This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 7:49:12 PM(UTC)
Hey there,

Loving the series so far, I just feel there's one thing missing from each game in the Horizon series. I'd love to see an actual race track. It's hard to imagine in the real world, should a festival like this actually occur, that it wouldn't be set at or near a race track. Be it Le Mans, Nurburgring, even Monaco. I honestly thought Monaco would be a part of the second installment.

I don't mean go and laser-scan the surrounding area or anything like that. Maybe not even a real life location, but to have an actual race track would just make it feel complete in my eyes. Maybe even bring one of the fantasy tracks from the main series like Swiss Alps or Prague.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Thank you.
#2 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 8:33:15 PM(UTC)
Maybe some sort of motorsport park expansion. As it makes more sense as some sort of expansion.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 8:48:29 PM(UTC)
To be honest, it would be cool if they kept the open world concept but came up with a totally new non Horizon concept to base the game on. I was really hoping that FH3 would be based in Japan or an open continent concept like The Crew. The next game should concentrate on having more quality roads. The open spaces are nice but they came at the expense of good racing roads. Off-road physics in FH3 were a little over the top too. I'd love to have super long roads (look what they did with Euro Truck Simulator 2) and be able to blueprint races by making your own checkpoints and start/finish lines.

-k
#4 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 9:05:41 PM(UTC)
Bathurst would've been cool for this one. Oh well.
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 10:23:08 PM(UTC)
For FH4, instead of basing the map on a specific real location, I would make it a huge diverse map(And I mean huge, like TDU/The Crew huge or bigger) with something for everyone. Huge mountains with twisty roads, a Red Rock-style desert area, open plains with huge straights, Small, out-of-the-way country towns, Touge/Drifting roads, in a Fujimo Kaido-like evironment, A handful of actual FM style racetracks alongside the street circuits/sprints and street races, Indoor stadium tracks for trophy trucks and buggies alongside the outdoor cross country/trail/scramble tracks, a PROPER big city (Surfer's Paradise is a joke, and did not capture that concrete jungle feel IMO), and plenty of offroad trails and places to explore. Also I would make it to where there's only one festival on the map, where you would work your way through the career and keep expanding this festival as you earn fans. By the last festival expansion, the festival would be a quite a sight to see. I'm talking a HUGE Horizon Festival that looks breathtaking, tons of fireworks and lights, etc, with Horizon Outposts throughout the map where you can upgrade and paint your car. I would also allow the option to turn off ANNA for good, that is if I even were to put her in the game in the first place.

For the career, I would give the game an actual story with a sense of progression, like FH1 had. Flag rush would also be nerfed and replaced with Car Soccer for the multiplayer playground games. :P

Well that's how I would make FH4. Shoutout to the person who had the idea of not basing the map on a real location. I saw a post on some thread a while back that mentioned that.

But I think it's just wishful thinking, as FH4 will probably just be FH3 with a new map of the same size and a few more features, much like FH3 was to FH2. But time will tell.
Forza Faithful since FM4. I race in cockpit view.
#6 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 11:20:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SN1P3R SK33T Go to Quoted Post
Hey there,

Loving the series so far, I just feel there's one thing missing from each game in the Horizon series. I'd love to see an actual race track. It's hard to imagine in the real world, should a festival like this actually occur, that it wouldn't be set at or near a race track. Be it Le Mans, Nurburgring, even Monaco. I honestly thought Monaco would be a part of the second installment.

I don't mean go and laser-scan the surrounding area or anything like that. Maybe not even a real life location, but to have an actual race track would just make it feel complete in my eyes. Maybe even bring one of the fantasy tracks from the main series like Swiss Alps or Prague.

This would defeat the purpose of having a separate motorsports and open world games.

#7 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 11:30:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: T REX 5753 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SN1P3R SK33T Go to Quoted Post
Hey there,

This would defeat the purpose of having a separate motorsports and open world games.

Well this would be with the FH physics, and it would go alongside the main festival races and street races.

Edited by user Monday, February 6, 2017 11:30:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Faithful since FM4. I race in cockpit view.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 12:02:02 AM(UTC)
- Club Vs Club racing (or it already exists in FH3? Please correct me if I'm wrong) with a Leader Board
- better bonus which promote "clean" racing (occasional bumping is okay but I hate seeing full-on bumper cars in online racings, especially asphalt only races!)
- as previously suggested semi real-life race courses (not as serious as FM)
- proper RallyCross!

that's all I can think of so far :)
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:11:28 AM(UTC)
They could do something mental like recreate the whole UK map and have all the major circuits within it. So you could blast around the M25 then head West to go race at Thruxton etc etc.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:18:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NumerableToast Go to Quoted Post
They could do something mental like recreate the whole UK map and have all the major circuits within it. So you could blast around the M25 then head West to go race at Thruxton etc etc.

