4 Pages1234PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:08:33 PM(UTC)
I wouldn't have as much as a problem with microtransactions in video games if the value of them reflected what you got. Like previous Forza games with tokens, the most expensive vehicles when purchased with tokens works out to be about as much as it costs to buy the game itself. Realistically as a single car is just one tiny feature in a game, I wouldn't even expect the value of the vehicle when converted into real-life money to even work out to be a dollar, but in cents. And I think people would be more likely to go with microtransactions if, using Forza as an example, if cars worked out to be about 25 to 50 cents. Of course, the company would not make as much money and I think for most organizations this is why pricing microtransactions proportionally would never fly.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:37:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeoWolfpig Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AwesomeVanPower Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain me please how can I disable the tokens currency? thanks!


Go into the ingame marketplace, onto the token thing which shows up and press x.



BTW: As a lot of people in here complain that the value of ingame credits could be altered so that people buy the tokens.....saw while searching tokens for the game in the ms store that horizon 2 had them too.
Did they alter there any of the mentioned stuff?
Or in any other Title of them in which they used that?

If not....why assume that they will do it here?


I'm not entirely sure about FH2, since it already had tokens when I first played. However, I do know that FM6 started out without tokens, but tokens were later added, and they did not alter the car prices or credit rewards in any way that would get people to buy the tokens. In fact, credits actually became easier to earn after one of the FM6 updates increased credit prizes on spins, which would make buying tokens basically unthinkable for anyone who played for any amount of time, especially if they used Credit or XP boost mods. Therefore, there's no guarantee that FH3's credit payouts or car prices will be altered to encourage buying tokens.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of absolute speed
Rank: On the Podium
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 2:38:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NegativeCreep08 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
I always laugh at how people are about optional things like tokens.

"Instantly disabled!" Or the like, it is just amusing to me, it isn't like they are ever forcing you to buy them.


Except that developers deliberately reduce the rate you can earn in game money to "encourage" people into them. Credits buildup does seem a lot slower in Horizon 3; I'm at level 150 with about 60% completion and still only have 3.3million in the bank. I've no doubt the reason they weren't in the title and launch was so reviewers wouldn't mention them either. Admittedly though Forza's aren't the worst - I recently started Gears 4 which is nothing but a tedious grind to unlock random cards - but the depressing reality is that they will do it because people complain yet buy them anyway.


And yet, they still aren't forcing them at all. What others do with their real money, doesn't affect you at all as much as you and those like you would like to think it does

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: On the Podium
 5 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 2:44:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
I always laugh at how people are about optional things like tokens.

"Instantly disabled!" Or the like, it is just amusing to me, it isn't like they are ever forcing you to buy them.


I assume you're one of the people who applaud Rockstar, and their £100+ yachts etc.


I don't play GTA Online, so i have zero opinion on what rockstar does with that aspect, i do have other thoughs on what they should do with GTA single player, but, that isn't for this forum.

But yet, i can say this.. you can either buy shark cards, or not buy them. Again, what others do with their real world money, doesn’t affect you at all as much as you would like to think it does

Microtransactions are optional, not forced. I would love to see where it says you are forced to buy tokens for this game. Or forced, to buy in game currency for any game for that matter.

These things are put in for those with expendable income to gain access to the stuff right away without playing the game as others would want to.

That is my 2 cents on this topic.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:30:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
I always laugh at how people are about optional things like tokens.

"Instantly disabled!" Or the like, it is just amusing to me, it isn't like they are ever forcing you to buy them.


I assume you're one of the people who applaud Rockstar, and their £100+ yachts etc.


I don't play GTA Online, so i have zero opinion on what rockstar does with that aspect, i do have other thoughs on what they should do with GTA single player, but, that isn't for this forum.

But yet, i can say this.. you can either buy shark cards, or not buy them. Again, what others do with their real world money, doesn’t affect you at all as much as you would like to think it does

Microtransactions are optional, not forced. I would love to see where it says you are forced to buy tokens for this game. Or forced, to buy in game currency for any game for that matter.

