4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:18:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
I don't even think I will get FM7, if it's just going to feel FM6.1 with offroad and trophy trucks then I'm not interested at all. They seriously gotta revamp the core of their game, get rid of the ridiculous "assists" and make it more realistic. Project CARS 2 looks a lot more interesting to me, I'm super hyped about that one! I'll make the final decision on FM7 once they announce the game though but so far I think I will just pass. Turn 10 simply don't have the guts to really revamp their game IMO. If in FM7 you can again import tunes form previous games then they already failed because that means nothing has changed at all. Maybe if I want a second game next to PCARS2 I should just give GT Sport a try since I now got a PS4 Pro anyway (bought it for Horizon Zero Dawn - amazing game and a nice refreshment from all the racing games I've been playing the past 2-3 years). But then again, Polyphony sure isn't anymore what it used to be with releases being years behind schedule and this silly Vision GT nonsense.

I agree with a lot of your post, apart from the bolded part, and the comment about FH3 being better than 1/2. As long as they give the option for people to still use the assists, I'm okay with them going a more sim type route (as an option) for those that want it.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:18:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 3:51:59 PM(UTC)
It's a mixed bag of cars, as expected and as it should be. I got plenty enough winners for the car pass to be a good buy though. The Acura NSX in particular is outstanding.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:05:02 PM(UTC)
Not satisfied, like FM6 all over again. Love the new Nissan and Volvo, as well as a car here and there from previous packs.

Missing:

70's Countach,
80's Testarossa
DMC
Pantera
72 Hemi Cuda

Edited by user Wednesday, March 8, 2017 3:35:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:12:50 PM(UTC)
My favorite cars from the packs (that I have actually raced with, some aren't listed that I haven't used yet):

The October Smoking Tire Car Pack
- 2000 Lotus 340R
- 2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
- 1976 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade

The November Alpinestars Car Pack
- 1998 Nissan Silvia K's (S14)
- 1990 Mazda Savannah RX-7
- 1979 Talbot Lotus Sunbeam

The December Logitech G Car Pack
- 2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept
- 1965 Pontiac GTO
- 2017 Jaguar F-PACE S
- 1996 HSV GTSR
- 2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R
- 1992 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 2.0 GT

The January Rockstar Energy Car Pack
- 2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- 1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)

The February Playseat Car Pack
- 1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A
- 1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
- 1970 Honda S800

The March Duracell Car Pack
- 1992 Ford Falcon GT
- 1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
- 1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
- 1959 BMW 507
- 1972 Land Rover Series III

What's my favorite pack?

It's a tie between the November and December ones.

I like November because 2 of my favorite JDM racers made it into the same pack and I could be satisfied on Asian Sports Cars to drive alone just off of those two. I'm not a drift fanatic, I just love making good "highway racer" builds out of these. Obviously Wangan racing is my influence.

I must go with December, because I used every car in the pack and found all of them fun and unique. The 92 Supra, which didn't get a feature in the trailer, was my favorite.

What is my least favorite pack?

The January pack.

The i8 is easily the most requested car in Forza. Unfortunately it doesn't hold any place in my heart. It has futuristic styling. Interesting. It's a good performer. That's good and all but it doesn't surprise me or make me want it more. If the i8 is the car of the future, I will only be buying junkers from used car lots for the rest of my life just to spite the change in styling.

I love having more wagons, it is just a shame the one we were given was so closely related to the one we already had.

What was my favorite car pack car?

The 1990 Renault Alpine. Never has a french car appealed to me in this way. It's an extremely good performer and worthy of the tune I am still working on for it.

What was my least favorite car?

2016 BMW M2 Coupe

I kind of cringed when I saw this car. There's just so much similar to it already. It just felt forced and not really asked for. I'm sure it's a great car in it's own right but I'll never drive it for myself because I will have the exact same experience and expectations for the very similar performance coupes from BMW already in the game. I don't hate it, I don't think it doesn't have a place, but it just kind of felt like I was already being served popcorn for a movie that I enjoy and then out of nowhere I received a different brand of popcorn that I didn't really need. I can't complain that I have it but that doesn't mean I'm going to eat it.