Being able to go for a blast around Newcastle in a T/A would be great!
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:27:44 AM(UTC)
Why not give an option to link all the versions (FH2 & Storm Island, FH3 & Blizzard Mountain & FH4 & 1st Expansion if an Island) of Forza Horizon into one big super game so that we could seamlessly go from one place to the other.
I like the idea of being able to sample Europe, Aussie & FH4 from different airports without having to load everything separate!
While they are on, link the games saves as well!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, how could you link Colorado from FH1????????????????
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:29:33 AM(UTC)
Realistic engine swaps. No more v12 into everything..
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:40:20 AM(UTC)
Also would be good if they added decent car/engine/exhaust noises. I have noticed the same noises being used for several cars. Maybe even add aftermarket exhausts that actuallly change the sound of the car. The sounds atm are okay, but I think there needs to be more of a range instead of the same noises for several different cars.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:55:49 AM(UTC)
This thread makes me wish I had a better grasp on posting pics here, lol!! I'll write more when I have a chance. The just would be just a random, open world. Huge, very diverse. There should be terrain for EVERYONE. Rally, circuit, DRAG and drift.

There should be drive to, open tracks throughout the world map. Theres several towns, no reason one can't have a circuit track, one has a drag strip. NOT A MILE RUNWAY THING. One could have some sort of drift course. Point being, real tracks are driven to. Why not make a spot to drive to and run on a track in Horizon. Not select an event, but drive to the track. Drive to the gatage/pit area, then on to the track.

For drag, have a location for 1/8, 1/4 mile runs. Use the speed zone or drift zone type thing for staging. Pull up to the burnout box, heat your tires, then pull up to a tree. Something that can be always on, but cycles with proximity or something. Then a timer/win light at 1/8 and 1/4. At the end, just take the pit road and drive back to line up and do it again.

There should be upgrades that allow for each type of racing. Keep all the circuit stuff, maybe fix the unbalance PI system. Add proper off road upgrades, proper drag upgrades and drift upgrades.

My whole thing is that it's 6 Motorsport games and 3 Horizon games and it's pretty much the same thing polished up a bit. I challenge Turn 10 to blow everything out of the water. Make something NEW and huge. Show what can be done with these games now. Stop limiting whats being done to fit a time line and push the envelope. Make a something that truly is for everyone.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:20:06 PM(UTC)
Home from work and just turned on the game. I had written about this before on a Horizon 3 wishlist, figured I'd throw it out there again.

I think it would be cool if our garages were actually garages that we drove to. Right now there's festivals that everybody has to use. Why not have, let say 24 (whatever the multiplayer limit is or will be) properties on the map to choose from. Basically houses, home bases, garages, whatever you want to call them, but a spot on the map that is YOURS. Where you build, tune, drive your car to and from.

Something even cooler with that is driving to a friend's garage. Have that be the "Storefront". Set up your own space as you progress. Unlock more spaces, more stuff for your garage. Take it from a back yard one car garage to a full on speedshop. Something completely new and engaging.

I would just love to see some sort of personality or charm back in this game. It feels soulless anymore, somewhat. Granted the PI system doesn't really help that. Everything has to AWD and rediculous.

Anyway, I've thought I'd throw that part about the garages up again before I forgot. And don't forget, all the proper drag upgrades, drift upgrades. Drive to tracks and stuff I wrote earlier!!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:21:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#16 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 1:58:24 AM(UTC)
My wish for the next Forza

Please make Drift Angle kits for all cars. And make costem Bodykits too modify. i don't mean Liberty walk, Rocket Bunny or only Bumpers I mean Forza Costomizing Forza Bodykits or we can mix Liberty Walk and Rocket Bunny etc. and make them for all cars please.
#17 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 6:43:51 AM(UTC)
I've been thinking about this for the past couple of days.

The Horizon series is supposed to be a reflection of the car culture at the time of release. This lead to things like Liberty Walk and Rocket Bunny kits being added for cars. I personally think it would be great if they'd go back to the late nineties/early noughties in England. Back to the Max Power era of car modifications. Not something that's likely to happen, but I'd absolutely love to see that happen! Would bring back some memories for sure.
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 7:03:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

The Horizon series is supposed to be a reflection of the car culture at the time of release. This lead to things like Liberty Walk and Rocket Bunny kits being added for cars. I personally think it would be great if they'd go back to the late nineties/early noughties in England. Back to the Max Power era of car modifications. Not something that's likely to happen, but I'd absolutely love to see that happen! Would bring back some memories for sure.
Why would you even care if you are, like you say, "done with the series"??

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 10:23:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

Why would you even care if you are, like you say, "done with the series"??

Because trying something new like that would draw me back to the series. My boredom with the series comes from lack of anything really new being added.
#20 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 1:19:03 PM(UTC)
I think for forza horizon 4 they should add the 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport with the V8 318 engine
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:54:44 AM(UTC)
Glad I found this thread as I wanted to start one.

Horizon 1 ... Racing in an open world. Do whatever I want, whenever I want. Perfect cocktail for a perfect racing game. Could this become any better? Yup, they came with FH2...
And once I thought they had reached the climax, when I thought it couldn't get any better, they came with Horizon 3!
This game is just ... Wooooow. Although I have completed it, explored every inch, hence put 400+ hrs into it, it just keeps me going back for more of it.
Never had such an experience.