These things are put in for those with expendable income to gain access to the stuff right away without playing the game as others would want to.

That is my 2 cents on this topic.


Actually, what others do with their money in the case of microtransactions does affect me. The more people pay for them, the more that developers will use them, and the more that developers will balance their games around microtransactions. Take GTA Online for example, every single update, the additions get more and more expensive, because they know people will pay the ridiculous prices for the Shark Cards. They've gotten to the point where if you want to experience even a small amount of the new content, you'll need to pay in excess of $600 in microtransactions. That's ridiculous to me, and I don't want to see any other developers go down the route that Rockstar have.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:40:03 PM(UTC)
I would not worry, just ignore them. Forza 6 had this added too, had zero affect on anything. Stop the panic
Rank: On the Podium
 4 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:46:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I would not worry, just ignore them. Forza 6 had this added too, had zero affect on anything. Stop the panic


Forza has had tokens for quite a few games now, and exactly, it hasn't had any impact whatsoever.


Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: Driver's Permit
#33 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:02:42 AM(UTC)
How do I use the tokens I bought in forza 3. It keeps prompting me to buy more tokens when I have enough.
Rank: Racing Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:54:18 AM(UTC)
You guys done yet? I find it hilarious that every time there's a controversial opinion in these forums I can find the same ~5 people bashing on random people with valid opinions. Bad enough without drawing Heironymous out of whatever cave he hides in, but what's the point? Microtransactions are a crappy thing that people are allowed to complain about, or does the same group of people need to constantly remind themselves that they agree with eachother?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#35 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:30:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatanFearsCHAD Go to Quoted Post
You guys done yet? I find it hilarious that every time there's a controversial opinion in these forums I can find the same ~5 people bashing on random people with valid opinions. Bad enough without drawing Heironymous out of whatever cave he hides in, but what's the point? Microtransactions are a crappy thing that people are allowed to complain about, or does the same group of people need to constantly remind themselves that they agree with eachother?

What is your point ?
I'm not naming and shaming but for example, if all considered, VerrucktShakal is very wrong in his theory.
The things is, it's not the first time they implemented indeed. Of course they are not going to change the prices to higher points now they though about before. It's called planning.
Forza Concerns: economy, gameplay mechanism,car list,PI-System,limited physics, unserious arcadish driving system, plain and empty map
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:43:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: solarriors Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatanFearsCHAD Go to Quoted Post
You guys done yet? I find it hilarious that every time there's a controversial opinion in these forums I can find the same ~5 people bashing on random people with valid opinions. Bad enough without drawing Heironymous out of whatever cave he hides in, but what's the point? Microtransactions are a crappy thing that people are allowed to complain about, or does the same group of people need to constantly remind themselves that they agree with eachother?

What is your point ?
I'm not naming and shaming but for example, if all considered, VerrucktShakal is very wrong in his theory.
The things is, it's not the first time they implemented indeed. Of course they are not going to change the prices to higher points now they though about before. It's called planning.


My point is that it's pretty bad when the reddit community has a better sense of 'If you have nothing nice to say...' and this is coming from forum regulars, and one of the Mods for crying out loud.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 2:58:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
if you want to experience even a small amount of the new content, you'll need to pay in excess of $600 in microtransactions.


That, or just like, run a few heists and get millions in the space of a few hours. I'm pretty sure that's what the economy is based around at this point; the game is constantly, constantly churning money out into the economy, and it's really not hard to earn big.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 3:14:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
if you want to experience even a small amount of the new content, you'll need to pay in excess of $600 in microtransactions.


That, or just like, run a few heists and get millions in the space of a few hours. I'm pretty sure that's what the economy is based around at this point; the game is constantly, constantly churning money out into the economy, and it's really not hard to earn big.


Aye, sure, and have to deal with trying to get together a group of 4 randoms who'll actually stay in the lobby, and who'll actually be able to do it. No thanks, last time I tried that I was sat inviting in the lobby for almost 2 hours before I got 4 people, only for one of them to quit 5 minutes in.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 1:57:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeoWolfpig Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AwesomeVanPower Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain me please how can I disable the tokens currency? thanks!


