#1 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:56:26 PM(UTC)
I need some help drawing yin yang and curved text (around circles). Thanks in advance for any tips!
#2 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 5:30:05 AM(UTC)
A tip for curved text - I draw the circle, then place H's around it where I want my text- the 'H' is wide and has a double-leg base, so it's easy to spin it to the arc, and get the correct angle. Then replace it with the letter you want, and it will have the rotation you need.

edit- and here's a yin yang symbol, with a breakdown of the parts in the order they're placed.

Edited by user Friday, March 17, 2017 5:44:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:59:12 PM(UTC)
This should help. Thanks!
#4 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 6:46:21 AM(UTC)
no problem- let me know if there's anything in the picture you need clarification on (but if yo start at the top and work down it should come out good).
#5 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 5:20:13 PM(UTC)
Where should I position the circles to make it exactly? I made one that's not quite right (one half of the yin yang is not rounded).
#6 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 8:49:34 PM(UTC)
basically everything should be on the same center line- other than the two half-circles, of course. But all the circles are perfectly round, so wherever you start, make your largest black circle, then in the same spot a slightly smaller white circle, then the two half-circles (either one first- slightly less height than the last white circle, and half the width). Then the smaller circles exactly 1/2 the height of your white circle and then the smallest at whatever size you like, again on center line.
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:17:05 PM(UTC)
I think I finally figured this out. It took time and trial and error, but my version finally looks like yin-yang. Thanks for all previous tips! Next up for me, circular text.

Edited by user Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:22:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error