leaderboard I see is for the whole recreation game or is it for the Oceania Asia region.
The LB shows a total 750 players but there should be a way higher total than that right!

I believe the Recreation Series leaderboards are global; looks like the Gfinity board only shows people who actually registered (12,000 people did it in-game).

Also PJ how in hell do you do a time like that I thought my time was really good .LOL.

...by hitting [Restart] every 30 seconds ;)

It was lots of trial and error, gradually taking each corner faster and trying out different lines.

That being said #1 was still 6 seconds faster and I don't know where most of that time is coming from :D
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 1:30:06 AM(UTC)
Just rechecked LB shows 715 entrants. If it is global then gfinity still have to divide it into regions for prizes?
#46 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:01:52 AM(UTC)
Just rechecked LB shows 715 entrants. If it is global then gfinity still have to divide it into regions for prizes?

Recreation was never intended to be Regional. Making it Regional now would mean multiplying your prize pool by 5 and I doubt GFinity/Microsoft have the budget/ROI projections to justify that.

The majority of their focus is on Elite; Recreation is there so that us casual players don't feel left out ;) Think of it as a fun challenge where you might get enough money for a free game if you do really well.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:02:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:42:30 PM(UTC)
Thanks PJ for all the answers makes things easier when we can get a good basic understanding of how this competition works.
#48 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 6:32:33 AM(UTC)
How are people using their own cars to run this rivals event? It's ridiculous that all the top 20 times are cheaters and even outside top 20 there are few more who are using their own cars. I hope these times are removed.
#49 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 6:38:38 AM(UTC)
Thanks PJ for all the answers makes things easier when we can get a good basic understanding of how this competition works.

Somebody has to do it, and I don't see any Gfinity/Turn 10 people here ;)
#50 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 11:29:45 PM(UTC)
How are people using their own cars to run this rivals event? It's ridiculous that all the top 20 times are cheaters and even outside top 20 there are few more who are using their own cars. I hope these times are removed.

I don't know how they do it, but they certainly won't be winning anything​ other than a ban. At least 30 of the top 100 last week were using the wrong car. You shouldn't win a Porsche event driving a Lamborghini...
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error