Go into the ingame marketplace, onto the token thing which shows up and press x.



BTW: As a lot of people in here complain that the value of ingame credits could be altered so that people buy the tokens.....saw while searching tokens for the game in the ms store that horizon 2 had them too.
Did they alter there any of the mentioned stuff?
Or in any other Title of them in which they used that?

If not....why assume that they will do it here?


They tried it in Forza 5 (which had tokens from the start) and then moved back. The last two games (Horizon 2 and Forza 6) were ok, they added tokens later but you could easily buy all the cars after a decent amount of time. And that's what got changed with Horizon 3. If you want to own all the cars you have to spend 200 million CR. The amount of time that takes to get even with Goliath farming is ridiculous. At the same time they reduced level up rewards (for cars you used to get the VIP perk applied as well, so you got the car and its value in CR) and designer rewards (I think they cut the amount you get for people liking your livery and such in half) and raised prices on the more expensive cars (still not to Forza 5 levels of ridiculousness, which was 25 million for the oldtimer Ferraris, but still). They also reduced the payout on Forza Rewards by moving the money you got for each tier up one tier, so you had to level up just to get what you got before, before this year with every new tier they introduced higher rewards. So yes, they most certainly try to force tokens on us, just more sneaky. Why not make "Tokens on/off" an option in the HUD settings where they belong? So people don't find the option, as this thread proves.

Thing is: I never had a problem with the way tokens were done in earlier games like Forza 4. They offered an alternative to paying with CR while still being at a decent price in real money. In Horizon 3 though: LaFerrari costs either 1.5 million CR (which is like three hours grinding Goliath) or 3000 tokens (which cost approx. $25). $25 just to be able to use one car you bought with the game to begin with. And to make matters worse: They removed the option to test cars before buying with H3. No, H3 is built around microtransactions, they just took the stealth approach of adding them in. But to me with all the points above taken into consideration H3 is worse than Forza 5 in that regard.
Rank: Racing Legend
 4 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 2:06:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NeoWolfpig Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AwesomeVanPower Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain me please how can I disable the tokens currency? thanks!


Go into the ingame marketplace, onto the token thing which shows up and press x.



BTW: As a lot of people in here complain that the value of ingame credits could be altered so that people buy the tokens.....saw while searching tokens for the game in the ms store that horizon 2 had them too.
Did they alter there any of the mentioned stuff?
Or in any other Title of them in which they used that?

If not....why assume that they will do it here?


They tried it in Forza 5 (which had tokens from the start) and then moved back. The last two games (Horizon 2 and Forza 6) were ok, they added tokens later but you could easily buy all the cars after a decent amount of time. And that's what got changed with Horizon 3. If you want to own all the cars you have to spend 200 million CR. The amount of time that takes to get even with Goliath farming is ridiculous. At the same time they reduced level up rewards (for cars you used to get the VIP perk applied as well, so you got the car and its value in CR) and designer rewards (I think they cut the amount you get for people liking your livery and such in half) and raised prices on the more expensive cars (still not to Forza 5 levels of ridiculousness, which was 25 million for the oldtimer Ferraris, but still). They also reduced the payout on Forza Rewards by moving the money you got for each tier up one tier, so you had to level up just to get what you got before, before this year with every new tier they introduced higher rewards. So yes, they most certainly try to force tokens on us, just more sneaky. Why not make "Tokens on/off" an option in the HUD settings where they belong? So people don't find the option, as this thread proves.

Thing is: I never had a problem with the way tokens were done in earlier games like Forza 4. They offered an alternative to paying with CR while still being at a decent price in real money. In Horizon 3 though: LaFerrari costs either 1.5 million CR (which is like three hours grinding Goliath) or 3000 tokens (which cost approx. $25). $25 just to be able to use one car you bought with the game to begin with. And to make matters worse: They removed the option to test cars before buying with H3. No, H3 is built around microtransactions, they just took the stealth approach of adding them in. But to me with all the points above taken into consideration H3 is worse than Forza 5 in that regard.