Do I feel the value?

Of course I do. Being a long-time Forza fan I was destined to end up buying everything regardless just so I could enjoy my complete collection. The add-on Barn Finds were great. The Forzathon Unicorns were great. Being that I paid extra for this specifically, I got some of my favorite vehicles that were missing from the game and also tried new ones that I ended up loving. I went for the Ultimate Edition (because not having the ultimate edition) since as long as I get what it promised me I knew I was going to get stuff I haven't seen before.

Do you feel the price should be raised, lowered, or remain the same?

If I bought the pass instead of Ultimate, I would have been saving a significant amount, so it's obviously a good choice to take advantage of the pass if you do plan on buying everything. It could be cheaper, but I spent more money on Forza 4 than I have on any of the new games due to my poor financial decisions (buy cars / packs individually, and then buy it all because I can afford it bow).

Would you like to see the Car Pass covered to include all future DLC packs, at a higher cost?

I'm still saving money so it's a solid purchase. There's not much of a reason for them to not include future stuff other than profit. Having it include the rest (which I assume would have it cost more) would certainly be a nice money saver but I assume that at least now I am in control of what packs I buy and don't buy.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:33:34 PM(UTC)
Well, I'd have to say I'm completely satisfied with the car pass. We got r31 skyline, mk3 supra, fc rx7, type r civic, nsx, r33 gtrlm, zl1 camaro, s14 kouki, m2, and atsv.........some of these I've been questioning the absence of since fm4 (and 1 more still remains absent but I have 0 faith that the EG civic will make a return) but I have to say I think I got my money's worth this time with the car pass (fm6 was rather disappointing to me but there were still some fun cars added to fm6).
#31 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:01:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Overrall, I'd say I was satisfied with this Car Pass.

I'll start with a breakdown of the good, and bad, of each pack for me.

Good
2000 Lotus 340R
2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
1976 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade

Bad
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
2016 Pagani Huayra BC
2016 [Spania GTA] GTA Spano
2016 BMW M2 Coupe

Good
1998 Nissan Silvia K's (S14)
1990 Mazda Savannah RX-7
1967 Ford Falcon XR GT
1979 Talbot Lotus Sunbeam

Bad
2017 Acura NSX
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
2016 BMW M4 GTS

Good
2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept
2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler
1965 Pontiac GTO
1996 HSV GTSR
1992 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 2.0 GT

Bad
2017 Jaguar F-PACE S
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R

Good
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)

Bad
2015 BMW i8
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2015 Radical RXC Turbo
2014 Ford #11 Rockstar F-150 Trophy Truck
2016 Bentley Bentayga

Good
1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans
1970 Honda S800

Bad
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
2017 Aston Martin DB11
2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2016 Honda Civic Type R

Good
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
1959 BMW 507
1972 Land Rover Series III

Bad
2015 Jaguar XES

23/42 cars liked isn't bad.

I take it that you're not particularly a fan of modern/ newer cars

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:02:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:23:15 PM(UTC)
Cars are like women and or men we all see something different in each model some we like some we don't. On average about 20% of car pack cars and base game/dlc cars meet my fancy and that is awesome 20% of 450+ is more than sufficient for me to enjoy FH3. Unfortunately, as already stated, the nature of the PI system has reduced the game to a one dimensional HP centered pursuit. This is not necessarily a bad thing as the game ultimately dictates this type of tuning. When the PI system doesn't allow all the cars in the game to shine in their respective discipline/class this results in these great cars not being used as much as they should be. More buggies please.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:50:44 AM(UTC)
I got the Ultimate edition so l see myself having paid a tenner for these.

There's about 8 cars that l really want. And well over a dozen that l'm keen to try. With those figures sure it was worth it.

