4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 10:05:52 PM(UTC)
Well,

I'm pretty stoked about this car pack.

Land Rover? Cant wait for it, should be fun to see how it does against the Bronco, FJ40 and Scout.

ZL1? No, it's not the same as a last gen SS or Z28, that's just silly.

XE? I'm psyched for this but I'm a Jaguar geek. I've had seat time at a Jaguar event in an XE Diesel and had a 25t as a service loaner, it's a fantastic car in real life, curious to see what it's like in the game.

507? Yes! Can't wait for this.

Volvo 242? I've always had a soft spot for 240s and this is the baddest 240 so I think it's a really cool addition.

NISMO GT-R? This one I'm kind of meh about, I'll see what it's like to drive but GT-Rs don't generally do it for me.

Falcon GT? Not a car I'm terribly familiar with but looks interesting.

Overall I'm stoked, seriously I was really hoping for the XE more than anything.... well, I'm dreaming they'll put an XJ in the game but that's not going to happen haha.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#52 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 11:45:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Breyzipp Go to Quoted Post
Pre-release this is my order of interest for the new cars :

- 1959 BMW 507
- 1992 Ford Falcon GT
- 1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
- 1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
- 1972 Land Rover Series III
- 2015 Jaguar XES
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

Overall a rather weak pack IMO with not a single car to stand out or to even truly interest me. I'm far more excited about this news that also came out today.

Okay? Then go play PC.

Nah, enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn too much :)
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#53 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:16:07 AM(UTC)
On paper here are my thoughts.

Land Rover? I am over leaderboard hunting which may leave this as a meh addition.

ZL1? Probably my.favorite of the pack. May do a Goliath hour in it.

XE? Ok. Good variety re engine and my latest gameplay has been using original motors.

507? Meh, been there, done that.

Volvo 242? Meh.

NISMO GT-R? Should be able to find something to do with it.

Falcon GT? Whilst it is in a year range where we are lacking Aussie cars i still would prefer a few older Aussies.

I blame the ants.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:16:22 AM(UTC)
hey guys, where can i find the patch notes if there are any?
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:33:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MalerFlieger Go to Quoted Post
hey guys, where can i find the patch notes if there are any?

Patch notes?
That's a really good joke.
User is suspended until 7/22/2044 1:30:08 PM(UTC)
#56 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:44:49 AM(UTC)
Now I'm currently typing this from school since we have school iPads and I decided to go in and look at the car pack, and I'm disappointed. This is not my main account since I had to log on, on my school iPad. I have seen people ask for ferraris, the new Chiron and new drift cars. All we get is a bunch of useless cars I will never use. It seems like you buy the season sock, and for a gives you bad cars. This team is able to create a awesome map and a nice game, I'm sad to seee such a boring car pack. I was expecting the new Bugatti or a cool Ferrari.

also how come the GTA Spano is not in the pack? For the money we paid for the season pack we get useless cars. Of the past 42 cars that have been released I have never seen someone use the cars online because they are not good. Wow the ZR1, totally not like every other mustang out their. Also who needed that Land Rover? Just another filler car.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:49:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:52:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IronOak53905023 Go to Quoted Post
Now I'm currently typing this from school since we have school iPads and I decided to go in and look at the car pack, and I'm disappointed. This is not my main account since I had to log on, on my school iPad. I have seen people ask for ferraris, the new Chiron and new drift cars. All we get is a bunch of useless cars I will never use. It seems like you buy the season sock, and for a gives you bad cars. This team is able to create a awesome map and a nice game, I'm sad to seee such a boring car pack. I was expecting the new Bugatti or a cool Ferrari.

also how come the GTA Spano is not in the pack? For the money we paid for the season pack we get useless cars. Of the past 42 cars that have been released I have never seen someone use the cars online because they are not good. Wow the ZR1, totally not like every other mustang out their. Also who needed that Land Rover? Just another filler car.

A lot of people requested some of these cars, I'm sorry if you feel like every car pack should be catered to your tastes. News flash: They never will be!

GTA Spano was a DLC car back in October, this one is a free version since some people may not have the original car and instead of gifting it like they did with the #63 Lamborghini, they made a new car for everyone to download.

Also, there is no ZR1, its a ZL1, which is a Camaro not a Mustang, and is nothing like any of the previous models already in the game.

Several of these cars are iconic and I'd much rather see them than another stupid, ugly and pointless Bugatti supercar.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:59:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#58 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:59:33 AM(UTC)
i cannot see new march car pack let a lone download it

#59 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:00:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rastamouse 456 Go to Quoted Post

It has not been released yet. They are normally released around 10 am PST.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#60 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:02:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rastamouse 456 Go to Quoted Post

in four hours from this post..

User is suspended until 10/1/2044 5:17:42 AM(UTC)
#61 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:01:07 AM(UTC)
Hey they said this was the last pack with the car pack so what does that even mean?
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/17/2045 11:18:44 AM(UTC)
#62 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:03:20 AM(UTC)
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the Duracell car pack in FH2 and FH3 both contain a new version of the camaro and an old BMW.
Racing is a passion. Live for it.