Anyways, I'm writing here because I believe there are a few (just minor) points that could be improved if there would be a FH4.

1) MUSIC:
- Choose Soundtrack : although I know we have to get the impression of actually really listening to a radio station, I think it would be nice to have the possibility to choose ourselves a track whenever we want to, and not just keep waiting and waiting. Some songs are really cool. Yes, even after 400 hours :) The only way I can "force" a soundtrack, is by creating/replaying a blueprinted bucket list. Or, switch my headphones to PC and go on YT :)

2) AUCTIONS:
- Max Bid : I'd rather see a possibility to fill in a max. bid of what one is ready to pay for a car, such as on eBay. If no one exceeds that bid, then you win of course. If someone does exceed that bid, well... too bad and it'll be for a next time. I'd rather prefer these instead of following these auction where I made a bid.

- Withdrawing an Auction : I'd like the possibility to withdraw an auction if I notice I made a mistake somehow. Of course, this should only be possible as long as no one made a bit on the auctioned car.

- Renewing an Auction : I believe there should be a button or such, where I can choose to "renew an auction" instead of first claiming the car that hasn't been sold, and then return to the menu to start a new auction. If you have just one car to sell, it isn't such time taking thing to do. But if you have several cars, well... then the whole process becomes tidy to do.

- Remember Auction Selection : I believe there should be a possibility to make "save file" of some sort that remembers your selection. If I'm aiming at several brands, I have to go through the whole list over and over again. Some kind of 'shortcut' would be nice.

3) LIVERIES:
Oh hell!!
- Select Design in Freeroam : we get the possibility to change our tune setup for the car while being in freeroam, although for a car design I always have to go back to the Festival Site. Not really logic. Either you go for both to the garage to "virtually" change the suspension, tires, but also the liveries. Or, we get to change both (upgrades and car designs) while being on the road. I prefer the latter option of course.

- Sorting Designs : having created well over 260 liveries, and downloaded a handful more of very nice liveries made by others, I get a huuuuuge list of liveries to scroll through!! I believe there should be an option to narrow search. Because now, if I want to use one of the first designs I created/downloaded, which means it is the oldest, I have to scroll all the way to the right to get to the livery. There are also liveries that are in the middle. Having to go through each of them, one by one, is... well, it could be made easier.

- Double Designs : if I use the "Search" function and I come across my own designs, if I press 'A' to select it, it downloads it ending up with 2 identical liveries for that same car. One still being able to modify (apply decals/car paint), the other being "locked" !! And, if I try to delete the locked one, I get a message that I won't be earning credits any longer for each download/like/use. So, I end up with a double livery in a collection that already is pretty huge. I think there's some work to be done here...

4) OUTFIT:
- Driver's outfit : well... I just thought it would be nice if we could chose between several outfits for our driver. I have this nice looking lady and would be lovely to see her in a bikini (well, she was wearing a short sleeved T-shirt on Blizzard Mountain, so I don't think she would mind, would she?) :)

5) DLC:
- Expansion packs such as Storm Island, or even better, Blizzard Mountain are the real deal. No more stupid Porsche Packs please!! I start to believe the devs have bought some shares on the stock exchange. There's nothing special about these cars and they're a waste of (real life) money. Like I said, for expansion packs such as Storm or Blizzard, I'll gladly open my wallet because they're worth it. So, if I wasn't clear, NO MORE PORSCHE PACKS!!

Well... That's all, folks. Hate (or love) me for what I wrote. It's just my 5 cents on what I believe should or could be improved.

Maybe you're feeling the same... or maybe not.

I'll be happy to read your reactions, whether positive or negative. I'm just curious if others agree, what other people think, and I hope (fingers crossed) the devs read all our stuff as well.

Thanks for your time reading my post.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 4:43:23 PM(UTC)
I hope we can organize our garage in more ways than just adding to "favorites." with over 500 cars and so many different surfaces to race on and tune for, it gets hard to remember what car I built for what. So let us organize by pavement /rally /cross country /snow /hot wheels...
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 4:53:12 PM(UTC)
More than 30 sec to pick a car please, there is a 45 second endless vote. 1 minute at least to sort through the mess.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:45:35 PM(UTC)
Hello, I very much enjoy playing forza horizon games. But one thing I would really like to see and be able to enjoy in the game would be to add motorcycles into the game.
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:45:18 PM(UTC)
What about this: Forget everything that T10 thinks they know.

Try an airport.

What it is is you will get country options. Europe, America, Australia, Japan, places with good car culture. You can take a plane like you would when you go to an expansion in FH3. You would get options at the airport place, like they had in 3, and you can go anywhere, but they would be decent maps, like Horizon 2. Not massive, just large enough to satisfy players by each of the maps. This would be a fulfilling experience with Europe and America's road perfection, Australia for offroading, and Japan for the scenic routes.

Also, we would have Motorsport 7 amount of cars, which is in the 7 hundreds if I'm correct.

We could have in-depth story that has some plot.

That is all I have for now. Like if you agree with me. I will edit if I think of more.

Notification

Icon
Error