But to 30$ for these, no l wouldn't have. I might've individually bought the alpinestar pack.
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:09:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Legusta001 Go to Quoted Post

Good
2000 Lotus 340R
1976 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade

Bad
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
2016 Pagani Huayra BC
2016 BMW M2 Coupe

Good
1990 Mazda Savannah RX-7
1967 Ford Falcon XR GT

Bad
2017 Acura NSX
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
2016 BMW M4 GTS

Good
2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler
1965 Pontiac GTO
1996 HSV GTSR

Bad
2017 Jaguar F-PACE S
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R

Good

Bad
2015 BMW i8
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2015 Radical RXC Turbo
2016 Bentley Bentayga

Good
1970 Honda S800

Bad
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
2017 Aston Martin DB11
2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2016 Honda Civic Type R

Good
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1959 BMW 507

Bad
2015 Jaguar XES

Not particularly, no. They don't excite me the way an older car does. There are some exceptions of course, like the new Camaro and the Bentley concept. Though there was a time when I'd have been excited to see the most recent, most up-to-date cars added to a game, but over time I've grown to appreciate the older cars more. I think a lot of it is to do with the design of them. In a lot of cases, the older cars were designed the way the designer wanted them to be, without needing to conform to a heap of rules and regulations.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:40:06 AM(UTC)

Good
2000 Lotus 340R
1976 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade

Bad
2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
2016 Pagani Huayra BC
2016 BMW M2 Coupe

Good
1990 Mazda Savannah RX-7
1967 Ford Falcon XR GT

Bad
2017 Acura NSX
2016 Dodge Viper ACR
2016 BMW M4 GTS

Good
2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler
1965 Pontiac GTO
1996 HSV GTSR

Bad
2017 Jaguar F-PACE S
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R

Good

Bad
2015 BMW i8
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2015 Radical RXC Turbo
2016 Bentley Bentayga

Good
1970 Honda S800

Bad
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
2017 Aston Martin DB11
2016 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
2016 Honda Civic Type R

Good
1992 Ford Falcon GT
1959 BMW 507

Bad
2015 Jaguar XES

Not particularly, no. They don't excite me the way an older car does. There are some exceptions of course, like the new Camaro and the Bentley concept. Though there was a time when I'd have been excited to see the most recent, most up-to-date cars added to a game, but over time I've grown to appreciate the older cars more. I think a lot of it is to do with the design of them. In a lot of cases, the older cars were designed the way the designer wanted them to be, without needing to conform to a heap of rules and regulations.

Ah, that makes sense, never thought of it that way though
#36 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:53:38 AM(UTC)
There are some good cars , love the Vulcan , Morgan , crown Vic , Titan warier but 3 ford falcons in 1 car pass is very bad
#37 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 5:54:17 AM(UTC)
Australia: 5
- 1967 Ford Falcon XR GT - 9/10
- 1972 Ford Falcon XA GT- **** - 10/10
- 1985 HDT VK Commodore Group A - 10/10
- 1992 Ford Falcon GT - 9/10
- 1996 HSV GTSR - 8/10

I bought the car pass because I knew we would get more Australian cars and I had faith that the right ones would be picked. The Phase IV and Brock Commodore were 2 of my top 3 most wanted so those cars alone made the entire pass worth it. The other car in my top 3 is the E49 Charger which is still coming. I don't really care about the newer models as much as I do cars from the 80's. I like them but I grew up with these old cars and watching them race at Bathurst so they mean more to me. The only "complaint" I have is that there are a few cars (Holden LJ XU-1, Ford XC Cobra and Holden HK Monaro) that haven't been included but I know there are still more cars to come and they could still show up. I just hope that all the cars that have been added in this game make it into FM7 as I want to see just how good our cars are compared to the best the US has and the only way to do that is on a racetrack.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:01:00 AM(UTC)
I was absolutely satisfied with the contents of the Car Pass.

My favorite car added would have to be the R31, it's so much fun to drive. But I found something to like in every pack.

If I had any complaint it's that I felt a few more of the cars should have had body kit options, that's it really.
More characters than sense.
 4 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:23:48 AM(UTC)
I think the price point and selection of cars was good. Actually I really liked most of the cars added.

To me the car pass gave me excitement for what was in store with FM7. Gives me hope that the lower classes will be full of even more options.

