4 Pages1234PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:05:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheBadJesus Go to Quoted Post
They reminded me more of the cars you'd find in Gran Turismo inflating their number of cars with stuff you'd never want to drive.

There it is, cars you don't want to drive. Doesn't mean everyone else doesn't want to drive them though.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:28:56 PM(UTC)
Glad i didnt buy the car pass as only one car from each pack interested me, i paid for them one at a time. The only pack i purchased outright was all stars to get rid of the broken gifted lambo , in all the total purchases came close to the car pass price. I would have been miles ahead in savings if the gifted lambo was fixed at their end rather than spending $15 for a pack i didnt want for the sake of a clean garage.
Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:47:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: allsupratt Go to Quoted Post
Personally I don't care to receive cars in the car packs that are usually in the base game 5 times over like the ACR.

The car pack for this game was over all meh, I like the diversity, I loved some of the cars (the skylines) it was good to see a few cars from the past get revemped. I feel like that is more a direction that should be taken into consideration, when looking at future car pass selections.

There are a lot of cars, that a lot of customers, would love to see in the game again. With the TVR's alone, there's many of those cars we haven't seen in the last few games. I think I would feel better about purchasing another car pass if I knew I was getting more cars I either, haven't seen in a while or, never have seen in forza games. I think it's a slap in the face when I get the same, tired, car from previous standard edition, forza games.

We all like what we like but I believe this is a rehash of old feedback that no longer applies.

There has been a distinct move towards providing new cars not seen before. If cars have been returning, a lot of the time it has been because people requested the return of that car.

Not sure that returning cars is still a valid issue.
I blame the ants.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:55:43 PM(UTC)
I noticed a lot of the packs were Japanese and Aussie car heavy.
Forza Faithful since FM4.
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:09:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
There it is, cars you don't want to drive. Doesn't mean everyone else doesn't want to drive them though.

This coming from the guy that hates every car made after ~2015 and needs to post about it every chance he gets lol

🇨🇦
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:37:27 PM(UTC)
Careful guys, I've read rumors Forza 7 may be a service type game, meaning no 8, just content updates, which when you think about it, isn't a bad idea.
New cars and tracks are the bulk of what can be done for racing titles.
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:55:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

This coming from the guy that hates every car made after ~2015 and needs to post about it every chance he gets lol

I don't try to imply that no-one wants them in the game, nor that no-one wants to drive them though. Alongside that, it's not every car made after 2015, I quite like the recently added Camaro. I fail to see how my thoughts on the cars added in the appropriate DLC thread, and in this thread (a thread asking about peoples opinions on the packs as a whole) is every chance I get. On top of that, I'd say it's more cars made since 2010 I dislike ;)
#58 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 2:29:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheBadJesus Go to Quoted Post
They reminded me more of the cars you'd find in Gran Turismo inflating their number of cars with stuff you'd never want to drive.

As I said before, there's not a car that came out thus far that I don't like. Granted, the Volvo V60 was kinda redundant, but I still like it.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
 3 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 4:13:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
Careful guys, I've read rumors Forza 7 may be a service type game, meaning no 8, just content updates, which when you think about it, isn't a bad idea.

Have you got a link to back up those claims, or is it a case of "my friend says this".
#60 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:19:59 AM(UTC)
I'm satisfied with the packs distributed so far, there's been at least one car in each pack that i've been looking forward to drive which is a step up compared to the dlc packs released for fm6 and horizon2.

#61 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:47:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiaxialWriter0 Go to Quoted Post

Could you please specify the pack that is heavy on australian cars, i would like to buy that pack.
All the packs i've seen contain one or less aussie cars, except the all stars pack, which was a larger pack and had 2 aussie cars....

