4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 10:54:52 PM(UTC)
So today i went into the pause menu and saw that on extras i saw a section that said tokens i clicked it and said unable to connect to servers something like that, now when i'm in the car dealership i'm given the option to buy cars with tokens but it won't let me idk why
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:28:30 AM(UTC)
I was surprised to see upon entering my garage that my cars had token values as well as credit values. While I'll never buy any tokens since I already own all cars thus far and have over 10m credits, I was wanting to know: what's your opinion on tokens being added? FYI: If you don't want to deal with tokens, you can disable them by pausing your game, going to the Marketplace tab, select Extras and press the button/key indicated at the bottom of the screen to disable tokens.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of absolute speed
 7 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:31:56 AM(UTC)
Its a choice with a disable. I am ok with it.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 2:23:04 AM(UTC)
I disable too
Forza Concerns: economy, gameplay mechanism,car list,PI-System,limited physics, unserious arcadish driving system, plain and empty map
 8 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 2:26:20 AM(UTC)
Disabled right away. Microtransactions in full price games are a joke which sadly people now accept without question, and I refuse to pay real money for a cheat code.
 4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 2:56:35 AM(UTC)
At least they give us the option to turn them off, in which case I'm fine with them.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:35:30 AM(UTC)
It´s an option, well implemented and visible or not, i have no problem with it; and don´t feel other intention that other games seems to like the "ingame purchase with real money and high prices". The same method with tokens was done in FM6 after 6 months or so since its launch.

The economy in the game is ok, in FM6 is too way easy earn money, in FH3 maybe because of HE cars, AU and lose the opportnity to win an especific car from Forzathon maybe makes more interesting save money and forces to play more and spend less but really good balanced.

But Tokens are really doens´t need them playing a reasonable amount of time. Instead other games that clearly are forcing people to play an insane amount of hours to earn enough money and get that car, or whatever; i can rememberd in Gran Turismo 6 that the real cost in money for Lamborghini Miura was 100 euros, more than 100 $.......XD. Is not the case with Forza games.

Salute!

Edited by user Saturday, December 17, 2016 3:47:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 5:46:16 AM(UTC)
I always laugh at how people are about optional things like tokens.

"Instantly disabled!" Or the like, it is just amusing to me, it isn't like they are ever forcing you to buy them.

Edited by user Saturday, December 17, 2016 5:51:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 6:37:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hurricane221798 Go to Quoted Post
I was surprised to see upon entering my garage that my cars had token values as well as credit values. While I'll never buy any tokens since I already own all cars thus far and have over 10m credits, I was wanting to know: what's your opinion on tokens being added? FYI: If you don't want to deal with tokens, you can disable them by pausing your game, going to the Marketplace tab, select Extras and press the button/key indicated at the bottom of the screen to disable tokens.

If it can be about real money, it will be.

Before, only the VIP double-credits made the game's economy obliquely about real money. Now, it's directly about it. By making in-game credits difficult to obtain, the perceived value of tokens increases. This creates pressure on development to nerf in-game credits earning, and pressure on the consumer to spend real money in-game.

That's about as objectively as I can put it. I'll leave it there.
 4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 6:51:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post

"Instantly disabled!" Or the like, it is just amusing to me, it isn't like they are ever forcing you to buy them.

Except that developers deliberately reduce the rate you can earn in game money to "encourage" people into them. Credits buildup does seem a lot slower in Horizon 3; I'm at level 150 with about 60% completion and still only have 3.3million in the bank. I've no doubt the reason they weren't in the title and launch was so reviewers wouldn't mention them either. Admittedly though Forza's aren't the worst - I recently started Gears 4 which is nothing but a tedious grind to unlock random cards - but the depressing reality is that they will do it because people complain yet buy them anyway.
 19 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 7:00:46 AM(UTC)

Could you please describe in detail how the bad man forced you to buy tokens against your will?

Edited by user Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:20:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator

4 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 7:45:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post

Could you please describe in detail how the bad man forced you to buy tokens against your will?