No matter how good the car selection was in FH3, it didnt sway me to play past November. The game design didn't promote replayability after all career and achievements (pre-expansion) were complete. The mix of annoying awd swapping, v12 swapping, difficulty in creating cars that fit into top of PI without insane power, and atrocious multiplayer really turned me off. Casual cruising bores me, so with that plus game design fails, FH3 didn't stay downloaded long.
 2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 6:43:12 AM(UTC)
I would rather have the Car Pass include all car packs and cost more because if it only provides about half of the car packs, why is it a car pass? it should cover all car packs even if it costs more.
Lamborghini Guy. Also like Ford, Ferrari, Porsche, VW, Land Rover, and Lotus.
 2 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:08:54 AM(UTC)
Personally I don't care to receive cars in the car packs that are usually in the base game 5 times over like the ACR.

The car pack for this game was over all meh, I like the diversity, I loved some of the cars (the skylines) it was good to see a few cars from the past get revemped. I feel like that is more a direction that should be taken into consideration, when looking at future car pass selections.

There are a lot of cars, that a lot of customers, would love to see in the game again. With the TVR's alone, there's many of those cars we haven't seen in the last few games. I think I would feel better about purchasing another car pass if I knew I was getting more cars I either, haven't seen in a while or, never have seen in forza games. I think it's a slap in the face when I get the same, tired, car from previous standard edition, forza games.

I didn't like car packs that every car only had a wing and lip kit.. I love to change up the look of the cars. The 03 cobra R in my garage looks like a normal GT, why? Because it's fun to make a sleeper car, however it didn't happen in this game, so many kits were taken away.

I learned one thing twice now, (FM6, FH3), NEVER buy a pass before all the cars are out.. the monthly disappointment is more than the cost of the pass.

Favorite car? Skyline LM

Least favorite? All the "replay," ones from Forza 1 through 6 and FH1 and 2.

Favorite car pack? I cannot say, I would have to base it on a single car and not the pack as a whole, that would be a biased opinion not related to the question.

Least favorite car pack? Novembers.. 6 cars in that pack were previously known to be base game content. Although they were all great cars, I was disappointed that I had to wait for them to come out in a pack, and that these were cars, I was spending extra money on. I don't think any race game ever has made you spend extra money on an RX7 (unless crew did it) or a Silvia K.

Would I spend more momey on a pass? Absolutely not.

Would I spend more on a longer lasting pass? No.. For what reason could I justify that? "50 bucks gets you the rest of the base game! Yay!!"

Would I buy another pass? I would consider buying another pass. (After I knew what was in those packs) but most likely as others have stated, there seems to be other games coming out that are currently holding my attention on the racing front. I may buy FM7 but I will not buy another horizon, and most likely will not buy a pass. Pcars 2 so far looks promising and I'm welcoming a change for racing games. I hope they can deliver.

Tldr, get more cars, in packs, that we haven't driven billions of miles in other forza games, more mods for said cars. Anything but those forza wings and standard lips.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:17:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammer

1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:30:16 AM(UTC)
I generally thought it was ok... but, like most car DLC, I wish there were fewer modern cars and more weird/obscure/old cars.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:59:15 AM(UTC)
I'm ok with the content of the car pass. There weren't too many you got to be freaking kidding me cars included (Aztek, Limo, Isseta) and had a pretty good balance of modern autos vs classics/retro. I did however have a beef with the 3 Falcons, but i gave it a Sdot pass because the game was based in Aus. Also, I had/still have a beef with the classification of some of the cars(Vulcan <> Hypercar, ATS-V, ACR, <> Musclecar, and lack of customization options for the DLC content(Extreme Aero pkg ACR, Carbon package ATS-V, etc). Otherwise i guess I'm good, but am not buying another car pass.
Mysigpic
2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 12.7 @ 111.2
mid 8s w/ a "little time and money"
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:02:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CSR02 Go to Quoted Post
I would rather have the Car Pass include all car packs and cost more because if it only provides about half of the car packs, why is it a car pass? it should cover all car packs even if it costs more.