Makes no sense
Nobody forces anyone to use tokens
Only impatient , lazy and people that dont mind throwing their money away use tokens

There is absolutely no reason to use them unless you actually want to..

Dont want to use its easy to just not use them
Disable is easy too..just go to the extras tile and press X..it has a notification on it so not hard to find either

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2016 1:04:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 2:48:48 AM(UTC)
What always bemuses me about discussions like these is to see consumers so eager to be aggressive apologists for a vendor exploring ways to double dip on charges for goods and services provided. Yes, you can avoid cash for content access (tokens). For the moment. Keep on saying how swell it is and see how that works out for you in the long run.

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2016 2:49:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
#42 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 9:53:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NeoWolfpig Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AwesomeVanPower Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain me please how can I disable the tokens currency? thanks!


Go into the ingame marketplace, onto the token thing which shows up and press x.



BTW: As a lot of people in here complain that the value of ingame credits could be altered so that people buy the tokens.....saw while searching tokens for the game in the ms store that horizon 2 had them too.
Did they alter there any of the mentioned stuff?
Or in any other Title of them in which they used that?

If not....why assume that they will do it here?


They tried it in Forza 5 (which had tokens from the start) and then moved back. The last two games (Horizon 2 and Forza 6) were ok, they added tokens later but you could easily buy all the cars after a decent amount of time. And that's what got changed with Horizon 3. If you want to own all the cars you have to spend 200 million CR. The amount of time that takes to get even with Goliath farming is ridiculous. At the same time they reduced level up rewards (for cars you used to get the VIP perk applied as well, so you got the car and its value in CR) and designer rewards (I think they cut the amount you get for people liking your livery and such in half) and raised prices on the more expensive cars (still not to Forza 5 levels of ridiculousness, which was 25 million for the oldtimer Ferraris, but still). They also reduced the payout on Forza Rewards by moving the money you got for each tier up one tier, so you had to level up just to get what you got before, before this year with every new tier they introduced higher rewards. So yes, they most certainly try to force tokens on us, just more sneaky. Why not make "Tokens on/off" an option in the HUD settings where they belong? So people don't find the option, as this thread proves.

Thing is: I never had a problem with the way tokens were done in earlier games like Forza 4. They offered an alternative to paying with CR while still being at a decent price in real money. In Horizon 3 though: LaFerrari costs either 1.5 million CR (which is like three hours grinding Goliath) or 3000 tokens (which cost approx. $25). $25 just to be able to use one car you bought with the game to begin with. And to make matters worse: They removed the option to test cars before buying with H3. No, H3 is built around microtransactions, they just took the stealth approach of adding them in. But to me with all the points above taken into consideration H3 is worse than Forza 5 in that regard.


Makes no sense
Nobody forces anyone to use tokens
Only impatient lazy and people that dont mind throwing their money away use tokens

There is absolutely no reason to use them unless you actually want to..

Dont want to use its easy to just not use them
Disable is easy too..just go to the extras tile and press X..it has a notification on it so not hard to find either


Okay, this kind of thing really annoys me. You automatically assume that people who dislike games balanced around microtransactions are lazy and/or "full of entitlement". You know nothing of their lives, nothing of how much time they're able to play the game.

When a game is balanced around microtransactions, it forces people to grind even more than normal, and when people aren't able to put in that amount of time to be able to grind like those who seemingly have all the time in the world, it takes away from their enjoyment of the game massively.
Rank: Racing Legend
 3 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 1:12:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NeoWolfpig Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AwesomeVanPower Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain me please how can I disable the tokens currency? thanks!


Go into the ingame marketplace, onto the token thing which shows up and press x.



BTW: As a lot of people in here complain that the value of ingame credits could be altered so that people buy the tokens.....saw while searching tokens for the game in the ms store that horizon 2 had them too.
Did they alter there any of the mentioned stuff?
Or in any other Title of them in which they used that?

If not....why assume that they will do it here?