Mod Edit: Sig size exceeds forum limits, 480x115 pixels max. Do not repost. - D
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:03:46 AM(UTC)
I was more than happy with the car pass, good lord look at some of these cars we got:

Aston Martin Vulcan
Pagani Hyuara BC
BMW M2
S14!!!!!!***!*!*!*
RX-7 FC !*!*!*!*!*!*
R-31!!*!*!*!
F-150 Trophy Truck
Honda S800
Aston Martin DB11
Nissan GTR LM !*!*!*!*! (I NEVER thought I would see that in a Forza)

The problem is the MAP of the game is absolutely awful in the context of a DRIVING game that should have interesting roads to drive on. Every open world game I play from Watch Dogs 2 to Ghost Recon wildlands have long winding roads and mountain passes to cruise on and yet an open world racing game by a AAA developer has the most boring roads of all...................
#63 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:23:54 PM(UTC)
Great to see that overall, people were happy with what they got.

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Excellent info breakdown! Love it.

I figured if anyone here would, it'd be you :)

Took me around three hours to do too, so I'm glad someone does!

Rather than remain anonymous, I should put in my own feedback.

Overall, I am satisfied with the Car Pass. Of all the gripes I have with the game/franchise as of 2017, the car roster never was bad, and the DLC wasn't either. I have received a few of my personal wishlist cars in the Car Pass, as well as finding some that I hope make it in to the next game.

I do completely understand the complaints with the PI system though. I can easily see why that would diminish your enjoyment of the cars, even if you didn't think many (if any) of them were bad.

My favorite car pack was a tie between the October and February car packs. I felt both packs entirely suited my vehicular interests or interested me enough to try them out.

My least favorite car pack was the January car pack. I did love the addition of the i8 and the R31, and I've come around to the XA and RXC. The Bentley and F-150 TT didn't particularly suit me though, and the Volvo felt redundant. Not bad, just redundant.

My favorite car.....honestly....this was a pretty bad question :) If you were to ask me what my favorite car is in real life, I'd ask you under what parameters. "My favorite 80s wagon is.....My favorite 90s supercar is......My favorite underappreciated car is.....". Nice to see a couple Renault Alpine GTA comments though! I think it's a great car myself!

My least favorite car was probably the Bentley Bentayga. This isn't a bad car, I'm just not really a fan of high-end luxury cars and SUVs. Needless to say, a high-end luxury SUV isn't on the top of my enjoyment list.

Overall, I do think the value was good for the dollar I put in. I'd bring up examples of games I spent the same or less amount of money on, but those were all on sale. Come to think of it, it was a great value for the money, because I technically got it free! (Amazon Prime member; got the Ultimate Edition for the price of the Deluxe Edition)

As stands, I feel the price is fine where it is.

I would like to see the Car Pass cover all the monthly car packs (at higher cost), but I'm not horribly bothered by the current system as is. A cost vs. content ratio favors adding more. $30 for six packs vs. $50 for 11......that does require T10/PG release 11 packs though.
One of "The 50"
#64 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:33:34 PM(UTC)
Disappointed there wasn't more classics in the game.or car packs. could of been more balanced
#65 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 1:39:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TwinMagician589 Go to Quoted Post

Could you please specify the pack that is heavy on australian cars, i would like to buy that pack.
All the packs i've seen contain one or less aussie cars, except the all stars pack, which was a larger pack and had 2 aussie cars....

I meant that there was at least one in every pack.

Forza Faithful since FM4.
#66 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:05:07 PM(UTC)

Then it would be US heavy as well.
Been at least one in every pack as well
#67 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:05:55 PM(UTC)
Too much to quote but I feel the same as the ones saying that there is some redundancy and the Car Pass could be a bit more fair priced. Like 24.90 for the semi-annual packs or 45€ the bundle of 11
Forza Concerns: economy, gameplay mechanism,car list,PI-System,limited physics, unserious arcadish driving system, plain and empty map
#68 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 4:56:20 PM(UTC)
The car pass didnt disappoint, i just dont think its really worth half the price of the base game to get them. Theres really nothing that stood out to me, i really wouldnt have even been able to tell you what were in the packs to begin with honestly. So i probably wont be buying the car pass again as well as any type of expansion pass, I wouldnt have missed anything if i didn't get these things.