Still can't stop laughing :) but in all seriousness I never understood why people have a problem against tokens. I mean if you don't want them don't buy them but if people want to pay money for them I don't see the problem. I don't use tokens because I'm broke but it's not like anyone forces you to buy them it's just there for those who do.

Edited by user Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:20:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 5/20/2045 6:14:57 AM(UTC)
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 7:54:21 AM(UTC)
Well, first of all, the server wouldn't be down for 4 hours and counting right now if they didn't try to shoehorn more microtransactions into this game on a Saturday morning.
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:13:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NegativeCreep08 Go to Quoted Post
Disabled right away. Microtransactions in full price games are a joke which sadly people now accept without question, and I refuse to pay real money for a cheat code.

My thoughts exactly.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:14:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IvoGTA 360 Go to Quoted Post
At least they give us the option to turn them off, in which case I'm fine with them.

Yep same here.

Servers seem to be down for several hours already though (everything from Forzathon to auction house to even in-game chat). I suppose the new tokens have something to do with that. :P
@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:16:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post

priceless :)

Edited by user Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:21:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

@sofa: XBO 1TB + Elite Controller ~ Samsung 65" SUHD curved 3D LED TV ~ 5.1 surround home theatre
@rig: XBO 1TB ~ obutto r3volution ~ Thrustmaster TX + T3PA + TH8A + Leather 28 GT ~ Samsung 50" 3D Plasma TV ~ H&K Soundsticks III
 3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:17:48 AM(UTC)

I assume you're one of the people who applaud Rockstar, and their £100+ yachts etc.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:48:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

I agree with both of you, token purchases are not mandatory. I disabled tokens as well but I don't have any problem with tokens existing for those who want to use them. If you don't want tokens, just disable them and it'll be just like they never existed. I hope T10/PG use their token revenue to improve the quality of their servers because these server outages are occurring too often.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of absolute speed
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:59:57 AM(UTC)

I agree with both of you, token purchases are not mandatory. I disabled tokens as well but I don't have any problem with tokens existing for those who want to use them. If you don't want tokens, just disable them and it'll be just like they never existed. I hope T10/PG use their token revenue to improve the quality of their servers because these server outages are occurring too often.

I'm okay with them as long as they're completely optional, and they don't go adjusting payouts for events to be lower in order to push people towards buying tokens. Basically as long as they don't go full Rockstar on it, and release updates where you'll need to spend £500+ on microtransactions, or grind for months, in order to experience only a small portion of the new content.
 4 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 9:18:31 AM(UTC)
Disabled it, no skin off my back. No need to get up in arms over it, in fact I thought it just carried over my setting to disable it from the previous game (for some reason) which is why I didn't see it already.
 2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 9:57:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

I'm okay with them as long as they're completely optional, and they don't go adjusting payouts for events to be lower in order to push people towards buying tokens. Basically as long as they don't go full Rockstar on it, and release updates where you'll need to spend £500+ on microtransactions, or grind for months, in order to experience only a small portion of the new content.

That's what's scaring me. Lowering In-game rewards to force people to buy virtual money.

Edited by user Saturday, December 17, 2016 10:01:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 10:14:58 AM(UTC)
How to disable it on PC?I dont see the option.Thanks :)
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 10:42:42 AM(UTC)
Can someone explain me please how can I disable the tokens currency? thanks!
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 11:38:48 AM(UTC)

I always laugh at how people state their opinions about other people's opinions.

It is just amusing to me, it isn't like they are forcing them on you... or really affect you in anyway

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 11:47:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AwesomeVanPower Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain me please how can I disable the tokens currency? thanks!

Go into the ingame marketplace, onto the token thing which shows up and press x.

BTW: As a lot of people in here complain that the value of ingame credits could be altered so that people buy the tokens.....saw while searching tokens for the game in the ms store that horizon 2 had them too.
Did they alter there any of the mentioned stuff?
Or in any other Title of them in which they used that?

If not....why assume that they will do it here?
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error