That's why it's called Car Pass and not Season Pass.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:56:21 AM(UTC)

Technically it would be the other way around, in its current state, it IS more of a season pass. CarPass should generally mean CarPass not dependent on a timeframe. Season would indicate a timeframe.
Mysigpic
2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 12.7 @ 111.2
mid 8s w/ a "little time and money"
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:51:43 AM(UTC)

I'd argue that the Car Pass is the game's equivalent of a Season Pass. I mentioned in my long post in this thread that one of my biggest gripes with this series is the passes not including all the DLC. That still stands for me.
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 11:32:40 AM(UTC)

I'd argue that the Car Pass is the game's equivalent of a Season Pass. I mentioned in my long post in this thread that one of my biggest gripes with this series is the passes not including all the DLC. That still stands for me.

I'm in 2 minds about this area.

No. It's not a season pass. It doesn't use the word 'season'. Therefore it includes what it wants to - in this case, 6 packs. Therefore it's literally (not morally) correct in what it offers.

However

Yes. As to why you get only 6 packs when other games have had more, I don't necessarily understand. Why then split the "season pass" to a car pass for packs and an expansion pass, again, I don't understand. It would make sense to charge the standard flat £30-45 and get the whole lot, than to spend 2 different sums for 2 different areas. I put it to you this way.

If you are going out of your way to buy areas "season pass", aren't you looking to get all DLC the game comes with? Would you go to, say, Battlefield 1's season pass but want new guns but not expansions? I doubt it.

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#48 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:48:55 PM(UTC)
I know, if a lot of these cars were highly requested, that I must be in the minority, but I was pretty disappointed with the selection. One of the things I like most about racing games is that I can play at driving cars I could otherwise only dream of driving. For me far too many of the cars were either common street cars or their rare cousins. I'd hoped for far more Hypercars, Supercars, rare old sports cars, etc. While I prefer seeing cars that have never been in Forza before and that I've yet to drive, I'd still have been happier if they included some of the great cars that were in Forza 4. For me, like many, that game had the best ever line up. Gumpert Apollo, Ascari KZ1R, Bertone Mantide, Devon GTX, Joss, Mosler, Spada, etc. Those are the types of cars I wanted more of. Most of what we got I'll never even use. They reminded me more of the cars you'd find in Gran Turismo inflating their number of cars with stuff you'd never want to drive.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:09:39 PM(UTC)
I saw no reason to buy a single car, let alone a full pack or the Car Pass. The game comes with over 300 cars out of the box and they are varied enough to handle anything that comes up.

I'm not advocating "power creep" but I would prefer if additional content added more to the overall experience than simply another few cars to drive. Blizzard Mountain was a good example but that's something that requires significant development time and it's unreasonable to ask for monthly iterations.

I liked how Driveclub approached Downloadable Content. Every pack had the following:

• Additonal cars.
  • Unique customisation elements (in this case, preset liveries).
  • A short collection of Single Player Career races based around the cars in a particular pack (using existing circuits).
  • Additional Achievements tied to the cars of a pass and the Single Player content.

This worked better than the Forza model of post-release content as it not only gave me new cars, it gave me a reason to use them.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:12:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: .

#50 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:15:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
I saw no reason to buy a single car, let alone a full pack or the Car Pass. The game comes with over 300 cars out of the box and they are varied enough to handle anything that comes up.

I'm not advocating "power creep" but I would prefer if additional content added more to the overall experience than simply another few cars to drive. Blizzard Mountain was a good example but that's something that requires significant development time and it's unreasonable to ask for monthly iterations.

I liked how Driveclub approached Downloadable Content. Every pack had the following:

• Additonal cars.
  • Unique customisation elements (in this case, preset liveries).
  • A short collection of Single Player Career races based around the cars in a particular pack (using existing circuits).
  • Additional Achievements tied to the cars of a pass and the Single Player content.

This worked better than the Forza model of post-release content as it not only gave me new cars, it gave me a reason to use them.

Whilst i definitely see the benefits of this, i would not want the number of cars added reduced. With 7 varied cars per pack i may find 1 or 2 i want to drive.

With races using existing tracks i feel meh.
I blame the ants.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error