They tried it in Forza 5 (which had tokens from the start) and then moved back. The last two games (Horizon 2 and Forza 6) were ok, they added tokens later but you could easily buy all the cars after a decent amount of time. And that's what got changed with Horizon 3. If you want to own all the cars you have to spend 200 million CR. The amount of time that takes to get even with Goliath farming is ridiculous. At the same time they reduced level up rewards (for cars you used to get the VIP perk applied as well, so you got the car and its value in CR) and designer rewards (I think they cut the amount you get for people liking your livery and such in half) and raised prices on the more expensive cars (still not to Forza 5 levels of ridiculousness, which was 25 million for the oldtimer Ferraris, but still). They also reduced the payout on Forza Rewards by moving the money you got for each tier up one tier, so you had to level up just to get what you got before, before this year with every new tier they introduced higher rewards. So yes, they most certainly try to force tokens on us, just more sneaky. Why not make "Tokens on/off" an option in the HUD settings where they belong? So people don't find the option, as this thread proves.

Thing is: I never had a problem with the way tokens were done in earlier games like Forza 4. They offered an alternative to paying with CR while still being at a decent price in real money. In Horizon 3 though: LaFerrari costs either 1.5 million CR (which is like three hours grinding Goliath) or 3000 tokens (which cost approx. $25). $25 just to be able to use one car you bought with the game to begin with. And to make matters worse: They removed the option to test cars before buying with H3. No, H3 is built around microtransactions, they just took the stealth approach of adding them in. But to me with all the points above taken into consideration H3 is worse than Forza 5 in that regard.


Makes no sense
Nobody forces anyone to use tokens
Only impatient lazy and people that dont mind throwing their money away use tokens

There is absolutely no reason to use them unless you actually want to..

Dont want to use its easy to just not use them
Disable is easy too..just go to the extras tile and press X..it has a notification on it so not hard to find either


Okay, this kind of thing really annoys me. You automatically assume that people who dislike games balanced around microtransactions are lazy and/or "full of entitlement". You know nothing of their lives, nothing of how much time they're able to play the game.

When a game is balanced around microtransactions, it forces people to grind even more than normal, and when people aren't able to put in that amount of time to be able to grind like those who seemingly have all the time in the world, it takes away from their enjoyment of the game massively.


You dont need to own every single car in the game to enjoy the the game either
The game is not balanced around microtransactions ..people have done perfectly fine until now without them
Why do people need to grind as well
Just play the game the same as they have the past 3 months before they were introduced
People can play the game however they want
Im not gonna waste real money when i really dont need to..especially within a game
Tokens have been in at least the last 4 forza titles
This rubbish gets brought up every time too...same as the other topics like ultimate edition not containing all dlc even when it has never been stated that it does

Bottom line is you dont have to use tokens
It's your CHOICE ..it's an option
No one forces you to at all

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2016 4:08:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 1:35:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NegativeCreep08 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post
I always laugh at how people are about optional things like tokens.

"Instantly disabled!" Or the like, it is just amusing to me, it isn't like they are ever forcing you to buy them.


Except that developers deliberately reduce the rate you can earn in game money to "encourage" people into them. Credits buildup does seem a lot slower in Horizon 3; I'm at level 150 with about 60% completion and still only have 3.3million in the bank. I've no doubt the reason they weren't in the title and launch was so reviewers wouldn't mention them either. Admittedly though Forza's aren't the worst - I recently started Gears 4 which is nothing but a tedious grind to unlock random cards - but the depressing reality is that they will do it because people complain yet buy them anyway.