Gallery
User is suspended until 10/1/2044 5:17:42 AM(UTC)
#63 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:08:35 AM(UTC)
Yeah I just noticed that to what do you think? Is it just a Coincident or is there something behind it?
#64 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:43:30 AM(UTC)
I love that I can finally drive Volvo 242 and go sideways. YEY.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:11:37 AM(UTC)
Not really my favorite list of cars, but it's a decent varied list, which is good.

My only complaint is the same brands being in every single car pack. I'm a little tired of seeing BMW anything, or Holden anything. Even though I would say i'd rather a holden of any kind over ANOTHER BMW. Or maybe a nissan that's NOT a skyline. I'm just wondering where is something truly unique? Even some british classics like Austin Healy? or MG? or Triumph? or any other obscure fun classics? or even some tuned cars like we had in Forza 2... like a Lingenfelter corvette, or Hennessy viper, mine's cars etc... We have seen some possibilities of this lately.

I'm sure i'll enjoy this, but for a car pass I already paid for, i'm a little annoyed every car pack kind of followed the same "lines".
#66 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:17:33 AM(UTC)
Updates out, its 1291 MB (or 1.2-3 GB)
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:17:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StreetKing748 Go to Quoted Post
Hey they said this was the last pack with the car pack so what does that even mean?

You'll have to pay more "real" money for each car pack you buy in future... this was the last on include in the "pass"...
It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

#68 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:24:04 AM(UTC)
Store link for the pack: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/forza-horizon-3-duracell-car-pack/9mxk3bl3n97s
Though the best method if you're purchasing the pack is usually to buy it from the in-game Marketplace. Car Pass owners don't need to buy or install anything other than the content update.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#69 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:28:18 PM(UTC)
Thank you. I neglected to look at the calendar yesterday and realize that the release is today. Anyone have it yet? Still not in my updates.
Never mind. I found it. I'm was trying to download for my son before he got home from school. Please forgive me for not being x-box saavy. Just trying to be a good mom who isn't so good at navigating the x-box one. Downloading now. You guys are always so nice!! Thanks

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:33:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#70 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:39:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: four0nefive Go to Quoted Post
If you think the ZL1 is a Camaro SS with an aero kit and extra power, you probably know very little about cars.
Also, why are people ok with 2 variations of the AMG GT (GTS and GTR), R35 GTR (Pre and Post refresh models), the F Type (R and Project 7), and now the R33, but complain about the ZL1 and SS? I'm not saying I dont enjoy driving those cars (I absolutely love having more than 1 variant), it just makes no sense why some people complain about certain cars and not others.

Well, I am complaining about every car that could have otherwise been upgraded through the in-game customization menu (Aero kit, Motor/Drivetrain swaps, handling improvements,etc)
I am not judging the car packs as an absolute value, however I may say how I feel about it, and specifically say so when it's a just a personal taste and not a "absolute" rating of a car pack's value.

I don't know about cars? That was exactly a point I wanted to make months ago with Max :
We built the fastest accelerating car ever :
https://www.ethz.ch/de/news-und-...l-bricht-weltrekord.html
Now please, have some self-esteem and don't ever ever talk to me about car performance and car technologies and what is it like to develop one.
Forza Concerns: economy, gameplay mechanism,car list,PI-System,limited physics, unserious arcadish driving system, plain and empty map
 2 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:47:27 PM(UTC)
You know it's gonna be a bad car pack when the only car they put on the cover of the dlc is a Camaro lol
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#72 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:03:59 PM(UTC)
After giving each car a quick try in stock form, my impressions :

fun cars!
- 1959 BMW 507
- 1992 Ford Falcon GT

okay cars
- 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- 2015 Jaguar XES

rather boring / uninteresting
- 1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution
- 1972 Land Rover Series III

massive disappointment
- 1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM

I have no clue what the Nissan is supposed to be but it launches like a turtle, is overall way too slow for how it looks and it sounds like a chain saw. No thanks!

On the other hand I was really impressed with the car sound of the BMW 507 (for Forza standards at least). I think it's one of the best sounding cars in the game now. And that Falcon sounds pretty nice as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:10:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
#73 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:53:07 PM(UTC)
On the other hand I was really impressed with the car sound of the BMW 507 (for Forza standards at least). I think it's one of the best sounding cars in the game now.

I have to agree with you there, on top of that, it also has a nice blow off sound when you turbo it (yes, I turbo'd mine, sue me lol).
#74 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 2:23:40 PM(UTC)

I have no clue what the Nissan is supposed to be but it launches like a turtle, is overall way too slow for how it looks and it sounds like a chain saw. No thanks!

It is a one off homologation model which is a road car on the inside with a racing car body. The engine is from the road car.

I like how it sounds (at least it is unique sounding).

It is slow in stock form compared to its looks because of its road car engine.

Another example of a car that can be enjoyed once upgraded / tuned. (simply stating fact not criticizing your play style).
I blame the ants.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:27:10 PM(UTC)

Engine swaps (with the other cars in today's content update):
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error