As far as a complete dlc pass, i dont think this would ever happen. As it stands now they are contracturally obligated to release 1 car pack every month for six months and add 2 expansions within 12 months (i dont think they ever put a time frame on it).

The car pass is already a discounted price, it might not be financially viable to offer every pack for a discount. Every car takes a different amount of time to make as well as costs a different amount to license. Im sure these things as well as others factor into how they decide to release these packs.

Some cars are free, some are for car pass packs, some are for expansion packs and some are for post car pass packs. If people werent really buying the car pass or the expansions i dont think we'd see many free cars or post car pass packs. If they see theres still potential to make money on packs then im sure they would continue adding them.

At some point focus has to be put towards the next game. Forza motorsport 7 will likely include many of these new cars that have been added as well as others that will debut with the new title. They have stated that they are constantly building cars. As of now they have given themselves the flexibility to continue support if needed on the current game or keep the cars for the release of the next game.

Edited by user Thursday, March 9, 2017 4:57:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:38:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

I think the packs were car heavy, there was 7 of them in every pack.

I blame the ants.
#70 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2017 11:43:46 PM(UTC)
Was fine for me,money I did not waste on fast food,so was healthy too!!
#71 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 1:45:09 AM(UTC)
First all of thanks for all your information and the breakdown. I'm sure that took some time.

I'll admit I am satisfied with the car pass. Not beaming with joy at the purchase, just satisfied and that's not a bad thing. It's actually the first car pass I have bought for a Forza title and that's because the Horizon series has good DLC packs imo. If I was basing my decision from the more recent Motorsport series car pass DLC (FM5 & 6) then I wouldn't have purchased the pass.

There are some blockbuster cars of the past year or so (AMG GT R, Huayra BC, M2, Viper ACR, M4 GTS, Civic Type R, NSX, DB11, Camaro ZL1) and some cars that I hadn't truly seen much of that I think are brilliant fun (Talbot Sunbeam, Skyline R31, Nismo LM, HSV GTSR, Jeep CJ-5).

Satisfied but I agree with Eduardo on his point about the PI system. The cars I enjoy but the PI system writes some of those cars off and you can't fully tap into the upgrade potential of them. Or in the case of the Viper ACR, they just end up in PI limbo.
#72 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 2:58:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

I think the packs were car heavy, there was 7 of them in every pack.

I don't think they were heavy enough. Needs more 'Murican barges and Military vehicles. Maybe a tank whilst we're there.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#73 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 5:08:24 AM(UTC)
im happy with the cars and DLC. allot isn't my taste and some is. im used to it by now so complaining about a car in a DLC have no meaning to me.

as others have said. my biggest gripe about this game is the PI system and sound for some cars. that kills some of the enjoyment.
But it helps to play with friends and not AI's.. though some friends drive like them.. lol
#74 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 5:31:59 AM(UTC)
I don't know about the DLC maybe its ok I guess but aren't you tired of the amount of super and exotic cars? In the real world you can hardly afford 2 or 3. If FH was real most of the cars you would see would be affordable ones to the common person. Do you really put a Ferrari or Lamborghini in a race? Doubtful... Anyway I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the game but come on 10+ of each, I'm a bit tired. Arcade racing games use to focus on more down to earth cars with only a few exotics. It is also true that there weren't that many a few decades ago.

[Mod Edit - Not a wish list - D]

We have a few but not that many specially recent ones:
Vauxhall Astra
Vauxhall Corsa
Civic TypeR
Volvo S60
Abarth 500
Mazda 3
Mini Cooper
etc....

But if you make a comparison you have a lot more exotic and super cars in my opinion. Maybe that's what sells so what to do....

Edited by user Sunday, March 12, 2017 1:58:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 7/29/2044 12:40:18 AM(UTC)
#75 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 7:44:13 AM(UTC)
I like most of the cars, i love the Vulcan and the Bentley. Also the recent Jaguar just added. I feel like the BC (pagini) was a little slow though. I feel like the could have added more super cars, like the chiron.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error