And yet, they still aren't forcing them at all. What others do with their real money, doesn't affect you at all as much as you and those like you would like to think it does


Not a big deal. what did bug me was there was an Achievement for a Token Purchase of a vehicle in FM6. That bugged me a bit.
Friend Me FH3, FM6
Vehicles That Should Be In FH3
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 1:45:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - please don't quote walls of text - MM]

Bottom line is you dont have to use tokens
It's your CHOICE ..it's an option
No one forces you to at all


How do you know someone doesn't need all the cars to fully enjoy the game? Their enjoyment of the game may come from collecting cars.
Where in my post did I say this game is balanced around microtransactions? I was making a general statement towards all games.
People do need to grind if they want everything though. My definition of grinding is needing to repeat things over and over in order to get ingame money, this game fits that definition perfectly as once you've finished every race, you'll be going back over repeating things.
If things start to be balanced around microtransactions, that stops people playing the game they want to without having to pay more and more on top of the high price they've already paid for the game itself.
While tokens have indeed been in the last 4 Forza games, I'm still very distrusting of microtransactions in general. Companies will start to get greedier and greedier with them as they become more accepted in their game(s) *cough* Rockstar *cough*.
This "rubbish" indeed gets brought up every time because it's bad business practice, and not consumer friendly.

Bottom line is while now I don't need to, I don't trust them not to start balancing future games around them, I don't trust any developer not to one they've started sneaking them in.
If it carries on, and games start being balanced around microtransactions, it comes down to a choice of ponying up the cash for those microtransactions, or stop playing the game full stop.

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2016 3:38:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 2:24:10 PM(UTC)
IMHO it's only grinding if you don't enjoy playing the game not because you're going back and doing things you've already done. Am I grinding in FM6 because I've already raced every track in the game but yet still continue to race? They put them in for people to use if they wanted and not use them if they don't want to it is in no way centered or balanced towards micros.

Bottom line is You are assuming they will get worse and balance the game towards micros even though they've had them for over 5 years and nothing has changed. I felt like credits came so fast in FM6 it actually discouraged buying tokens with real money.

The sky is NOT falling.
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 3:27:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - please don't quote walls of text- MM]
Bottom line is you dont have to use tokens
It's your CHOICE ..it's an option
No one forces you to at all


You seem to keep missing a number of key points, you frequently point out that people can enjoy the game however they want, then immediately criticize them if that enjoyment comes from collecting cars, just because you don't need to collect cars to get your full enjoyment, doesn't mean others shouldn't. you keep basing what other people should want based on what you want, which is frankly stupid.

And YES the game is balanced around the microtransactions whether you like to admit it or not, games have gotten noticeably more stingy since they've become popular, and DAT trashman, you're being naive if you think it's not going to get worse, because it already has. FM6 is only easy to get credits in because they got called out on it earlier with either FM5, or FM6 (I can't remember witch) making the grind harder. Why people are so eager to promote companies trying to weasel us out of more money is beyond me. At this rate within 10 years every game is going to be a F2P demo with overpriced microtransactions for every piece of in game content.
Call me paranoid if you want, but I kinda like not spending $200+ CAD for all of a game's content, especially to only have that content be a broken mess

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2016 3:37:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
#48 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 3:31:17 PM(UTC)
A few of you seem to keep missing the point which is - please snip the long quotes.
I blame the ants.
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 3:36:12 PM(UTC)
The developers in their own words:

FM5 " But if I'm honest we introduced this in Forza 4 with the car tokens. A lot of people noticed and thought it can be introduced where it's not a paywall, and people don't seem to be up in arms because it's just an accelerator. I worry - and I don't know this - that we were in some cases the inspiration for some of this in other games. I'd say the biggest inspiration is the way the world is going. This is happening more and more in games, and I understand gamers being resistant, especially if they feel like they're being short-sheeted. I think people are looking out for being short-sheeted, and they're seeing conspiracy where there isn't one. And that's common in today's age. We were definitely not mandated to include these - we were experimenting in Forza 4, we experimented a bit in Horizon and now we're further experimenting in Forza 5. But we experiment a lot of things - and when we get them wrong we try to fix them."^

FM6 "@ForzaMotorsport game was designed, tuned and tested 100% without them, and you can turn them off." ^

FM6:Apex "Design Director Andy Beaudoin told IGN that it’s “been built from the beginning, all the way to the end, not to be a microtransaction driven game.”"^


FH3 is no different.

Edited by user Monday, December 19, 2016 3:47:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 3:47:22 PM(UTC)
Spot ON, DAT trashman.

I am in total agreement.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error